Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Spend it on all the outfits, buy all the guns (i don't think even with 300K you'll have enough for everything right off the bat though? It's been a while since i've not bought everything)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
I haven't been in a gunshop but I think I've unlocked most just from picking them up or completing side quests. No reason to hold onto money for late game then?

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

leidend posted:

I finally tried poker since I barely know the rules. After getting my rear end handed to me $2 at a time in ghetto garage poker, I went downtown and tried some $100,000 buy-in super stakes and beat everyone on the first try.

e.g. $400,000 bet on one lovely hand? Don't mind if I do

And the death blow

Paul Shaffer was very grumpy. I think I'm a gambling addict now

But seriously the poker is pretty fun. Some actual banter etc. I hate mini-games usually but this game has some good ones.

They did the poker right, I'll give them that.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Nibbles141 posted:

I haven't been in a gunshop but I think I've unlocked most just from picking them up or completing side quests. No reason to hold onto money for late game then?
Money is pretty pointless in this game. Apart from buying a couple of guns and grenade launchers early on the only thing I ever really bought were the tools from Tobias' shop. Once in awhile I'd go buy ammo if I didn't meet whatever condition it is that magically refills your ammo for you.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
You should just buy all the "outfits," guns and cars. You only buy the cars once, despite the way the game makes it seem.

Gamble your money away. It's nearly meaningless. Once I had "too much" money, I started to play without the profiler on. A small moral victory I guess?

I don't see how anyone could have fun using mouse & keys for this game. It was obviously designed for a controller.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Nibbles141 posted:

Is there anything to do with money in the game? Got about 300k and haven't finished Act 1, just been running around doing side stuff.

I posted about super stakes poker literally the post before this one because there are so many people complaining about too much money. A $400,000+ bet on one hand will thin out that bank account quick.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

dev null posted:

They did the poker right, I'll give them that.
They basically lifted it directly from Far Cry 3 (which I'm sure was easy since WD's engine is largely based on FC3's engine), with minor changes (like cheating through cameras and the analyzer).

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Nibbles141 posted:

The only gun you can't buy from a store is the U-100 LMG that drops off of the armored Enforcer dudes.

Everything else can either be bought or gotten by doing side content.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Is anyone else having trouble logging into uplay right now?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

New version of TheWorse mod out. Haven't tried it myself yet.

http://www.theworsemod.blogspot.com/

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
Has there been any support for multiple monitors yet? It's made the game pretty much unplayable for me.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

8astard0 posted:

Has there been any support for multiple monitors yet? It's made the game pretty much unplayable for me.

That's native to the console versions, sorry.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

Absolutely nuts FFA match. Got it to 99% and then it timed out with people running, killing, and dying over and over again. Kept thinking someone would get it, it was at 99% for probably the last two minutes of the match and no one could hold onto it long enough. Still, 58 kills in decryption made me a bit proud. Client side data is kinda unfair, if you unload into someone who's lagging the lag is to your advantage instead of theirs, so if you get a headshot they'll get hit by bullets shot at where they were a second ago thanks to the lovely connections.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

Finally beat the game tonight. The conclusion was a complete mess.

Overall, I'm disappointed that Ubisoft failed to live up to the admittedly lofty promise that players could choose how they wanted to play the game. Sure, you could occasionally opt for stealth over lots of explosions, but most of the game's latter parts were action movie set pieces with little opportunity to experiment. Oh, and the QTEs. Don't get me started on the QTEs.

I give this game 2 out of 4 CTOS scans.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Michaellaneous posted:

Someone tell me why Aiden reload assault rifles so loving stupid when you aim down the sights.

Why would you tilt your gun away from your other hand before pulling the magazine out.

Cause it's DYNAMIC AS gently caress BRO

:bustem:

(Because game devs think people that shoot for a living actually do this stupid poo poo and is thus a Cool Dude thing to do.)

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

anybody else had to deal with this poo poo?

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

the gently caress

nm

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Michaellaneous posted:

Someone tell me why Aiden reload assault rifles so loving stupid when you aim down the sights.

Why would you tilt your gun away from your other hand before pulling the magazine out.

Capn Beeb posted:

(Because game devs think people that shoot for a living actually do this stupid poo poo and is thus a Cool Dude thing to do.)

Would it keep the empty magazine/clip/shell/idontreallycare from hitting something, in theory?

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Theoretically to look at the ejection port and make sure it's empty/there's no obstruction or whatever. But when they're doing it that fast it just looks kinda retarded.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

Okay, look. If he would do that it would be kinda cool.
But what he does he turns the gun to the side like that guy does, then uses his LEFT hand to take the magazine out of it while holding it away from his hand.

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Theoretically to look at the ejection port and make sure it's empty/there's no obstruction or whatever. But when they're doing it that fast it just looks kinda retarded.

It also is to make sure the bolt is locked to the rear during the magazine change so all you have to do is release the bolt to resume firing after you replace the magazine.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

GET MY BELT SON posted:

anybody else had to deal with this poo poo?

If you just drive in a big circle around Navy Pier there are 4 newstands and a fast food place with radios.

\/\/\/ Then I have no idea, sorry.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 12, 2014

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Yea I know but it says I already have 100 percent completion. Its just not unlocking for whatever reason.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Is that on the Bone? Apparently it's a glitch that happens to a few games where achievements don't pop. Can take days but they pop eventually. Doesn't need to be in the same game either, it'll just pop up whatever you're doing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Where's the last convoy mission? I'm at 17 of 18 and there are no more wheel icons on the map.

There are also far more Fixer Contract icons than the progression says I have left, too.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

You only need to do 40 to get the achievement but i believe they keep spawning even afterwards i guess so you can keep getting money. Apart from the fact Rich Bank Accounts usually give you more than a single 2 or 3 minute run across the map in a Fixer mission will give you.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

You just have to wait for it to pop up. Watch the left side of the screen for updates and the last convey will come eventually. Try advancing the story too if you're still early in-game.

If you've done 10 fixer contracts (i think) and got the devastator sniper rifle you can reply the intercepted fixer contract that spawns near where you start the game at the top of the hill (forget the name). The guy spawns below and you can focus and snipe him, takes like 30 seconds. Thats if you want the achievement.

Nibbles! fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jul 13, 2014

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Can someone point me in the direction of the mod/patch that allows the use of high-res textures and filters and stuff, or has Ubisoft patched that in normally already?

v Great, thank you!

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Jul 15, 2014

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

The White Dragon posted:

Can someone point me in the direction of the mod/patch that allows the use of high-res textures and filters and stuff, or has Ubisoft patched that in normally already?

http://theworsemod.blogspot.com/

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

Something is bugged on my current playthrough making it impossible for me to do damage to my vehicles on fixer missions. I can trash them to the point of catching fire without losing a single dollar due to damage. It's great!

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

http://honyape3939.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-853.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mpbg5ACkQns

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jul 16, 2014

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Got this game on the cheap, having a blast with it. Put it on 'realistic' difficulty and I'm playing as Creepy Hobo Stalker: The Game. Current highlights are luring a bunch of other players down a side road then locking them in with a hack, and whittling down an entire convoy with road blocks and traffic pile-ups until only the main target was left. MURDER AVERTED. :downs:

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I love tailing people. Everyone expects hackers, and I keep running into guys who are just waiting for an invader. So I burn rubber up near them, pause for a second, and burn off again. People think I hacked them and am running to a safe spot to initiate so they'll chase me across the city and back to get the kill when I initiate and have to stop.

Except I'm a tail so they do my job for me by playing race cars in Chicago and eventually I hit 100% and they're sitting there like "oh...well poo poo.."

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
So far I guess I'm enjoying the game, but after playing all the Assassins Creed that I've been, Aiden feels... clunky? He doesn't move very fluidly in response to me moving the control stick and it doesn't try to hide the fact that he's just rotating on a central axis, taking cover feels kinda clumsy, and he seems really picky about what he can and can't climb. I'm not sure why they didn't just harvest their AC engine and add a few GTA-alike tweaks to it.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

For a company that had done other open world games all with better driving,stealth,and Parkour mechanics you'd think Aiden and Watch_Dogs as a whole would be a beatiful compilation of all of them. I guess we'll have to wait for the sequel to see this happen.

Dial A For Awesome
May 23, 2009
Who could be the mysterious hacker in a rodent mask? Oh wait, it's the DJ at Chicago's most famous nightclub who wears the same mask when performing and who drives around in a car with the mask symbol flashing in the back window.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Dial A For Awesome posted:

Who could be the mysterious hacker in a rodent mask? Oh wait, it's the DJ at Chicago's most famous nightclub who wears the same mask when performing and who drives around in a car with the mask symbol flashing in the back window.

I love that whole subplot, it's beyond ridiculous. You walk into the club and he's literally centre-stage right in front of you, but Aiden's like "he could be anyone, I'd better hack a camera or something".

dr cum patrol esq
Sep 3, 2003

A C A B

:350:

Tempo 119 posted:

I love that whole subplot, it's beyond ridiculous. You walk into the club and he's literally centre-stage right in front of you, but Aiden's like "he could be anyone, I'd better hack a camera or something".

And he had more gunman at his disposal than the police, blume, and the gangs combined.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

poptart_fairy posted:

Got this game on the cheap, having a blast with it. Put it on 'realistic' difficulty and I'm playing as Creepy Hobo Stalker: The Game. Current highlights are luring a bunch of other players down a side road then locking them in with a hack, and whittling down an entire convoy with road blocks and traffic pile-ups until only the main target was left. MURDER AVERTED. :downs:

I remember that side mission. The first three times they would sort of stop at the turn to that alley, freak out, and start crashing into eachother so I failed due to their killing themselves. One of the times they were screaming about how they were trapped. In the middle of the street.

So I just went back to using IEDs (it's fine as long as you blow up everyone BUT the targets :downs:) instead of trying to be clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Tempo 119 posted:

I loved that part because he is also hacking your phone while DJ'ing so he's constantly making fun of you while you're trying to find him, some of them are pretty valid too!

• Locked thread