Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

If you're interested in the metagame, and want to hear some nerds talk about it for an hour, this week's 2 Turns Ahead podcast is pretty good.

http://hextcgpro.com/2-turns-ahead-ep-19-patchwork-constructions/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
I just sent an e-mail to the address in the latest update to see if we can get some beta keys to hand out in this thread. More news after our rejection/success!

EDIT: Awesome news guys! We very quickly got 30 beta codes! So, if you see goons posting about wanting to get in, PM me and I'll hook them up!

If some of our streamers would like a couple, you can also feel free to PM me for a few to give out.

EDIT 2: If you are streaming Hex with some regularity, either post a link to your channel or PM me if you'd like to be added to the OP. I'll throw you at the top of the page. I'm also retooling a new OP for open beta, so I'll be sure to put you there too.

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jul 12, 2014

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
Well that draft was ridiculous. Drafted RD after first-picking a King Gabriel and proceeded to play against 3 consecutive Red decks (the first two of which were both RB, even; the last was Fahrny, so admittedly more like a Robots midrange deck than a Red Deck, but still). I almost won the last game off of two loving mana--got my opponent down to 3 life with a pair of Ruby Pyromancers and a Savage Raider, plus a Blaze Elemental--but my opponent hit 6 shards before I hit my 3rd, and by then the Ruby Lances I couldn't clear the way with before weren't enough to handle his stream of fat robots. But I also goofed pretty hard in the second game, between forgetting to change shards on my troops from Intimidate to Swiftstrike and some other thing I can't remember. At least I got to play Gabriel, though.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Jul 12, 2014

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Saturday afternoon streaming! Currently in round two with a dwarf deck after beating Totalizator in what could only be described as 'two grandmas hitting each other with handbags'

https://www.twitch.tv/lightreaper

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Cooked up what I think is a pretty neat Blood/Sapphire control deck to take into the noon 128 man tournament. I don't have quite all the cards I want for it (need another Xentoth's Inquisitor, 2 more Vampire Kings, and 2 more Cosmic Transmogrifiers for the sideboard) but it has all the answers for the Blood/Diamond control deck and (I hope) enough answers for the Ruby/Sapphire aggro deck as well. The crux is, as usual, synergy.

I have 4 Time Ripples and 4 Buccaneers to bounce problematic cards to their hand; 3 Inquisitions, 3 Corpse Flies, and 3 Countermagics, and 2 Vampire Kings to deal with those cards when they're in the hand or being recast; 4 Mirror Knights to refill my hand after an Extinction; 3 Xentoth's Inquisitors (which combo insanely well with Mirror Knights) to nerf problematic creatures repeatedly; 4 Murders as spot removal; 2 Extinctions (with 2 more in the board) and 2 Transmogrifiers as board wipes; and 2 Prophets of Lodegan as finishers.

Time Ripples and Buccaneers put a hurting on early Angels of Dawn, Time Ripples can bounce Soul Armaments as a combat trick or to get Murder through, Transmog kills Soul Armaments and Soul Cavalries dead, and as mentioned Mirror Knights make Extinction a much less lucrative prospect for the opponent. Against the aggro deck I'm relying on early tempo plays plus Counterspell and Inquisition to keep Gore Feasts and Gralks from being played until I can get out the Extinctions, Vamp Kings, and Xentoth's Inquisitors.

It loses out on Angels of Dawn, Soul Marbles, and Solitary Confinements compared to the B/D deck, but is much better able to deal with an opposing B/D deck and just as viable against the aggro matchup, I think. Soul Cavalry is the biggest problem the deck has, IMO, but this deck still has more total counters to it than B/D does (2 Extinction 2 Transmog vs 4 Extinction; 3 Inquisition, 3 Counterspell vs possibly 4 Inquisition).

Zurai fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Jul 12, 2014

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
What about playing your own Gralks?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I did think about it. We'll see how this tournament goes, I can add them in for the 8PM one if I feel they'd make better matchups.

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

I luv me some pirate booty, and I'm not talkin' about the gold!
Fun Shoe

Karnegal posted:

I just sent an e-mail to the address in the latest update to see if we can get some beta keys to hand out in this thread. More news after our rejection/success!

EDIT: Awesome news guys! We very quickly got 30 beta codes! So, if you see goons posting about wanting to get in, PM me and I'll hook them up!

If some of our streamers would like a couple, you can also feel free to PM me for a few to give out.

I'd like to get one of the keys if possible.

Also, I just found out about this today due to the MTG DOTP thread. Are things like the "slacker backer" discontinued?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

I believe Slacker Backer isn't available any more. Once trading and the guilds/guild bank features are in you should be able to get a complete playset of set 1 commons and uncommons from other goons just by asking, though.

Noon tournament report:

Match 1 was vs a Sliver of the Immortal Spear deck. I'm sad to report I actually lost game 2 to a Spear to the face, but in my defense I was stuck on 2 resources for like 5 turns and still managed to never discard a card.

Match 2 vs Ruby/Blood Kranok aggro. Game 1 I just overwhelmed him with control. Game 2 he was stuck on 2 mana and I had 2 Vampire Kings out, wasn't much he could do.

Match 3 vs Mono-Blood Gozzog control. He was on the Incantation of Fear/Maddening Nightmare plan with Blood Aura'd Droo's Unstoppable Walker as a backup plan (or vice versa, hard to tell). Game 1 wasn't too remarkable, I managed to bounce and kill most of his stuff while keeping enough of mine alive to win. Game 2 was an incredibly long drawn-out slog; he killed the first 10 or 12 creatures I played, and I kept his board clear as well. He got close to decking me with Relentless Corruption but my Xentoth's Inquisitors came through in the end. I had one that was up to 14 casting cost and another at 8 or 10.

Match 4 vs Gorestorm. Lost game 1 purely through lack of a second blood shard. I had 5 cards in hand with double blood threshold, all of which were great against his board and hand (two Inquisitions, Vamp King, Corpse Fly, Inquisitor). Game 2 I should have won easily after siding in and playing Sorrows and Zombie Plagues, but I replayed a Xentoth's Inquisitor after Sorrowing, which of course immediately died because it was 2/0, and left me without the mana to Time Ripple his Blaze Elemental-Gore Feast-Gore Feast combo to kill me. In my defense, I didn't know double Feast gave 3 attack steps; I'm too used to similar effects in Magic specifically stating that you get a "second" combat phase.

Conclusion: Deck is very solid. It beat strong control and played very well against Gorestorm. I think with some tweaks it could be a top-tier deck. Tweaks I'm considering:

Dropping the Prophets of Lodegan to sideboard at the very least; I sided them out every match and didn't play them once.
Really needs another Xentoth's Inquisitor. They're so, so hard to deal with and with Mirror Knight they're insane card advantage.
I think Relentless Corruption would be fairly good in the deck. Not sure what I'd drop for them aside from the Prophets, though.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 12, 2014

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Which champion are you using for that deck? Zared?

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yes, Zared, sorry. I think he's the only one that makes sense for the deck, although I suppose you could make an argument for Feathering the Xentoth's Inquisitors.

Here's the complete decklist for the record:

Champion: Zared Venomscorn

8 Sapphire Shard
12 Blood Shard
4 Shards of Fate

4 Cerulean Mirror Knight
4 Buccaneer
3 Xentoth's Inquisitor (-3 power gem)
3 Giant Corpse Fly
2 Vampire King
2 Prophet of Lodegan
1 Sadistic Castigator
1 Urunaaz

4 Time Ripple
3 Countermagic
4 Murder
3 Inquisition
2 Extinction

2 Cosmic Transmogrifier

Sideboard:

4 Sorrow
3 Sapper's Charge
2 Zombie Plague
2 Extinction
1 Inquisition
1 Giant Corpse Fly
1 Chaos Key
1 Countermagic

EDIT: Tweaks made to the deck for the 4PM tournament reflected above. Just replaced the Prophets for an Urunaaz and a Sadistic Castigator since I was short on time. Probably should also change the resources to 7 sapphire 13 blood since both are triple blood threshold and I dropped two double sapphire cards.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Jul 12, 2014

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
Finally went 4-0 in my third constructed tournament. Did they say how long they are going to be doing this for? So far I've gotten 22 packs :D

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Just went 2-2 after neglecting to build a sideboard.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I've won one set of games in the past 2 tournaments. I think SD Human aggro has possibilities, but man, it's getting rough out there.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Drafting again, this time with an aggressive aggro deck

http://www.twitch.tv/lightreaper

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
My major takeaway from all these Constructed reports is that even if there are nominally a number of different strategies, Hex constructed is pretty inbred at the moment what with having only one set to choose from. It's still an interesting academic exercise to read about, but I'm just going to accept that it will take a few sets for them to really make PvP constructed into something that I'll enjoy. And I'm fine with that.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I feel like I'm noticing mana screw/flood a lot more in constructed than I did in limited, not sure why. Regardless, lately I seem to be going:

Lose Match 1 (one of these bugged out, 1 my deck was bad, 1 combination of mana flood/screw 13 shards G1 and never drawing a shard G3 => meh)
Win Match 2/3
Lose Match 4
Then have a sad face

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

CaptainGimpy posted:

I'd like to get one of the keys if possible.

Also, I just found out about this today due to the MTG DOTP thread. Are things like the "slacker backer" discontinued?

Sent you a code via PM. Remember to ask in thread if you get stuck.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Went 3-1 in the 4PM tournament as well, again my loss was to a Gore Feast deck (although this time it wasn't R/S Gorestorm, instead it was a mono-R aggro burn deck), and again it was because I underestimated the damage Gore Feast does. That's quite a card.

EDIT: Did manage to beat a Soul Marble deck but it was due to time, not necessarily the deck's virtues. The guy's internet was crapping out on him and every turn took him like a minute and a half.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jul 13, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I've just been dropping as soon as I lose a round because who has the time for that poo poo + it's not like it cost anything to enter

I'll be trying a stupid Robot deck in the next one; inspired by Transmogrifier I was like "well Eurig / Slaughtergear can turn a 1 cost Worker Bot into a 5 cost War Hulk, and Cerulean Grand Strategist can inspire 1 cost troops... something something Mimic?"

edit: also yea loving Gore Feast is great - my mind always kind of blanks out when I try to think about how much damage an unblocked creature will do so I had to write down on a little bit of paper "3+(2*attack)" which is pathetic but there you go

Grim fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 13, 2014

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Grim posted:

Yea, I've just been dropping as soon as I lose a round because who has the time for that poo poo + it's not like it cost anything to enter

I'm be trying a stupid Robot deck in the next one; inspired by Transmogrifier I was like "well Eurig / Slaughtergear can turn a 1 cost Worker Bot into a 5 cost War Hulk, and Cerulean Grand Strategist can inspire 1 cost troops... something something Mimic?"

My 4th match in this last tournament was against a guy who was 3-0 with a robots deck, so it should at least be possible to get some packs out of it. His deck was pretty standard robots, though, no fancy tricks just Slaughtergear, War Hulks, Pterobots, Volcannons, etc.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I'm really enjoying playing R/b Orcs in these constructed tournaments, but it has one major downside - long waits between rounds :)

went 3-1 in one earlier today, losing only to a monoblood that brought in a million cards against me - After boarding, he was running darkspire priestesses, corpse flies, sorrow, and kept sticking extinction at 4, xentoth's inquisitor at 5 :(

I have yet to godhand anyone with 2power, 2power+2power, throatcutter, but I have gone savage raider into arena brawler into throatcutter which feels good.

E: The definition of bad beats is hitting your opponent with Reginald Lancashire and having them flip a loving Angel of Dawn into play to win the game for them.
E2: Gore Feast takes game 3 for me thankfully. Running these in the board against control - not sure if they should be main or not. I run Zoltogs in the main as my 4 drop, the thinking being that against that isn't extinction/sorrow based control, he generates much more threat off an attack - he forces trades in a critter mirror and any that get through generate new threats. However, against an empty board, Gore Feast just threatens so much more damage - in my deck with 2 bodies on the ground it threatens a minimum of 10 extra damage that turn (all my guys are at least 2 power, so the gore storm is adding 6 through rage and 4 through their second attack), which puts my opponent in a position where they either have to be very active in keeping my board clean (and therefore not developing their own) or else I can just straight kill them.
E3: my 3-0 opponent in the finals is running mono-wild ramp with the 8/8 squirrel titan champ.
E4: he was running the 2 cost draw a card bunnies, wild growths, Charge of rhinos, Survival of the Fittest, the 2/2 that gives +2/+2 whenever you play a resource, chlorophylls, wild braves, and fist of briggadan. However in game 1 I curved with throatcutter and he didn't, and in game 2 I think I wound up making about 8 savage raiders off zoltog.

The Zoltog/Fang of the Mountain interact is really powerful.

Sigma-X fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Jul 13, 2014

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Zurai posted:

Yes, Zared, sorry. I think he's the only one that makes sense for the deck, although I suppose you could make an argument for Feathering the Xentoth's Inquisitors.

Here's the complete decklist for the record:

I mostly copied that deck and just went 3-1 in a tournament.

3 of the 4 rounds were against Gorefeast decks (I won 2, lost 1), the second round was against a Ruby/Blood deck that was full of "when this deals damage to an opponent, do something" effects, but the Inquisitors made short work of that.

Cosmic Transmogrifier is really fun when it creates Genesis Hydra and Mancubus for you, while giving your opponent useless artifacts and a Royal Falconer without falcons.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Tamba posted:

I mostly copied that deck and just went 3-1 in a tournament.

3 of the 4 rounds were against Gorefeast decks (I won 2, lost 1), the second round was against a Ruby/Blood deck that was full of "when this deals damage to an opponent, do something" effects, but the Inquisitors made short work of that.

Cosmic Transmogrifier is really fun when it creates Genesis Hydra and Mancubus for you, while giving your opponent useless artifacts and a Royal Falconer without falcons.

Glad to hear it not only worked for you, but worked against Gore Feast! That's the only card I've lost matches to so far.

And yes, Cosmog is an incredibly fun card and is almost always going to work in your favor, I've found. I did have one game where it transformed a Volcannon into a Volcannon and so didn't actually do the one thing I needed it to do, but that's random chance for you.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

I'm in another tournament with that deck, currently 2-1, waiting for the final round.
The first two wins were against Gorefeast decks, so the deck definitely works there if you don't get screwed with the draws (I lost one game on turn 4)
The game I lost was against the Soul Marble/Angel deck.

I think I'll put some Life Siphons into the sideboard to help with those slow games. Being able to deal just a bit of direct damage can end games (especially if they use Pact of Pain to draw a ton of cards).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, that's probably a good board-in. I made the original board under some pretty hefty time pressure and didn't really get the chance to think it through.

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

Won the last match, another Gorefeast deck. But it seems like there are 2 variations.
One is Ruby/Blood with Orcs, the other is Ruby/Sapphire with Royal Falconers and Gralks.

The highlight of that last match:

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Tamba posted:

Won the last match, another Gorefeast deck. But it seems like there are 2 variations.
One is Ruby/Blood with Orcs, the other is Ruby/Sapphire with Royal Falconers and Gralks.

There's also mono-Ruby with 4x Burn, 4x Burn to the Ground, (probably 4x Ragefire though I didn't see it), and 4x Emberspire Witches.

And yeah, Zombie Plague is great against the Gore Feast decks if they don't kill you on the turn after you play it. I love that there's a viable competitive deck that uses both Cosmog and Zombie Plague :) (even if the Plagues are in the board).

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Sigma-X posted:

I'm really enjoying playing R/b Orcs in these constructed tournaments, but it has one major downside - long waits between rounds :)

Any chance of a list? I was thinking of giving orcs a try.

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

Fun Shoe
Thanks for the code!

This is pretty fun. One thing I found out the hard way after doing a draft was the Champion cost is color specific. I was trying to factor that into my deck that had 0 fliers. Promptly got smashed in the face by multiple fliers.

There are still some bugs with certain card interactions, and the auction house interface had me thinking that I had lost 375P because it doesn't show all of your bids in one place.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

CaptainGimpy posted:

Thanks for the code!

This is pretty fun. One thing I found out the hard way after doing a draft was the Champion cost is color specific. I was trying to factor that into my deck that had 0 fliers. Promptly got smashed in the face by multiple fliers.

There are still some bugs with certain card interactions, and the auction house interface had me thinking that I had lost 375P because it doesn't show all of your bids in one place.

What interactions are you seeing as bugs? There are some actual bugs, but there are some things that are non-intuitive coming from MTG

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude

Karnegal posted:

What interactions are you seeing as bugs? There are some actual bugs, but there are some things that are non-intuitive coming from MTG

Yeah, I was going to say that almost all the card interactions are fixed.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

HotBobaloo posted:

Any chance of a list? I was thinking of giving orcs a try.

I keep evolving it, but this is the current list that I have. The Shards need to be adjusted as I removed Ragefires. This deck is 3-1 and 4-0 in 128mans. An earlier version of this deck went 3-0 in an 8man and then 0-2 in an 128man, but I am blaming that on a combination of bad luck (in my final 4 games after taking game 1, I saw 7 creatures that I could play across all 4 games and had mulls to 5-6 on each game) and it being 5am after I had been awake for 24 hours including a full work day and an Offspring concert.

Champion: Gozzog ({B} 2: deal one damage to target champ and gain one life)

4 Fang of the Mountain God
4 Savage Raider
4 Arena Brawler
4 Darkspire Priestess
4 Furious Taskmaster
4 Throatcutter
4 Reginald Lancashire
3 Zoltog

4 Burn
2 Murder

10 Blood Shards (should be 11)
13 Ruby Shards (should be 12)

Reserves

3 Inferno
3 Heat Wave
2 Murder
2 Imp Hoodlums
2 Vampire King
1 Zoltog
2 Gore Feast

Changes I want to make:

Need to adjust the shards obviously. I feel like I would benefit from one more shard but I don't know what I'd remove. Probably one of the orcs from the taskmaster slot.

Fang of the Mountain and Savage Raider are the cards that make this deck work. They're just efficient as hell. They're frequently just 6-10 points of damage off a single card and a single resource.

Arena Brawler and Darkspire Priestess are tricky. You would think that if you're playing around Extinction, you should be drop Priestess turn 2 rather than Brawler. Don't. Drop the brawler instead. the extra 2 damage you get off the brawler is important, because he SUCKS any turn after turn 2. In comparison, there is never a time you will ever feel bad about Priestess. You will always trade it with a card and either burn them and get value or find a replacement. This effect only gets better later in the game, whereas a vanilla 3/1 only gets worse.

The Taskmasters are either good or bad. Frequently they're just bears, or speedy bears, and a 2/2 for 2 or a 2/2 speed for 3 are underwhelming. However, they make it easy for late 1 drops to show up and be useful. 2 toughness is very legit, there are so many 1 power creatures or sorrow that make you sad, so 2 toughness is very nice. I'm considering putting in raging Shamed Gladiators instead. The life loss will also give me more guys with Zoltog, without bleeding me out the way Claw of the Mountain does.

Reginald is so good. He fills up your hand with more gas, and your opponent draws 1 useful card (since they're going to die next turn or the turn after) to your 3 useful cards. plus he typically draws more hate than he deserves. I have never won the game off a flip. I bitched earlier that I had an opponent flip an angel off him, which is highly improbably but happens. I'll still play him. He comes out in the aggro mirror for Vampire Kings and Zoltog and Murder (a taskmaster also comes out for the 4th murder)

Throatcutter is the second half of making this deck great. It is very easy to go 1 drop, 2 drop, throatcutter. When this happens, your opponent is at 10-11 life on turn 3 (including the Gozzog ping) with you threatening lethal next turn, and with your whole turn 4 able to spend on removal.

Zoltog is absolutely amazing and lets you make even/uneven trades all day because so long as you get some guys through they're just going to get buried. He's also a very potent threat after an Extinction, being a 4/4 that threatens to fill out your board.

Reserves:

Inferno - I've brought this in in an earlier version of the deck once against a control deck and it won me the game (in conjunction with other cards). So would a 5th ragefire or a burn to the ground/life siphon, however. I need to replace this with a good card.

Heat Wave - a holdover from when I figured a reasonable aggro mirror plan was to become the control deck since I had 4 murder in the board, 8 burn spells in the main. This is wrong and needs to be replaced.

Vampire King - he's another big body against control and obviously wins creature mirrors. He comes in a lot, but he is either replacing Burn (against control) or he's replacing Reggie (against aggro)

Murder - replaces Burn against control, comes in against non-sorrow decks replacing Taskmaster

Imp Hoodlums - I haven't killed an artifact yet, but I've been glad to draw these because if my opponent's robot deck wasn't whiffing I woudl have needed them. Replaces Murder.

1 Zoltog - another single threat against control. Replaces a Reggie

2 Gore Feast - against Extinction-based control that is trying to get 2 cards for their 1, this comes in. If they have overwhelming bullshit this doesn't come in, but so long as they don' have more single point removal than you have creatures, this is amazing. 2 creatures on the board is a minimum of 10 damage off this card. Not sure exactly what it comes in for, has been Reggie.

We are running Gozzog as our champion because there are 3 aggro champs that we can play:

Poca (Elemental Maker) - she does 3 damage once per game. It can be blocked. Gozzog does 2-3 damage per game that cannot be blocked. Winner, Gozzog
Lionel (+3/0 to a critter) - all our bad creatures are bad and will get blocked, meaning this 3 damage never goes through. All of our good creatures are already good, meaning this is putting all our eggs in one basket and they'll get killed by removal. Net result: 0 damage. Gozzog does 2-3 damage per game that cannot be blocked. Winner, Gozzog

Other champs:
Krannok (pay 2 life, draw a card) - a card on turn 4 or later is not very useful, because we don't get to 4 resources on turn 4, and on average a card we draw that late in the game is only going to do 2-3 damage before the game is over
Bun'jitsu (sac 2 dudes to make a big abomination) - this guy is terrible
Tetzoc (make a rock elemental) - this elemental is going to be 4/4 and show up on turn 8. Moderately appealing against control where another large creature in the late game can threaten to hit for 4 damage...which is how much Gozzog will hit for in a late game agaisnt control.
Zared Venomscorn (-1/-1 to a creature). This will remove a creature on turn 4 allowing one of our guys to hit for 2-4 damage. Which Gozzog does.

Other things Gozzog does: gain 2-3 life against the aggro mirror, throw opponents off because nobody thinks he's an orc deck until they see an orc (have had opponents comment on this, which indicates that the general playerbase is terrible)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Sigma-X posted:

We are running Gozzog as our champion because there are 3 aggro champs that we can play:

Poca (Elemental Maker) - she does 3 damage once per game. It can be blocked. Gozzog does 2-3 damage per game that cannot be blocked. Winner, Gozzog

Counterpoint: Gore Feast.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Zurai posted:

Counterpoint: Gore Feast.

If I was running it in the main or if I had inspire she would be much more valuable. As it stands now with 23 shards I do not hit 4 charges or double ruby consistently on turn 4 though. Meanwhile the throatcutter curve does a minimum of 2 6 11 so a single burn from Gozzog locks up a game by turn 4.

HotBobaloo
Jun 19, 2002

Thanks for this, I'm going to give it a try.

captaingimpy
Aug 3, 2004

Fun Shoe

Karnegal posted:

Veteran Gladiator. After selecting who doesn't block, and I select another card for attacking, I don't automatically get the prompt to move to the next phase.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

CaptainGimpy posted:

Veteran Gladiator. After selecting who doesn't block, and I select another card for attacking, I don't automatically get the prompt to move to the next phase.

Press spacebar if the pass priority button doesn't appear. Also make sure that your opponent's clock isn't ticking down.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
If you don't have a stop on your attackers phase the button doesn't show up. The on-attack trigger might be hiding it too.

Also, there is a prompt that comes up durign damage resolution, don't press space during that because it will skip your second main.

If you don't have stops set on your opponent's attackers or blockers phase, you won't be able to cast spells during those phases.

Sometimes the attackers Ui doesn't highlight valid attackers. If a shard is drawn in your second main phase it won't highlight as an eligible play even if it is.

I think those are all the UI bugs I've encountered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Sigma-X posted:

Also, there is a prompt that comes up durign damage resolution, don't press space during that because it will skip your second main.

To be clear, when I reported this one, the response was this is not a bug, it's working as intended and they were sorry for any frustration I experienced.

• Locked thread