Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

wootah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
You’re Demon Hunting in… Stilettos?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

U just quote the whole thing, its one big tree full of low-hanging fruit

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i tried to find the funniest block of sessions, and decided on that one

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
gently caress yeah, Tumblr bounce house.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
also i'd've gone with

or

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

this one

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

reposting for new page because holy poo poo i'm dying

someone on tumblr posted:

So the Dashcon story thus far is this, according to on-site witnesses:

A bunch of Tumblr kiddies all got rooms in the same pre-booked hotel, which the Dashcon staff supposedly had a verbal agreement with the staff of to pay them after the con, but the hotel contract said before. Thus, the Dashcon attendees and other various Tumblr sundries scraped seventeen thousand dollars together in like an hour (without any verification of whether or not the Dashcon staff actually needed the money or whether they were just scamming a bunch of kids), donated it to the hotel’s PayPal (which confused the gently caress out of the hotel staff), and are currently protesting in the hotel’s lobby by singing Les Miserables songs to a bunch of underpaid and exhausted hotel employees with no control over the situation.

Leave it to Tumblr users to conduct the single most embarrassing fan convention in world history

anchoress
Dec 24, 2011

by XyloJW
tumblr kids are having their parents call the hotel management to complain

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

- con staff trying to push more expensive tickets onto people that apparently came with a Steam Powered Giraffe show ticket (which is apparently not happening)
- vendor hall mostly empty for some undisclosed reason
- Welcome To Night Vale ditched the con and cancelled their panel and performance when DashCon would not pay them. attendees sat in the room for an hour before they got an explanation
- people paid RESERVE SEATS months in advance for the WTNV panel
- Con staff insisting they had people in the thousands attending and present at the venue, when real numbers were closer to 500
- Panels and events were not planned at all, with hotel mints being given out as prizes
- Games room had just a single TV in it and some tables
- there was a BDSM panel and DashCon could get sued for allowing minors into it, along with other +18 panels where they did the same
- some people started to sing Let It Go and were verbally assulted
- DashCon now blaming the bank for not being able to pay WTNV
- people are demanding partial or full refunds (and they will not likely see any of it due to the con not actually having any money)
- it has already spread around that DashCon was likely a scam
- last night they ran an emergency #SaveDashCon thing and raised like 17,000 bucks
- nobody knows where it went
- most of their contracts were verbal only
- rumors of the venue now threatening to shut the whole thing down

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
man this can't be real

Book to Movie Adaptations - Ever read a book and then went to see the movie adaptation and almost ripped your hair out? Ever seen a movie and then bought the book and read it and almost ripped your hair out? We know the feels. Talk about those feels here with other feelsy people, discuss how angry certain adaptations made you feel, admire those you thought were well done. Talk about ALL the books and movies!

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Agents of SHIELD: Level 1 - Become an agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. Random convention goers, or those who sign up, will be trained as a new recruit to be a part of S.H.I.E.L.D through LARP-style training.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/alyssa_ebooks/status/488050585447718912

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
did the ball pit / bounce house ever happen, though?

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii

sector_corrector posted:

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

Yes, but due to time restrictions they had to combine it with the BDSM panel.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

slowdave posted:

- con staff trying to push more expensive tickets onto people that apparently came with a Steam Powered Giraffe show ticket (which is apparently not happening)

I hope Kurt Bonguhit still had a good time.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I've got to say that this hosed-up or possibly larcenous organization is some win.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

slowdave posted:

- Welcome To Night Vale ditched the con and cancelled their panel and performance when DashCon would not pay them. attendees sat in the room for an hour before they got an explanation

This is Not a Night Vale Panel. Do Not Attend This Panel. - The makers of Welcome to Night Vale will not be answering your questions. They will not attend this panel. Stare. Stare at the blank wall.

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Dash Con was able to steal thousands of dollars from children by claiming to know dem feels

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

hahah

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I'm glad

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

man this can't be real

slowdave posted:

- it has already spread around that DashCon was likely a scam
- last night they ran an emergency #SaveDashCon thing and raised like 17,000 bucks
- nobody knows where it went
- most of their contracts were verbal only

looks like it isnt real after all

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Carnies v. Tumblrkin, obviously the carnies will come out on top

Darley-Wilkinson
Jun 19, 2007

uuuuiiii
Dash Con: First 10 minutes of Up. Futurama dog. We know those feels, haha. "Them feels." Frozen Song, Adventuretime genderswap, ahhhh the feels. The ragtag sprawl of the View Askewniverse? So awe, much feels. Need to talk with some feelsy folk? Looks like Dash Con is a Thing. Genreshaming? Kinkshaming? Gendering the hero? Uhh, "Can u not." Whedon Feminist? [visibly squinting at teleprompter] Doctor Who? Neil Gaiman Whedon, and Whedon Google and Whedon GIF. Fandom envy. A battered, bleeding Homestuck troll looks defiantly toward a burning horizon. Empowerment in Kill la Kill. Dark Whedon. Chubby flustered Zangoose tugs at tight one-piece swimsuit

Child: I need to give you seventeen thousand dollars.

sum
Nov 15, 2010

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

Dash Con: First 10 minutes of Up. Futurama dog. We know those feels, haha. "Them feels." Frozen Song, Adventuretime genderswap, ahhhh the feels. The ragtag sprawl of the View Askewniverse? So awe, much feels. Need to talk with some feelsy folk? Looks like Dash Con is a Thing. Genreshaming? Kinkshaming? Gendering the hero? Uhh, "Can u not." Whedon Feminist? [visibly squinting at teleprompter] Doctor Who? Neil Gaiman Whedon, and Whedon Google and Whedon GIF. Fandom envy. A battered, bleeding Homestuck troll looks defiantly toward a burning horizon. Empowerment in Kill la Kill. Dark Whedon. Chubby flustered Zangoose tugs at tight one-piece swimsuit

Solidus
Nov 1, 2005

ε===(っ≧ω≦)っ♡

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Ahhhhhhhh 🙀

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

JohnnyC
Jun 8, 2008

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

thebandbeforetime
May 26, 2010

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKlWcxmQlqs

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

rude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Darley-Wilkinson posted:

• Locked thread