Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So I happened to watch the pilot of Extant, and it's basically Defying Gravity 2.0:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcmB-BoY1j0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Why is HBO GO's UI so, so, so bad?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Abel Wingnut posted:

Why is HBO GO's UI so, so, so bad?
Please don't waste our bandwidth while using your friend's login.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ravane posted:

I don't mean to be pedantic, but the first line is not a list since it doesn't actually list any people. So the first list would actually be "List of posters who have raped children:"

But hey, if you wish to be added to that list, more power to you. Rape is, after all, about power.

yeah man.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Josh Lyman posted:

Please don't waste our bandwidth while using your friend's login.

Shhh, don't tell them!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
None of the major streaming places has a very good UI. Granted I usually use a 360 and Microsoft tends to get the worst of it for whatever reason, but it's not much better elsewhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I had to restart Netflix on the PS4 today because for some reason when I first started it didn't give me any of my queue stuff.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There was a while where the Netflix app on the Playstation 3 would automatically start playing the last video you watched when you loaded it up. I have no idea how they gently caress up something like that.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I just got one of the new Vizio TV's and the Amazon app doesnt even recognize the keyboard on the TV remote while Netflix does :argh:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

AV Club says Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain sucks. FX was on a roll for a while but after Tyrant and this I'm not feeling good.

At least GDT directed some of the episodes.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Why would the worm bore through the eye instead of going under or around it?

Immersion ruined. :colbert:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

We're we expecting it not to suck? I thought the fact they started advertising it a month before it aired, had picked up when better networks passed on it and that the books are a lovely source meant we weren't excited about it? I guess Corey Stoll is awesome, but he's talent on House of Cards was being the bleeding heart you fell in love with, that hardly translates to me wanting to see him slay vampires or have a protracted custody battle.

Also, GDT couldn't make Pacific Rim look good on a blockbuster budget so...

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

AV Club says Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain sucks. FX was on a roll for a while but after Tyrant and this I'm not feeling good.

At least GDT directed some of the episodes.

Is that the Solar eclipse from Heroes on that guy's pupil? It was doomed from the beginning.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

PriorMarcus posted:

We're we expecting it not to suck? I thought the fact they started advertising it a month before it aired, had picked up when better networks passed on it and that the books are a lovely source meant we weren't excited about it? I guess Corey Stoll is awesome, but he's talent on House of Cards was being the bleeding heart you fell in love with, that hardly translates to me wanting to see him slay vampires or have a protracted custody battle.

Also, GDT couldn't make Pacific Rim look good on a blockbuster budget so...

I was expecting it to be good because Fargo and The Americans are great.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

I was expecting it to be good because Fargo and The Americans are great.

Oh, I learned not to view network as a mark of quality when AMC started shifting the bed and NBC made Hannibal. Network barely means poo poo these days quality wise.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Mostly I just wanted to post that picture

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Mostly I just wanted to post that picture

I hate living up to my reputation but I always thought the crappy Photoshop work stopped that image from being genuinely gross.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

Oh, I learned not to view network as a mark of quality when...NBC made Hannibal.

Correct

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

The main problem with Del Toro is he works only in visuals, so you get an amazing actor like Corey Stoll having to act in an awful looking wig because Del Toro is some immovable loving goon when it comes to that character having hair despite it meaning gently caress all.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

What the gently caress was the deal with the end of S2:Ep8 for Supernatural? The episode ends and then there's a bunch of clips of upcoming episodes.

CPFortest
Jun 2, 2009

Did you not pour me out like milk, and curdle me like cheese?

muscles like this? posted:

What the gently caress was the deal with the end of S2:Ep8 for Supernatural? The episode ends and then there's a bunch of clips of upcoming episodes.

That happens usually after the credits play, but in some cases they air right after the episode when you watch it on Netflix.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

You're not a bad man but eventually you're gonna have to accept that the problem is with you and not the vast, vast majority of posters here, you know that, right?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I've got to say, the Bridge continues its history of having the most graphic depictions of cunnilingus on basic cable in the premiere. Though when who is doing it is the brother of the guy who murdered your sister you wonder what's going through Sonya's head.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Bown posted:

You're not a bad man but eventually you're gonna have to accept that the problem is with you and not the vast, vast majority of posters here, you know that, right?

It's like that Seinfeld episode centered around The English Patient, except it's kind of depressing and history probably isn't going to prove Occ right.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

English Patient isn't that bad.

e: It reminds me of True Detective in that every single thing about it is designed to win awards.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 05:59 on Jul 13, 2014

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Bown posted:

I'm used to being in the minority of the correct posters, yes

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

English Patient isn't that bad.

e: It reminds me of True Detective in that every single thing about it is designed to win awards.

The English Patient isn't all that good either. None of the main characters are particularly likable nor relatable. So it's just good looking British nobles treating WW2 as a mild inconvenience for their ill-fated romances.

Although I will admit that I liked the French nurse/Sikh doctor scenes. They had good chemistry, and I would love to see a movie about their relationship, but instead they got relegated to the Z-plot of a plodding award bait movie.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

PriorMarcus posted:

The main problem with Del Toro is he works only in visuals

The main problem with Del Toro is that he's a giant child, forever more concerned with tickling his own fancy than reaching his potential. Amazing stuff the time or two he's focused but otherwise he's serenely floating down the river Burton.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

soapgish posted:

The main problem with Del Toro is that he's a giant child, forever more concerned with tickling his own fancy than reaching his potential. Amazing stuff the time or two he's focused but otherwise he's serenely floating down the river Burton.

Del Toro really is Tim Burton: Manchild Edition right now. I kind of wish he'd just stick to directing and/or special effects and let other people handle the stories, or at the very least maybe try making something that doesn't have Lovecraft monsters shoehorned into it.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Party Plane Jones posted:

I've got to say, the Bridge continues its history of having the most graphic depictions of cunnilingus on basic cable in the premiere. Though when who is doing it is the brother of the guy who murdered your sister you wonder what's going through Sonya's head.

I'm actually surprised there isn't a thread for season 2.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
John Malkovich as Blackbeard was the only thing that made people aware of the existence of Crossbones, so NBC is continuing that tradition by casting Christopher Walken to play Captain Hook for their Peter Pan telecast..

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

John Malkovich as Blackbeard was the only thing that made people aware of the existence of Crossbones, so NBC is continuing that tradition by casting Christopher Walken to play Captain Hook for their Peter Pan telecast..

That should be... interesting, at least.
What's Tim Curry doing these days? He did a pretty awesome voice for Captain Hook on that 90's Fox cartoon, and wasn't he also in Muppet Treasure Island?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Oh jeez, petah, petah pan, you are- you are no good! I must...I must kill you as I am Captain Hook and that is what captains...do. Oh gosh! What is that...what is that ticking? Is that the ticking of the crocodile that took my hand and ate my alarm clock? Yes, yes indeed it is the ticking of the crocodile- who took my hand and ate my alarm clock! Oh no! This...this is a dizastah!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

Oh jeez, petah, petah pan, you are- you are no good! I must...I must kill you as I am Captain Hook and that is what captains...do. Oh gosh! What is that...what is that ticking? Is that the ticking of the crocodile that took my hand and ate my alarm clock? Yes, yes indeed it is the ticking of the crocodile- who took my hand and ate my alarm clock! Oh no! This...this is a dizastah!

Haven't you been confined to the LMS thread again?

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

PriorMarcus posted:

Haven't you been confined to the LMS thread again?

Nope, suck it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

raditts posted:

That should be... interesting, at least.
What's Tim Curry doing these days? He did a pretty awesome voice for Captain Hook on that 90's Fox cartoon, and wasn't he also in Muppet Treasure Island?

Last I head Tim Curry is in really bad health.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Malkovich as Blackbeard was just an incredibly misguided casting decision. Walken as Hook is so profoundly weird that it may work out brilliantly. I kind of have to watch Peter Pan Live! now to see how this turns out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Walken is a song and dance man at heart. People forget that sometimes but he's got a lot of experience in that arena.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien
The finale of Utopia was great, but not at all depressing like some were saying. Looking forward to season 2. The soundtrack is really good, the music director should win an award.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
To be fair, I think Malkovich could've worked out ok if Crossbones wasn't such a badly-written show. He can be pretty menacing and knows how to chew scenery when he needs to. The show (at least in the first 4 episodes I watched) just has no idea what it wants to be/do.

• Locked thread