Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Know the Answer to That
Jan 26, 2005
I'm a caring potato.
Got a couple of classes to 30 to see what I'd like, the game seems pretty fun to play so far.

Just applied to the guild as Kohveras

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Liberatore posted:

I wanted to answer this earlier but forgot.

I personally believe it's not viable to do a pure punching build, especially in PvP. Expiation has several amazing attacks that are crucial to the Shaolin play style. Namely Staff Thrust, Typhoon, Tiger Stomp and Tiger Leap. Not all of them are necessary, mind you, but I can't imagine any Shaolin build that skips Expiation completely.

The other issue is how Arhat Fist is designed. It's mostly low cooldown attacks with weak secondary effects. A charge in Expiation knockdowns or roots, a charge in Arhat Fist just slows. Combined with the short (nothing likw Wu-Tang) animation in switching from staff to fist, most of these skills are probably not worth using in PvP. There's still some great PvP skills in the set, but not enough to make a staff-free custom set.

Arhat Fist is awesome in PvE, though. Low cooldown, powerful attacks, most of which come with a movement component (Shaolin has 8 charges!). It's insane how good my Shaolin is at botting with Arhat Fist; I do more damage than my Harmony or Splendor ever did (due to the aforementioned cooldowns) but have twice the defensive stats and a heal that restores a fourth of my health. You still want to use Typhoon and probably Tiger Stomp, but you will be mostly punching or kicking your way through mobs.

Shaolin have a ton of fun skills. Play this class.

This is what I'm going with right now, but the only skills there that I'd say are absolutely amazing are the heal in the first set, the staff vacuum in the second, and the Arhat Fist triple kick for mobility's sake. Everything else I'm kinda swapping in and out.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

KoldPT posted:

Shaolin have a ton of fun skills. Play this class.

This is what I'm going with right now, but the only skills there that I'd say are absolutely amazing are the heal in the first set, the staff vacuum in the second, and the Arhat Fist triple kick for mobility's sake. Everything else I'm kinda swapping in and out.

Shaolin can absolutely demolish bosses too with the stacks of damage over time abilities. Throw down the vaccume then fully charge the ripple and finish it up by going full jojo with multitude. Just a gently caress ton of damage if it's all ontop of a boss at once. It's a bit different in pvp since you can't always charge it up but I think arhat is viable just not as good as throwing some staff in as well.

I think the difference is that an arhat pvp set just plays radically different and is just all pressure all the time. A lot of classes have problems in the air but a lot of arhat fist works in the air or gets better like the drop.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress Zhou I say we either go with United or BloodofEvil or better yet make our own alliance with Blackjack and Hookers.

I got a list of reasons for this.

1. HunTTer is a member of Diety which is a member of Zhou Alliance. gently caress HunTTer.
2. Zhou's Guild leader is LemonKush and he is a shitlord. I even heard he sucks balls on this wall that I read.
3. There is a daily quest at level 55 to salute the #1 Guild Leader every day. Zhou is currently in the lead for this.
3a. I would rather salute Grithok's golden dick before I salute LemonKush.
4. Zhou is the current #1 Guild. You can't beat the Number One if you are allied with the Number One.
5. I heard that Zhou called you guys names and stuff and there were words about your mothers being fat.
6. Zhou said Whoopy wasn't that pretty.

See totally not Petty Bullshit. Completely Valid reasons.

Oh yeah and Haro is a butte and he totally is bros with them.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

THEY SAID WHAT ABOUT WHOOPY?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?

Drinkfist posted:

gently caress Zhou I say we either go with United or BloodofEvil or better yet make our own alliance with Blackjack and Hookers.

I got a list of reasons for this.

1. I don't like this guy
2. I have a tiny penis and an inferiority complex
3. Seriously I have an inferiority complex
3a. Like it's really bad
4. Like, let me tell you how bad it is
5. I'm mad they kill me over and over now too
6. Zhou said Whoopy wasn't that pretty.

See totally Petty Bullshit. Completely retarded reasons.

Oh yeah and I don't want Haro to be right.

Seems legit.

United and Brotherhood already hate us, as well as all their allies like Hokage, Allegiance, etc etc. We are not going to change that since that hate runs deep from Wushu and other poo poo. Zhou and their allies are the other big power block, and they primarily just hate you because you're being a cockbag. Sorry they hurt your feelings but you earned it. We are allied with BloodofEvil, and have been since the start.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jul 12, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ig2qZEiNv8

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Since you're apparently a loving idiot, let me spell it out.

We do not have the power to do what you want to do. BloodofEvil + Goons are not strong enough to go up against Zhou and friends AND United and friends AND every other little lovely guild on the server we're already pissing off. I'm not saying we suck everybody's dick. I'm saying we buddy up with Zhou and friends, and still murder the gently caress out of United and friends and every other little lovely guild. It seems the majority of the guild agrees with me, with a few people saying they think we should gently caress with Zhou because they think it's funny.

Bottom line is I honestly don't give a poo poo overall. I've explained the situation, and if the majority of Goons manage to piss off Zhou enough that we get our poo poo pushed in on a daily basis I've made enough friends that I don't personally need to worry about it. The only thing they're doing is hurting the guild as a whole in the long run. I'm right there with Grithok that if they start stealing all our artifacts and poo poo I'll be in line to hand them to them.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Haro should I make you a heman one?

Edit: I need to find a good quote somewhere, the junkyard one is pretty solid

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

BERGfu posted:

Haro should I make you a heman one?

Edit: I need to find a good quote somewhere, the junkyard one is pretty solid

Only if I get to be prince Adam with the gayest rainbow background you can find

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I found one with him winking.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

Since you're apparently a loving idiot, let me spell it out.

We do not have the power to do what you want to do. BloodofEvil + Goons are not strong enough to go up against Zhou and friends AND United and friends AND every other little lovely guild on the server we're already pissing off. I'm not saying we suck everybody's dick. I'm saying we buddy up with Zhou and friends, and still murder the gently caress out of United and friends and every other little lovely guild. It seems the majority of the guild agrees with me, with a few people saying they think we should gently caress with Zhou because they think it's funny.

Bottom line is I honestly don't give a poo poo overall. I've explained the situation, and if the majority of Goons manage to piss off Zhou enough that we get our poo poo pushed in on a daily basis I've made enough friends that I don't personally need to worry about it. The only thing they're doing is hurting the guild as a whole in the long run. I'm right there with Grithok that if they start stealing all our artifacts and poo poo I'll be in line to hand them to them.

At what point in time did I say we were gonna gently caress with United? When did United say that hated us? Hate is a strong word bro. Yo man I was talking to United yesterday and they agree that Haro is a butt. We became super butt bros.

Let me tally up all the wars declared on us so far. Including the fact that our first two wars was with United and Diety day 1. """The big scary monsters""".

Zero.

I am loving shaking in my child sized boots.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 12, 2014

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

***LITERALLY SHAKING***

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Drinkfist posted:

At what point in time did I say we were gonna gently caress with United? When did United say that hated us? Hate is a strong word bro. Yo man I was talking to United yesterday and they agree that Haro is a butt. We became super butt bros.

Let me tally up all the wars declared on us so far. Including the fact that our first two wars was with United and Diety day 1. """The big scary monsters""".

Zero.

I am loving shaking in my child sized boots.

United are the original members of VietUnited from Wushu is what I've been told. They loving hate Goons, and HAVE been killing our non-rednamed members in the field. Nobody's declaring wars right now because wars are pointlessly stupid. They're leveling up their members and pretty effectively out-leveling us by controlling the dungeons for XP grinding.

Fendahleen
May 21, 2003

WE KNOW THAT YOU CAN HEAR US, EARTH MEN
I made a disciple of toadvomit snakestyle called BeeStingLing, let me in your dumb guild for jerks so I can eventually quit in disgust over your petulant, childish bickering.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009
Found a nice chart of stat increases per point in the second image at http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-36237655-1-1.html

It might not be accurate for our version, but the shaolin numbers match, so a pretty good chance.

First row is colored text of strength, willpower, constitution, tenacity, reflex.
Second row is Exo attack, crit; Endo attack, crit; health, chi; Exo def, Endo def, healing; evasion, mitigation.
Leftmost column is classes, from top to bottom: Splendor, Sun/moon, Tong, Harmony, Shaolin (highlighted with red box outline), Wutang, Zephyr, Emei, 5Venoms, Infinity.

DarciisFyer fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jul 13, 2014

Bored Grunt
Nov 8, 2009

It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain
Application pending for Khells, a friend of mine. I'll vouch for him. He'll make a good sacrificial lamb.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Haro you can't keep saying you don't give a poo poo when you clearly do.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

Is LemonKush American? His English seems fine but he seems like a complete retard or someone who understands English as a 2nd or 3rd language.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

DarciisFyer posted:

Found a nice chart of stat increases per point in the second image at http://bbs.duowan.com/thread-36237655-1-1.html

It might not be accurate for our version, but the shaolin numbers match, so a pretty good chance.

First row is colored text of strength, willpower, constitution, tenacity, reflex.
Second row is Exo attack, crit; Endo attack, crit; health, chi; Exo def, Endo def, healing; evasion, mitigation.
Leftmost column is classes, from top to bottom: Infinity, Sun/moon, Tong, Harmony, Shaolin (highlighted with red box outline), Wutang, Zephyr, Emei, 5Venoms, Splendor.

I thought it was weird that Infinity scaled better from STR than WIL and Splendor the reverse. You got the two wrong; Splendor is the first (and holy poo poo that scaling) and Infinity the last.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Liberatore posted:

I thought it was weird that Infinity scaled better from STR than WIL and Splendor the reverse. You got the two wrong; Splendor is the first (and holy poo poo that scaling) and Infinity the last.

Oops, my bad. I'll edit it.

Anal Papist
Jun 2, 2011

War against zhoudynasty.

Anal Papist fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 13, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I loving love this poo poo.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Is that dude high up in dynasty or something, when I did my roar he talked to me for a bit too.

skystream92
Jul 1, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

Is that dude high up in dynasty or something, when I did my roar he talked to me for a bit too.

Isn't he the guild leader?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
He is and has never spoken to me about anything even when he came to our feasts.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Let this day never end.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

DarciisFyer posted:

One of the best piece of information i have seen so far. I respectfully submit that it is added to the opening post along with the instruction on how to use it.

Thank you for posting it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Third World Reggin posted:

He is and has never spoken to me about anything even when he came to our feasts.

To be honest it's generally normal for guys in your position to not be front and center poo poo talking. Maybe you'll poo poo talk in a refined forum post or something, but nobody expects you to be PMing every random dickhead talking smack about what is happening. That's what no name members like me are for, and for mid-level officers. It's expected I would roar "More like Dynasty of Unremitting Failure". What happens next is an equally no name member poo poo talks me.

It's weird for the guild leader to start poo poo talking me.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Game is fun. I'm ANiceGrandma to help lay more spider mines.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Boogaleeboo posted:

To be honest it's generally normal for guys in your position to not be front and center poo poo talking. Maybe you'll poo poo talk in a refined forum post or something, but nobody expects you to be PMing every random dickhead talking smack about what is happening. That's what no name members like me are for, and for mid-level officers. It's expected I would roar "More like Dynasty of Unremitting Failure". What happens next is an equally no name member poo poo talks me.

It's weird for the guild leader to start poo poo talking me.

I think it's more they just don't care what we think of them. I seriously doubt we will ever see a real alliance with them. So far the peace talks have been entirely one sided and for something as simple as pushing a button they sure are dragging it out. I know haro and grith keep saying its in response to alc or whatever latest incident but I'm not so sure there was ever anything but hostile intentions from the start.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

7c Nickel posted:

Game is fun. I'm ANiceGrandma to help lay more spider mines.

I rue the day you get your 3rd set.

More fun fight clubs tonight. Get in on the action people. There is always a bunch of us doing king of fighters shortly after guild events / late night bamboo.

You will learn something.
I learned Infinity's can counter counters. :golfclap:

angellinck
Jul 9, 2014
I enjoy the fight club, because we learn a little more of each class. So when I go against other people (not clan related) I retaliate, because I know their combos. So it's an easy fix :D

I guess my build isn't the only Shaolin OP Build(Still need that extra slot though)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjIzOTM0Nzg4.html

angellinck fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 13, 2014

AmiEsiM
Dec 6, 2013

Always be yourself, unless you can be Batman.
Applied to the Guild as Slapzilla

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

randombattle posted:

I think it's more they just don't care what we think of them. I seriously doubt we will ever see a real alliance with them. So far the peace talks have been entirely one sided and for something as simple as pushing a button they sure are dragging it out. I know haro and grith keep saying its in response to alc or whatever latest incident but I'm not so sure there was ever anything but hostile intentions from the start.

If their level 60 players are any sort of indicator, I honestly don't see what we have to worry about.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Also High Sea, Werkwerk got his furniture or parts of it since some of it was broken. You need to pay me back my 10 silver.

Insensative_Asshole
Dec 18, 2007

angellinck posted:

I enjoy the fight club, because we learn a little more of each class. So when I go against other people (not clan related) I retaliate, because I know their combos. So it's an easy fix :D

I guess my build isn't the only Shaolin OP Build(Still need that extra slot though)
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNjIzOTM0Nzg4.html

Can you point me toward a guide for shaolin? Downloading the game now and I want to read up a bit on what I should be aiming for build-wise as I level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
We own salt harbor. Our guild HQ is there.

You still enter the HQ the same way via cities.

We will have repeatable quests for unbound some time in the future.

EDIT: chat log, oh boy

http://i.imgur.com/S0fIP8Y.jpg

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 13, 2014

• Locked thread