Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Friday is so far away :(

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Wonder what Crunchyroll is gonna change his name to.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rikki

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Steely Phil.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Rubber Soul.

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

2 months later, I'm finally caught up. Read everything from part 4 to JoJolion, and now I get to wait and feel empty like everyone else.

steel ball run sure was something. Don't know if it was the monthly schedule and demographic change but it was such a departure: in art, tone, characterization, everything, that it was hard to believe it was by the same creator.

Tobaccrow
Jan 21, 2008

Don't smoke, kids... Unless you have to.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Pretzel Logic

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
Money's on Bodhisattva.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Apparently his name in the Viz translation was Rubber Soul, and Rubber Soul's name was Robber Soul :psyduck:

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Fullmetal Dan

fake edit: Lieutenant Dan

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Apparently his name in the Viz translation was Rubber Soul, and Rubber Soul's name was Robber Soul :psyduck:

Rubber Soul was never named in the manga, so it worked out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Rubber Soul has been named in the anime though thanks to eyecatches.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

Rubber Soul was never named in the manga, that name change for him is from the game dude.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
The Capcom game localized his name as "S. Terry Dan". I imagine Crunchyroll will end up combining two members' names.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

steamy dan.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Steamer Doul.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Beef Waifu posted:

Rubber Soul has been named in the anime though thanks to eyecatches.

Rubber Soul was never named in the manga, that name change for him is from the game dude.

Oh, ok. That makes more sense. I just checked the jojo wikia, which is evidently not the most accurate thing in the world.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I hope he gets renamed after Heart or one of their works, but I'm going with Charlemagne for now.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

MelvinBison posted:

Money's on Bodhisattva.

Deacon Blues

Can't use Aja, at least!

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Aluminum Dan

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Danny Boy.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Steery Dan

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Stealy Durst

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
Sealy Posturepedic

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Steely's Banned.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Daniel Steel.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
I finally convinced some friends to :getin: to Jojos after forcing them to watch the Phantom Blood part of the new anime and they went "Holy poo poo this is ridiculous and amazing why did we ignore you every time you said we should watch Jojos". Some of them like to collect anime models/figurines and want to know where to get the good Jojos poo poo.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Archenteron posted:

I finally convinced some friends to :getin: to Jojos after forcing them to watch the Phantom Blood part of the new anime and they went "Holy poo poo this is ridiculous and amazing why did we ignore you every time you said we should watch Jojos". Some of them like to collect anime models/figurines and want to know where to get the good Jojos poo poo.

I like to get my poo poo from AmiAmi, personally, they've got good deals on the really nice Super Action Jojo figs.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Speaking of getting people to watch JoJo I started showing my younger brother(he's 15) Phantom Blood today, and while the animation kinda weirded him out at first(he's not hugely into anime for the most part), he's been liking the story so far(just finished episode 4 and Jonathan beating Jack The Ripper was definitely a high point for him so far), it's always nice to introduce a loved one to something you care about :) :3:

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Just caught up to the most recent chapter of Jojolion, after binging on parts 6 and 7 in like a week and a half. I don't know what the general consensus is but I really liked both part 6 and part 7. I'll probably re-read parts 4 and 5 since I read them four years ago and I remember less than half of what happened. Jojolion is really interesting and I hope it continues to be about a weird town where weird things happen to weird people.

People just watching the Jojo anime have no clue how crazy Jojo becomes in later parts, when compared to parts 1-3, which makes me hope the anime continues forever and ever and we get to have anime Part 7.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

drrockso20 posted:

just finished episode 4 and Jonathan beating Jack The Ripper was definitely a high point for him so far
I think you mean "Jack of the Darkness".

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

Feminist Frequency is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign. Donate today!

Or, if you like, Jack the Knife.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Jumpin' Jack Flash.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Speaking of Phantom Blood, I only recently discovered that "Wang Chung" was a music reference too. I thought it was just an unfortunate stereotype like his design. :downs:

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Star Platinum posted:

Speaking of Phantom Blood, I only recently discovered that "Wang Chung" was a music reference too. I thought it was just an unfortunate stereotype like his design. :downs:

You mean... you've never taken a night to Wang Chung?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Star Platinum posted:

Had he survived, his Stand would have been Dance Hall Daze.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

A Meat posted:

Just caught up to the most recent chapter of Jojolion, after binging on parts 6 and 7 in like a week and a half. I don't know what the general consensus is but I really liked both part 6 and part 7. I'll probably re-read parts 4 and 5 since I read them four years ago and I remember less than half of what happened. Jojolion is really interesting and I hope it continues to be about a weird town where weird things happen to weird people.

People just watching the Jojo anime have no clue how crazy Jojo becomes in later parts, when compared to parts 1-3, which makes me hope the anime continues forever and ever and we get to have anime Part 7.

I think the general consensus is part 6 is cool, has some of the best stands, and a great JoJo, but the ending is divisive. Part 7 is pretty much just loved by all, though most people don't find Johnny memorable enough. I kinda disagree, I like Johnny a lot, but Gyro and Valentine are so amazing and colorful, it does kinda overshadow Johnny, who is a more understated kind of person.

I could see a Part 7 anime, really. David Production clearly loves JoJo with a passion, and seem to be seeing good financial success with it. Part 5 is hugely popular in Japan, so I can't see it not at least going up to there. But I do hope we get every part animated.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
There's going to be rioting in the streets if they don't animate part 4 immediately after part 3 ends. Hopefully when the time comes, we won't be left hanging for like a year with no information.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

drrockso20 posted:

Speaking of getting people to watch JoJo I started showing my younger brother(he's 15) Phantom Blood today, and while the animation kinda weirded him out at first(he's not hugely into anime for the most part), he's been liking the story so far(just finished episode 4 and Jonathan beating Jack The Ripper was definitely a high point for him so far), it's always nice to introduce a loved one to something you care about :) :3:
I can relate. I recently showed Stardust Crusaders to my nieces and they seemed to like it, though, like with the littlest Jojo fan, I had to be very careful to show them (which so far was the first ep, Avdol vs Polnareff, the Hol Horse/J. Geil eps and the latter half of the Wheel of Fortune). They started cackling with glee when Kakyoin pulled out that coin :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broniki
Sep 2, 2009

My favourite part is tied between 6 and 7. SBR really did a great job on character building and telling a story that was't just a string of boss fights, which I had grown tired of from stardust crusaders onwards. Really, you just have to compare it to Phantom Blood since a bunch of the SBR characters are direct PB paralells. But Stone Ocean was solid traditional JoJo, really bizarre with really great off-the-wall stands and fights. And I particularly liked Pucci for his proactiveness in the plot from an early stage. DIO, Kira and especially Diavolo suffered from not really doing much until the end, whereas Pucci was always there, getting involved and causing trouble.

Part 6 spoilers: Jolyne turning herself into a mobius strip is still the coolest thing I've seen in this manga.

Broniki fucked around with this message at 08:43 on Jul 17, 2014

• Locked thread