Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Bobnumerotres posted:

I really loved echoes. Even if the ing were generally boring to fight, that game had some kickass areas and art once you get out of the poo poo desert.

And the poo poo swamp. And the pretty bland overworld.

What I'm saying is that Sanctuary Fortress is one of the coolest environments that has ever been in a video game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Sanctuary Fortress is incredible but the rest of Echoes is trash

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
hunters was a fun multiplayer DS shooter
trace op

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
My gut feeling is Shulk on Monday, and in a perfect world they'll reveal Chrom alongside actual in-game footage of SMT x Fire Emblem during the next Nintendo Direct.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Supercar Gautier posted:

Clearly the upcoming trailer this Monday will be the most hype, because it'll use this music.

That and Guar Plain are the best two songs from a game I've never played.

I know, I know, I should. Maybe it will come to Virtual Console?

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!

TL;DR I loving suck at video games and don't care about getting better, and since I don't care, we should remove all rewarding gameplay from all games forever.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I will buy a Wii U and Smash 4 if Shulk is announced. :negative:

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

NTT posted:

I will buy a Wii U and Smash 4 if Shulk is announced. :negative:

They got me when they announced they had a Gamecube controller adapter. Like hell was I gonna play Smash with a wiimote or the classic controller.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Shadowlyger posted:

They got me when they announced they had a Gamecube controller adapter. Like hell was I gonna play Smash with a wiimote or the classic controller.

Next up is the N64 controller adapter.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Kelp Plankton posted:

I don't think Nintendo considers Ridley a big enough character

That's strange; I thought they believed the opposite.

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

IronicDongz posted:

hunters was a fun multiplayer DS shooter
trace op

Nah man, sylux op

drat health leech laser.

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

Hunters and echoes were really cool but everyone knows the best Metroid was AM2R

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TerminusEst13 posted:

Hunters and echoes were really cool but everyone knows the best Metroid was AM2R

Let's actually wait for that game to be finished before we start that argument.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

But I thought Metroid Prime pinball was the pinnacle of the series?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Pixeltendo posted:

But I thought Metroid Prime pinball was the pinnacle of the series?

It was, actually

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

mabels big day posted:

That's strange; I thought they believed the opposite.

This made me laugh more than it should have.

I really don't know who the hell they're going to announce. For them to call it in advance it has to be someone big and hype-worthy, but I can't really think of anyone left that's got a reasonable chance of making it that would qualify. A new Pokemon, or even Mewtwo returning, maybe. Chrom, same deal. Shulk is no way, Xenoblade just isn't that big. The only thing I can think is they're going to announce a few characters at once. Maybe two or three returning and themed fighters, and a thematically appropriate newcomer or something.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
The Shulk / Chrom / Ridley trifecta.

And then at the end Mewtwo teleports in.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Captain Pissweak posted:

The Shulk / Chrom / Ridley trifecta.

And then at the end Mewtwo teleports in.

Mewtwo is then blown up by the Elite Beat Agents.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I want Ridley on Monday, Samus and the gang are all fighting and there's this loud explosion, dust comes billowing in and Ridley leaps from the hole at the group

RIDLEY
IS A STAGE HAZARD

then it goes on to reveal whoever it actually is.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

The reason the character is getting their own event is most likely because there are more newcomers left to reveal than there are remaining Nintendo Directs, which is what the videos are traditionally attached to. I doubt it's got anything at all to do with how significant the character is.

I could see maybe one Direct coming out between now and September, but if they've got more than one newcomer video left to show off, that means some will just have to be floated out on their own like this one.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jul 13, 2014

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I want Ridley on Monday, Samus and the gang are all fighting and there's this loud explosion, dust comes billowing in and Ridley leaps from the hole at the group

RIDLEY
IS A STAGE HAZARD

I would love this just for the rage it would excite. The Ridley in the game could never match the Ridley in my mind, so I'm just fine with him being no more than a stage hazard.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's gonna be Goku.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Neowyrm posted:

And the poo poo swamp. And the pretty bland overworld.

I read this at first and thought you were talking about Xenoblade and I was gonna scream.

I'm betting the reveal will be for Chrom just because I don't think they'd want to save a character from an already represented series for last. I'll be ecstatic for whoever they announce though.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

sharrrk posted:

I read this at first and thought you were talking about Xenoblade and I was gonna scream.

I'm betting the reveal will be for Chrom just because I don't think they'd want to save a character from an already represented series for last. I'll be ecstatic for whoever they announce though.

Counterpoint: Wolf.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

It's hosed up how Toad is the speedrun character of choice but in this game he's just a meatshield hostage.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

RIDLEY
IS A STAGE HAZARD

Ridley pops up as a stage hazard then you hear "THIS IS THE TRUE POWER OF THE MONADO!" and Shulk flies across the screen and beheads Ridley.

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

TARDISman posted:

Ridley pops up as a stage hazard then you hear "THIS IS THE TRUE POWER OF THE MONADO!" and Shulk flies across the screen and beheads Ridley.

make it meta ridley and it all comes together

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

TerminusEst13 posted:

Eh. AM2R is good but something just feels off about the morphball physics to me.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

TARDISman posted:

Would that make him small enough to be in the game?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

ImpAtom posted:

It's gonna be Goku.

Vegeta confirmed.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Rainuwastaken posted:

Would that make him small enough to be in the game?

It would if they took his head and placed it on Falco's body like a hack model a friend of mine found.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Shadowlyger posted:

Not dissing the Gamecube controller, but you should at least try out the Wii U Pro controller. It's fantastic, and will probably be my main smash controller.

The Classic Controller Pro is almost as good, but it doesn't fit the hands quite as comfortably as the Wii U Pro. Still worth a look if you prefer the sticks and Dpad/button positions swapped.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Zonekeeper posted:

Not dissing the Gamecube controller, but you should at least try out the Wii U Pro controller. It's fantastic, and will probably be my main smash controller.

The Classic Controller Pro is almost as good, but it doesn't fit the hands quite as comfortably as the Wii U Pro. Still worth a look if you prefer the sticks and Dpad/button positions swapped.

My only real issue with the Classic Pro is that it feels a bit light/flimsy because of the lack of rumble.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Tracula posted:

My only real issue with the Classic Pro is that it feels a bit light/flimsy because of the lack of rumble.

The Wavebird didn't have rumble either and was only heavy because of the puny AA batteries you had to put into it. The Wii U Pro controller's battery life puts all others to shame. :colbert:

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Wouldn't Big Boss technically be a newcomer, since he's not Snake, after all?

It'd be just like Brawl, he'd be there to promote the upcoming big new game. :o

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Gyra_Solune posted:

He is Naked Snake in the previous games and Venom Snake in the new game.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Gyra_Solune posted:

Snake in Brawl was basically Big Boss with Solid Snake's support team though. :shrug:

I'm a little late to the favorite character reveal trailer discussion, but I still wanna pitch in and say that I'm torn between Mega Man's, Little Mac's and the Mii Fighters' reveals. Mega Man was just an amazing spectacle and the amount of detail they put into him just floored me, Punch Out is one of my all time favorite Wii games and hearing Doc Louis narrate the trailer along with that comic book styling was absolutely wonderful, along with the awesome Punch Out remixes (I GOT SO FUCKIN HYPED SEEING DOC LOUIS IN MAC'S VICTORY POSE), and let's be real, Iwata and Reggie duking it out at the start of E3 was pretty much a turning point in terms of how good the presentations were for all of E3.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I still say that if any Metal Gear character got in this time (which is increasingly unlikely), it'd be Raiden. He's just the right kind of good and bad ridiculous that he'd fit in. It's not like he couldn't stand being in a better fighting game than that Playstation All-Stars nonsense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Geostomp posted:

I still say that if any Metal Gear character got in this time (which is increasingly unlikely), it'd be Raiden. He's just the right kind of good and bad ridiculous that he'd fit in. It's not like he couldn't stand being in a better fighting game than that Playstation All-Stars nonsense.

Raiden has literally never appeared on a Nintendo system unless you count kinda-sorta in Ghost Babel and Raikov in Snake Eater 3DS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Geostomp posted:

I can't decide if I would want Raiden's Final Smash to come in with the RULES OF NATURE sting, or for his stage to play it whenever anybody uses a Final Smash.

• Locked thread