Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Inspector Danger's Crime Quiz

Wow.

Also the goose's head and organs. since generally speaking you just don't toss a carcass into the oven.

(Man, that is dark.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

Wanamingo posted:

Zachary Nixon Johnson

I know I rip on ZNJ for not making sense frequently, but seriously WTF is going on here? Didn't the mom just die without a backup available? Didn't that naked dude threaten to kill all of them, why did they just punch him in the face and then let him run away? Who is the bad guy? Why is the city falling? ARGH

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

I can't understand your accent.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Wanamingo posted:

Andertoons

Now I've got Bittersweet Motel stuck in my head. Dammit.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Helicity posted:

I know I rip on ZNJ for not making sense frequently, but seriously WTF is going on here? Didn't the mom just die without a backup available? Didn't that naked dude threaten to kill all of them, why did they just punch him in the face and then let him run away? Who is the bad guy? Why is the city falling? ARGH

I think that they uploaded the house computer into a clone instead of the real thing (hence naked). There was some allusion to a decoy clone earlier.

And yes, dead. Though the surviving daughter is her sole heir, so I guess there's that.

Presumably now that he's in a body, he's only as dangerous as any other naked human, so not much of a threat anymore.

And the city is falling because the computer isn't running it anymore or something.

God dammit, this is taking up valuable storage space in my brain that could be going to something useful, instead of the Adventures of the Lumpy Faced Future People.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Couldn't solve that one. As an American, all I know is that Goose sits behind Maverick.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

MANDRAKE: Next week: Mandrake!

And Geech is covered in boo-boos.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

He's setting it in the 1920s.

Dialogue completely intact of course.

He cut out a few things, but made sure to leave in the bits of dialogue identifying Juliet as 13.

Because in the 1920s you really had to get married before you entered junior high.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"Or is it...DR KELRAST?"

Rex Morgan MD

Even Rex seems to be getting sick of his family just getting whatever they want all the time.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
To be honest, it's the only way I can see their reaction making any sense. Bet he makes the same lame joke to all his patients.

why yes i did spend way too long making this why do you ask

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD
OK, this obviously wasn't June's plan for how to deal with Sarah blackmailing Kelly, unless her plan was literally just to ignore the situation until it resolved itself somehow?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Mother Goose & Grimm

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Foxtrot

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Mr. Squishy posted:

The answer to those, and all other questions of missing strips, is that posting a strip every day is boring and unrewarding.
Pretty much. As much as I enjoy :argh: ranting over comic strips, it's freakin' summer!

Gil

Around here you have seven-year-old girls in charge of watching their baby siblings and stuff. Yeah...

Retail

Retail basically spent the past month on boring customers suck gags so no one really missed anything, not that the inventory storyline wasn't already extremely boring.

That said, I agree with Marla here. Forget store policy, anyone who's committed a crime on the job in say, the past six months should be fired and arrested. This store's long overdue for some house cleaning.

Bleeker the Rechargeable Dog

I'm not sure what Karl's pissed about in panel one but he sure is pissed.

Dustin

I think this comic would be better if it was about how terrible of a person Ed is regardless of looks instead of how old and fat he is.

On the Fastrack

Tempted to get a phablet myself and I have small girly hands.

Heaven's Love Thrift Shop

Midnight Moth fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 13, 2014

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Midnight Moth posted:

Gil

Around here you have seven-year-old girls in charge of watching their baby siblings and stuff. Yeah...

Gil, why are you complaining? This kid is your ticket to a lot of awesome poo poo.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
If you dislike posting strips, don't post. It's not like someone won't pick up the strips you post if they're worthwhile anyway.

I'd like to note that no one picked up Gill, Bleeker, or any other holbrook pieces of poo poo during their blissful hiatus. But, here they are again. Oh joy. :sigh:

Cul-de-sac

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Ok, I guess.

Heavenly Nostrils

No, it's pronounced "foab", just like the first syllable of Mars' moon. You're welcome. :v:

9 Chickweed Lane 7/13/2003

Of course you just had to include a bra, didn't you, Brooke. Anyway, whatever, that is a drat fine drawing, as usual, of Solange. :golfclap:

Zits

That's definitely a Brooke-sized mouth there.

:stare: This is hosed up on so many levels. "Kill of the day"? Would the prey, then, be from the camp across the lake? A cafeteria for each stomach? How would one directly feed, say, stomach #3? Why are the carnivores the only ones to have "arts and crafts"? And, the "free kill zone"... so is that where anything can kill anything else?

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
"Milking Station" "Free Ice Cream"

:stare:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

The implications of Kevin and Kell are always horrifying.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Shugojin posted:

The implications of Kevin and Kell are always horrifying.

Mostly for what it implies about Holbrook.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Isn't that a camp for children?

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

:stare: This is hosed up on so many levels. "Kill of the day"? Would the prey, then, be from the camp across the lake? A cafeteria for each stomach? How would one directly feed, say, stomach #3? Why are the carnivores the only ones to have "arts and crafts"? And, the "free kill zone"... so is that where anything can kill anything else?

All the utterly horrifying things aside, I took Stomach #1-4 to be in the vein of saying Tables #1-4, and thought it was kind of clever and cute.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

goatface posted:

Isn't that a camp for children?

For children who are learning to kill other children (who may be their friends), yes.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I get that bit, it's the "milking station" part that is worrying me.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Dinette Set

I get that these people are supposed to be frumpy and gross, but holy poo poo that woman.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Cow and Boy

Sherman's Lagoon

Ah, the classic "despite all the animals acting like humans in costumes, let's act mystified by humanity's behavior" strip.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Why don't the predators get a deer tick removal station? That's what's wrong with our healthcare system today: unequal access to basic services purely based on the diet of a particular zoographic.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

goatface posted:

I get that bit, it's the "milking station" part that is worrying me.

Yeah, that was what threw me too. That and the implication that everyone's welcome to a nice frozen cone of their friends' lactation. :barf:

Midnight Moth
Sep 14, 2007

What the hell, dude??
I'm like, right here.

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

If you dislike posting strips, don't post. It's not like someone won't pick up the strips you post if they're worthwhile anyway.

I'd like to note that no one picked up Gill, Bleeker, or any other holbrook pieces of poo poo during their blissful hiatus. But, here they are again. Oh joy. :sigh:

Wow man. Thats a pretty mean thing to say about Kevin Franck.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

And, the "free kill zone"... so is that where anything can kill anything else?

Nah, one of the things that Holbrook's pretty consistent about is that it's morally reprehensible and outright illegal for the prey to fight back.

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

This is actually the third "summer camp" story Kevin and Kell has done. They're just as hosed up as you'd imagine.

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 13, 2014

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this
What the gently caress is wrong with Bill Holbrook?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Bobulus posted:

This is actually the third "summer camp" story Kevin and Kell has done. They're just as hosed up as you'd imagine.

I just noticed on today's comic he date stamped it 6/29, so maybe it's a rerun from a previous "Death Camp For Herbivores" story arc?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Coney's new name will be "lunch".

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kevin and Kell actually owns. Just roll w/ it is my motto

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Magic Hate Ball posted:

a lot

Mister Kingdom posted:

Coney's new name will be "lunch".

Don't worry, they've already got the paperwork in place!

Bobulus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jul 13, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magic Hate Ball posted:

He gets off on domination and disempowerment. It's a major aspect of all his comics. K&K has extra murder and weird animal things, but Safe Havens has all the transformation stuff (not to mention things like what happened to that one "criminal" (i.e. guy who picked up a thing he found)) and even Fastrack has Dethany's control over the very being of the computer characters.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts gives us "youthful hopes dashed on the jagged rocks". For your amusement. (July 16, 1967)

Funky Winkerbean

:cawg:MAIDEN!:cawg: Not in this century, buddy.

Holly Budd Winkerbean later used her shrewd people skills (and, of course, emotional blackmail) to get two hours in the ball pit at DashCon! She barely got infected at all!

Looks like she made a new friend, too.

Classic Popeye Sunday takes y'all to school. (c. 1942, and yeah, this one came to me in the smaller size. Not a lot to do about it at this point)

Pogo disposes of holiday leftovers. (July 6, 1969)

First-Gen Blondie resorts to psychological torture. Yes, again. (c. 1942)

Out Our Way (April 13-14, 1925)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Fritzi likes classic R&B music, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Wait a second... an animal has characteristic joke... and they're camping...

You maniacs! This is a Kevin and Kell strip! drat you! God drat you all to hell!

• Locked thread