Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i would ask lowtax if there were any secret forums upgrades for the wealthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

R. Mute posted:

build a gold goku statue

that's what Minecraft is for

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

for real though i'd probably give half of the money to my family - enough money for my sister to pay off her house and some for my parents as a return on investment for raising me or something. the other half would be mainly cocaine and hookers, if by that i mean save/invest it, give part to charity and also buy cocaine.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

R. Mute posted:

for real though i'd probably give half of the money to my family - enough money for my sister to pay off her house and some for my parents as a return on investment for raising me or something. the other half would be mainly cocaine and hookers, if by that i mean save/invest it, give part to charity and also buy cocaine.

Yeah, any wealth I come into goes to the debts of people I care about, and if it was a really substantial amount of money I'd buy people the properties they live in.

So about 2 million to feel like me and mine aren't constantly getting hosed. That's a pretty terrible snapshot.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

R. Mute posted:

I started to make a bad joke about charity being the name of the hooker when I was struck by curiosity about what hooker names are in other languages. Do sex workers in Francophone countries still pick working names like charité or étoile or are there different trends?

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Chantilly Say posted:

I started to make a bad joke about charity being the name of the hooker when I was struck by curiosity about what hooker names are in other languages. Do sex workers in Francophone countries still pick working names like charité or étoile or are there different trends?
well, as an expert on prostitutes, i...

i actually have no idea, but going off of this dutch site (so not really francophone, except for brussels i guess) it seems like the names are pretty normal? that site freaks me out.

e: oh god there are reviews i wish i didn't speak dutch

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
Yeah I remember reading some Nevada website, where prostitution is legal, where you could review prostitutes and it's basically the grossest thing ever.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I'd wax off what's left of my parents mortgage then throw a hookers and blow party for y'all.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

it's just a vortex of disgust. you've got a bunch of shameless guys posting poorly written and far too explicit reviews of these poor girls, giving an actual play-by-play of their visit. and if the graphic detail isn't enough, they're also in the business of using the most disgusting words possible to describe everything. it's like they're looking for the most creative and absurd words for their dicks, it's insane. you just gave a graphic description of banging a hooker but you're unable to just call it your dick? or are you trying to give your review of a prostitute a poetic feel?

and then there's the content - like every one of these studs totally made their prostitute orgasm over and over again. she clearly enjoyed all their moves. or when they start complaining. 'she didn't let me cum in her ear - total rip-off' or 'didn't look like she was enjoying my tiny dick and wasn't turned on by my grossly overweight fifty year old body. i asked for my money back and she got mad. would not visit again.'

it's real sad and disgusting and ugh.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

paragon1 posted:

What would you do if you had a million dollars?

Not tell anyone that I had said million dollars.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Hedera Helix posted:

Not tell anyone that I had said million dollars.

Then go to jail for the resulting tax evasion conviction? :v:

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
If you have not had a toasted turkey, bacon, apple, and brie sandwich, you have not lived.

My problem with pineapple on pizza is that I do not like pineapple, and unlike other pizza toppings, if I'm sharing a pizza with people and I pull off the pineapples, the pizza still tastes like pineapple.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Thanatosian posted:

If you have not had a toasted turkey, bacon, apple, and brie sandwich, you have not lived.

My problem with pineapple on pizza is that I do not like pineapple, and unlike other pizza toppings, if I'm sharing a pizza with people and I pull off the pineapples, the pizza still tastes like pineapple.

Then just order your half/quarter of the pizza without pineapple. Sounds pretty simple to me.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

That's a fair complaint. You will not be banned.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
I like pineapple on pizza, but I have bad taste in pizza so this complicates things. Supremes are definitely good though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Thanatosian posted:

The girlfriend of a friend of mine once ordered a pizza tonno which - perhaps surprisingly, despite it clearly saying so on the menu - had tuna on it. She then started to complain that she didn't like tuna and started picking all the pieces of tuna from the pizza. Of course, the now barren pizza still tasted like tuna because it's loving tuna and she started complaining about that. Our friend, her boyfriend, started offering to switch pizzas with her but she refused and kept complaining. Finally, she relented and he got to eat a half eaten, brutally savaged, tuna-less pizza tonno. She then at some point mentioned she doesn't really like pizza all that much. God we're so loving tired of her loving poo poo.

Besides, who the gently caress doesn't like pizza?

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Nothing quite like a margherita pizza. Dunno if huge, sliced, circular pizza is specifically an American thing, though.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

what do you think non-american pizza looks like?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

R. Mute posted:

what do you think non-american pizza looks like?

Lahmacun? :v:

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

The ones I've had in Europe were either the small personal Neapolitan pies which you eat with fork and knife or the pizza al taglio, which they cut up and weigh by the pound to sell to you.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

XyloJW posted:

I would buy you a green dress

It'd better be a real one :argh:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Best way to eat döner/shawarma.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

no joke, turkish pizza is loving amazing. if i didn't have to go all across town to get it, i'd eat it all the time. mmm Kusbasili chicken

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

The ones I've had in Europe were either the small personal Neapolitan pies which you eat with fork and knife or the pizza al taglio, which they cut up and weigh by the pound to sell to you.
pizza is pretty popular obviously so you can get pretty much everything you want if you look for it, but the "standard" pizza here is just a regular ol' pizza. round, flat, delicious.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I finally found a döner place here in the States. It's run by white dudes but the lamb was still pretty bomb.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
The first and only pizza I ever ate in Rome was awful.

I'm still traumatized by that experience. Guess Americans know what's up, and Italians don't, or I just visited some dreadful tourist trap.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

R. Mute posted:

pizza is pretty popular obviously so you can get pretty much everything you want if you look for it, but the "standard" pizza here is just a regular ol' pizza. round, flat, delicious.

I'd do bad things for a good Chicago or Detroit style pizza but even in Paris I've never managed to find either of them.

Chantilly Say posted:

I finally found a döner place here in the States. It's run by white dudes but the lamb was still pretty bomb.

However, I can't walk down the street without tripping over kebab places which just about makes up for it.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

ufarn posted:

Rome

or I just visited some dreadful tourist trap.
yeah, probably.

Soviet Commubot posted:

I'd do bad things for a good Chicago or Detroit style pizza but even in Paris I've never managed to find either of them.
is that just a deep-dish thing or is there more to it? deep dish is relatively easy to find, although they're generally not very impressive

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

I'd kill for another Mustafa's döner (honestly, we don't get to be picky with Turkish food here in the U.S.)

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The real Italian food tragedy is that hardly any restaurant seems to carry calamari in tomato sauce. :negative: (Also people making pizzas with thick crusts and dough layers because they look larger and are cheaper to produce.)

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

I'mma say it: gently caress "True Neapolitan pizza."

America took the Neapolitan pizza concept and made it awesome. And I'm not even talking the Chicago/New York divide, because I think they both have their virtues (and I will even advocate for the San Francisco pizza, made with a sourdough crust).

The whole minimalist thing is bullshit, and the tomato-water you end up with that they try to call "sauce" is just loving gross. Plus, the crust is poo poo; it's like a lovely, frozen pizza: burnt crust, still cold in the middle, gently caress that.

gently caress minimalism; pack as much poo poo on there as you can. Hell, put other entire foods on top of the pizza; there's a place near my office that does a fantastic barbecue chicken pizza. They also have a reuben pizza (which I have yet to try). And the crust should be either soft, or slightly crispy, gently caress this "charred" poo poo.

The modern American pizza is a dish of excess, and loving deliciousness. We may have taken the concept from Napoli, but the two have about as much in common as a Commodore 64 and a Surface Pro 3. :colbert: :911:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I live in New York but I'm a drat dirty traitor because holy poo poo Chicago pizza is the best.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Soviet Commubot posted:

If I lived in Paris, I would probably die of a croque monsieur overdose.

It's not just the deliciousness, but the availability. Those loving carts are like Starbucks in Seattle.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Hopefully next summer I'll have enough cash to do something I've been wanting to do for drat near a decade: Go to Chicago, eat pizza, and get drunk at Wrigley.

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

R. Mute posted:

is that just a deep-dish thing or is there more to it? deep dish is relatively easy to find, although they're generally not very impressive

I've come across a few places that sold what they claimed were deep dish pizzas, some even claiming they were Chicago style, but it was just a normal pizza with a slightly thicker crust, nothing remotely like a good Giordano's pizza in Chicago.

Detroit pizza is square with a thick crust, the cheese is baked directly onto the crust and then sauce and other toppings placed right on that. I make them at home from time to time but there were some places back in Michigan that made some really great pizzas that I can't do anything like justice.

Thanatosian posted:

It's not just the deliciousness, but the availability. Those loving carts are like Starbucks in Seattle.

I live in Rennes so I got hooked on galette saucisse, the local street food. It's a buckwheat crèpe wrapped around a big sausage with some good spicy mustard. Some places even sell a galette saucisse complète, which is a buckwheat crèpe cooked with ham, cheese and egg which is then wrapped around a sausage. It's great Saturday morning hangover food.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
California pizza is an abomination that must be brought to an end.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Regional food chat is silly, but for some reason this time makes me want to have some water ice.

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Thanatosian posted:

smh, you sandwich casual

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Joementum posted:

there is no such place; there is no such pizza

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

Joementum posted:

Add Cal-Mex in here too. Basically, please just stop loving trying to fusion-ise every Goddamn food, California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
How's the pizza in Thailand?

• Locked thread