Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hehehe. Amber knows she's going up.

Oh, and since Caleb also seems to be getting a hit of a cushy edit I feel the need to tell all non-feed watchers that last night the houseguests were given an hour to practice this HOH and Caleb didn't bother taking a swing because he "got this".

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

Hehehe. Amber knows she's going up.
Nicole will put up Amber absolutely.
Hopefully she's smart enough not to pair her with Caleb or Devin.

Hell, Devin should just stay off of the block until POV shakes out to see if a backdoor slider comes about.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Yeah don't let Devin fight in the BotB, and hope he doesn't even get a chance in veto. Derrick would much rather Nicole do the deed so Derrick should nom two strong people like Caleb and Hayden so they can win. Not sure what the ideal 2nd person there is, he could probably sell it to Caleb as protecting him from a backdoor and feeding his comp ego. Others won't be happy with Hayden but maybe he does Amber. Hell, Zach would be dumb enough to volunteer for it.

E: I guess the nightmare scenario there is Caleb/Amber getting immunity from winning BotB and then Devin getting a random veto win.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

I guess the nightmare scenario there is Caleb/Amber getting immunity from winning BotB and then Devin getting a random veto win.
No way will Nicole pair Amber/Caleb.
She loving better not!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I don't see that.

My best guess is Caleb/someone vs. Amber/Zach. Nicole's target is Amber and she has no major relationship with Zach so that's a semi-safe move. Derrick putting up Caleb would do the dual task of making it seem like he's not working with him and giving Caleb a chance to win safety in BotB to avoid getting backdoored. Then Devin would be the primary backdoor target, although that could easily change.

It also would be fun to make Caleb fight Amber in BotB. Derrick and Nicole would get a kick out of that.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 11, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Just a word of warning, everyone has been okay with the spoilers here, but there are definitely some events not covered in the last few days which will surely be a lock for the Sunday show now that these two have won HOH. So lets avoid any talk of that for now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I'm trying to avoid the thing that happened that wasn't on the show because it is 100% going to be on Sunday's show. I guess its probably best if us feed watchers just don't speculate on noms since we're working with additional info.

My deepest apologies if I let something slip.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Roger Dodger, Teek.
I completely understand :patriot:

But let's be fair here... the current broadcast edit is leaving some big gaping holes unexplained and washed away with it's storyboard.
Who's to say anything expressed previously that could be a spoiler will ever be addressed on broadcast?

We've determined that Frankie is getting a soft edit that's really disingenuous to the broadcast public.
There's a hell of a lot more stuff Frankie was up to that was poo-pooed aside tonight and last night.

However, I will err to the side of caution and remain tight lipped until events are well in the clear for non-spoilery discussion.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Jul 11, 2014

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
For these particular things, I think if they're not mentioned in the Sunday show, they're then free and clear to talk at length about since they're fairly relevant to some ongoing threads.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Here's a different spin...

I follow a few British based forums just because I love their version of The Apprentice (it's SOO good) and on those sites I frequent there are sections about BBUSA. Apparently, many Brits have a shine for our version of BB. A growing number think our version is better than theirs. They like the constant gameplay and no public vote involvement which opens up more character development since the hamsters aren't pandering to the public.

They also are jealous of the elaborate competition set ups our version presents (especially the Endurance Comps). The CBS budget for our BB must eclipse theirs by a country mile in comparison. The HOH comp where everyone was holding onto a log baffled them and brought about comments like "Why can't our BB do this, it's so simple?" to "Holy crap, that set up is so cool!"

Anyways... those across the pond are having a hard time wrapping their head around our house guests, especially Donny. They don't particularly "get" him and question why he was cast in the first place. I think they will turn the tide eventually but as of now they see Donny as an old fart backwoods oaf with a long beard who might be mentally deficient. Basically, the stereotypical deep South mouth breather who fucks his own sister and assrapes Ned Beaty by a bog along the river.

The juxtaposition amuses me because Donny might by far be one of the most loved houseguests in BB cast history. The Brits haven't warmed to him yet, they question and cringe that he was voted into Team America but I have faith they will turn their prejudice.

They eventually WILL turn because Donny is awesome!

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Spiky Ooze posted:

Everyone will unless they want to hand Donny 500k.

edit: woot HoH time

One of the few things everyone on the house agrees on is that sitting next to Donny at the end is a loss.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Robnoxious posted:

Here's a different spin...

I follow a few British based forums...

You've been seeing other forums? you whore

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Eltoasto posted:

You've been seeing other forums? you whore
Innit!
I even picked up on their slang, you fookin' wanker!

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I likely missed this by not watching closely enough, but did we ever get an explanation for why Team America got rebooted with three people after Joey left? I thought that the point was that the team had to stay together until the end, not that they would just replace members that get voted out?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

Bucswabe posted:

I likely missed this by not watching closely enough, but did we ever get an explanation for why Team America got rebooted with three people after Joey left? I thought that the point was that the team had to stay together until the end, not that they would just replace members that get voted out?

Probably because she was voted out before there were even any other members of the team or a single challenge given to them... I doubt they'll replace any team members who get voted out from now on, but it made sense to replace Joey, at least, instead of just starting with a bust 2-member team immediately.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

thexerox123 posted:

Probably because she was voted out before there were even any other members of the team or a single challenge given to them... I doubt they'll replace any team members who get voted out from now on, but it made sense to replace Joey, at least, instead of just starting with a bust 2-member team immediately.

Ahhh thanks for that. I suspected this was likely the case, though I still find it weird that they would just do it without any kind of explanation. I guess they hate having to admit when their dumb twists get ruined in the first week!

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
#ManTears

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Caleb is such a creeper.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Robnoxious posted:

Caleb is such a creeper.

Oh my yes

iNteg
Dec 17, 2007
I love donny.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Caleb is creepy.

I love Donny, but he done hosed up by running right to people to tell that openly. Dude, wait until after noms or at least whisper.

I hate Christine.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
Donny nooooo whyyy. So close to the Donny-Nicole team up we've all been waiting for.

And yeah I think Christine is bad news, and I'm afraid Nicole can't see that.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Popero posted:

Donny nooooo whyyy. So close to the Donny-Nicole team up we've all been waiting for.

And yeah I think Christine is bad news, and I'm afraid Nicole can't see that.

She said it hurt her and worried her that Christine didn't tell her about the Bomb Squad earlier but she doesn't have anyone else to work with right now so she's kind of stuck trusting Christine.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

NICOLE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Let's start with the dumbest first. Definitely Caleb."

I love you, Donny.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I, too, wanna go eat some lunch, Donny. I really really do.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Donnie has a heart as big as a whale.

He has to make it to jury at the very least because he's almost guaranteed the America's Favorite prize if they offer it.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Did you tell me not to tell anyone?"
"I don't know? I thought it was assumed."

"I want to work with you."
"Definitely."
"But don't tell anyone!"
"I won't because you asked me not to."

My favorite alliance formation ever.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Oh man Jocasta did not look healthy there

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

"It's sick... ...that's a word I picked up in here."

Oh Donnie. :allears:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kloaked00 posted:

Oh man Jocasta did not look healthy there

She has been very sick the last couple days

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jesus, Caleb really does look like Harry Potter on steroids.

Jesus, Jocasta looks like death.

Caleb: Jocasta looks sick but at least I can win POV.

Piece of poo poo.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 14, 2014

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I'll spoiler just to be safe regarding Jocasta. It doesn't reveal anything gamewise.

Jocasta has been literally constipated this week and hasn't been able to pass a bowel movement.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

To expand on Jocasta's health

She was having bathroom problems ever since the slop in Week 1 that were exasperated by being shy about using the public bathroom and Devin being a tyrant about his HOH room/bathroom. She ended up taking a bunch of fiber and laxatives and had severe diarrhea. The comp ended up giving her severe dehydration, heat exhaustion, and motion sickness, possibly exasperated by Caleb messing around to throw the comp. She was a wreck for a day or two but is back on her feet and looking healthy again.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Donnie has a heart as big as a whale.

He has to make it to jury at the very least because he's almost guaranteed the America's Favorite prize if they offer it.

Aren't all the HGs eligible for America's Favorite? I don't remember it being exclusive to jury members.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

violetdragon posted:

Aren't all the HGs eligible for America's Favorite? I don't remember it being exclusive to jury members.
Yes, but early boots tend to be largely ignored and easily forgotten by the end of the season.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

Robnoxious posted:

Yes, but early boots tend to be largely ignored and easily forgotten by the end of the season.

But Donny is unforgettable.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

violetdragon posted:

But Donny is unforgettable.
This is true but in the History of the America's Favorite contest (and I'm throwing Survivor in there as well), no one has ever won the prize not making jury at least.

Too many memorable events occur after the early boots, which is why I think they haven't got a shot in hell at ever winning.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Derrick continues to impress me, a lot. After Tony doing so well on Survivor, it's funny to see another cop kicking rear end. I don't think he has (on the show) made a wrong move or incorrect assessment yet. Recognizing that Caleb would think of himself as having "volunteered" to go up was brilliant. He's my current favorite houseguest. Well, for strategy. I want Donny to be my new neighbor/best friend.

• Locked thread