Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

ReindeerF posted:

Add Cal-Mex in here too. Basically, please just stop loving trying to fusion-ise every Goddamn food, California.

What's californizing food? Do they just futilely try to shove avocado and other poo poo that doesn't belong into food that's perfectly fine without it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
send me a dozen roti paratha please

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Joementum posted:

California pizza is an abomination that must be brought to an end.

California Pizza Kitchen is bad. One of the best pizzas I've ever had was in California. It had sheep cheese and honey on it.

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

I thought 'Sicilian' style pizza was supposed to be the pizza abomination. But then I like California Pizza Kitchen so I'm probably just ignorant. :sigh:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

To anyone who thinks California pizza is bad, you've obviously never had Japanese pizza. Whole lotta things that have no business being together to begin with, much less on a pizza.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

To anyone who thinks California pizza is bad, you've obviously never had Japanese pizza. Whole lotta things that have no business being together to begin with, much less on a pizza.

How about Sushi Pizza from a now-closed Japanese restaurant

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Sushi on pizza sounds like something that would work okay as a concept, though. I mean it's fish meat, so it shouldn't be that different from tuna on a pizza.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

XyloJW posted:

How's the pizza in Thailand?

DemeaninDemon posted:

What's californizing food? Do they just futilely try to shove avocado and other poo poo that doesn't belong into food that's perfectly fine without it?
Yeah and don't skip the sour cream and cream cheese and other milquetoast ingredients!

ReidRansom posted:

EDIT: That photo is for their new Cambodian branches, but it's a Thai company and that specific """"pizza"""" is a seasonal thing they started offering here. Looks like the loving thing that lifts out of the ocean at the end of The Abyss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Can we get the Cornish to make a stargazy pizza pie so we can finally establish once and for all the Worst Pizza? TIA

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ReindeerF posted:

EDIT: That photo is for their new Cambodian branches, but it's a Thai company and that specific """"pizza"""" is a seasonal thing they started offering here. Looks like the loving thing that lifts out of the ocean at the end of The Abyss

I definitely don't want to eat that pizza. Asians should probably stop inventing pizzas.

otoh a curry pizza... hmmm

e:

When even the waitress says something is vile

ReidRansom fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jul 13, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Asian food has a rich and amazing history but for some reason when like every Asian country saw pizza they just lost their mind and we have poo poo like korean mayo pizzas and that shrimp seafood abortion and poo poo. From looking at poo poo that gets posted online and all they never had that happen with stuff like fast food burgers aside from doing things like making huge ones or using squid ink to make black buns or something, but for some reason pizza made like half the Asian chefs that saw it go "WAIT WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS"

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Oh god, why would someone do this.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!
Got a homemade pizza in the oven right now, can't wait to eat it.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

nutranurse posted:

As bad as it sounds, here's how it gets even worse - at least in Thailand. Mayo here is not mayo as we think of it, it's more like British style salad cream, but with a shitload of sugar added. Now imagine that as the sauce on your pizza.

Thankfully, this place opened in the last couple of years and is basically the first 100% legit good pizza in Bangkok:
http://www.palapizzabangkok.com/

EDIT: Also, Thai domestic pizza all comes with ketchup packets and Thai people, generally speaking, douse the poo poo out of the ridiculous pizza they order with ketchup. It's all tragicomic to watch.

EDIT EDIT: And their ketchup produced for domestic consumption has - wait for it - tons of sugar added.

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Thai pizza is basically a crime against humanity and should result in some sort of Truth & Reconciliation Commission at minimum. That is all. Back to work.

ReindeerF fucked around with this message at 23:32 on Jul 13, 2014

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nutranurse posted:

That's what confuses me! Like, I can kinda see how a seafood gangbang pizza happens, you're a dude who makes seafood, you think of pizza as a big 'oh yea I can put whatever on top right' thing, bam that happens.

But who looks at a pizza and goes 'I should put nasty rear end mayo on this'?

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
There is an Indian pizza shop in Houston and it's good. Saag paneer pizza is mighty tasty.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Swan Oat posted:

There is an Indian pizza shop in Houston and it's good. Saag paneer pizza is mighty tasty.

Bombay Pizza Co. right? The Slumdog is my jam over there.

See that's how you do this stuff right. It's great, it has a unique sauce, on unique bread (not sure if it's naan proper or what), with a blend of toppings that reflects the chef's home, but it's still pizza, when I look at it and eat it I still go 'gently caress this pizza rules'.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

There's a "Pizza and Curry" place in my hometown which I'm given to believe is pretty good; I guess tandoori chicken would work on a pizza, but I never bothered since there was a really good Indo-Pak restaurant a few blocks down. http://www.pizzaandcurry.com/category/gourmet-desi-indian-pizzas/

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Asian food has a rich and amazing history but for some reason when like every Asian country saw pizza they just lost their mind and we have poo poo like korean mayo pizzas and that shrimp seafood abortion and poo poo. From looking at poo poo that gets posted online and all they never had that happen with stuff like fast food burgers aside from doing things like making huge ones or using squid ink to make black buns or something, but for some reason pizza made like half the Asian chefs that saw it go "WAIT WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS"

I know this video's a spoof on crazy Korean nationalists who think that Korea invented everythig, but https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiLA6Bk_ivs

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

ReidRansom posted:

otoh a curry pizza... hmmm
Had it; pretty good, but not great.

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

My (Vietnamese) mom used to make these omelet type things of egg, shrimp, onions, mushrooms, and cilantro. No bread anywhere, and you dipped in fish sauce.

She called it pizza. Don't get me wrong it was good but I'm pretty sure the English translation of banh xeo is not pizza

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!

ReindeerF posted:

As bad as it sounds, here's how it gets even worse - at least in Thailand. Mayo here is not mayo as we think of it, it's more like British style salad cream, but with a shitload of sugar added. Now imagine that as the sauce on your pizza.

Thankfully, this place opened in the last couple of years and is basically the first 100% legit good pizza in Bangkok:
http://www.palapizzabangkok.com/

EDIT: Also, Thai domestic pizza all comes with ketchup packets and Thai people, generally speaking, douse the poo poo out of the ridiculous pizza they order with ketchup. It's all tragicomic to watch.

EDIT EDIT: And their ketchup produced for domestic consumption has - wait for it - tons of sugar added.

Not to distract from the :barf: of the rest of your post, and from that shrimp pizza ad, but Heinz has a bunch of added sugar as well. Unless, their ketchup remains sugary even in comparison?

DemeaninDemon posted:

Avocados are wonderful, you hush up

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Tatum Girlparts posted:

The burgers can get pretty weird too. MOS Burger definitely stretches the definition of what you and I might consider a burger, but at least some of them are pretty good.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Asian pizza is the West's just desserts* for poo poo like General Tso's Chicken.

*don't post dessert pizzas here, I just ate (not pizza)

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
You Romans, you make a dessert and call it pizza.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

also I can't remember when was the last time I ever ate Panda Express but I remember getting very mild heartburn from it

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Also it's hard to get mad about other countries ruining the great gift of pizza when here in the US I can order a cheeseburger pizza (cheese, beef, onions, ketchup, mustard) from a local place or go to Subway and get a "flatizza."

E: I should clarify that yeah there's nothing wrong with beef and onions on a pizza but ketchup and mustard just do not work.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Hedera Helix posted:

Avocados are wonderful, you hush up

I never said that! I'm just confused why some people like to put them on dishes that have no business having avocados on them.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Bombay Pizza Co. right? The Slumdog is my jam over there.

See that's how you do this stuff right. It's great, it has a unique sauce, on unique bread (not sure if it's naan proper or what), with a blend of toppings that reflects the chef's home, but it's still pizza, when I look at it and eat it I still go 'gently caress this pizza rules'.

Yeah the Slumdog is legit too. gently caress I think I might eat there later this week.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

paranoid randroid posted:

You Romans, you make a dessert and call it pizza.

:golfclap:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
I've been sitting on that pun for years.

I've still got "hellafied gangsta lien" queued up for the day snoop dogg goes into banking.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Thanks to this thread (and my wife seeing it over my shoulder), we had to order pizza instead of eating pastrami sandwiches.

You monsters!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Guy Montag posted:

Thanks to this thread (and my wife seeing it over my shoulder), we had to order pizza instead of eating pastrami sandwiches.

You monsters!

Shoulda gotten pastrami on your pizza boom problem solved.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

My local pizza place makes great pastrami sandwiches actually. Go figure.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Shoulda gotten pastrami on your pizza boom problem solved.

I probably would if I could. I live in West 'by-God' Virginia. :negative:

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Chantilly Say posted:

*don't post dessert pizzas here, I just ate (not pizza)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8umVKXfcutA

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

ReindeerF posted:

Add Cal-Mex in here too. Basically, please just stop loving trying to fusion-ise every Goddamn food, California.

You are a bastard for this.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I'm practically living on lovely frozen pizza right now because my local Wal-Mart has Tostito's for $1 each, I'm poor, and it's better than ramen...I have to get canned fruit and veg so I don't get scurvy or something.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
I used to like California Pizza Kitchen's pizza but every time I order it now it seems to come out ever so slightly worse so I don't bother anymore.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Wow, I thought having an Indian/Italian restaurant in my area was some sort of unique thing but I guess it isn't.

I can get pizza anywhere, but I can't get a giant bowl of take-out chicken vindaloo anywhere else. They do have a chicken curry pizza that I had once and was okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
You know what's good if you haven't had it? Japanese tonkatsu curry rice. I never saw it until I lived in Asia and now it's one of my favorites (the Cocoichibanya super-spicy variety is crack rock - and I never feel this way about chain food).

• Locked thread