Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
ONE FC @ONEFCMMA · 6h
NEWS ALERT: MMA Superstar Brandon Vera has officially signed with ONE FC, Asia’s largest MMA organization. @Verafied @victoronefc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

ONE FC @ONEFCMMA · 6h
NEWS ALERT: MMA Superstar Brandon Vera has officially signed with ONE FC, Asia’s largest MMA organization. @Verafied @victoronefc

MMA Superstar: aspirant to two belts, holder of none.

Incidentally, I wonder how many people have noticed that ONEFC could also stand for ONE FAILED CAREER. At this rate" "ONEFC after another" would probably be a more appropriate name for the organization.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can't wait to see Brandon Vera vs The Fattest Man From Indonesia at One FC 22: War of Warriors

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

Gregor Samsa posted:

Incidentally, I wonder how many people have noticed that ONEFC could also stand for ONE FAILED CAREER. At this rate" "ONEFC after another" would probably be a more appropriate name for the organization.

drat

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Gregor Samsa posted:

MMA Superstar: aspirant to two belts, holder of none.

Someone should start a new B-league OP with this title; the current one is way out of date. Volunteers?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Genuinely kinda curious what b-leagues are left at this point

There's the AXS.tv ones which at this point are pretty much just RFA and Legacy shows.

Oplot is dead, KSW runs shows super rarely.

Tachi Palace is back and streams about once every 2 months.

Bellator has its own thread, Invicta is now under the Zuffa/ Fight Pass label...

Shooto Brazil and Jungle Fights rarely if ever seem to be on anymore and Combate keeps cancelling broadcasts on short notice.

Is it really just OneFC, a periodic Fight Nights Moscow show, Tachi and WSOF left?

Oh and TitanFC, I forgot they have a TV deal now

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
do a catchall thread if bellator isn't running weekly

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

do a catchall thread if bellator isn't running weekly

Yeah, this is a good idea.

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

Yuriy posted:

Genuinely kinda curious what b-leagues are left at this point

There's the AXS.tv ones which at this point are pretty much just RFA and Legacy shows.

Oplot is dead, KSW runs shows super rarely.

Tachi Palace is back and streams about once every 2 months.

Bellator has its own thread, Invicta is now under the Zuffa/ Fight Pass label...

Shooto Brazil and Jungle Fights rarely if ever seem to be on anymore and Combate keeps cancelling broadcasts on short notice.

Is it really just OneFC, a periodic Fight Nights Moscow show, Tachi and WSOF left?

Oh and TitanFC, I forgot they have a TV deal now

Cage Warriors seems to do just fine.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
DEEP, PANCRASE, and Shooto still run cards. SFL is supposedly coming back.
Grandslam MMA last night was awesome. ROAD FC still does cards. EFC Africa does cards every month or so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Oplot will be back after Ukraine settles down. Prolly in the next five months.

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.

coconono posted:

Oplot will be back after Ukraine settles down. Prolly in the next five months.

Source? Last I heard, the people behind it had fled to Russia, and the club was destroyed.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

justin gaethje's next opponent is melvin guillard lol

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
I read on some random blog that's probably not credible at all that Leonard Garcia is one win away from getting back into the UFC. I just watched his last fight in Legacy. He won, but he's not giving me the impression that he's learned how to throw punches that actually touch his opponent. Besides the one that ends the fight, Garcia doesn't appear to come close to landing anything with his hands. He's finished his last three fights, but man do I hope Zuffa is smart enough not to waste a spot on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9VlXlTPA4Y

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Agent Tough Juice posted:

I read on some random blog that's probably not credible at all that Leonard Garcia is one win away from getting back into the UFC. I just watched his last fight in Legacy. He won, but he's not giving me the impression that he's learned how to throw punches that actually touch his opponent. Besides the one that ends the fight, Garcia doesn't appear to come close to landing anything with his hands. He's finished his last three fights, but man do I hope Zuffa is smart enough not to waste a spot on him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9VlXlTPA4Y

how is it "wasting" a spot?

even if he loses he's still an exciting fighter and i'm pretty sure he's mexican which would let them stick him on some mexico card (iirc ufc 180?)

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Yuriy posted:

how is it "wasting" a spot?

Because they cut people for nothing now and Garcia is trash?

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Because they cut people for nothing now and Garcia is trash?

please look at how many FOTN bonuses Lenny Garcia has and if you havent seen it, watch his tkz fight from WEC

robbery or not that is a fun loving fight

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yuriy posted:

please look at how many FOTN bonuses Lenny Garcia has and if you havent seen it, watch his tkz fight from WEC

robbery or not that is a fun loving fight

I have seen that fight. It does not change my opinion that Leonard Garcia is bad at fighting.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

even when he loses it owns

refer to 2nd TKZ fight where he got twister'd

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Yuriy posted:

even when he loses it owns

refer to 2nd TKZ fight where he got twister'd

Ok let's keep TKZ in the UFC and let him continue to do awesome things. Deal.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Leonard Garcia being comprehensively outstruck and outgrappled by Cody McKenzie was 15 of the best minutes of my life.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006
I haven't watched a lot of fights, but I watched Leonard García vs. Cody McKenzie.

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

cisneros posted:

I haven't watched a lot of fights, but I watched Leonard García vs. Cody McKenzie.

You will tell your children about it someday.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

yall a pack of haters against lenny g and his next level striking

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There's infinitely better "fun" fighters to champion than loving Garcia.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

individual865 posted:

Source? Last I heard, the people behind it had fled to Russia, and the club was destroyed.

oh snap. I thought were still doing vigilante stuff or whatever.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Leonard Garcia being comprehensively outstruck and outgrappled by Cody McKenzie was 15 of the best minutes of my life.

Also when he was badly outclassed twice by Nam Phan, a fighter who then went on to lose multiple 10-8 rounds to Jimy Hettes and Dennis Siver.

Street Horrrsing
Mar 24, 2010

Godwalker of The Grateful Prisoner

Garcia is the perfect kind of fighter to spice up a fight pass card, especially one that has a lot of unknown or unproven prospects. Unbelievably, there is definitely room in the ufc for Leonard Garcia in 2014.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
I can't wait to stay up until 5 a.m. to watch Leonard Garcia lose a split decision to some Indonesian guy with a 3-2 record in Macau

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Leonard Garcia is not an exciting fighter, don't let his wins over cans say otherwise. He throws many punches but nothing lands, he's just a brown midget matt riddle

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

1st AD posted:

Leonard Garcia is not an exciting fighter, don't let his wins over cans say otherwise. He throws many punches but nothing lands, he's just a brown midget matt riddle

how many fotns does he have?

clearly either dana or whoever is in charge of this poo poo disagree

matt riddle also owns though, shame about draconian testing

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Leonard Garcia is exciting in that he can take a punch and it's fun to watch better fighters show off their striking skills.

Also that version of Leonard Garcia you're thinking about peaked in the 2nd Nam Phan fight. His last 3 UFC losses were not fun, just sort of sad.

Bubba Smith fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 14, 2014

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

and then he became a revitalized fighter in Legacy, getting a few finishes including a super exciting head kick KO

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Please rewatch the video I posted above. I'm not known for my insightful fight analysis, but allow me to direct your attention to any moment of the fight. I rest my case.

Garcia isn't even looking at his opponent when he gets the KO. His striking percentage is literally better when he puts his head down and swings like he's Daredevil.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

and then he became a revitalized fighter in Legacy, getting a few finishes including a super exciting head kick KO

Provide proof or this can't have happened.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Leonard Garcia should only fight those Brazilian knock-offs of real fighters, like Wanderson Solva or whatever.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Provide proof or this can't have happened.

LobsterMobster posted:

Leonard Garcia should only fight those Brazilian knock-offs of real fighters, like Wanderson Solva or whatever.

i'm okay with this as long as he's making money and seen by people doing cool stuff

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Yuriy posted:

i'm okay with this as long as he's making money and seen by people doing cool stuff

Sweet tits dude is still in permanent Wanderlei hook hook hook hook mode.

I find it entertaining.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Captain Log posted:

I find it entertaining.

this is all i want people to appreciate about lenny g, he's fun to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

Captain Log posted:

Sweet tits dude is still in permanent Wanderlei hook hook hook hook mode.

I find it entertaining.

I wonder if he's able to pick things up directly in front of him in his everyday life or if he has to look at the floor and sort of angle his fist in a circular motion toward the object.