Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I woke up and saw the Rayman trophy and now i cant sleep because my mind is broken thanks sakurai

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Luchudor.

HalfHazard
Mar 29, 2010

give me luchachu or give me death

.... or hawlucha, i'd be down for that

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Calling it now we're getting Sceptile to promote ORAS and complete the starter set.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Cerony posted:

Calling it now we're getting Sceptile to promote ORAS and complete the starter set.

Considering the roster was finalized before X/Y started development, leaving a spot open for a character from it and working with early concepts, I doubt a game that wasn't even greenlit till after X/Y's release would have any consideration into the roster.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
But we need Grass representation :colbert:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Everyone knows if we get one it'd just be Blaziken.

It'd be too easy to base on Captain Falcon.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
Three different Captain Falcons across three series.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
...Am I the only one who's vaguely worried it'll out to be something like the vague plasma shape of a player avatar from Just Dance? I mean, it is Ubisoft's big success story on a Nintendo console...

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Astro Nut posted:

...Am I the only one who's vaguely worried it'll out to be something like the vague plasma shape of a player avatar from Just Dance? I mean, it is Ubisoft's big success story on a Nintendo console...

Only reason I think it won't be that is because of WiiFitTrainer being around to be the weird human pasty person.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Astro Nut posted:

Double reveal: Female Just Dance Avatar and a Rayman Rabbid, along with the unveil of all currently unconfirmed veterans as assist trophies

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
In: The Raving Rabbits.
Still out: Ridley, forever.

Suck my anus Ridley fans, you've probably never even beat the first game.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I'm so loving confused, someone hold me.

Please give us Jade from Beyond Good and Evil.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Am I really the only one who thinks that some intern probably dun goofed and put the update up before the Rayman trailer dropped? The way it reads seems to indicate it was supposed to come out after the announcement.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

mind the walrus posted:

Am I really the only one who thinks that some intern probably dun goofed and put the update up before the Rayman trailer dropped? The way it reads seems to indicate it was supposed to come out after the announcement.

Honestly a small part of me thinks this is the case, just due to how bizarre this whole situation is.

Edit: Like imagine if we don't even get a ubi character today. We just have Rayman floating around in limbo for god knows why.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Rayman suuuuuuuucks. Ugly way to visually busy character with poochyesque design from overrated games.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

Well...

This completely throws me off on anything I expected from Sakurai on a pic of the day.

Are we going to get a Simon Belmont trophy? Bayonetta? Goemon?....Boom blox!?!?

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I could see Nintendo running a deal where they went to every company that asked for their mascot to be in, and instead offered their character be in the game as a trophy. I doubt it's just that, but it'd be a good deal.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Cleretic posted:

I could see Nintendo running a deal where they went to every company that asked for their mascot to be in, and instead offered their character be in the game as a trophy. I doubt it's just that, but it'd be a good deal.

Crash Bandicoot appears in a game for the first time in years, but only as a trophy.

There would be wailing and gnashing of teeth for years.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

greatn posted:

Rayman suuuuuuuucks. Ugly way to visually busy character with poochyesque design from overrated games.

There is no such thing as a wrong opinion, but you're drat close. Rayman Origins was fantastic.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Pixeltendo posted:

Well...

This completely throws me off on anything I expected from Sakurai on a pic of the day.

Are we going to get a Simon Belmont trophy? Bayonetta? Goemon?....Boom blox!?!?

Shrek?!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

loving GOKU

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
Progducto retires from smash commentating, and instead uploads his consciousness to the Nintendo Network and is now the only adversary in every Wii U game.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Its gonna own when its like, metaknight

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

The way it reads, Sakurai talks about reference materials for a trophy model, which doesn't make a lick of sense if he and his team had already designed a fighter model for Rayman.

But then again, Sakurai could literally say Rayman wasn't playable and we'd still get a deluge of "IS RAYMAN THE NEWEST FIGHTER??" because Sakurai emits an aura that obliterates people's reading comprehension.

Supercar Gautier fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Jul 14, 2014

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Supercar Gautier posted:

The way it reads, Sakurai talks about reference materials for a trophy model, which doesn't make a lick of sense if he and his team had already designed a fighter model for Rayman.

Unless he's a 2d fighter ala mr game and watch.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Wonder how he feels about Diddy Kong, a character created in Britain.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

greatn posted:

Haha Rayman Legends is better than the last 7 years of Mario games

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

greatn posted:

I found it. The man with horrible opinions.

Edit: Thinking on it now wonder if he was planned to be a fighter, then the delay happened and Rayman got downgraded.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Haha Rayman Legends is better than the last 7 years of Mario games

Rayman Legends was good but lets not jump the gun.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Mario Galaxy came out 7 years ago and none of the games since then have been better than Legends, I meant what I said :v:

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Mario Galaxy came out 7 years ago and none of the games since then have been better than Legends, I meant what I said :v:
No, the proper ranking (if we exclude the Galaxies) still is Mario 3D World > Rayman Legends > all of the NSMB games :colbert:

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Shelf Adventure posted:

Unless he's a 2d fighter ala mr game and watch.

-Why would he be? Rayman isn't a flat character, he's just portrayed in a painterly style sometimes.
-G&W's trophies are 2D, so if Rayman were 2D his trophies would be too

I swear to god, this reminds me of this post, where Sakurai explicitly said there'd be no story mode, and droves of people immediately declared that the screenshot must be from story mode. They pulled all kinds of weird grammar lawyer stuff to explain why the opposite of Sakurai's words was true.

druesnant
Dec 2, 2012

greatn posted:

I will fight you

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I hope we're getting a Rayman Legends stage.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Astro Nut posted:

Oh, there are Chorus Men in the game... The leaker just forgot to mention what series they were from :unsmigghh:

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Supercar Gautier posted:

-Why would he be? Rayman isn't a flat character, he's just portrayed in a painterly style sometimes.
-G&W's trophies are 2D, so if Rayman were 2D his trophies would be too

I swear to god, this reminds me of this post, where Sakurai explicitly said there'd be no story mode, and droves of people immediately declared that the screenshot must be from story mode. They pulled all kinds of weird grammar lawyer stuff to explain why the opposite of Sakurai's words was true.

Because his latest outings have been in 2D?

Whatever, I don't even think he'll be in anyway.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
If the character reveal is any if the leaked characters it'll be disappointing compared to Rayman. On one hand Sakurai's trolling is funny on the other hand I really wanna play as Rayman now :(

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't wait!!!!!!! :aaaaa: :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
No one wanted Rayman

• Locked thread