Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Beach Bum posted:

I dunno man maybe I'm just an E30 fanboy but that car looks pretty legit. If you look at the rear camber it's not ridiculous which means it's had somewhat involved modding to correct the poo poo that is the semi-trailing arm suspension geometry back there when you get low. Add in the GCs it claims to have and I bet it would be pretty fun at an AutoX.

It's slammed, has an unnecessary roofrack, lots of the usual stickers but the reason I put it here isn't that, we've seen that before. This guy managed to wedge Ferrari 348 wheels under it. You can't really see from the picture but the offset is so out of whack the hub extends back about 6" before it even gets to the mounting point. I have no idea how he hasn't sheared off what must be the hugely long bolts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

Beach Bum posted:

I dunno man maybe I'm just an E30 fanboy but that car looks pretty legit. If you look at the rear camber it's not ridiculous which means it's had somewhat involved modding to correct the poo poo that is the semi-trailing arm suspension geometry back there when you get low. Add in the GCs it claims to have and I bet it would be pretty fun at an AutoX.

Agreed, I think the wheels are too big. That's about how mine looked when I bought it with 16s and ie race Springs. Looks much better with the 15s I have now.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Automotive Insanity › Post terrible car stuff in this thread (None of us can agree on what's actually terrible)

I need to get a picture of the DSM covered in graffiti paint and anti Obama propaganda near me tomorrow. Holy poo poo that thing is something else :allears:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Noooooooooooooo!

You poor poor car.
Whats the big deal? Paint looks original, dudes just having some fun with his steelies.

I mean I guess they could be repainted again, looks like its chipping off.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Das Volk posted:

has an unnecessary roofrack,

How do you know? Do you follow this guy around 24/7 just to see if he's using it?

(Why yes, I do have a roof rack on at least one of my vehicles. It's well used and could probably stand to be taken off and refinished)

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Panty Saluter posted:

The 500L is just a re-skinned PT Cruiser anyway :barf:

This is wrong and doesn't make sense.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Linedance posted:

right so I think this car is needlessly getting poo poo on by goons, The paint job is really neat (though xzzy is right, it would be better if it was the whole car),

The paint job may be an interesting piece of art but it has absolutely thematically nothing to do with the rest of the mods on the car, from the sharkmouth to the boso radiators to the anime vinyl appliques

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Snowdens Secret posted:

The paint job may be an interesting piece of art but it has absolutely thematically nothing to do with the rest of the mods on the car, from the sharkmouth to the boso radiators to the anime vinyl appliques

Oh no!

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

AI is cool. But now terrible ugly 'ironic' bullshit is cool too. The current state of affairs is the result of these two incompatible ideologies meeting head-first.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

angryhampster posted:

This is wrong and doesn't make sense.

It comes off the same line. Close enough. :colbert:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Slavvy posted:

AI is cool. But now terrible ugly 'ironic' bullshit is cool too. The current state of affairs is the result of these two incompatible ideologies meeting head-first.

AI is cool?

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Panty Saluter posted:

But it doesn't. It's assembled in Serbia. It's not a product of the merger.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

*flicks ciga.... aw gently caress it never mind.
I'm indifferent on the motif, it's clearly got a talented painter behind it but would have worked better on a car with more real estate. I think we're giving far too many fucks about it though

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Panty Saluter posted:

loving poo poo are you spouting?

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Panty Saluter posted:

The only mopar the chassis shares anything with is the new Cherokee.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
I had heard it rolled off the same line as the Cruiser and it dovetailed nicely with my disdain for the car so that's what I'm going to believe.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Panty Saluter posted:

I had heard it rolled off the same line as the Cruiser and it dovetailed nicely with my disdain for the car so that's what I'm going to believe.

Might want to get your eyes and hearing checked, Helen Keller.

:thumbsup:

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Wow, I thought we had disdain for terrible car stuff here but I guess I was wrong!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Panty Saluter posted:

Wow, I thought we had disdain for terrible car stuff here but I guess I was wrong!!

Disdain and making poo poo up aren't the same thing.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Panty Saluter posted:

I'm pretty sure there's equal disdain for making poo poo up, then standing firm in it.

edit: Congrats, you are terrible car stuff

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Jul 14, 2014

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

GutBomb posted:

Disdain and making poo poo up aren't the same thing.

No, but bad cars deserve whatever they get. In fact I'm going to start believing the 500L is carved from elephant dung and aborted fetuses because it is.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Panty Saluter posted:

What a baby, how about saying "guess I was mistaken" and then shutting up?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

What a baby, how about saying "guess I was mistaken" and then shutting up?

Oh, you're no fun

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Panty Saluter posted:

Oh, you're no fun

Or you could just go

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Geirskogul posted:

Or you could just go

No, I think I'll stay.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Panty Saluter posted:

No, but bad cars deserve whatever they get. In fact I'm going to start believing the 500L is carved from elephant dung and aborted fetuses because it is.

Ah, the Hobby Lobby method...

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

What, exactly is so bad about the 500L?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Fayez Butts posted:

Honestly the only thing I know about it is that the footwell is too narrow for my feet. While I do have fairly big feet (12-13 sneaker) I have driven plenty of much smaller cars that don't have that problem. So if I can't safely operate a clutch that kind of guts a car's usefulness for me.

e: according to my wife we sat in a regular 500. Maybe the L is better but I have no idea.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Fayez Butts posted:

I've seen one in person and they're very ungainly. Too tall, too narrow, and trying far too hard to be a "butch" Abarth. Note, I've never been in one.

tobu
Aug 20, 2004

Bunny-Bee makes me happy!

Panty Saluter posted:

Honestly the only thing I know about it is that the footwell is too narrow for my feet. While I do have fairly big feet (12-13 sneaker) I have driven plenty of much smaller cars that don't have that problem. So if I can't safely operate a clutch that kind of guts a car's usefulness for me.

e: according to my wife we sat in a regular 500. Maybe the L is better but I have no idea.

I drive a regular 500 and can confirm the pedal position and footwell is skewed and small. My feet aren't quite as big as yours, 11-12, but if my 500 had a clutch instead of flappy paddles I wouldn't be able to drive it comfortably.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Fayez Butts posted:

Having eyesight makes it pretty bad for me, I dunno.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The big appeal of the resurrected Mini Cooper and 500 were that they were quirky cute little cars that were fun to drive. The Countryman, Paceman, and 500L try to deform that same cutesy small car styling onto a bigger SUV body and look awful.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

tobu posted:

I drive a regular 500 and can confirm the pedal position and footwell is skewed and small. My feet aren't quite as big as yours, 11-12, but if my 500 had a clutch instead of flappy paddles I wouldn't be able to drive it comfortably.

This could be describing pretty much any Italian car (at least the run of the mill ones, never driven an exotic)

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

angryhampster posted:

The only mopar the chassis shares anything with is the new Cherokee.

You mean the Renegade.

The North American 500 is made in the same plant in Toluca as the PT cruiser was.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
I've always held a disdain for doing aesthetic modifications under some sort of pretense. That's what the whole ricer thing was derided for, at least by people who weren't racists as well - it was all about form over function, pretending the car was something it wasn't. Hellaflush and all its iterations is built all around pretense, and one needs to look no further than the stupid stickers and general attitude of the owners to know that it's done for attention based on a pretense. People don't rip on minitrucks or lowriders for example, because the owners and the groups that surround them by and large aren't assholes about their hobby.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?

Das Volk posted:

I've always held a disdain for doing aesthetic modifications under some sort of pretense. That's what the whole ricer thing was derided for, at least by people who weren't racists as well - it was all about form over function, pretending the car was something it wasn't. Hellaflush and all its iterations is built all around pretense, and one needs to look no further than the stupid stickers and general attitude of the owners to know that it's done for attention based on a pretense. People don't rip on minitrucks or lowriders for example, because the owners and the groups that surround them by and large aren't assholes about their hobby.

Counterpoint: when low riders can't clear dips in the road

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Throatwarbler posted:

You mean the Renegade.

The North American 500 is made in the same plant in Toluca as the PT cruiser was.

Oops -- renegade is correct.

Echotic
Oct 20, 2013
Not quite sure where this belongs...

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Echotic posted:

Not quite sure where this belongs...

Roaming the streets of Liberia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I can't explain why, but I happen to like the 500L. It's ugly and ungainly, but I just... like... it.

We have a little red 500 that my girlfriend drives, manual base model with no options other than mopar (hah) exhaust and intake, and it's all sorts of stupid fun. She calls it "beep beep" and it's very fitting.

We're shopping for a third (large) vehicle right now, and if it weren't for needing to fit 3 kids in there comfortably for long distances, the 500L would be on the list for sure.