Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

At least these are pretty awesome looking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

ten_twentyfour posted:

It's not a boat shoe it's a driving moccasin. I already have boat shoes.

With all due respect, I think this would make an awesome thread title.

Vrikkian
Apr 26, 2010

I think I'm having a stroke...
Everyone has way too many shoes for different occasions. Boat shoes? Driving moccasins? Holy hell. Have some dress shoes, a couple pairs of sneakers, running shoes, and flip flops. DONE.

Club Sandwich
May 25, 2012

Vrikkian posted:

Everyone has way too many shoes for different occasions. Boat shoes? Driving moccasins? Holy hell. Have some dress shoes, a couple pairs of sneakers, running shoes, and flip flops. DONE.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Without flip flops what do you wear to the pool/beach, or just to grab the newspaper in the morning?

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch

beanieson posted:

Without flip flops what do you wear to the pool/beach, or just to grab the newspaper in the morning?

These are my newspaper shoes:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Pssssssp. Your shoes are full of poo.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy
I got these to take out the trash and wear to the pool:

They were on clearance for 50 cents and are super comfortable.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I got these to take out the trash and wear to the pool:

They were on clearance for 50 cents and are super comfortable.

I used to have a fuckin' sweet pair of Colt 45 sunglasses but I left them on a train :(

David Copperfield
Mar 14, 2004

im david copperfield

Robawesome posted:

Holy lord these are hideous. Return them and get some Sperry Topsiders or something for a decent-looking boat shoe

I love how you got so worked up over the most normal-looking shoe he posted.

And then, he did too.

goku chewbacca
Dec 14, 2002
What are some fashionable casual shoes to wear with chino shorts if you hate boat shoes and think sneaker fashion is stupid? I've already got white canvas sneaks, but I'm looking for something smarter. Espadrilles?

For reference, I usually wear beeswax or suede desert boots with jeans and chinos pants.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

goku chewbacca posted:

What are some fashionable casual shoes to wear with chino shorts if you hate boat shoes and think sneaker fashion is stupid? I've already got white canvas sneaks, but I'm looking for something smarter. Espadrilles?

For reference, I usually wear beeswax or suede desert boots with jeans and chinos pants.

Driving mocassins

Derbys or loafers (with or without tassels) with short/no socks

Aargh
Sep 8, 2004

MaliciousOnion posted:

DRIVING MOCCASINS.

Surely a driving show would be more along the lines of a Puma Speedcat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

cyberia posted:

I was having a look around at my local goodwill store and found this beauty:

Now I just have to find a hook strong enough to hang it on the wall.

Attach straps. Wear it during sex.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

goku chewbacca posted:

Something like this maybe, somewhere between sneaker and espadrilles?

https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/de/andalusier-t-500-vmm

Personally I still find more dressy sneakers pretty perfect:

https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/de/trainer-t-512-vst-vmh-c

but since you don't like them or boat shoes I would simply buy another pair of desert boot style shoes that don't look like yet another pair of Clarks, like this for example:

https://www.ludwig-reiter.com/de/adriatic-t-557-vst

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

Adidas.com was having a 50% off sale.. Soooo

MC-X1

ZX 100

ZX 500 OG

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Cause my tummy is upset :(

Mean Bean
Jan 19, 2012

My blood type is Folgers.
Some of these bad boys for the dogs:

From this shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/MilkAndBones
In looooove with their stuff <3

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
I bought a set of arms to mount my old Nikonos strobes to my new Ikelite underwater camera housing for my DSLR. I also ordered the cable to sync them up. I'm really hoping everything gets here for Friday so I can use it when I dive at the Devil's Den Cavern on Saturday.

(Not this exact arm setup, but similar)

Bonus picture of the rad cavern.

BobFossil
Jun 17, 2005

Note to self: I hate whites.
:3

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Cause my tummy is upset :(

In case you're not aware, this will turn your poo poo jet-black.

Just giving you a heads-up since that can freak people the gently caress out if they aren't prepared for it.

I know it did for me the first time I took it.

Irritated Goat
Mar 12, 2005

This post is pathetic.

Gorilla Salad posted:

Attach straps. Wear it during sex.

Thank you. This is glorious. I want pictures. SFW ones but pictures.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

In case you're not aware, this will turn your poo poo jet-black.

Just giving you a heads-up since that can freak people the gently caress out if they aren't prepared for it.

I know it did for me the first time I took it.

Yea, they changed the formula for the liquid so it has some weird hosed up sweet aftertaste. I decided the chewables would work for me after that. If I'm already nauseous I don't wanna puke pepto.

The hosed up thing about the pills is they will turn your teeth black. you brush em and it goes away, but boy it will wake you the gently caress up in the morning when you go to look in the mirror and suddenly discover you've been doing meth while sleeping.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

250cm of Ikea Stockholm cloth, serving now as a tablecloth. Had some really stuffy 60's/70's ones before.

Also got some striped lime-white Sofia cloth from Ikea for the same purpose.

I've been trying different curtains in the kitchen but nothing has worked so far.

king of the bongo
Apr 26, 2008

If you're brown, GET DOWN!
Try some blinds. The angular lines will go with the rest of the hard edges you have going on.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

leidend posted:

Help I'm getting sucked into the Samsung ecosystem against my will!!!

Gear Fit. Massive price drop + don't give a gently caress about fitness gimmicks, just looks and notifications + massive gadget nerd, gotta try one wearable before they go the way of 3D, right? Plus it'll disincentivize me from buying a new phone before my contract is up. Hopefully.

I almost waited for the Moto 360 until I heard it'd be $400+ and realized I don't actually like round watch faces.

Couple pages back, but the 360 is going to be $250.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The black pair.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

Couple pages back, but the 360 is going to be $250.

Do you have a source (I can't find a confirmation) and is that Canuck bucks? I already returned the Fit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

leidend posted:

Do you have a source (I can't find a confirmation) and is that Canuck bucks? I already returned the Fit.

Motorola held a contest to design a watch face for it not too long ago. One of the prizes was a Moto 360. The contest details listed the retail value as $250.

It's not as official as a press statement but it's a pretty good indicator. I've seen contests oversell the value of a prize, but never under.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

My old Adidas were falling apart after 3 months, and they weren't in stock when I went to exchange. So I grabbed something bright!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

My old Adidas were falling apart after 3 months, and they weren't in stock when I went to exchange. So I grabbed something bright!

I have very similar ones but in womens.

Good luck with breaking them in. I get awful heel rubs when I go on runs. Its getting better now that they have softened up a bit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Hahaha, I love this :3: Good choice!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

A book about the only known person to have been born in a North Korean concentration camp that managed to escape.

His life in the camp, his escape, and his transition to a normal society is pretty insane.

Since he was born and raised in the camp, he believed the rest of the world was the same, so he had no desire to escape.
It was only when a man who lived on the outside came into the camp, and told him stories of the outside world that made him want to escape.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

my love of hideous shoes wants these sooo bad

crosshatch
Dec 10, 2006

I bought this table

and four of these chairs

Now I just need to get the last of my moving boxes out of the dining room and I'll be able to eat.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Not a pair of shoes or furniture, but this:

A Pathfinder II inflatable kayak - gonna be spending my holidays on the "rivers" (Denmark doesn't have any rivers, but more like streams up to 10 meters wide) around my home.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

same

crosshatch posted:

I bought this table

and four of these chairs

Now I just need to get the last of my moving boxes out of the dining room and I'll be able to eat.

These are lovely pieces of furniture.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Phaeoacremonium posted:

I think the last time I bought anything for my kitchen was around 2008. Just finally got a nice heavy cast iron pan:

I also got an induction cooker, but I'm still waiting for it to show up.

Sweet purchase on the de buyer gear.
I've had mine about 12 months and it is awesome! 32cm and 20cm pans cast iron because non stick is for scrubs

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Phaeoacremonium posted:

I think the last time I bought anything for my kitchen was around 2008. Just finally got a nice heavy cast iron pan:

I also got an induction cooker, but I'm still waiting for it to show up.
Isn't this a wok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keetron
Sep 26, 2008

Check out my enormous testicles in my TFLC log!

McSpergin posted:

Sweet purchase on the de buyer gear.
I've had mine about 12 months and it is awesome! 32cm and 20cm pans cast iron because non stick is for scrubs

This is steel, and not cast iron. There is a huge difference in how well you can fend of attackers drop the pan.
http://www.debuyer.com/product.php?id=778&cat=63&background=orange3&start=2

But yeah, pretty goddamn awesome, I have a 32cm steel pan from Inno cuisonno and it a heavy fucker that nobody but me can use. This is also the reason I have it, a friend of my mother wasn't using it and it was rathering rust and dust in her basement.