Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

WadeBartender posted:

... something I noticed from the trailer, are Ike's eruption flames blue now?

It'd be consistent with his Japanese title of Hero of the Blue Flames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Falcon killed Chrom.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Ometeotl posted:

Someone suggested that the leakerguy saw Robin and thought it was Shulk D:

I really hope this isn't the case cause that's a massive downgrade.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Supercar Gautier posted:

Captain Falcon laying waste to Ylisse is now one of FE: Awakening's canon alternate timelines.

I want this Nintendo. Make one last dlc for Fire Emblem Awakening where you can recruit Captain Falcon!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Ometeotl posted:

I missed the live reveal and when I loaded up the site I for real thought it was Shulk at first glance.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Chrom was the straight man in Awakening. His role in the story was to react to other, more interesting characters. Him being Robin's final smash is highly appropriate with that in mind.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

How would this even work? Leakerguy saw it out of the corner of his eye and somehow recognized him as SHULK FROM XENBLADE despite having a completely different outfit and not having the same weapon?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

How would this even work? Leakerguy saw it out of the corner of his eye and somehow recognized him as SHULK FROM XENBLADE despite having a completely different outfit and not having the same weapon?
Do they even have the same hair color? Robin's hair is white and Shulk's is a dirty blonde.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
What would Chrom even do differently than Marth already does? They even have the same build and everything, so if people are upset that Chrom isn't a game he would literally be the exact same character as Marth. At least Lucina is nimble and well, a girl.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Oh, so now we stop believing that stupid leak? You people disappoint me, I had that thing's number for months.

I can't say much on the subject of the actual trailer that hasn't already been said; I haven't played FE:A, so I can't say much beyond 'yeah, Robin looks pretty rad'. I do love that it was completely unrelated to Rayman or anything Ubisoft, though. That update really was just to gently caress with us.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Flameingblack posted:

What would Chrom even do differently than Marth already does? They even have the same build and everything, so if people are upset that Chrom isn't a game he would literally be the exact same character as Marth. At least Lucina is nimble and well, a girl.
Uhh, Chrom's build is way closer to Ike. He's a lot more muscular and a bit taller than Marth.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Ometeotl posted:

Don't buy it. With him getting the names right on things like Mii Fighter, I think if he had any knowledge it was extremely limited and he possibly coated on some extra things for shits and giggles, to see people trip over themselves to defend his leak.

I think a Rhythm Heaven rep is still coming, because of the ghosts in Smash Run and the fact that every enemy aside from SSE ones is from a franchise with a character (Pooka is for Pac-man).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

chaos rhames posted:

Finally I can play as the most insane strategist ever to feature in a nintendo game.

I just hope I can give her crazy purple hair and an eyepatch like in my Lunatic run

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Not a big fan of Fire Emblem, so this was a pretty "meh" character reveal to me. I guess the FE fanbase must be feeling pretty spoiled at this point though.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Terper posted:

Maybe, but I doubt we'll get different body sizes for them. But maybe they'll surprise me, I want my daughter and mother tag team.

:3:

Probably for the best that doesn't happen, otherwise every match against Samus will end with her cornering Robin and asking questions about The Baby.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hopefully people in this thread will stop being so loving smug about the supposedly definitely true leak now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Rirse posted:

I want this Nintendo. Make one last dlc for Fire Emblem Awakening where you can recruit Captain Falcon!
Fire Emblem: Final Smash

Just a Fire Emblem game with the Super Smash characters as units. Sells billions. Nintendo is saved.

The Timely Howard
Dec 26, 2008

ASK ME WHAT MAKES ME THINK I'M SO FUNKY
We need gifs of Lucina almost getting wasted by Falcon.

Everything he did just had so much weight to it

falcon you sexy idiot hurry up and show me your moves

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Cleretic posted:

Oh, so now we stop believing that stupid leak? You people disappoint me, I had that thing's number for months.

I can't say much on the subject of the actual trailer that hasn't already been said; I haven't played FE:A, so I can't say much beyond 'yeah, Robin looks pretty rad'. I do love that it was completely unrelated to Rayman or anything Ubisoft, though. That update really was just to gently caress with us.

play FE:A

Zain
Dec 6, 2009

It's only forever, not long at all

Rudoku posted:

Yeah...that's her thing. You have played Awakening, haven't you?

Never played Fire Embleman at all. Let alone Awakening.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Ometeotl posted:

I loving love that people are buying this.

Sorry y'all, I mistook Mewtwo for the Chorus Men. Please understand.

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

TaurusOxford posted:

Not a big fan of Fire Emblem, so this was a pretty "meh" character reveal to me. I guess the FE fanbase must be feeling pretty spoiled at this point though.

I'm just excited because everyone thought we'd never get three FE reps, let alone four! The fact that we got Lucina over Chrom is icing on the cake.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Everyone in this thread needs to play FE:A if they haven't already

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sinking belle posted:

I loving love that people are jumping to this conclusion.

Sorry y'all, I mistook Mewtwo for the Chorus Men. Please understand.
He only got Wii Fit Trainer right because he mistook Zero Suit Samus for her.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
Those Fire Emblem characters look pretty cool but I was just excited to see my boy F-Zero Pilot #07 again. Maybe you will get another game some day... :gbsmith:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Hahahhaha, holy poo poo.

Smash 4 is going to be amazing.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Hopefully people in this thread will stop being so loving smug about the supposedly definitely true leak now.
I don't understand how the tap dancing troupe from Rhythm Heaven was supposed to work as a character in the first place

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't understand how the tap dancing troupe from Rhythm Heaven was supposed to work as a character in the first place

I have faith in Sakurai.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Endorph posted:

Uhh, Chrom's build is way closer to Ike. He's a lot more muscular and a bit taller than Marth.

They both even have Aether, which I guess Lucina just won't have if she's a clone of Marth.

Fishbag
Dec 2, 2013
Wow. More crazy haired Japanese swordsman. And one's a clone of the first crazy haired Japanese swordsman. Cool diversity, Nintendo.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

And Pac-man won't be in because what is he even gonna do, eat stuff as a pie?!?

Wind God Sety
Sep 2, 2011

"I think you really should be in the ocean..."

So that's what I been doing wrong!

Has that ever been an issue in Smash before?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Momomo posted:

They both even have Aether, which I guess Lucina just won't have if she's a clone of Marth.

It is literally impossible for Lucina not to learn Aether in FE:A so I bet she has it as a final smash instead of what Marth has.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I'M SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW THIS IS LITERALLY EXACTLY WHAT I WANTED

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

TaurusOxford posted:

With 4 reps? Yeah, kinda. :allears:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
This image is on the Smashbros.com server:

http://www.smashbros.com/sp/us/images/index/image/character-lucina.png
So Lucina officially counts as a newcomer, just to quash any doubt. Either way, I'm sure Sakurai will provide elaboration over the coming days.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Fishbag posted:

Wow. More crazy haired Japanese swordsman. And one's a clone of the first crazy haired Japanese swordsman. Cool diversity, Nintendo.
Wow. 3 Italian plumbers. And one's a clone of the first Italian plumber. Cool diversity, Nintendo.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Robin's mechanics seem neater the more I think about 'em. They're throwing around alot of different spells and at some points they have the Levin Sword and others the Bronze Sword. Seems like some kind of Olimar-esque thing where you use a special to pull out a random book/the Levin Sword and only get a limited amount of uses out of them before they break, which seems like a super clever way to integrate Fire Emblem mechanics.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
If you count alt-costumes and Sheik (I do), this game has 12 female characters to choose from. Not half bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neraren
Sep 15, 2006
Random Nerd #753897

The shippers are coming.

• Locked thread