Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Clugg posted:

Yeah unless his bike literally fails like you said I can't see anyone else winning. He has fantastic bike control so I can't see him crashing out, and now that Contador's gone there's nobody left to challenge him in the mountains.

Great finish, too good.

Plenty of big days in the mountains left, anything can happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Tbf I'm not sure froome or contador would have beaten him based on this. Lo squalo owns.

Nibalis time was 30 seconds slower than Froomes on this climb

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Today was a lot harder than the last time they came up here. I think Contador would have been faster, he was strongest and they all knew it.

Clugg
Apr 21, 2005

Tbf I'm not sure froome or contador would have beaten him based on this. Lo squalo owns.

Contador maybe not but after seeing what Froome did to Quintana at Mont Ventoux last year I'm gonna have to disagree. We'll never know now though and maybe it's for the best.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Welp, guess I'll be cheering for Porte to get on the podium then.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Pocket posted:

Today was a lot harder than the last time they came up here. I think Contador would have been faster, he was strongest and they all knew it.

Yeah but Froome had to help the turd Bradley Wiggins (except for the last part where he said gently caress it), he could have gone even faster

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Fanatic posted:

Welp, guess I'll be cheering for Porte to get on the podium then.

It's not okay to cheer for Porte, because he's an rear end in a top hat and everyone hates him

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.
Jurgen Van den Broeck said that Contador tried to pass him during the descent taking some risks and then fell a pothole.

DONT TOUCH THE PC fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jul 14, 2014

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Nibalis time was 30 seconds slower than Froomes on this climb

Lol, that loving mutant piece of poo poo I'm glad he's gone.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

awww Gallopin :smith:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

TJ put 3 seconds into Porte today. Btw when Froome did this last wasn't it so hot the road was melting?

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
That was a crazy stage, Nibali is really impressive in this tour.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

LeMond thinks its carbon rims causing all these crashes.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

Nibali will join a short list of riders (Anquetil, Contador, Gimondi, Hinault, Merckxckxc) who have won all three Grand Tours :agesilaus:

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

I'm curious, how?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

He's real bad on tv isnt he. But he is probably right there

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

IndustrialApe posted:

I'm curious, how?

He was saying you get really inconsistent braking especially when they heat up. He pointed out that these guys are all pros and something has gone wrong if they keep crash in on relatively simple descents. Where contador crashed was a straight.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006

Van den Broeck on Sporza posted:

It was Contador's own fault. He stepped on the pedals to overtake and rode in a hole

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

He was saying you get really inconsistent braking especially when they heat up. He pointed out that these guys are all pros and something has gone wrong if they keep crash in on relatively simple descents. Where contador crashed was a straight.

While I've heard that carbon wheels have worse braking than aluminum rims, they've been using them for years now.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Do they use cork pads? they will play up mightily in wet conditions.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
I got called away to a working session right after the first big descent. Does anyone know when the NBC iPad app replays are available? I want to pick up where I left off if possible. Looks like an intense back half of the race that I missed!

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Fractured Tibia for Contador. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-fractured-tibia-in-tour-de-france-crash

He rode up a Cat 1 climb with a broken leg.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Fractured Tibia for Contador. http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-fractured-tibia-in-tour-de-france-crash

Tramadol is a hell of a drug.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

TJ put 3 seconds into Porte today. Btw when Froome did this last wasn't it so hot the road was melting?

Yeah I think so. If you watch the highlights of that race he could easily have done it quicker but he had to help Wiggins, he ended in a sprint to beat Evans, Wiggins etc

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Hegay posted:

Yeah I think so. If you watch the highlights of that race he could easily have done it quicker but he had to help Wiggins, he ended in a sprint to beat Evans, Wiggins etc

It was disgusting, I remember fuming at the time, melting down on the forums as a bunch of people here called Sky a clean team, shaking a little bit just thinking about it now.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Sky is a clean team. hth

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

Withnail posted:

Sky is a clean team. hth

I've got a bridge to sell to you.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

African AIDS cum posted:

It was disgusting, I remember fuming at the time, melting down on the forums as a bunch of people here called Sky a clean team, shaking a little bit just thinking about it now.

This but unironically.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

African AIDS cum posted:

Mont Ventoux is a trigger word for me

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

Withnail posted:

Sky is a clean team. hth

They might be, now

GrimSqueaker
Sep 26, 2011

Pvt Dancer posted:

They might be, now

Nah, Porte still rode a better time on Madone than Armstrong. He's just not that great a responder and the main program went to Froome.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

Pocket posted:

Ouch

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 10 (Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles)

Full Results

Look like vino was right when he said the tour could be over after la planche des belles filles :

EN - Summary - Stage 10 (Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles)
EN - Hot news of the day - Stage 10
EN - The Flamme rouge - The last kilometre - Stage 10 (Mulhouse > La Planche des Belles Filles)

Edit : Bjarne Riis updates on Alberto’s crash, exit and status : “Alberto crashed on a fast and straight part of the descent. He was reaching for his pocket and the bike was swept away under him probably because of a bump or hole in the road. Alberto was in the shape of his life and the entire team had our eyes fixed on the podium in Paris and the work we would have to do to get there”.

Rest day tomorrow so here is a bunch of funny pics

Mr.Nice fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Jul 14, 2014

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Tony Martin only finished 16 minutes back. I was expecting him to roll in with the sprinters, thought he was completely gone.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Wonder if Tinkoff will be on new groupsets and frames next year.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Looks like someone trod on the seat tube and pulled the rest up.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

BeeSeeBee posted:

Wonder if Tinkoff will be on new groupsets and frames next year.
He literally wasn't looking where he was going.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib
Apparantly it fell off a car, so that doesn't tell much about quality.

e: vvv ah so they're lying, that makes much more sense

Knitting Beetles fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 14, 2014

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

From what I'm reading, it sounds like that was the bike that was scooped up after he crashed, he then switched bikes to Roche's (#37) below, and then later stopped on that bike to receive treatment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Goddammnit, of all the stages to miss I miss this one. Stop showing wrestling, Eurosport, I want to see the rerun.

Here's another picture of Sagan doing a thing: