Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Some Numbers posted:

To be clear, when I reported this one, the response was this is not a bug, it's working as intended and they were sorry for any frustration I experienced.

Where did you report it? If you went through the support website, they aren't actually CZE employees and have absolutely no idea what is and is not working as intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?
1st round is vs transmog barf such a do nothing deck that slows the game to a crawl.

God that made me want to stab my eyes out. Game 1 was 15 minutes of his clock and 3 of mine. I he drew 4 time ripples and 3 pirates to eke it out off the 2nd transmog giving him an eldritch dreamer and having 2 pieces of bounce for my lifelink attackers.

Game two I mull to 4 on no land hands and he must have bordered into a not transmog deck - not that I had board for it anyway. Still could have taken it if he didn't have 3 pirates and 3 ripples

Karnegal fucked around with this message at 01:39 on Jul 14, 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Karnegal posted:

1st round is vs transmog barf such a do nothing deck that slows the game to a crawl.

Not sure how you are targetting Transmog with that in a world where blood diamond and monoblood control seem to be the two most common decks

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Go RV! posted:

Not sure how you are targetting Transmog with that in a world where blood diamond and monoblood control seem to be the two most common decks

Those decks don't play with their decks for super long turns. 15 minutes to 3 of play time is loving awful. It's not a good deck just 0 fun to play against.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Karnegal posted:

Those decks don't play with their decks for super long turns. 15 minutes to 3 of play time is loving awful. It's not a good deck just 0 fun to play against.

I don't see anything in "Time Ripple, Buccaneer, Cosmog" that requires super long turns. It sounds like you're taking out frustration with a slow opponent on a deck archetype.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Zurai posted:

Where did you report it? If you went through the support website, they aren't actually CZE employees and have absolutely no idea what is and is not working as intended.

I was not aware that the official support website was the wrong place to report bugs and such.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Note to self: When playing a Ruby Aggro deck, LEAVE RESOURCES OPEN TO COUNTERMAGIC THE GORE FEAST.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
my opponent blocks my big attack and goes down to 1.

second main, play darkspire priestess, use Zared on it, win game :xd:

I have 5 Feral Ogres, 3 Darkspire Priestess, and a Wildchild. Nobody runs enough creatures to deal with my 2 drops.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Some Numbers posted:

I was not aware that the official support website was the wrong place to report bugs and such.

It is generally only used for something that requires compensation or issues with your account or a payment transaction.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Niedar posted:

It is generally only used for something that requires compensation or issues with your account or a payment transaction.

Correct. Bug reports go to the Hex forums.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

Elves get all the nice things. Why can't I have a dinosaur?
So I've drafted two Extinctions and am hoping for the best with BW. I took the first match with about two minutes left on my clock, and then my second opponent, playing Poca, goes turn 1 Ruby, turn 2 Minotaur Mercenary, which then goes to me, and then he concedes the entire match.

I'm so confused. Like, did I really just see someone ragequit that hard?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm more amazed you saw someone play minotaur mercenary. It's hard to imagine a worse card.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

In the second round of a competitive draft, even! So at least he earned that match loss, in a way.

EDIT: And a guy in the other match already took a game a few minutes ago. I was hoping I would at least get to finish one chapter of the book I'm reading with a free match win, but maybe not.

All Nines fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 14, 2014

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

I'm more amazed you saw someone play minotaur mercenary. It's hard to imagine a worse card.

I feel like there's a possibility for it. A 2 cost 4/3 is no joke. Maybe be running Sorrows, or something with swiftstrike for when it turns bad. The way it's written, I feel like there's some wiggle room in if it's actually a 50/50 split or not. I'd like to do some testing on it.

Of course, it's pretty much trash, but there could possibly be some value in it yet undiscovered.

All Nines
Aug 12, 2011

And my third round opponent basically gave me the match (almost forfeited outright; did give up game 2 before deciding he'd play out the last game after I lost game 1 to the second minor Blood gem being bugged to work in reverse) because he raredrafted without thinking he'd actually make it to the finals and he wanted to go to sleep. :psyduck:

V Is the joke just that those cards are all terrible? :v:

All Nines fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jul 14, 2014

Grim
Sep 11, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Minotaur Mercenary + Cerebral Fulmination + Inferno + Comet Strike + This Joke Is Getting Old

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
I'm in a swiss match right now because the queue for swiss was shorter. I won the first round in a bye, lost in the 2nd round (we were both playing red aggro decks; he had better luck on his draws, and I ran into a bug with Kindling Skarn since I'd never played it before), and apparently my opponent for the third round has also dropped out because I seem to have auto-won against them, too. In a three hour tournament I've had about twenty minutes total of actual play.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Grim posted:

Minotaur Mercenary + Cerebral Fulmination + Inferno + Comet Strike + This Joke Is Getting Old

Cerebral Fulmination is actually a pretty good card in the right deck. I went 3-1 in a 128-man tournament today with this deck, which is really fun to play and really seems to stump a lot of opponents.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Go RV! posted:

I feel like there's a possibility for it. A 2 cost 4/3 is no joke. Maybe be running Sorrows, or something with swiftstrike for when it turns bad. The way it's written, I feel like there's some wiggle room in if it's actually a 50/50 split or not. I'd like to do some testing on it.

Of course, it's pretty much trash, but there could possibly be some value in it yet undiscovered.

Minotaur Merc is a usable 23rd card in draft. That's not a massive endorsement, of course, but a 4/3 for 2 really is quite good. Less good if you give your opponent a no-strings 2/1 for your 2 mana, but that's a lot easier to handle than the 4/3 is on your side of the board.

Karnegal
Dec 24, 2005

Is it... safe?

Zurai posted:

I don't see anything in "Time Ripple, Buccaneer, Cosmog" that requires super long turns. It sounds like you're taking out frustration with a slow opponent on a deck archetype.

he had a bunch of random artifacts for the transmog that he was dicking around with.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Grim posted:

Don't dis Comet Strike, I've been doing pretty well with it in the 128 man tournaments.

Or do and sell me your for cheap, I'll pay goons 200 plat each.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005
I do not know how you people are posting results with decks that require a 6 mana or 10 mana spell to function while I'm playing a deck that can clock on turn 4 with regularity.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Slifter posted:

Don't dis Comet Strike, I've been doing pretty well with it in the 128 man tournaments.

Or do and sell me your for cheap, I'll pay goons 200 plat each.
Yeah... You can't say this without posting a deck list because that sounds nuts. Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see what devilry is required to make that card playable.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

LightReaper posted:

Yeah... You can't say this without posting a deck list because that sounds nuts. Not that I don't believe you, I just want to see what devilry is required to make that card playable.

Amen. At least tell us what you're actually doing with Comet Strike.

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010
He is obviously putting it in his sideboard and never taking it out.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Thoom posted:

Cerebral Fulmination is actually a pretty good card in the right deck. I went 3-1 in a 128-man tournament today with this deck, which is really fun to play and really seems to stump a lot of opponents.

I ran something like this back in Alpha, so I can vouch for it being super fun and effective.

I'd like to run it again sometime, but I don't want to pay 10 or so bucks for the rares I don't have.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
When I got into the beta I accidentally picked the weird bunny race, and I really don't enjoy that deck :(

I wish I could go back and change what I had picked! Oh well, I've been getting a booster a week from the VIP thing so I guess I'll slowly transition to a new playstyle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I will confirm that I have seen Slifter win games on the back of Comet Strike. I will also respect that the deck is his and not post his decklist.

Mostly because I don't know all the cards.

Vilgan
Dec 30, 2012

I find it refreshing to hear that some people are playing and seeing decks other than BD control and mono B control. In the last 16 matches, those are the only 2 decks I've faced other than a single SD control deck that I crushed. I have yet to face a single gore storm deck which would likely (imo) be more interesting than what I've seen so far.

Thus far I have not been enjoying constructed, to the point that I'm considering just going back to limited even though it isn't free. I'll probably try that bird of plenty deck. It looks interesting :)

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Vilgan posted:

I have yet to face a single gore storm deck which would likely (imo) be more interesting than what I've seen so far.

Gorestorm is interesting in a completely different way. If you aren't prepared for it, it's very, very easy to find yourself dead on your opponent's turn 4 against Gorestorm. Even if you manage to slow them down a bit it's often a tooth-and-nail struggle. They can do a lot of damage given very little board presence.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

QPZIL posted:

When I got into the beta I accidentally picked the weird bunny race, and I really don't enjoy that deck :(

I wish I could go back and change what I had picked! Oh well, I've been getting a booster a week from the VIP thing so I guess I'll slowly transition to a new playstyle.

If you don't mind dropping a few bucks into the game, you can construct the other starters for probably $2-3 each off the Auction House.

https://hextcg.com/starter-decks/

Also consider doing some drafts for new cards. Takes 3 packs (1.20ish off the AH, last I checked) and a dollar. It's a much better way to open cards, as you get to pick what you get out of them. And if you win, you get more packs.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Vilgan posted:

I find it refreshing to hear that some people are playing and seeing decks other than BD control and mono B control. In the last 16 matches, those are the only 2 decks I've faced other than a single SD control deck that I crushed. I have yet to face a single gore storm deck which would likely (imo) be more interesting than what I've seen so far.

Thus far I have not been enjoying constructed, to the point that I'm considering just going back to limited even though it isn't free. I'll probably try that bird of plenty deck. It looks interesting :)

That bird deck looks terrible against the control decks. While thankfully it can rely on the control deck accomplishing nothing for the first 6 turns, relying on a creature to combo that has no protection against the removal that both control decks run seems weak.

If you actually hate the control decks and want to win the Rb orcs I posted wins very consistently so long as you mulligan appropriately.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Thoom posted:

Hrm, that looks like a fun deck to at least try out (though I'd think I'll probably try something more like this first, if only because I'm hesitant to invest that much in Reginald Lancashires).

My main question is whether or not casting a burn (on the opponent) and a Heat Wave would keep a Kindling Skarn alive or not.

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!

Sigma-X posted:

That bird deck looks terrible against the control decks. While thankfully it can rely on the control deck accomplishing nothing for the first 6 turns, relying on a creature to combo that has no protection against the removal that both control decks run seems weak.

I put 3 arcane shields in the reserves. Those plus time ripple and countermagic are the defense against control.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Bought 1000 plat, and made the remaining 3 starter decks with it :eyepop:

Neat!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

My main question is whether or not casting a burn (on the opponent) and a Heat Wave would keep a Kindling Skarn alive or not.

Skarns get buffed as soon as the spell goes on the stack, so yes.

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011
The deck is pretty simple, durdle really hard to get to ten, drop a giant rock to flatten the field, and then cast a lethal X spell. Against people who does durdling of their own this deck does really well, I can interact with them better than they can with me. Someone playing heavy blood with discard can be a problem, balls out aggro can be a problem, and anyone playing X spells of their own is a problem.

Wyatt

15 Sapphire Shard
11 Blood Shard

4 Life Siphon
4 Burn to the Ground
4 Peek

3 Surge Mechanism
4 Oracle Song
4 Storm Call
4 Extinction
3 Mastery of Time
4 Comet Strike

Reserves
4 Sorrow
3 Phoenix Guard Scout
4 Inqisition
4 Countermagic

Going card by card.

Wyatt
Some times you need this to get gas/shards early but ideal you save his ability for after the comet strike to be able to close out the game as fast as possible. Kranok gives more cards but you don't normally have 4-6 life to spare.

15 Sapphire Shard
11 Blood Shard
The main goals are to get double blood for Extinction and then the rest sapphire for Peek, I haven't messed with this too much but it seems to work ok. Adding Ruby to make the Burn to the Grounds live pre Comet is tempting but would be a big hit to consistancy. Might want to go up as high as 27, playing a shard every turn is really important.

4 Life Siphon
4 Burn to the Ground
4 Peek
Play one of these after a Comet and the game is generally over, Siphon and Peek have good utility pre Comet but sadly Burn is dead.

3 Surge Mechanism
This helps ramp up to 10 for Comet and adds more value to every turn you buy with Mastery, Extinction, or Storm Call.

4 Oracle Song
The best turn three play and generally useful to have.

4 Storm Call
4 Extinction
3 Mastery of Time
These are all different ways of giving you another turn to play shards and draw into Comet Strike. Yesterday is also an option, with testing it may replace Master of Time since it levies a cost on my opponent at the cost of giving them a card.

4 Comet Strike
The big daddy, the best answer to shenanigans people are trying to play, and the most hilarious way to fog someone's attack.

Reserves

4 Sorrow
3 Phoenix Guard Scout
These are my concession to the fact that this deck probably loses to any deck with Savage Raider. It's untested because so far I've only faced other durdley control and midrange decks.

4 Inquisition
Running a Comet Strike into a counter is really sad, this helps prevent that from happening.

4 Countermagic
Some times other people are unsporting and play their own X Spells, this helps against that possibility post Strike as well as helps me push my Comet Strike past counters.

While it's not a stellar record I've gone 2/1/0 where I crashed out just before round 4 started and then went 3/1 in the following tournament. I freely admit that I've been a little lucky not to face a super aggressive deck like the one posted above, however it isn't completely unexpected because part of the reason I made this deck was to target the unbalanced meta.

Right now the main thing I'm looking at as far as changes is swapping in white for Immortality and Blinding Light. They fill the same function as fogs while having the advantage of being cheaper and effective against direct damage and my opponent's X spells post Comet. Losing Peek and Oracles Song would be rough, and I'm not sure what all would be able to fill in for them. Pact of Pain and Eternal Youth would probably be the best choice.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

I love it.

The only thing is, I'm not sure why I'd run Comet Strike over a Lodegan/Transmog finisher (Prophet at 7, activate on 8, swing and win). Especially since Transmog hits 2 resources earlier.

e: That said, I think I like your durdle shell ( :v: ) better. I ran a DS shell, and I lost to two aggro decks.

http://hex.tcgbrowser.com/#!/deck=7660 is what I ran last tourney.

Go RV! fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jul 14, 2014

Slifter
Feb 8, 2011

Go RV! posted:

I love it.

The only thing is, I'm not sure why I'd run Comet Strike over a Lodegan/Transmog finisher (Prophet at 7, activate on 8, swing and win). Especially since Transmog hits 2 resources earlier.

Mostly because Comet Strike is awesome, as is the the pause the first time you play it every match.

Also Comet Strike is a lot less interactive. Unless you have 15 mana you are going to have to pass the turn with permanents in play that they can kill, and even if you do they still get a chance to play an Extinction or a bunch of removal, or could even have blockers. On the other hand Comet Strike can only be interacted with with a counter or discard, and being a quick action you have more flexibility to slip it in where it has the most impact. It also voids hands and discard piles which shuts down most things your opponent could be doing that would stop you.

I've been tinkering around, I may stream a tournament one of these days.

e: Yeah, right now trading one for with just doesn't work when the removal is so expensive and doesn't have an additional upside. Basically there is no good way to deal with a Savage Raider other than a sweeper.

Slifter fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 14, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

The problem with that kind of deck is, that Gorefeast can deal 16/18 damage on their turn 4, if they have an unblocked 2/3 attack creature. And all of the cards that could do anything to stop it are in your sideboard.

• Locked thread