Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
What do you all think of the ebow? I have one and I loving love it, but it does lend its self to some pretty awful, wanky poo poo.

For example, this is probably the most boring use of an otherwise wonderful guitaring device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILoAK5uGrmc
(demo starts at 5:30)
I'm glad my ebow was an impulse buy, because if I saw this poo poo before hand, I would of burst out laughing whenever I saw one. Soo much string jiggling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!
I kind of want an ebow, but there is no way I am paying retail for one.

Jedrick
Mar 21, 2010

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:

unlawfulsoup posted:

I kind of want an ebow, but there is no way I am paying retail for one.

I lucked out and got one that had been sitting in a pawn shop forever. They didn't really know what it was and seemed happy to get rid of it for cheap.

Edit: Holy poo poo, I realized that I got a deal, but I never would of payed $100+ for a new one.

Jedrick fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jul 14, 2014

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
I don't use mine much anymore but I used to do weird poo poo on my banjo with it when I was in an acoustic country rock band a few years ago. I wish there was, like, a double or even triple string version of it. BIG THICK PADZ

free Trapt CD
Aug 22, 2013

*~:coffeepal:~*
I've got plenty of java
and Chesterfield Kings

*~:h:~*
They're great but yeah, you only really see them used with cheesy metal lead tones, and the swell isn't instantaneous iirc so you'd have to get used to single-string melodies. Maybe I was just bad at using it.

There's also stuff like the Sustainiac which literally shakes your guitar into feeding back, and I think it'd leave your right hand free.

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Jedrick posted:

What do you all think of the ebow? I have one and I loving love it, but it does lend its self to some pretty awful, wanky poo poo.

For example, this is probably the most boring use of an otherwise wonderful guitaring device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILoAK5uGrmc
(demo starts at 5:30)
I'm glad my ebow was an impulse buy, because if I saw this poo poo before hand, I would of burst out laughing whenever I saw one. Soo much string jiggling.

Never used one and the price puts me off, but blues-dads loving HATE them, they see them as the anti-tone.

Edit: Use with with a POD and they'd probably poo poo themselves to death.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
i want to use one with a boss tera echo and digitech whammy

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Jedrick posted:

I love them.
Great way to get that instant 'feedback/harmony' thing going, worst thing about them is holding them when picking something relatively intricate.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway.when you had sex with me and that monkey
Soiled Meat

Nrrrrrrgggaaaahhhhhhhhhh

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
why though

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

muike posted:

why though

i saw it on facebook and didn't read the post about it and I don't wanna read the post about it

Absalom Baird
Jul 13, 2010
Tele looks cool in red stain with a black guard, tho

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
It's like a middle-aged doctor's wet dream. The ultimate mid-life crisis.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

White Dog Eggs posted:

There are no boutique P90's in it tho'.
Also missing a Bigsby.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I think that's a photoshop.
I hope that's a photoshop.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

this would be acceptable if and only if they were detachable

Dec 26, 2012

nms-tag that poo poo, jesus

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat

01011001 posted:

nms-tag that poo poo, jesus

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン
ultimate guitar...ftw...

Barnaby Rudge
Jan 15, 2011

Soiled Meat
Ultimate guitar you say......

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

White Dog Eggs posted:

Yeah, pretty much dead on. There is only a select group of rich and clueless people who would think that it could possibly be a good idea.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Can this be the answer for when people say split humbuckers don't sound like singles? I think it'll stop the complaints.

SeventhSeven
Jun 28, 2009
If you want Multi-string ebow action I think there are sustainer pickups that can do that... Built in. Also Moog has a guitar that may do this as well.

Thanks for the trem advice.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
for some reason it reminds me of

only a lot less cool.

Synonamess Botch fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jul 15, 2014

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Well duh, the only dual guitar combo that's cool is the Bass/Normal Guitar dual neck; like the one you've got there.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
it's supposed to be a mix of an eb-0 and a flying v which shouldn't really work but kinda does. the sg/telecaster is like orange juice and toothpaste.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

It burns ussssssssss!! Stupid fat hobbit!

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

BUSH 2112 posted:

I'm jealous, a coral 6-string Venus is like the one guitar that actively want.

Oh snap wrong thread:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Am I the only one who thinks the Fender headstock looks completely asinine on an acoustic guitar?

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Allen Wren posted:

Am I the only one who thinks the Fender headstock looks completely asinine on an acoustic guitar?

It does not do anything for me either.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Allen Wren posted:

I think it looks way cooler than a traditional acoustic headstock, but what do I know? The only acoustic I've ever owned was a Fender Stratacoustic acoustic/electric v:shobon:v

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat

Allen Wren posted:

No way they look loving absurd. acoustic guitars should be 3+3 or just not bother.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
it looks fine in seafoam green but silly in any kind of natural finish

also i want that guitar

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

I love this, because it's most likely a photoshop made for the singular purpose of posting on TGP to piss off Fender AND Gibson Fandads. Some dentist probaby flipped his poo poo, and linked it in an email to Scott Grove posthaste.

Actually, can we just make Scott Grove a worst music thing?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Dewgy posted:

it looks fine in seafoam green any colour but silly in any kind of natural finish

also i want that guitar

Quoted for truth

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Rosewood AND maple fretboards together?!? :barf:

Ferrous Wheel
Aug 18, 2007

"This is not only a security risk but we occasionally get pigeons roosting in the space as a result."
Scott Grove is indeed terrible, and probably owns an SG/Tele hybrid exactly like that. Or used to, but sold it.

I know Zamaitis have come up earlier, but I was slightly surprised to find that someone is still building guitars under that name (I knew Greco was doing copies). Like the originals, they are hilariously ugly. I don't know of anything else so expensive that looks so cheap.

Edit: Image is broken I guess so go here and feast your eyes on the whole lovely menagerie of pearl-encrusted abortions.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferrous Wheel fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Jul 15, 2014

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

As a huge fat guy, I just wanna say that the fenson is the greatest thing ever because now I don't have to try and grab another guitar with my reachin stick, and it also look proportional to my gigantic body.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheChaosPath
Jul 22, 2005

Would

• Locked thread