Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Yes, awesome, we did it!
I still remember watching the 1990 WC and it's kinda funny that Löw kinda did the same lonely stroll over the field Beckenbauer did.

Healbot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxFxuwqflY

Rope kid keeping his promise, other than known choker belgend. :getin:
This is awesome too. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003
what did muller say here?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DywqzoPzZLo

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

He said he don't give a poo poo about the Golden Boot, they're World Cup champions now. Stick that shoe up somewhere else

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
The Swiss are easier to understand than Bavarians :negative:

I don't care about that poo poo, we are world champions. Take your golden boot and shove it.

Is the rough translation, if there is a Bavarian here he can maybe translate better.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Hegay posted:

He said he don't give a poo poo about the Golden Boot, they're World Cup champions now. Stick that shoe up somewhere else

What did he say to shove it/put it? Hinter somewhere. I have never been able to understand when people speak Bavarian like that.

My hoch Deutsch weeps.

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC
I've been to Germany many times. I'm so happy we are world champions.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Enigma89 posted:

What did he say to shove it/put it? Hinter somewhere. I have never been able to understand when people speak Bavarian like that.

My hoch Deutsch weeps.

konnst da hinda dohrn schmiern

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Enigma89 posted:

The Swiss are easier to understand than Bavarians :negative:

Only when they try to speak High German, once they begin to speak Switzerdütsch I can understand at most every fourth word. It's easier to understand Dutch than Switzerdütsch imho.

Also, that interview rocks.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Hegay posted:

Rub it behind your ears. Hm interesting.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Des interessiert mich ois ned, der Scheißdreck... Weltmeister san ma, den Pott ham wa... den Scheiß-Goldenen Schuh koast dir hinter die Ohren schmieren.

Which roughly translates to:

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other -- bourgeoisie and proletariat.

Bavarians are really into Marx I'm afraid to say.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Healbot posted:

Is this why I pay 5€ for a döner in München? :negative:

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

Hegay posted:

Eech glawbee *mumbles for a second* dass Doichland ist veltmaystah *hides USA #1 patch*

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Enigma89 posted:

you pay 5€ because you're a foreigner and don't know where to look

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Enigma89 posted:

Uhm.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Katana Gomai posted:

you pay 5€ because you're a foreigner and don't know where to look

I lived in Berlin not in the south. I have spent more time in France than in Bavaria.

Berliner döners are better anyways ;)

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

You look at the wrong places and pay too much money for fast food.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Enigma89 posted:

I lived in Berlin not in the south. I have spent more time in France than in Bavaria.

Berliner döners are better anyways ;)

I move that OP is a terrible plastic and should probably just give up on this whole pretending to be german thing.

e: loving 5 euros for a doner jesus christ lol

advanced statsman
Dec 26, 2012

ISLAM FC

hopterque posted:

I move that OP is a terrible plastic and should probably just give up on this whole pretending to be german thing.

if france would\ve won he would've been celebrating in the french thread probably

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

advanced statsman posted:

if france would\ve won he would've been celebrating in the french thread probably

Truly the most shameful of plastic scum.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

hopterque posted:

I don't care, everybody can be a fan of our national team.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG
Stop trolling for a second but how much do you guys pay for döners in München? Last time I was down there, I went with a bunch of Berliners so we were all more or less tourists and did not know the city that well.

I got spoiled being in Berlin because everything is so cheap there. Really great place.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
imagine a stall in Germany when Enigma89 and his neckbeard show up wearing a tracht and yodelling with a heavy American accent and asks for a döner and the guy shits on a piece of a bread and gives it to him because it's not like he'd know the difference lmao frigging idi*t

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Mean Bean Machine posted:

imagine a stall in Germany when Enigma89 and his neckbeard show up wearing a tracht and yodelling with a heavy American accent and asks for a döner and the guy shits on a piece of a bread and gives it to him because it's not like he'd know the difference lmao

You don't know poo poo. I studied at the FU and I have a masters from an European (French) university. I am not a casual tourist there.

Knock it off.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Healbot posted:

Des interessiert mich ois ned, der Scheißdreck... Weltmeister san ma, den Pott ham wa... den Scheiß-Goldenen Schuh koast dir hinter die Ohren schmieren.

Freeman and slave, patrician and plebian, lord and serf, guild-master and journeyman, in a word, oppressor and oppressed, stood in constant opposition to one another, carried on an uninterrupted, now hidden, now open fight, a fight that each time ended, either in a revolutionary reconstitution of society at large, or in the common ruin of the contending classes.

In the earlier epochs of history, we find almost everywhere a complicated arrangement of society into various orders, a manifold gradation of social rank. In ancient Rome we have patricians, knights, plebians, slaves; in the Middle Ages, feudal lords, vassals, guild-masters, journeymen, apprentices, serfs; in almost all of these classes, again, subordinate gradations.

The modern bourgeois society that has sprouted from the ruins of feudal society has not done away with class antagonisms. It has but established new classes, new conditions of oppression, new forms of struggle in place of the old ones.

Our epoch, the epoch of the bourgeoisie, possesses, however, this distinct feature: it has simplified class antagonisms. Society as a whole is more and more splitting up into two great hostile camps, into two great classes directly facing each other -- bourgeoisie and proletariat.

I did a real life lol at this

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Enigma89 posted:

You don't know poo poo. I studied at the FU and I have a masters from an European (French) university. I am not a casual tourist there.

Knock it off.

I bet you dont even know what a goosestep is.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I don't live in the south because I'm not a huge piece of poo poo or an american army idiot but up here the real ace tier doners are like 3,50 or so and the normal to good ones are 2,00-2,50 and if you're really desperate or broke you can find some for like 1,20 or less but that'll probably give you the shits real bad.

Donerchat itt discover how much of a plastic you are based on how much you pay for fast food.

Enigma89 posted:

Knock it off.

Lmao, then why the gently caress can't you understand Thomas 'tommy' 'the müller' Müller in that interview, poo poo.

"No guys I'm practically a real german can you please translate this video for me though just curious if you can do it is all"

hopterque fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jul 14, 2014

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

must have been a tourist trap where a Döner costs 5€ or it was the Super Maxi Size version with extra Gammelfleisch
Döner is normally 2.50 - 3€

and also this

Healbot posted:

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.
The average Munich Döner is actually a bit more expensive than a normal Döner in Berlin. I'd say it's a difference of about 3€ vs 4€. In both cities there are both great and awful Dönerbuden.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I saw a 4,50€ Döner place when I was in Munich last weekend, and I just did a lol and 360'd out of there. I bet they put sweet mustard in there too, those fail f*ckers.

Healbot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxFxuwqflY

Rope kid keeping his promise, other than known choker belgend. :getin:

I didn't know rope kid was into cycling too. This has me rubbing my thighs to be honest.

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Smirr posted:

and I just did a lol and 360'd out of there

would love to see you do that

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Smirr posted:

I saw a 4,50€ Döner place when I was in Munich last weekend, and I just did a lol and 360'd out of there. I bet they put sweet mustard in there too, those fail f*ckers.

I didn't know rope kid was into cycling too. This has me rubbing my thighs to be honest.

I got a Döner for lunch today and also for my hangover it was 2,30€ and good as heck.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Don't let Dönerchat tear us apart.
We are all Weltmeister.

GreenLight
Apr 5, 2014

Can I keep his head for a souvenir ?

Teron D Amun posted:

would love to see you do that

the loling included a 180.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

gently caress your scrub cities, Köln has the best döners and also everything else

or so sayeth the Kölnspeople

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014

ephex posted:

Don't let Dönerchat tear us apart.
We are all Weltmeister.

Are we?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Well all of us who are German are at least IDK about anyone else.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Josh is a proper cycling maniac. If I had any clue which producer was worth his salt I could even understand his cycling related tweets!

Also Doeners around here in Franconia cost about €3,50 after the latest price hike. And gently caress it's too late to get one now.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

We are, I was controlling Goetze doing all the moves in FIFA.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Honj Steak posted:

The average Munich Döner is actually a bit more expensive than a normal Döner in Berlin. I'd say it's a difference of about 3€ vs 4€. In both cities there are both great and awful Dönerbuden.

I always liked Mustafas, Dada Falafel (not really döner but w/e) and there was a new place a Berlin friend told me about somewhere not far from Pankstrasse.

I forget the exact name but the locals in that immediate area all talked about it. The place looked pretty non-descript from the outside but it ended up being delicious. Köfkeçi or something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

gently caress your scrub cities, Köln has the best döners and also everything else

or so sayeth the Kölnspeople

does Köln have a new city archive yet :smug:

• Locked thread