Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Tucker may not be a genius but at least he's smart enough to realize it's not a long term relationship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

moerketid posted:

I grew up in a really deprived area with a lot of alcoholics and drug addicts and yeah, gonna reiterate: many of these people have families and even if they are druggies, that is no excuse to let their kids go hungry.

The children of those with low enough moral fiber to consume illegal substances will just grow up into more of the same. It is better that they die and decrease the surplus population!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

As someone who works with heavy equipment sometimes, that's pretty much the one place I actually support drug testing. Someone typing poo poo on a computer who cares, but when other peoples' safety is on the line you don't gently caress around.

One of the big problems with drug testing in general is that it can only catch drugs that stay in the user's system for a long period, like marijuana. Dangerous stuff like heroin gets flushed really quickly, so unless you're shooting up right before the test they won't find it.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Kavak posted:

One of the big problems with drug testing in general is that it can only catch drugs that stay in the user's system for a long period, like marijuana. Dangerous stuff like heroin gets flushed really quickly, so unless you're shooting up right before the test they won't find it.

You'd be surprised how often that sort of nonsense happens anyway. I'm talking like "hey I'm shipping off to join the military in a few hours and they're going to drug test me, better do EVERY loving DRUG THAT I CAN RIGHT NOW" levels of stuff.

Never underestimate the power of stupidity.

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Kavak posted:

The children of those with low enough moral fiber to consume illegal substances will just grow up into more of the same. It is better that they die and decrease the surplus population!

I've seen people in the Freep thread defend Scrooge and quote his "Are there no prisons? No workhouses?" line, so I wouldn't be shocked if people unashamedly believe this.

Account McAccount
Mar 30, 2012

From an article about GTA V coming to PC.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Account McAccount posted:

Reminds me of this. Xbox Live is a social medium!

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Segmentation Fault posted:

Zone: Family

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Well, I assume a devil rape would be broadcast on Coast to Coast, but I wonder what other AM stations he has in mind.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Well, I assume a devil rape would be broadcast on Coast to Coast, but I wonder what other AM stations he has in mind.

NPR has their weekly hellfucker hour every Sunday evening.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

What bothers me most is the change of tense in the middle of the sentence.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

ESPN?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

Account McAccount posted:

I too get very upset when someone uses a marketing term to talk about a toy that the marketing term applies to.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW
There was just some kind of Tumblr convention called "DashCon" that was overhyped, actually wound up seriously under capacity and ultimately became infamous for charging $17,000 per person to spend one last hour in a small inflatable ball pit that had been free for the majority of the convention. Figured it belonged in this thread.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

LaughMyselfTo posted:

There was just some kind of Tumblr convention called "DashCon" that was overhyped, actually wound up seriously under capacity and ultimately became infamous for charging $17,000 per person to spend one last hour in a small inflatable ball pit that had been free for the majority of the convention. Figured it belonged in this thread.

Uh, yeah not exactly. The con was $17k short total, not $17k per person :psyduck:

Saint Drogo posted:

The tumblr convention ('DashCon' for some loving reason) continues to be a schadenfreude goldmine. There's a GBS thread for it, but here's a first hand report.

quote:

http://chiiathingy.tumblr.com posted:

1. Showed up for tumblr prom. Already hearing comments about how people don’t want to dance. Idly comment that I hope there’s booze and am looked at like I’m the devil. WELL OK.

2. I don’t dance, but I watch a girl’s purse. Two cute tardis girls ask me to dance, and I have to turn them down, because I’m watching said purse. bummer. Would have actually danced, even w/o booze.

3. Middle age man (sneakily?) taking pictures of dancing (probable) 14 year olds. Why….. Vanishes before I can do anything about it like ask what his deal is.

4. Confirmed no booze. There’s water. :| Will later learn we need it.

5. From text to boss, “THEY ARE SHUTTING DOWN DASHCON???? if they don’t get 17??” someone comes to stage to announce the hotel is buttmad at us for existing, and we need to give them 17k. Uh-huh. Dubious until confirmed by staff, but hooboy, people look upset already.

6. “oh my god lol they may not open up tomorrow, holy poo poo I’m dying” < text to boss. Important to note that at this point I have had a blast at dashcon, I am dying because GETTING TO THIS CONVENTION has been so much trouble, and really, cancelling it would be the icing on a poo poo cake.

7. “This is a mess omfg” “oh god they pulled tonight’s stuff for the moment they’re pulling us into a room to talk.” “feel like i’m being led to principle’s office, swear i didn’t do it.”

8. short version, “hotel doesn’t like us, they want 17k up front to deal with this”

People, at this point, start throwing money at the front desk. Like, I mean literally throwing money. People are PISSED. Most people are confused, because some random rear end person came up and started worrying people and it snowballed from there. Jfc.

9. Boss, “This is history in the making, you got to be a part of history.”

Me, “holy poo poo this is horrible people are crying.”

Boss, “OMG”

10. Have resigned self to laugh instead of cry because it legitimately can’t get any worse at this point. Getting here has been a mess, I’m on minimal sleep and there’s no booze.

QUOTE OF THE DAY: “the con hotel didn’t realize the kind of people [tumblr] would be.” HAHAHA HOLY poo poo.

11. People are chanting about wild cats? not sure about the reference.

12. MOCKINGJAY SIGNAL apparently this starts to mean be quiet like when you’re in elementary and you hold up two fingers and shhhh.

13. “How is this real life” is texted to my boss.

14. “people are literally running into other people in an attempt to give money.”

15. weeping girl count: 8. I want to give them all tissues.

16. “10 bucks says we make it.” some random guy starts announcing things ??? people are very concerned. Mockingjay signal again. Overhear, “is this cultural appropriation if it’s from a book that’s not real” and AM NOT SURE IF SERIOUS OR NOT???

17. People have been locked out of their rooms. Counted 5 people in swimsuits shivering who apparently are unable to get into their rooms again. Super lovely, hotel.

18. Quotes of the night,

"I just don’t know how this could happen."
"I hate the staff, hoW COULD THEY DO THIS TO US."
"I’m not crying, I was JUST IN THE POOL."

19. Evidently staff is used to people attending for MODEL TRAIN CONVENTIONS? holy poo poo nothing can prepare you for this oh my god.

20. LMFAO PEOPLE’S MOMS ARE CALLING THE HOTEL TO DEMAND INFORMATION oh my god

21. Various fandoms called upon and cheers result.

22. Carry on my wayward son is played, massive sing along occurs. Mockingjay sign again. Now we’re singing les mis?

23. “I CAME OUT HERE TO HAVE A GOOD CON AND I’M FEELING SO ATTACKED RIGHT NOW”

24. Queen is being sung. Friend I made at the con says, “I bet they’ll play we are the champions” when we make goal.”

25. apparently it’s 20k they need? this is all poorly explained/vaguely confusing.

26. jfc people saying “TWEET MISHA” “tweet john green.” “tweet mark ruffalo.” pls no tumblr what are you doing

27. “make john green find the thing?” not sure what this is referencing. people chanting frantically.

28. mockingjay AGAIN. Stirring speach by random dude who seems to make announcements. “This is our place, this is us.” blah blah band together, money. Someone is throwing homestuck gang signs and trying to explain “morelles?” I am not entirely certain they didn’t say “moray eels” but hey. Random dude is delivering speeches as cecil baldwin? P sure he’s referencing nightvale.

29. Someone explaining homestuck to someone else. Tumblr.

30. Lawyer threat count: 4. Man is so angry his face is red, threatening lawyer.

30b. People are tweeting Rad hotels, calling this bullshit.

30c. People are being dicks to hotel security/staff. Uh, not how to endear them to us, guys.

31. Made it. Kane is crying. People screaming and in tears. Lots of people hugging, narrowly avoid being slammed into by a super happy person.

32. loving “WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS” Sage called it.

33. “Saved, I’m getting steak and shake” is my last text. I got steak n shake and it was sub par. Off to do this again tomorrow.

Ultimately, everything terrible is vaguely hilarious when you’re exhausted and poo poo just keeps getting worse.

Honestly though. I don’t think it can get worse than this. I’m setting 5 alarms for tomorrow just in case, anyway.

Edit: midnight.

Can I just talk about the sheer number of really confused parents. That was hilarious on every level.

Not included there: the Night Vale people having to pull out because they weren't loving paid, and the organizers making it up to people who had paid for that in advance by offering them an hour in a children's ballpit.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

And people think Kevin Durant is too quiet.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Soviet Commubot posted:

I got screenshots of this a while ago but never ended up posting it, but here's one idiots rationalizations for it.

tl;dr version is that anyone who spells it "marihuana" in English is an idiot with dumb opinions.

"If they breed on welfare then reduce their benefits" because nothing says compassion like making a child starve.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Once a child is outside a woman's body who gives a poo poo right?

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Because I doubt anyone gets this I'll explain. Basically the lady is mad about the noise from a new dirt track. Which is on the site of a motocross track, right next to the interstate, and also right next to the site of a former speedway that had been there for years before closing. loving NIMBY.

LaughMyselfTo
Nov 15, 2012

by XyloJW

13Pandora13 posted:

Uh, yeah not exactly. The con was $17k short total, not $17k per person :psyduck:

Aw, pretty disappointed. That was much funnier to me.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Why the gently caress are all of my friends suddenly sharing news articles from last year? Yesterday it was about the URGENT eukanuba/iams dog food recall from august of last year being presented as new (and to every single person who replied by saying that "well the food has an expiration date of october so there could still be some out there!" no, that isn't how dog food works, and it still negates the URGENT part and starts a panic over nothing). Today I'm being bombarded with poo poo about tragic Katelyn Hunt going to jail for loving her girlfriend, all linking to the gailygrind article that had just about every "fact" wrong and in Kate's favor.

I feel like I'm the only one who checks the date of an article before sharing. And also reads the drat article.

The Comna
May 22, 2012

schtzn
schtzn
t-t-t-t
t-t-t-t

Take that, liberals.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

God drat those stupid awful pitbulls. Vote German Shepherd / Irish Setter 2016 (they are foreign breeds because I hate america)

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

Lottery of Babylon posted:

God drat those stupid awful pitbulls. Vote German Shepherd / Irish Setter 2016 (they are foreign breeds because I hate america)

Not chow chows and pugs, dog breeds from communist China?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

SteveVizsla posted:

Why the gently caress are all of my friends suddenly sharing news articles from last year? Yesterday it was about the URGENT eukanuba/iams dog food recall from august of last year being presented as new (and to every single person who replied by saying that "well the food has an expiration date of october so there could still be some out there!" no, that isn't how dog food works, and it still negates the URGENT part and starts a panic over nothing). Today I'm being bombarded with poo poo about tragic Katelyn Hunt going to jail for loving her girlfriend, all linking to the gailygrind article that had just about every "fact" wrong and in Kate's favor.

I feel like I'm the only one who checks the date of an article before sharing. And also reads the drat article.

I got that too. I find it hilarious, how, because it's two girls having same-sex relations, everyone is coming to their support saying poo poo like "oh, they're just exploring" and "having fun" and how groups coming to their aid apparently support statutory rape. Maaaaaan, had this been two BOYS? Holy gently caress, people would have lost their collective god damned minds. Blood would have been spilt over that.

But no, it's two girls (never mind the fact that one is 14, the other is 18, and it's still loving illegal, no matter how you slice it) so we should show some support amirite!?

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

EZipperelli posted:

I got that too. I find it hilarious, how, because it's two girls having same-sex relations, everyone is coming to their support saying poo poo like "oh, they're just exploring" and "having fun" and how groups coming to their aid apparently support statutory rape. Maaaaaan, had this been two BOYS? Holy gently caress, people would have lost their collective god damned minds. Blood would have been spilt over that.

But no, it's two girls (never mind the fact that one is 14, the other is 18, and it's still loving illegal, no matter how you slice it) so we should show some support amirite!?

I surprisingly got people to listen to me on that one. Or rather, all of the supportive comments stopped and others stopped sharing it, and I got one comment thanking me for posting the real info about it. It's probably because I included links to actual court documents showing their ages, that Kate was 18 before the girls even met so it wasn't the victims parents waiting for her to turn 18 to call the cops (and it would have still been illegal had she been 17), that she was sending nudes and sex vids to the victim and telling her to lie to the cops even after the arrest, and documents saying they had sex at least 3 times with two of those being in the school bathroom with other girls watching.

I get that a lot of people want to support her because she's gay - that was my initial thought from reading the headline last year, and most of my friends are big gay rights supporters - but lesbians and gay people can be manipulative assholes who deserve prison, too. It isn't exclusive to straight people.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Speaking of dogs and outdated poo poo, a friend from high school posted a bunch if Michael Vick hate links. Man that was a blast from the past.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

The Comna posted:

Take that, liberals.

Any reason why Pit bull is in quotes? Is there a new nicer word? That doesn't make sense though because other words for stuff is PC Liberal bullshit! URRRRGH

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
In my experience it's more often conservative elected officials who are anti-pit bull.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer
Maybe the creator of the image didn't think they were real pit bulls?

Also everyone knows that Akita Inus are better than pit bulls, I've never heard of a pit bull half as cool as Hachiko.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Don Gato posted:

Maybe the creator of the image didn't think they were real pit bulls?

Also everyone knows that Akita Inus are better than pit bulls, I've never heard of a pit bull half as cool as Hachiko.

They're a bit less likely to eat toddler face also, but lets stop saying that kinda stuff, pit bulls shouldn't be discussed on forums.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Personperson14 posted:

Any reason why Pit bull is in quotes? Is there a new nicer word? That doesn't make sense though because other words for stuff is PC Liberal bullshit! URRRRGH

One of the pro-pit bull arguments is that aggressive dogs with vaguely pit bull like looks just get labeled pit bulls even if they have no put bull blood in them.

That was an exceedingly neutral comment and, aside from this purely informative post, I agree with the guy who said put bulls shouldn't be discussed on forums.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Speaking of dogs and outdated poo poo, a friend from high school posted a bunch if Michael Vick hate links. Man that was a blast from the past.

Robot Chicken just had a bit about Michael Vick tonight, so if your friend watches that, that could be the reason.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

The Comna posted:

Take that, liberals.

Google pitbull defense and the first site that comes up is that conservative bastion Salon.com.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

The Comna posted:

Take that, liberals.

I was doing a google image search for "smiling pitbull" for doodle or die. One of the results was a pitbull that had been shot in the head and I couldn't find the report image button that I could have sworn was attached to every image. Anyway, I followed it to a blog spot page that was entirely about killing pitbulls and how awesome it is, complete with more pictures of dead pitbulls. I hate people sometimes.

Pickle dicker
May 25, 2014

by XyloJW
I wonder what happens when you're an officer in the Australian Army, and flood your Facebook page with poo poo like this?

http://www.samesame.com.au/news/11126/Bigot-begone-Armys-had-enough-of-Bernard-Gaynor

quote:

He now says he’s seeking legal advice over his dismissal, and concludes that the Defence Force “is an organisation that has been corrupted at the top.”

“Please rest assured, I will continue to write and fight for family values and our Christian heritage,” he stubbornly adds.

“This is a personal defeat, but the war goes on. And when we are in God’s Army, victory is assured.”

:toot:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

:911:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Help a foreigner out: What is "THOT" and "J's"?

Also, is it saying that men who have unprotected sex should not be responsible for the offspring? I thought that absent fathers were the prime reason America is going to poo poo?

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
I believe the "J" is referring to "joints"

or nikes

Excels has a new favorite as of 20:39 on Jul 14, 2014

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
I think Js are Nike Jordans, but THOT's new to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...
Google tells me it stands for "That Ho Out There". No idea why that dude thinks it makes no sense :shrug:. It's a stupid acronym but that's another issue.

• Locked thread