Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

THE loving MOON posted:

There's no reason why Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can't both be in. Jigglypuff will be at least.

edit: I forget, did they ever show off Charizards final smash? Is it a mega-evo?

They showed off this anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

mabels big day posted:

Ill be damned if they let Lucas in and not Ness. It's either Ness and Lucas, or just Ness.

I could see it being Ness with Lucas as an alt costume/selectable custom Lucas moves.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Water-Raccoon posted:

Disclaimer: I like Jigglypuff and support her inclusion in all Smash games.

Jigglypuff is a 'cutsie' pokemon that while at the beginning of the series enjoyed a fair amount of prominence and popularity, has lost a lot of her luster and many players have lost their patience with her(including many who played Mewtwo). Combine this with her lackluster performance in Brawl and there were questions rising about why Jigglypuff should even show up next time. The only relevance she has is the fact that she got retyped to Fairy and picked up one or two moves from the deal. That's it. Meanwhile, Mewtwo's sporting a new pair of Mega Evos, new typing on said Evos, and newfound prominence not only in Pokemon Origins but also X/Y itself as an optional boss capture. So a lot of people were saying that Mewtwo would be replacing Jiggly in this(which I would be aghast at, I am not a Mewtwo fan in the least). I dunno if the Original 12 theory is anything to consider around here but the leak did insinuate it was worth something by having Ness beat out Lucas. Now it's up in the air, and that makes me rather anxious, to say the least, considering she and Ness were what got me huge into Smash in the 64 era.

Remember that 10-year-old brother I mentioned a while ago? His favorite Smash Bros character is Jigglypuff.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I think we all know who needs to be the new "weird" character:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhbpBMzjE1A

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Don't know why people think ROB will get cut. He's unique and is a cool obscure old-school character. People were saying the same thing about G&W before Brawl came out

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
There is literally no way the original four secret characters are getting cut.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ness and Jigglypuff aren't going to get cut because they've been there since Smash 64, and those 12 aren't going anywhere.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Strange Quark posted:

They showed off this anyway.

Cool. :c00l:

I guess Charizard is in the Super Saiyan club along with Sonic. :ssj:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I wonder, with the inclusion of all these female alt costumes if we'll get a Mrs Pacman as well?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I go out for one day and I miss every character I was hoping for?! Aw man.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE loving MOON posted:

I forget, did they ever show off Charizards final smash? Is it a mega-evo?

Yes, it's Mega Charizard X.

I hope Y is in as well (and the final smash triggers one or the other at random) but they haven't shown it yet.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Nobody cares about Mega Charizard Y because it is not Charizard summoning the power of the Hasatan.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

ChaosArgate posted:

LET IT BE TRAVIS TOUCHDOWN. PLEASEPLEASEPLEASE LET IT BE TRAVIS.

Yes I know Ubisoft only published NMH.

He couldn't call anyone gently caress head.

It's not happening, you don't want it to happen without it.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

less laughter posted:

I hope Y is in as well (and the final smash triggers one or the other at random) but they haven't shown it yet.

Y

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Water-Raccoon posted:

Disclaimer: I like Jigglypuff and support her inclusion in all Smash games.

Jigglypuff is a 'cutsie' pokemon that while at the beginning of the series enjoyed a fair amount of prominence and popularity, has lost a lot of her luster and many players have lost their patience with her(including many who played Mewtwo). Combine this with her lackluster performance in Brawl and there were questions rising about why Jigglypuff should even show up next time. The only relevance she has is the fact that she got retyped to Fairy and picked up one or two moves from the deal. That's it. Meanwhile, Mewtwo's sporting a new pair of Mega Evos, new typing on said Evos, and newfound prominence not only in Pokemon Origins but also X/Y itself as an optional boss capture. So a lot of people were saying that Mewtwo would be replacing Jiggly in this(which I would be aghast at, I am not a Mewtwo fan in the least). I dunno if the Original 12 theory is anything to consider around here but the leak did insinuate it was worth something by having Ness beat out Lucas. Now it's up in the air, and that makes me rather anxious, to say the least, considering she and Ness were what got me huge into Smash in the 64 era.
Dude, one leak was wrong and you're acting like the sky is falling. Why not wait and let yourself be surprised instead of fussing? We'll know the roster in a couple of months - fuss about whether or not you're satisfied with the roster then, instead of freaking out for three months straight.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

The Kins posted:

Oh yeah, apparently today is the 16th anniversary of F-Zero X's Japanese release, which explains why Falcon was revealed today specifically.

Sixteen years. Goddamn.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Macaluso posted:

I wonder, with the inclusion of all these female alt costumes if we'll get a Mrs Pacman as well?

It's Ms. Pac-Man. She is an independent woman, thank you very much.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Endorph posted:

Dude, one leak was wrong and you're acting like the sky is falling. Why not wait and let yourself be surprised instead of fussing? We'll know the roster in a couple of months - fuss about whether or not you're satisfied with the roster then, instead of freaking out for three months straight.

Not even 3 months. The japanese 3DS release is only a little more than two months away. :neckbeard:

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Quest For Glory II posted:

They really need to put in more Western nintendo characters like [FILE NOT FOUND]

Geist Guy! He can be a Wii U-exclusive character that hurls items around the stage using the gamepad while everyone else is fighting.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

THE loving MOON posted:

Not even 3 months. The japanese 3DS release is only a little more than two months away. :neckbeard:

Doesn't it release like September 13th?

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

TheKingofSprings posted:

Doesn't it release like September 13th?

Oh my god you're right. It's a little less than two months.

I'm almost more excited for the Japanese release than the stateside one, I can wait to play a little longer but the sooner we get the roster the better. :allears:

Water-Raccoon
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Endorph posted:

Maybe just confirmation bias but surprises just tend to suck for me. I've got crap luck. That's why I try to get everything to a certainly. Try, being the key word here.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Water-Raccoon posted:

Maybe just confirmation bias but surprises just tend to suck for me. I've got crap luck. That's why I try to get everything to a certainly. Try, being the key word here.

Maybe you should stop so you cease making so many lovely posts itt

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
These new characters are cool and Smash 4 is going to be cool

Alright peace :cool:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Now that Jigglypuff haa a new typing (Normal/Fairy) they can give it some cool new attacks that come with that like Dazzling Gleam, as well as immunity to Charizard's final smash (since it's a Dragon). I hope they shake it up a little bit compared to Brawl.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
I'm super psyched for Smash4 now. :toot:

Finally a new character I'm interested in, and the Captain, my favorite character of Smash games past.

Theoretically how many more characters are there going to be? One of them has to be Simon Belmont or Alucard or Shanoa right? :negative:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

THE loving MOON posted:

Oh my god you're right. It's a little less than two months.

I'm almost more excited for the Japanese release than the stateside one, I can wait to play a little longer but the sooner we get the roster the better. :allears:

Man but I loved watching Brawl videos inbetween classes in college back when the game first came out in Japan. Won't be the same now because recording from the 3DS is hard/expensive.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Anatharon posted:

One of them has to be Simon Belmont or Alucard or Shanoa right? :negative:

Jonathan and Charlotte will be in together, they will be clones of Popo and Nana.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

Assuming Ganondorf is still in (God I hope he is), what do you guys think are the chances he will remain in a C. Falcon clone-ish state versus getting a whole new moveset? I mean it looks like Bowser's being changed up a whole bunch and while I've gotten rather fond of/used to Ganondorf's moveset, I wouldn't mind something new. What would it even be like? The possibilities....

Please don't cut Ganondorf :(

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Calaveron posted:

Man but I loved watching Brawl videos inbetween classes in college back when the game first came out in Japan. Won't be the same now because recording from the 3DS is hard/expensive.

It's not like there isn't a deluge of 3DS videos on Youtube already though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

BattleCake posted:

If Ganondorf doesn't make it, I hope some character at least inherits his version of Falcon's side-B move. My greatest joy in Brawl came from chokeslamming folks with the 'dorf.

Now that I think about it, though, I guess they could turn that into one of the custom moveset variations for Captain Falcon himself now. I'd be alright with that.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

less laughter posted:

Jonathan and Charlotte will be in together, they will be clones of Popo and Nana.

I'd take it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Someone pointed out that Lucina has no landing lag after she swipes in the air, I wonder if Nintendo did listen to everyone at e3?

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

BattleCake posted:

Cut Ganondorf and replace him with Toon Ganondorf.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Pissweak posted:

Cut Ganondorf and replace him with Toon Ganondorf.
Toon Ganondorf... covets that Smash, he supposes.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

BattleCake posted:

Assuming Ganondorf is still in (God I hope he is), what do you guys think are the chances he will remain in a C. Falcon clone-ish state versus getting a whole new moveset? I mean it looks like Bowser's being changed up a whole bunch and while I've gotten rather fond of/used to Ganondorf's moveset, I wouldn't mind something new. What would it even be like? The possibilities....

Almost certain that he's going to stay as Slow Captain Falcon. Much like Young/Toon Link/Falco, some of the clones are so ingrained into the games that changing them would probably be reacted to negatively by now, because that's just not how they fight.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Which is why he took so long to be revealed. The Cap doesn't get any buffer, Nintendo just gets better at showing off his abs. Remember Snake at his first appearance?

?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Calaveron posted:

His voice acting is perfection, though.

You can't state this until they restore his Smash Bros 64's Falcon Punch cry.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
They should have announced Snake today with the Bauer voice because of the 24 finale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother

Water-Raccoon posted:

Guess I should clarify my stance. I'm a bit disheartened by the recent announcements because they debunk the leak that was circulating before. I'm sad to see the leak go because it was letting me rest easy on a number of other characters I liked that I now believe are in dire peril if not outright cut.

Ness: People want Lucas instead, Lucas has better characterization, and Mother 3 is hype among fans, not like has-been Earthbound.
Jigglypuff: Do I really need to explain how revulsed a lot of peeps are with her, and how hard people want Mewtwo back? Plus, she barely dodged the knife once back in Brawl.
Wolf: Spacie clone. I liked his brutish style of fighting, but there's no need for him if Falco's back, and I think Falco may be hinted at by Captain Falcon's picture(the one with him exiting the Blue Falcon in his intro).
R.O.B.: Meet the single most hated character this side of G&W.

Perhaps I should have been more selective about what I supported, but man it felt good to not need to worry about those four. :( Happy for Falcon fans, but I don't use him.

Stop being a weirdo and crying over things that haven't even happened yet. Just chill out and see who is in the line up when it's released.

• Locked thread