Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

prefect posted:

I would be up for something, although I don't qualify for nightmare dungeons yet, as I haven't gone through all the elite ones.
I'm up for helping out on Saturday (I assume this is US time?). Oceanic timezone means everything except the weekend my time is basically out since everyone the other side of the lake will be asleep when I get home from work.

Edit: We can probably drag you through all the elites you don't have in a couple hours. That's what Zepho, Rhan and Cheston did for me, anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I am officially incapable of talking to funcom in any way other than /petitions. They took away my ability to send PMs to people today after I had to give a follow up to Raisers thread from yesterday.

When I found this out I may have gone about advertising it in #event because they finally managed to squash all ways to communicate with them. I consider that an event.

Well through my ramblings of a mad man I roused the Community Manager from his slumber and got him in #event chat talking where it was magical. I asked him what the official stance of Funcom is on the bridge mobs not spawning properly since the above thread resulted in zero real answers and some white noise.

I got this in return:

quote:

[#Event] [*CM_Tomium]: Funcom has given you, specifically, all of the information you need.
[#Event] [EvilBillMurray]: no. they specifically haven't. they've told me "you're doing it wrong" and "it's broken"
[#Event] [*CM_Tomium]: I have answered your question EvilBillMurray. That is where that conversation ends.

So apparently the official stance is "We're sorry there was any confusion. Don't talk about the Emperors clothes."

Dorito and I were waiting patiently for me to get banned or something too because I just kept hassling him about bugs that still haven't been fixed. He took longer and longer to reply until he just said "Good Bye everyone"

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Man. Just the other day, I was reminiscing about Sleeper's Tomb...

But seriously, I really wonder what their procedures are supposed to look like. If one GM is giving one answer, and another is offering something completely different, then either they don't know (and god knows what their internal knowledgebase looks like) or they don't really give a poo poo and just want to close the ticket.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Len posted:

So I am officially incapable of talking to funcom in any way other than /petitions. They took away my ability to send PMs to people today after I had to give a follow up to Raisers thread from yesterday.

When I found this out I may have gone about advertising it in #event because they finally managed to squash all ways to communicate with them. I consider that an event.

Well through my ramblings of a mad man I roused the Community Manager from his slumber and got him in #event chat talking where it was magical. I asked him what the official stance of Funcom is on the bridge mobs not spawning properly since the above thread resulted in zero real answers and some white noise.

I got this in return:

So apparently the official stance is "We're sorry there was any confusion. Don't talk about the Emperors clothes."

Dorito and I were waiting patiently for me to get banned or something too because I just kept hassling him about bugs that still haven't been fixed. He took longer and longer to reply until he just said "Good Bye everyone"
That thread sure is a thing. It's good to know that Funcom can still do no wrong in the eyes of the pubbies as well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mercurius posted:

That thread sure is a thing. It's good to know that Funcom can still do no wrong in the eyes of the pubbies as well.

They have a selective memory. I asked a few events back if there had ever been an event that wasn't a bug filled mess. The most common pub answer?

"Christmas 2012"

The event where achievements weren't awarded, the contest was scrapped because day 1 it was exploited to pointless, and there was noone at Funcom to solve the problem.

BobTheJanitor
Jun 28, 2003

Does everyone get a massive FPS drop when you have a mission completion window open, or is it just me? Doesn't seem to happen with any other overlay. Lore, inventory, mission list, whatever, they work fine. Just the screen that comes up after you submit a report and select your reward, my FPS drops to single digits until I close it.

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Len posted:

They have a selective memory. I asked a few events back if there had ever been an event that wasn't a bug filled mess. The most common pub answer?

"Christmas 2012"

The event where achievements weren't awarded, the contest was scrapped because day 1 it was exploited to pointless, and there was noone at Funcom to solve the problem.

I know we all bought this company's game, but at the end of the day it's just a bunch of people making a living. It's not like we're their constituents or something. :confused:

Like, it sucks, but OF COURSE they are going to deflect and downplay problems with the game. Clearly, they don't have the time/manpower/expertise/money to fix this poo poo. Next best solution? Try to hide them. It's business. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am saying that their actions are not at all surprising and not even necessarily immoral, given the position they're in.

You're justified, but they might also be justified.

[edit]

That said, if you enjoy it, then more power to you I guess. :) This post came off as more critical than I really feel about all this.

Frankenstein Dad fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Jul 15, 2014

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Platbeard I love you but sometimes I think you and TSW need to take some alone time

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Frankenstein Dad posted:

You're justified, but they might also be justified.

I dunno, IMHO anyways, I'd feel a lot more good-will towards Funcom if they'd just outright come out and say "yeah look, we're aware it's broken, it's on our list of poo poo to fix, it'll be addressed as we have the time/manpower available for it". At least that's honest. Just adding my two cents. :shrug:

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein
Yeah, I don't really disagree, but the other side of the coin is Funcom trying to hide the weaknesses of their game, because they know they know that they might NEVER get a chance to fix them.

I guess I mean that maybe they're both right. We don't know anything about what's going on in the office, so raging out seems kind of rude.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Frankenstein Dad posted:

Yeah, I don't really disagree, but the other side of the coin is Funcom trying to hide the weaknesses of their game, because they know they know that they might NEVER get a chance to fix them.

I guess I mean that maybe they're both right. We don't know anything about what's going on in the office, so raging out seems kind of rude.

I can only assume that it's like when the broke the game with Issue 6. They don't want to tell us anything because they don't know what the problem is.

But really all I ask for is just being told "hey it's broken" and then them letting the GMs award the lore instead of making me having to wait an undetermined amount of time.

An example of that is the lore from Polaris where Funcom swore "There is a way to get the password it just hasn't been discovered yet." Clearly there wasn't because they rebroke the lockbox back so people could get the code again.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Frankenstein Dad posted:

My only real complaint about funcom with regard to TSW is that Joel and some of the upper tier folks can be super condescending dicks. Most places tone at the top so it's easy to fall into the assumption-rut where ones perceptions of the entire group get shaped by their perceptions of the visible upper crust.

All of my interactions with support have been alright, and they always did what they could. TSW has never been big on transparency, so when you mix significant problems with that and some condescending dickery you end up with Plat.

Though I'm pretty sure that the perception problem is a two way street and that supports view of Plat help shape their interactions with him in a negative way as well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

Though I'm pretty sure that the perception problem is a two way street and that supports view of Plat help shape their interactions with him in a negative way as well.

I have started every petition off very pleasantly. It isn't until people like GM Raetos tell me I'm too stupid to run under a bridge the Right Way that I start to get angry.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I am totally willing to tell people they're being overly combative, but I'm with Platbeard here. I don't... Okay, I don't want to say I don't care that things are buggy, but I am more or less accustomed to the current state of the game and #funcompetence. I'm not going to flip because something doesn't work. But this doesn't work, and we got two very different responses from GMs about it. Some GMs say everything is fine, some GMs say they know there are problems and are working on it. (The community seems to agree that there are problems with the scripting on many but not all dimensions.) This means one of two things:

1. GMs are instructed to lie to us about theses issues. Some of them are complying and some are not,

Or,

2. Funcom's internal processes are so poor that GMs do not have a consistent source of information on QA issues.

The second is more likely, but either way it's a problem. Is poo poo broken? Fine, let us know you're working on it. We don't even care if you have an ETA. We know your entire office staff at this point consists of two mice and a piece of string. We are used to bugs by now. I don't think it is remotely unreasonable to be angry that we wasted a lot of time trying to do something that Funcom assured us was working.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Allright so for dungeon runs on Saturday so far we have

1) Prefect
2) Mercurius
3) Me

Anyone else want to run some elites with us on Saturday? I was thinking at 6pm EST?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

1) Prefect
2) Mercurius
3) Me

Anyone else want to run some elites with us on Saturday? I was thinking at 6pm EST?

I should be able to join in. Unless someone gets off work early again I won't have plans till later in the day.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
I'm not sure what my schedule will be like on Saturday but if you need a warm body Plat can message me on Steam to see if I'm around.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

This was the greatest day of my life. Finally I could stand on my soapbox and tell you American scum that you got exactly what you deserved.
P.S. Sorry Osama that Americans were not compassionate enough to take you in peacefully. You deserved better.

Exmond posted:

1) Prefect
2) Mercurius
3) Me

I should be floating around by that time so if there's a gap I can pop it to do whatever.

GEMorris
Aug 28, 2002

Glory To the Order!

guppy posted:

2. Funcom's internal processes are so poor that GMs do not have a consistent source of information on QA issues.

Having worked there, I can assure you it is #2

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Len posted:

things

Well, I'm convinced. To be honest, I decided to give my 2 cents without really knowing what you're talking about, 'cause I haven't played the most recent Tokyo stuff, so my bad.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Exmond posted:

1) Prefect
2) Mercurius
3) Me

I would be down for these, in game name is Tenzarin.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Jul 15, 2014

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So for signets and augments, what's good for a solo DPS player at this point? I imagine Tokyo changed things up a bit.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Archonex posted:

So for signets and augments, what's good for a solo DPS player at this point? I imagine Tokyo changed things up a bit.

Augments are still completely optional, if you want to do the +X amount of attack/heal/hp rating ones those help stretch solo builds a bit.

Tokyo adds another +117 AR/HR purple major signet but this one is for the ring award associated with issue 9.

Basically, the old meta is still the meta. The real difference with tokyo is building up enough aegis skills to use modules (the center things in the aegis layout). While you can certainly build up percentages using capacitors and improved aegis weapons, certain modules will provide aegis damage on crit/pen/or on a percentage chance.

I currently have a QL2 module which has a 20% chance of causing 165 aegis damage and a second QL2 module that does 132 aegis damage when I crit. Thanks to these two modules I'm back to using my normal everyday solo build.

I expect them to get changed though, they're too good to be true

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Marx posted:

Augments are still completely optional, if you want to do the +X amount of attack/heal/hp rating ones those help stretch solo builds a bit.

Tokyo adds another +117 AR/HR purple major signet but this one is for the ring award associated with issue 9.

Basically, the old meta is still the meta. The real difference with tokyo is building up enough aegis skills to use modules (the center things in the aegis layout). While you can certainly build up percentages using capacitors and improved aegis weapons, certain modules will provide aegis damage on crit/pen/or on a percentage chance.

I currently have a QL2 module which has a 20% chance of causing 165 aegis damage and a second QL2 module that does 132 aegis damage when I crit. Thanks to these two modules I'm back to using my normal everyday solo build.

I expect them to get changed though, they're too good to be true

So I take it the lack of modules I have at the moment is why some of these missions are kicking my rear end? Some of them are just brutal with the enemies they throw at you. That one the dragon representative hands out where you clean out the safehouses is a bit ludicrous and time consuming for instance.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Archonex posted:

So I take it the lack of modules I have at the moment is why some of these missions are kicking my rear end? Some of them are just brutal with the enemies they throw at you. That one the dragon representative hands out where you clean out the safehouses is a bit ludicrous and time consuming for instance.

With modules I can have most shields down with a builder or two, without I'd be swinging away.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Marx posted:

With modules I can have most shields down with a builder or two, without I'd be swinging away.

Jesus. No wonder I was getting punked on the missions. I dropped a ton of pax on min-maxing my character, thinking it was a normal stat issue. Didn't expect them to be that useful after what they did with augments.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Archonex posted:

Jesus. No wonder I was getting punked on the missions. I dropped a ton of pax on min-maxing my character, thinking it was a normal stat issue. Didn't expect them to be that useful after what they did with augments.

The best advice I've gotten is go to the auction house and buy any AEGIS stuff you can use, even if it's all QL0. It makes a gigantic difference.

Satanos
Feb 5, 2010

I've never had an MMO sink it's claws into me before but this one has. It's just got so much charm.

I've made forays into Blue Ridge and then gone back to Kingsnorth to finish up all the main quests, last one left is Polaris which I haven't been able to beat yet (my party kept getting ganged because they're not good at hiding from cthulu).

I like it and I feel that claws/sword Clare Underwood Illuminati is the way to go for me... Just gotta improve those heals.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
I'm still disappointed that fist weapons are claws instead of big metal gloves that you punch people with. :(

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

When it comes to AEGIS mods I've had some luck with the one that does extra damage whenever you hinder a mob. I run some combination of blade/chaos/hammer so I slot close quarters and then drat near every swing of my weapon hinders the mob. I basically just slot my Fata Padurii build and go about my day.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Did Funcom actually change the rules behind effects being applied from hinder-inducing abilities to hinder-immune mobs, or is AEGIS just exempt from that because of reasons?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Brain In A Jar posted:

Did Funcom actually change the rules behind effects being applied from hinder-inducing abilities to hinder-immune mobs, or is AEGIS just exempt from that because of reasons?

I haven't run into many hinder immune mobs yet. Either that or I haven't been paying attention and I just think it's going faster. Both are equally plausible.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Brain In A Jar posted:

I know they deliberately changed it so you couldn't auto-cleanse the dot from the nm things by using the cleanse-on-hinder since they were hinder immune. It literally killed Rasheed.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Toshimo posted:

I know they deliberately changed it so you couldn't auto-cleanse the dot from the nm things by using the cleanse-on-hinder since they were hinder immune. It literally killed Rasheed.

You can blame the poo poo lords on the official forums for posting builds using exploit mechanics like the proc on hinder passives. Claretta got all butt hurt when they made it so she couldn't apply demolition man ever second and take all the dps.

Marx
Oct 24, 2003

Someone on the official forums posted this. Joel appeared during one of the last tokyo golem fights and turned into the filth t-rex. It looks different from past t-rex appearances, so perhaps it will be featured in the dungeon or raid in future tokyo issues.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Marx posted:

Someone on the official forums posted this. Joel appeared during one of the last tokyo golem fights and turned into the filth t-rex. It looks different from past t-rex appearances, so perhaps it will be featured in the dungeon or raid in future tokyo issues.

It would be pretty cool if the next dungeon was in a museum. That would give them the ability to have all sorts of cool things to fight we wouldn't normally get to. Filth animated dinosaur skeletons could just be the tip of the iceberg.

It probably won't be. But a museum dungeon would give them the ability to do so many neat things.

Edit: Really though they wouldn't do that because asking them to create new models for things is beyond expectations.

Len fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 17, 2014

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.
http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showpost.php?p=1778582&postcount=10

Joel confirms the truth about Filth T-Rex.

Claims it was originally planned for Tokyko, but Godzilla lawyers scared them away from the idea.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

For the dungeoneers on Saturday I just actually just looked at when 6PST actually is my time and it's right in the middle of when I already have stuff organised on Sunday and I'm unlikely to be able to make it :saddowns:

:australia:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Mercurius posted:

For the dungeoneers on Saturday I just actually just looked at when 6PST actually is my time and it's right in the middle of when I already have stuff organised on Sunday and I'm unlikely to be able to make it :saddowns:

:australia:

The poster said it would be 6pm EST not PST. I dunno if that makes a difference for you or not. But I know if it's PST I'll probably be out or getting ready to go out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Len posted:

The poster said it would be 6pm EST not PST. I dunno if that makes a difference for you or not. But I know if it's PST I'll probably be out or getting ready to go out.
Oops. Unfortunately EST is even worse, that's like 7:30am on Sunday my time :(

• Locked thread