Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
sting
:wcw:
:tastykake:
:a2m:
:q:
:douche:
:vince:
View Results

• Locked thread
DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure that ended just as they wanted it and Rollins wasn't hurt.

When you are ten feet from the ring with officials checking on you and the cameras do everything they can to not show you...you're probably injured and things aren't going as planned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Writer Cath posted:

God loving damnit, Jack Swagger, quit ruining poo poo!

Swagger's innocent. It was Aksana all along!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

The Grey posted:

Who replaces Rollins on the PPV?

BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK LESNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR

or CESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAROOOOOOOOOOO

(Plan C)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

The Grey posted:

Who replaces Rollins on the PPV?

Kofi

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
For real though this could be a plan c shindig but I doubt it.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

dialhforhero posted:

(Plan C)

They'd never let Ambrose face Lesnar. He might just decide to pull out the shotgun.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

dialhforhero posted:

(Plan C)

True, they may be down to Plan C.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Writer Cath posted:

They'd never let Ambrose face Lesnar. He might just decide to pull out the shotgun.

I'm sure Ambrose could figure out a way out of getting a shotgun pulled on him.

BTW, Plan C is now in effect.

Plan C is Cena Forever, especially when a rogue headbutt mysteriously cripples Roman Reigns within the next month.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Delsaber posted:

Swagger's innocent. It was Aksana all along!

Rey Mysterio exploited a loophole in Little People's Court to hide under the ring and savagely attack anybody who passed by to sate his bloodlust.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shima Honnou posted:

The marriage to Renee is off? :smith:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Shima Honnou posted:

The only match in history to end with the combatants drinking themselves into a stupid over their shared hatred of other people.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Rey Mysterio exploited a loophole in Little People's Court to hide under the ring and savagely attack anybody who passed by to sate his bloodlust.

"If I can't have knees then nobody will!"

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DFu4ever posted:

When you are ten feet from the ring with officials checking on you and the cameras do everything they can to not show you...you're probably injured and things aren't going as planned.

Why would the cameras show him? The last part of the match was designed to have the four people in the main event all fight each other. Rollins doesn't fit in that narrative.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait Rollins got hurt? gently caress ME I MISSED IT

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
Maybe they don't let Reigns do any moves because they know he will inevitably be injured in a devastating fashion.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

If Rollins is injured I don't see Ambrose getting a match with anyone else, The Authority are all out of heels to throw at him and adding him into a 20 man battle royal isn't going to do anything for him at all, especially as he's above midcard titles. Maybe he could run in on the main event to help out his buddy Roman?

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Why would the cameras show him? The last part of the match was designed to have the four people in the main event all fight each other. Rollins doesn't fit in that narrative.

When it's a work, they show you injured. When it's a shoot, they don't show you. He's hurt.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Blasmeister posted:

If Rollins is injured I don't see Ambrose getting a match with anyone else, The Authority are all out of heels to throw at him and adding him into a 20 man battle royal isn't going to do anything for him at all, especially as he's above midcard titles. Maybe he could run in on the main event to help out his buddy Roman?

"gently caress you, you're fighting Brad Maddox! Fear the devastating power of his adorable curly hair!"

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

What happens to the Money in the Bank contract?

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Kirios posted:

He can fill it with ice and use it to prop his leg up, I guess.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Kirios posted:

I guess he just keeps it unless he needs more than a year off.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

fart blood posted:

When it's a work, they show you injured. When it's a shoot, they don't show you. He's hurt.

member of the medical staff was running to Rollin's aid. Had to be a shoot

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

When there were refs darting over and you didn't have Cole yelling about it or making any mention of Rollins then it probably wasn't planned.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fart blood posted:

There was literally no reason to show him after he was taken out at that point because that spot was designed to keep him out of the rest of the match while the four people who are in the main event finished the show.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

member of the medical staff was running to Rollin's aid. Had to be a shoot

Yeah, if they don't show you there being all "Ow, ow, get off me doc!" or whatever, then it's definitely shoot.

RIP Rollins' push.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

There was literally no reason to show him after he was taken out at that point because that spot was designed to keep him out of the rest of the match while the four people who are in the main event finished the show.

And yet he's been a looming specter because of the case. They had every reason to show him. Though I hope you're right.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

Kirios posted:

AT SUMMERSLAM, ANOTHER MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT MATCH

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

dean ambrose vs. sting at battleground you heard it here first, folks

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Well, let's remember happier times

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Right after it happened King said something along the lines of "Oh, looks like Rollins just hurt is knee," so maybe it was planned. But Naitch throwing up the X and the cameras never panning to him makes me think it's legit. Fingers crossed.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Pistol Packin Poet posted:

AT SUMMERSLAM, ANOTHER MONEY IN THE BANK CONTRACT MATCH

A 20... no! 30 man Battle Royale!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Writer Cath posted:

And yet he's been a looming specter because of the case. They had every reason to show him. Though I hope you're right.

They finished with the case the last two weeks. They wanted to finish this show with Orton and Kane fighting and Cena and Reigns not all buddy buddy, and Reigns was the guy they wanted to end the show on.

Like, everyone is ignoring basic wrestling storytelling.

Pistol Packin Poet
Nov 5, 2012

Everyone needs an
escape goat!

That DICK! posted:

A 20... no! 30 man Battle Royale!

30 man battle royale match... in a steel cage!

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

They finished with the case the last two weeks. They wanted to finish this show with Orton and Kane fighting and Cena and Reigns not all buddy buddy, and Reigns was the guy they wanted to end the show on.

Like I said, I hope you're right, but I fear you're not.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

Here's Lil Naitch throwing the X if you were curious. It was quick because he needed to turn back to the match at hand. https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/488882956606259200/photo/1

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Everyone starts outside of the steel cage, first man in wins

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Le Saboteur posted:

Here's Lil Naitch throwing the X if you were curious. It was quick because he needed to turn back to the match at hand. https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/488882956606259200/photo/1

The X has been used as a work so many times that it's pointless to use that as evidence as a real injury or not. Same thing with trainers immediately going to a guy.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DeathChicken posted:

Everyone starts outside of the steel cage, first man in wins

Wait I've seen this one. Last one in has to do a striptease, right?

Striking Yak
Dec 31, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

"Dean, we're very disappointed in you. We didn't find a single drug in your system on our last test, so we're sending you home to think about what you've done."

No no no, you've got it all wrong. Dean actually did EVERY drug.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

The X has been used as a work so many times that it's pointless to use that as evidence as a real injury or not. Same thing with trainers immediately going to a guy.

Counterpoint: camera would be focused on that for drama reasons for at least a second.

• Locked thread