Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Oh I forgot about the Rock, he'll probably be #1.

e: Is speculation ok for these or frowned upon, I don't usually watch countdown live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I'm behind since I restarted Countdown instead of jumping in live. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't use Hogan's return to the red and yellow in WCW. Sure it was WCW in its dying days, but I thought it was really cool.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dango Bango posted:

I'm behind since I restarted Countdown instead of jumping in live. I'm kind of disappointed they didn't use Hogan's return to the red and yellow in WCW. Sure it was WCW in its dying days, but I thought it was really cool.

His return to the Red and yellow in WWF was pretty great too if I remember right.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

IcePhoenix posted:

Oh I forgot about the Rock, he'll probably be #1.

e: Is speculation ok for these or frowned upon, I don't usually watch countdown live.

I think it's fine - these shows basically spoil te entire top 10 in the opening montage so it's not really like you watch it to be shocked.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Undertaker is in at 0, when really, his place is 21-1st place.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Undertaker return montages, Sting confirmed for Raw.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice

projecthalaxy posted:

Undertaker return montages, Sting confirmed for Raw.

Stinger's return as Crow Sting was also in this episode, so it's mega confirmed!

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
The only thing more surprising than HHH being third is him seeming to imply that he was touched by everyone popping for him to the point that he almost cried.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

cena (returning at the rumble) winz lol

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Cena wins, lol.

It was probably deserved too. That rumble was actually the first time I'd ever seen or heard of John Cena.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Shima Honnou posted:

The only thing more surprising than HHH being third is him seeming to imply that he was touched by everyone popping for him to the point that he almost cried.

Nah Cena was huge and is also Cena so I expected that to be ahead of him, and Rock is obvious now that I remember it.

Although I am shocked that Rock is #2. I guess I shouldn't be.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

That Cena return was pretty nuts, since everyone thought he was still on the shelf. I don't remember reading about it before-hand, they did a really good job of keeping it a secret.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm kind of sad that Goldberg's arrival to WWE wasn't on the list, that was huge to me at least when I saw it, the crowd popped big for him, and the way he took Hollywood Rock out to set their feud up was legendary.

I think he would have been in Sting's spot if they weren't pimping Sting for his return. I don't know if I would qualify the entire year-long Crow run leading up to Starrcade as a single "return."

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Saying that guys were so surprised to see Cena at the Rumble they forgot to boo him really hit the nail on the head.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Bret looks healthier than when he first came back.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I've never seen someone so stoked to be on the bad side of a 6 on 1 handicap match.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Blasmeister posted:

Next week's Rewind is Orton vs. Angle vs. Rey. Interesting choice. Was that match even good? I know nothing about it other than it was the start of Rey's bad title reign.

I've always thought it was as an extremely good match that could have been fantastic if they had given it more than 10 minuntes.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Catching up on Countdown: Celebrities, and Hearing Jericho say "Bob Barker is a son of a bitch, and I'll fight him anytime, anywhere" is the best and makes me oddly nostalgic for the guest host era even though I know it mostly sucked

E: And Russo is still unapologetic for putting the belt on Arquette, ahahah

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 01:58 on Jul 10, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Mania 30 is airing right now. :gbsmith:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Daniel Bryan posted:

Mania 30 is airing right now. :gbsmith:

remember when we were excited about the future of the WWE

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

remember when we were excited about the future of the WWE

Yup

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

Watching this undertaker match, I think I finally caught the spot where Taker gets knocked out.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
YES

YES

Ye..... :smith:

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
The first episode of Nitro is on if anyone cares.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

mikemil828 posted:

The first episode of Nitro is on if anyone cares.

It's The Best Of Nitro DVD, actually.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Sting vs Flair in a mall. One shot allows you to see crowds of people riding the escalator in the background.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

How many times does sting go to that press slam jeeze.

flashy_mcflash posted:

Sting vs Flair in a mall. One shot allows you to see crowds of people riding the escalator in the background.

Um excuse you it's the Mall of America aka the biggest mall in the country you uncultured swine.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

flashy_mcflash posted:

To be fair, they do a ton of crazy poo poo in the Mall of America. It's not just "a mall." That whole section is used for big events. I once met the Ninja Turtles there, and a week ago they had a giant Nintendo thing set up. They've also held concerts there before. I'd say the first episode of Nitro is probably on about the same level as an Avril Lavigne show, honestly.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Jesus, this is so 2000 it hurts.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
So far this is the same thing they showed last week, just with a different framing device.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

This is a pretty good TV Main Event. I hope Arn busts some spine.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
Personally I can't wait for Nitro to finally start coming to The Network.

sonicice
Oct 21, 2000

Michael J Beverage, I've got a bone to pick with you.
The Best of WCW Nitro, featuring Nitro Parties and the Nitro Girls

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Keep in mind folks, this is the best of Nitro.

laz0rbeak
Oct 9, 2011
I love how everyone reacts to a backstage baseball bat attack like it's the most despicable thing in history. I especially love Alex Wright in his leather jacket and trunks checking on Scotty Riggs.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
Scotty riggs is dead.

tecnocrat
Oct 5, 2003
Struggling to keep his sanity.

Wow. Forgot Jericho's old music was a bad version of "Evenflow".

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Daniel Bryan posted:

Keep in mind folks, this is the best of Nitro.

The 2nd DVD is better.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Wow, this Outsider's Gang War segment is great. Jimmy breaking up the main event, Mysterio going for a crossbody out of the trailer, Macho hanging off the limo while they escape, this is pretty griping. No wonder people were so into this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

College Slice
I can't believe they're giving away Goldberg/Hogan on Best Of Nitro.

• Locked thread