Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, WHAT?!?!?!?!?

From The Future!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

TerminusEst13
Mar 1, 2013

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Probably, I'm not sure if I even bothered to look at it when it was posted, I just remember someone in this thread claiming it was an exact match for one of the ones on the Smash site. Guess not!

v:v:v

The Crusher
Aug 13, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT HOW MUCH I LOVE NEKOMIMI CLIFFYB

This is making me laugh a lot

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Don't take any stock in this 'destiny' hogwash.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

I think I want to see the original .gif of that more.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

mabels big day posted:

Don't take any stock in this 'destiny' hogwash.

Beautiful.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Falcon sucker Punch!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

The only way this gif could've been better is if it was Falcon doing the kick at the end.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Seshoho Cian posted:

so it seems that people in this thread are having a hard time telling the difference between the fire emblem representatives, so, allow me to help you out

this is Marth, (sword of luck and pluck not pictured), he is easily identified by his softer facial features

This is Ike. Note his association with the colour red.

This is Lucina. She's a girl.

I hope this sorts everything out.

Reminds me of something I saw elsewhere that went a bit more in-depth:

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

I wish they would announce Fat Farting Marth and Mr. Game and Marth already

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Don't forget Kid Marth and Other Pink Round Marth.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

W.T. Fits posted:

Medeus is the best.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I finally saw the trailer with sound. It's kind of hilarious to hear Lucina and Robin talking about everything with such desperation and to hear the old, Smash Brothers voice-acting kick in for FALCON PUNCH!

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Chromcha

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
Cool I can finally openly mock all you people who believed that one "leaker" who got lucky a few times. lol "he just got confused because anime sword guys look the same!" yeah hey cool I believe that, while I'm at it I have this great snakeoil to sell you.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So someone explain yo me they where's a male and female Robin? I never played Fire Emblem, do you pick the gender of certain characters?

BlackFrost
Feb 6, 2008

Have you figured it out yet?
More Fire Emblem characters are cool in my book. Robin looks really fun to play as, at least, and I'm cool with a female Marth.

God drat this game's roster is going to be huge at this rate.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sire Oblivion posted:

So someone explain yo me they where's a male and female Robin? I never played Fire Emblem, do you pick the gender of certain characters?
It's a Commander Shephard thing. Robin is the self-insert protagonist for FE13, so you can pick either gender. It's only a gameplay mechanic in Awakening and Heroes of Light and Darkness.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Sire Oblivion posted:

Robin is the player's customizable character, Robin is just the default name (and the default appearances are what are used.)

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Sire Oblivion posted:

Transexual characters, gets a sexchange in the middle of the story.

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Jul 15, 2014

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

Sire Oblivion posted:

Robin is the default name for the player-avatar character in Awakening. You can customize his/her build, hairstyle and color, and a couple other things. I'm expecting Robin to have a lot of skin options.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DrPaper posted:

Tranny characters, gets a sexchange in the middle of the story.

After Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door's relatively respective portrayal, Nintendo decided they needed to broaden their minority representation. :v:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Cool jokes guys, thanks.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

THE loving MOON posted:

Robin is the default name for the player-avatar character in Awakening. You can customize his/her build, hairstyle and color, and a couple other things. I'm expecting Robin to have a lot of skin options.

This would be really nice, since I used the older dude in mine and seeing him as a little twerp is kind of jarring. Maybe they'll let you play with the hood up and be ~mysterious~ if not.

Lucina owns. Chrom in as a Final Smash owns (because he really would have been one too many blue haired sword men on his own.) Robin super owns, though I really want to see how his 'limited use' tomes work.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008

mistaya posted:

This would be really nice, since I used the older dude in mine and seeing him as a little twerp is kind of jarring. Maybe they'll let you play with the hood up and be ~mysterious~ if not.

It seems like it would be really easy for them to do compared to other skins, since all they have to change is the hair and maybe the facial features and call it good. There won't be different heights/builds though

edit: a dreadfighter reskin would be really cool, they also use swords and magic

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jul 15, 2014

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Endorph posted:

Medeus is the best.
MarthMarthMarth is the actual best.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Cool jokes guys, thanks.

Get over it you baby.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

DrPaper posted:

Get over it you baby.

Utterly destroyed, that guy.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Sire Oblivion posted:

As you can see, they picked the boring default option.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Terper posted:

As you can see, they picked the boring default option.

Maybe we'll luck out and like the Villager, the alts will have different hair styles.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Why is it only the short F!Avatar that gets the Goku hair

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

I'm very sad that the male Robin is a bishy-pretty boy and not Anime Johnny Rotten in the bottom right there.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I think Robin is the first newcomer I'm really interested in playing as. The others I think are cool inclusions and I'll be glad to fight against them, but I'm not really that interested in actually playing as them. Robin though, I really want to shoot magic at people then chuck the book at them when it's used up. This was easily my favorite video so far.

I hope they gave Robin some of the other hairstyles and faces as different their different colors, but I'm not expecting it. It'd probably be a bunch of unnecessary work to rig different hairstyles to move correctly. We definitely aren't going to see the small or tall builds for them either since that would completely change their hitboxes.

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!
REX COLT
drops in!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DrPaper posted:

Get over it you baby.
Dude, you made a poo poo joke. Sorry you can't handle that?

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
PLEASE DO NOT START AN ARGUMENT OVER JOKES ABOUT TRANS PEOPLE IN THE SUPER SMASH BROTHERS FOR WII U AND 3DS THREAD

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Guys please don't say 'Baby' in a thread that Samus may be reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Endorph posted:

Dude, you made a poo poo joke. Sorry you can't handle that?

Every other post in this thread is a lovely joke, but as soon as there's one about a characters gender you felt the need to comment on it.

• Locked thread