Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Sasuke was never exactly perceptive or prone to questioning much of anything. He was always a tool for smarter people who barely had to try to manipulate him into doing whatever they wanted. He acted as Itachi's tool until Obito got hold of him, then later switched back to Itachi, and more recently the sage got in on the act too.

Heck, I'd say that if Big O hadn't been half conscious from pain most of the time the whole body stealing thing would have gone off without a hitch. He could have kept the fact that he was switching bodies entirely secret if his need for it hadn't been so glaringly obvious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

pixaal posted:

Series needs to end with everyone disappearing completely black page, not panel. A few panels opening to white as Sasuke opens his eyes he is in a padded cell with a man standing over him asking if he remembers who he is. Managa over.

It was all about Brain Problems.

We cut to a young Sasuke holding a snowglobe.

"I don't understand this autism thing, Hokage. Here's my son. I talk to him. I don't even know if he can hear me, because he sits there, all day long, in his own world, staring at that toy. What's he thinking about?"

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Stolen from the WWE thread.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
Naruto 685

this sure was a chapter where things happened

EDIT: replaced with mangastream's version

Namnesor fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jul 15, 2014

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Well we learned Sasuke's new sharingan ability I guess. Oddly I feel like I've seen that ability in a video game before somewhere, though I can't place which one. I want to say Portal or Transistor, but that can't be right. And yep, just a Naruto clone, so she fell for the oldest ninja trick.

d[-.-]b
Aug 1, 2004

my fav champ that hero who cats a spell that make all bad guy fall down and say my dick BIG

Coughing Hobo posted:

Naruto 685

this sure was a chapter where things happened

EDIT: replaced with mangastream's version

I was convinced you just linked last week's chapter until I got to the second half.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Dexo posted:

Stolen from the WWE thread.

God drat me and my life; I wish all of that didn't make sense to me.:smithicide:

Yeahhhhhh, I have to say Naruto is pretty damned impressive when its pacing is this bad; could we have fit two Bleach arcs in this span? I bet we could.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sakura: "I'm going to do just as well as Naruto!"
*gives all of her chakra so someone else can do things*
"Oh no, the acid is making it so I have to take my clothes off"
"And now I'm out of chakra and totally useless again and we only succeeded based on someone elses bullshit in the end and not my own chakra contributing efforts."

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Useless via multiple proxies.

Kaguya continues to be only female character with a goodly amount of agency.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Ninja Jesus and his Truth Seeking Balls.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So Sasuke's super power is half an ability that even Sakura could do back in the Chunin Exam arc? I guess it's supposed to be impressive he did it with a tore up jacket instead of a log.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Useless via multiple proxies.

Kaguya continues to be only female character with a goodly amount of agency.

How much agency does she really have? It seems like her "son" calls the shots.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Torrannor posted:

note: goodly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Torrannor posted:

At least everything is right in the world of Naruto once again.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This was bad and Kishi should feel bad. Also, did that redux of the previous chapter tell us anything we didn't already know? I don't think so.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

Darth TNT posted:

This was bad and Kishi should feel bad. Also, did that redux of the previous chapter tell us anything we didn't already know? I don't think so.

It's like it was supposed to make us realize Sakura and Obito were hidden, and that Naruto was a clone, except because everything is loving indecipherable it was just the same panels again

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011
I still have no idea what's going on. Can someone explain?

The last chapter (684) shows Obito and Kakashi popping out of Kamui and Obito's talking to Sakura for some reason. Then Sakura's face shows up in the next panel. Kakashi is then left by himself along with some footprints and Obito is gone.

Naruto's clone dies and then in this chapter it shows Naruto, Sakura, and Obito popping out of Kamui. :confused:

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
You know how stories like to have something happen, then flashback and examine what happened in more detail?

That was basically this entire chapter.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

I never thought a portal to a dimension full of acid could be made such a boring and easily resolved problem.
So, congrats, Kishi. I guess.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007

"d[-.- posted:

b" post="432218754"]
I was convinced you just linked last week's chapter until I got to the second half.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

Storgar
Oct 31, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

You know how stories like to have something happen, then flashback and examine what happened in more detail?

That was basically this entire chapter.

I get that part, I was just confused over who was coming in and out of Obito's technique. People are just showing up and disappearing.

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars
I would laugh if by the time they defeat god mum and zetsu everyone hooked up to the tree is already a husk and dead.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I like how Sasuke and Naruto are two sides of the same coin after the power up:
Naruto:
Brings people back to life
6 black orbs that are outside the elemental spectrum
Can fly
Has the tailed beasts
Can sense shadow clones

Sasuke
can see shadow clones
Can teleport short distances...sometimes

Half of Dracula posted:

It's like it was supposed to make us realize Sakura and Obito were hidden, and that Naruto was a clone, except because everything is loving indecipherable it was just the same panels again

because that wasn't "obvious" last chapter? I mean as obvious as the messy art can be.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Sasuke does also have all the rinnengan shenanigans.

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Wittgen posted:

And all the usual eyehax - Amaterasu, Susano'o, etc.

But yeah, that was some seriously retarded plotkai. AWAKEN CONVENIENTLY, MY TELEPORTATION POWERS!

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Wittgen posted:

Wait, so he has access to all the dozen or whatever paths of Pain?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BigLeafyTree posted:

Wait, so he has access to all the dozen or whatever paths of Pain?

Yes, but for whatever reason has not used any of them.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Gyges posted:

Maybe they're being saved up for some big showdown with Susano'o, the paths of Pain, all the animal summons Naruto and Sasuke can muster between the two of them, and all the tailed beasts on one side, against whatever Kagura cooks up on the other.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
i wonder what the "big announcement" is?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Race Realists posted:

i wonder what the "big announcement" is?

Probably the official announcement of the 7th Shippuden movie.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Gyges posted:

How do we know he has all the paths? I do not remember at any time this being revealed in any way.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Shodai posted:

How do we know he has all the paths? I do not remember at any time this being revealed in any way.

He has a super Rinegan. Just a regular Rinegan gives you the various paths powers.

Shodai
Aug 18, 2006

Gyges posted:

He has a super Rinegan. Just a regular Rinegan gives you the various paths powers.

Zero proof has been shown to validate that claim, no sense spreading conjecture as fact. Yea, it seems logical, but logic doesn't apply in this manga anymore.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Sasuke hasn't used his Sharingan's basic abilities in forever but that doesn't mean he can't use them anymore.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Gyges posted:

Was Sasuke even present when someone used a rinnegan? By the time he started to fight Madara, Madara had already switched to using sage stuff. It is possible that he has no idea about the paths.

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Q: What does Kishimoto use to plan his story?

A: http://imgur.com/wb3Bz6q

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Brandfarlig posted:

Q: What does Kishimoto use to plan his story?

A: http://imgur.com/wb3Bz6q
:)

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

BlitzBlast posted:

Sasuke hasn't used his Sharingan's basic abilities in forever but that doesn't mean he can't use them anymore.

He just used Amaterasu against Kaguya so he still has his Sharingan abilities. They're obviously not as OP as his Super Rinnegan so he won't use them when it really matters.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I lost track of what the various eyes did about 500 chapters back, so I've always assumed they just do whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I lost track of what the various eyes did about 500 chapters back, so I've always assumed they just do whatever.

Sharingan: Instantly comatize whoever looks into your eyes, summon undying flames of hell, summon a demon of ultimate offense+defense, rewrite reality, trap people in infinite groundhog-day loops, travel to alternate dimensions, and now teleportation.

Rinnegan: Create six dudes of varying power, create black chakra rods of taking control of things, rip apart the earth to create a moon using a high-gravity sphere, resurrect people based on arbitrary qualifiers, LIMBO (create 4 invisible copies of yourself), trap the entire world in an infinite dream, summon roots of the Tree of Life accross the entire world to trap enslave and consume people.

Byakugan: ....see chakra?

• Locked thread