Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Oh the Adam Pally ep where he gets openly antagonistic with them is terrific too. Partially because I know that Adam Pally loves antagonistic improv and partly because Sean and Hayes fumbling is hilarious.

Follow Adam Twitter,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

Oh the Adam Pally ep where he gets openly antagonistic with them is terrific too. Partially because I know that Adam Pally loves antagonistic improv and partly because Sean and Hayes fumbling is hilarious.

that one is actually bad because he makes fun of my favorite twitter account, @tobykeithsweat

the shelby fero one is also very funny because of the boys trying to scramble around to talk youthfully

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I stopped listening when Hayes didn't even know the difference between an offer only deal and a holding deal. Like are you loving serious?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
Hollywood Handbook has had a lot of great moments, but Teen Pope has probably made me laugh more than anything else this year. I can't even listen to it at the gym because it cracks me up every time.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone

The_Rob posted:

I stopped listening when Hayes didn't even know the difference between an offer only deal and a holding deal. Like are you loving serious?

He also had no idea what the glaive from Krull was when Matt Gourley brought it up, as if he were some kind of non-geek adult man. That was mortifying.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Tacier posted:

I didn't think Aubrey sounded particularly eager to play their game, but I appreciated that they kept pelting her with a barrage of ridiculous questions anyway.

"You brought up the 'Stand Your Ground' law. How do you feel about George Zimmerman?"

The Scott Pilgrim censorship one where she's just like "Yeah, I had a loving horn in my mouth" was the best imo

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Analyze Phish is a good podcast.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

Analyze Phish is a good podcast.
Honestly, I wasn't really prepared for it to get THIS real.

Harris didn't need to be confronted on his status as not a chiller like this :(

EDIT: Scott was absolutely right though, Harris is not a chill dude and drugs probably helped him create that illusion.

EDIT 2: My favorite part of every Phish song is where I have a visceral reaction to how lovely the lyrics are.

cams fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jul 10, 2014

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

cams posted:

EDIT 2: My favorite part of every Phish song is where I have a visceral reaction to how lovely the lyrics are.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNHIFM0Y87c

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

cams posted:

Harris didn't need to be confronted on his status as not a chiller like this :(
Ya, that was pretty devastating. And then Scott being like "hey when the hell am I going to get my amends?"...so heavy.

cams posted:

I winced at the "World's Greatest Dad" part. But my lord, the rap was so gloriously horrendous.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

isnt that right posted:

that one is actually bad because he makes fun of my favorite twitter account, @tobykeithsweat

To be fair I follow that guy and he's a total boner

On that Pally episode when they asked him what he got his television commercial agent for Christmas I almost died

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

WOMBAT

Had to have that, had to have that

You wombat, had that

You gotta to take it with you when you're going forward
If you're moving on, you gotta leave it behind
(Know you got to leave it behind)

You wombat, you had that

It's kinda like the theme to the 'Fish' TV show
You know, with Abe Vigoda

(Bring it forward or leave it behind)

You been working, took a big job

(highly but deadly)
That purple's caught in the centifuge
Never did tumble over the side of a hill
By a man named Wilson
Heading down to Baton Rouge
Spit out the seeds, gnaw on the pulp
Suck on the juice and simmer the rinds

Herbivorous, crepuscular

You had to have, bring it forward or leave it behind

Cuddly, but muscular
Herbivorous, crepuscular

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
"The Line... "
"... The Witch and the Wardrobe?"

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

What happened to the Fogelnest Files

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Jake got real busy with show business.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Also he lives in a toilet and the acoustics are terrible and you can't even fit a microphone in there. The good news is you can catch Toilet Jake on some brand new episodes of VH1's I Love The 2000's.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

This is no laughing matter, doc. I really like wasting my work day listening to that ape goof around with his showbiz pals and there has been a severe lack of it lately

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Just listen to the Todd Glass episode on repeat until he releases a new one. Or watch the Youtube of it if you can hide it from your boss.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Yo

Yo fukk Jake Fogelnest

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Now it's more like The Fogelnest Fails :twisted:

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Mr. Squishy posted:

Now it's more like The Fogelnest Fails :twisted:

there's no need for profanity

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Improv for Humans #142
"Got…spooge on the crucifix."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is admittedly kinda PYFish, but:

I'm building a Best Of How Did This Get Made playlist to listen to for longer drives and/or bike travels. What episodes would be included? And if you're being through, what moments made you add it?

So far I've decided on:

- No Holds Barred (I love the "visual jokes on an audio podcast" line and the rest of funny as sin)
- Mortal Kombat
- Deck The Halls ("YOU MADE ME WATCH THIS MOVIE, ASSHOLES!")
- Halloween III
- Crocodile Dundee In Los Angeles (Background story is awesome)
- Sharknado
- Howard The Duck (consistently funny, great scene where June is vindicated)
- Street Fighter ("What is a Street Fight-ter?")
- Reindeer Games ("WHAT IS HAPPENING?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?"
- Sleepaway Camp ("We're still in Minute One of this movie...")
- Birddemic
- The Room

Am I missing any with strong hilarious, won't-get-stupid-listening-to-it-repeatedly moments?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

88 Minutes is one of my favorite episodes, but it does hinge on how much you like Pete Holmes.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Roadhouse, if only for Rawdoggin and "give me that baby"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Senator Giroux posted:

Roadhouse, if only for Rawdoggin and "give me that baby"

Yea you pretty much listed the best but you gotta have Roadhouse.

"I'M GONNA FIND THAT BABY"

Also Barb Wire and Timothy Green because they actually produced fairly interesting discussion on the verdict section as well as some solid jokes.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.

MisterBibs posted:

This is admittedly kinda PYFish, but:

I'm building a Best Of How Did This Get Made playlist to listen to for longer drives and/or bike travels. What episodes would be included? And if you're being through, what moments made you add it?

So far I've decided on:

- No Holds Barred (I love the "visual jokes on an audio podcast" line and the rest of funny as sin)
- Mortal Kombat
- Deck The Halls ("YOU MADE ME WATCH THIS MOVIE, ASSHOLES!")
- Halloween III
- Crocodile Dundee In Los Angeles (Background story is awesome)
- Sharknado
- Howard The Duck (consistently funny, great scene where June is vindicated)
- Street Fighter ("What is a Street Fight-ter?")
- Reindeer Games ("WHAT IS HAPPENING?! WHAT IS HAPPENING?"
- Sleepaway Camp ("We're still in Minute One of this movie...")
- Birddemic
- The Room

Am I missing any with strong hilarious, won't-get-stupid-listening-to-it-repeatedly moments?

The single best moment on the show is on judge dread where june explains that she thinks rob Schneider was a computer expert who was hacking the spaghetti robot rather than sitting in a trash can with noodles on him.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'd suggest #63 Fast & Furious 6 w Adam Scott just for their infectious love of the franchise.
I never listened to it but maybe find and download the Smurfs episode with PFT?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
The "Animal Cruelty" clip from this week's Mr. Nanny episode really is amazing. "That's not a 'He enjoys this' throw, that's an 'I gotta get rid of this dog' throw."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JybA_nSPnG0

Also, the soundtrack :psyduck:

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

The Ape of Naples posted:

I'd suggest #63 Fast & Furious 6 w Adam Scott just for their infectious love of the franchise.
I never listened to it but maybe find and download the Smurfs episode with PFT?

I've listened to it, but I honestly don't remember anything about it. I wouldn't say skip it if you find it, but I certainly wouldn't put it on the best of.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
I forgot how the rest of the episode went (although PFT was the guest so it couldn't have been bad), but I loved the segment in the After Earth episode when June thought that Will Smith was able to blow out the candles through the video call and Jason and Paul started losing their minds.

Beeez
May 28, 2012

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

The single best moment on the show is on judge dread where june explains that she thinks rob Schneider was a computer expert who was hacking the spaghetti robot rather than sitting in a trash can with noodles on him.

That is a great one, but I'd also put into the running the time where she said, in the Congo episode, "These monkeys don't know which way is up!" totally sincerely.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
And of course, how can we forget, Street Fighter, where she legitimately asks "No really though...what is a street fighter?"

June is a loving gem and her 100% sincerity in dealing with terrible movies is wonderful.

SHVPS4DETH
Mar 19, 2009

seen so much i'm going blind
and i'm brain-dead virtually

Ramrod XTreme
I don't know if her overwhelming concern is a bit but either way it's amazing. She also tends to pull the show back to earth when things go off the rails which I appreciate.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Hollywood Handbook ads are superior to any other podcast.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Put me down for someone that doesn't get the massive love for Hollywood Handbook too. I checked it out after all the recommendations here, but it's mostly just okay for me.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ENNNHHH! WRONG!!

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Is Jason Nash the first person to make a Sean Hayes joke with them? If so I can't believe it hasn't been done before.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

rapeface posted:

Put me down for someone that doesn't get the massive love for Hollywood Handbook too. I checked it out after all the recommendations here, but it's mostly just okay for me.

Did you listen to the Teen Pope (Brian Huskey) episode? You should really listen to Teen Pope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rapeface posted:

Are you from some loving flyover state where you work at a sludge factory? This podcast is for true Hollywood insiders.