Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.

Crummelhorn posted:

Did anyone end up doing one of those lengthy plot summaries for Z3-1?

There's one on gamefaqs over here.
It starts off a bit bare-bones but, as the missions go along, it goes into more detail and translates several lines and scenes (currently up to mission 39).

Of course, there's also Mneidengard over here, with all the issues it carries (up to mission 10, the three-way route split).

That's as good as you're gonna get, really, and (as far as I know) there are no other options for story summaries.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

There are people translating stages on Youtube but only a handful so far. (Admittedly a handful of really big plot stages.)

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I feel like the main thing you need to know is that everyone is trapped in the titular Time Prison, and the whole game is Char attempting to fix this. His plan to do this just involves dropping Axis because that's what Char does okay. also because it's a massive singularity

Also the originals are boring.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Personally I think it would be kind of amazing if suddenly Suzune throws Hibiki under the bus because the Genion requires it and she's the protagonist for the rest of the game.

It won't happen but, it would be great.

Bertram Weatherby
Jul 23, 2013

Curse you Furuhata!

Crummelhorn posted:

Did anyone end up doing one of those lengthy plot summaries for Z3-1?

http://pastebin.com/fwhsDG0b

There's this, which isn't complete but will supposedly be updated in the future.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Here's some new screenshots for Super Hero Generation.

Gundam Breaker is getting a PlayStation Vita the Best re-release in September. Play-Asia has it pegged for $30 USD. So if you're like me and have been waiting to get GB then your ship has finally come in! I'm probably just going to snag a used Vita copy of the original release for that price of eBay because the PS the Best box art is ugly as gently caress.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Policenaut posted:

Here's some new screenshots for Super Hero Generation.

Gundam Breaker is getting a PlayStation Vita the Best re-release in September. Play-Asia has it pegged for $30 USD. So if you're like me and have been waiting to get GB then your ship has finally come in! I'm probably just going to snag a used Vita copy of the original release for that price of eBay because the PS the Best box art is ugly as gently caress.

It's quite an enjoyable game, if kinda grindy if you want the cool parts. Whenever people get around to getting it, make sure to post in this thread about it, we could setup some multiplayer which makes the grinding much more enjoyable. Plus, it's always fun to see other peoples frankenmechs.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's quite an enjoyable game, if kinda grindy if you want the cool parts. Whenever people get around to getting it, make sure to post in this thread about it, we could setup some multiplayer which makes the grinding much more enjoyable. Plus, it's always fun to see other peoples frankenmechs.

Yup, I'm through end game and happy to help out if you're in a tough spot, OR bring you along into a later scenario so you can score some way overpowered parts and completely steamroll the early parts of the game.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

I feel like the main thing you need to know is that everyone is trapped in the titular Time Prison, and the whole game is Char attempting to fix this. His plan to do this just involves dropping Axis because that's what Char does okay. also because it's a massive singularity

Also the originals are boring.

I thought his entire plan actually hinged on NOT dropping it, the entire prison is basically built around that one decision but Full Frontal screws it up by being an exact copy of him and also a total douchebag. So Char essentially stalls long enough to set up some serious space wizardry.

also CCA is like way way better with Full Frontal as it's villain since he's basically Char Minus Zeta in this game

The originals are pretty dull but that's kinda the game coming to a full stop right before Interesting Things are about to happen to them :(

A good rule of thumb on battleships: Is the battleship's name also the title of the show it's coming from? If no then it's gonna be Pretty Bad 90% of the time.

EDIT: though I only have that one translated CCA stage on Youtube to base all this from, so I could be hilariously wrong :eng99:

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Jul 15, 2014

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Judging from the interface, this looks like it's going to be literally G Generation with Kamen Riders and Ultramen.

I am so completely down for this.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Yinlock posted:

I thought his entire plan actually hinged on NOT dropping it, the entire prison is basically built around that one decision but Full Frontal screws it up by being an exact copy of him and also a total douchebag. So Char essentially stalls long enough to set up some serious space wizardry.

also CCA is like way way better with Full Frontal as it's villain since he's basically Char Minus Zeta in this game

The originals are pretty dull but that's kinda the game coming to a full stop right before Interesting Things are about to happen to them :(

A good rule of thumb on battleships: Is the battleship's name also the title of the show it's coming from? If no then it's gonna be Pretty Bad 90% of the time.

EDIT: though I only have that one translated CCA stage on Youtube to base all this from, so I could be hilariously wrong :eng99:

To be fair to the Archangel, it's almost good in the first half of J. It's just the plot of SEED is absolutely brutal to the crew and as a result it's down to three people by the end when the Nadesico's still rocking 5 or 6. It definitely doesn't help that of all the secrets in J the only one from SEED are the IWSP packs and not, for example, keeping at least Kira's friends around.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Fred is on posted:

Judging from the interface, this looks like it's going to be literally G Generation with Kamen Riders and Ultramen.

I am so completely down for this.
So just to confirm, those are tiny Gundams and not giant Kamen Riders, right?

Davzz
Jul 31, 2008

quote:

Well, I haven't heard of any Anime called "Iron Gear" and "Soleil"...

Samurai Sanders posted:

Aren't Ultramen supposed to be huge too? Probably pulling some sort of SRW "everything takes up 1 tile no matter what their actual size is" abstraction here.

(Is Ultramen the plural of Ultraman?)

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Yinlock posted:

He's dropping it, he's just gambling that the Restoration will kick in before it does any actual damage. He's probably right, but Frontal and Gadlite cock it up. Part of the reason he lured Z-BLUE there specifically was as a contingency.

Yinlock posted:

Dragon's Hive.

MarsDragon
Apr 27, 2010

"You've all learned something very important here: there are things in this world you just can't change!"

Davzz posted:

Well, I haven't heard of any Anime called "Iron Gear" and "Soleil"...

I haven't heard of anything titled "Mother Vanguard" either.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Yinlock posted:

Frontal is necessary as the other singularity. Char needs to be Char from Char's Counter Attack to facilitate fixing the space time mumbojumbo, so hes basically dropping Axis as CCA Char would in order to fill his role as the singularity, while simultaneously insuring that Z-BLUE is there to stop him.

Its also hinted that Frontal is actually Char Aznable from a different timeline/dimension/etc.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

KoB posted:

Its also hinted that Frontal is actually Char Aznable from a different timeline/dimension/etc.

Isn't that impossible with the way dimension hopping works in the Z universe?

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE

Ethiser posted:

Isn't that impossible with the way dimension hopping works in the Z universe?

Yes. The fact that this is the exception is specifically called out as the clue to the identity of the Singularity.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

KoB posted:

Frontal is necessary as the other singularity. Char needs to be Char from Char's Counter Attack to facilitate fixing the space time mumbojumbo, so hes basically dropping Axis as CCA Char would in order to fill his role as the singularity, while simultaneously insuring that Z-BLUE is there to stop him.

But that completely fucks with Unicorn's story if Frontal is just Char from another dimension. The entire point of his character is he's some dude who was brainwashed and remodeled into what the people think is the ideal Char. Audrey even goes to the point of him not being remotely like the crazed CCA era Char or the mad for revenge MSG era Char, therefore he couldn't be Char. Then again, the plot of Unicorn didn't have the actual Char running around secretly being Zeta era Char the whole time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TARDISman posted:

But that completely fucks with Unicorn's story if Frontal is just Char from another dimension. The entire point of his character is he's some dude who was brainwashed and remodeled into what the people think is the ideal Char. Audrey even goes to the point of him not being remotely like the crazed CCA era Char or the mad for revenge MSG era Char, therefore he couldn't be Char. Then again, the plot of Unicorn didn't have the actual Char running around secretly being Zeta era Char the whole time.

Unicorn's plot is already being heavily altered. Marida Cruz is a prototype, ZZ Gundam never happened, CCA hasn't happened yet, Laplace's Box is something different, ect, ect.

Edit: And that's ignoring that it is occurring in the middle of a Super Robot War.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~

TARDISman posted:

I think the idea is that Char and Full Frontal are supposed to represent two of the major possible routes for the Red Comet to take - duality is sort of a key motif in Z3, what with the Gemini and all. Full Frontal is a "Red Comet" that grew cynical and weary of humanity's constant infighting and hypocrisy, so he earnestly sought to drop Axis and keep humanity in the Time Prison. I like to think that he pretty much went through MSG-Zeta as depicted in the series without any SRW influences and wound up in Z3-verse at about the same point CCA Char would have been at. On the other hand, Char is a "Red Comet" that knew about the dark possibilities within him ahead of time (thanks to DOME showing everyone the Black History back in Z1), saw the possibilities humanity possessed in his multiversal travels, and ultimately decided to place his trust in that potential.

e: basically Z3.1 is one big Char circlejerk

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Samurai Sanders posted:

Gundams and Ultramen are almost always person-sized (and anthropomorphized in the Gundams' case) in these games so it's a pretty safe bet. Then again, the battleships seem to take up roughly as much map space as they do in G Gen, so who even knows.

The official answer is probably "*shrug*".

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Fred is on posted:

Gundams and Ultramen are almost always person-sized (and anthropomorphized in the Gundams' case) in these games so it's a pretty safe bet. Then again, the battleships seem to take up roughly as much map space as they do in G Gen, so who even knows.

The official answer is probably "*shrug*".

I like the way Hero Senki did it: Making the Gundam protagonists into KR-style henshin heroes, with their human-sized gundams as powered armor.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

http://srw-ogsf.suparobo.jp/story/index.php

A lot of screenshots for Coffin at the End are up on the official site.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
They actually made Phyllis look able to stand up straight this time. Also, Shu looks pretty snappy, as usual, and in fact the game in general looks better than I expected.

Shame about it costing so much to import.

Tobias Grant
May 16, 2009

Lucky for you, I'm a dog lover.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJ84DHvYHo

Twelve minutes of everyone calling Gadlight an rear end in a top hat.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
What the hell is Amara doing in Masou-Kishinworld?

Also it looks like they're pouring all sorts of budget into this, which makes me sad because I care way less about Masou Kishin than Z3, which seems a little shafted by comparison.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Tobias Grant posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JJ84DHvYHo

Twelve minutes of everyone calling Gadlight an rear end in a top hat.

Char says that he became Char again just to defeat Gadlight and restore the world. I hope he returns to Quattro and Z3-2 gives us the G-Gen Char with Quattro sunglasses, the raddest of Chars.

e: this also makes it sound like the original Singularities are not just Kei and Orson, but also a third (totally Xine/Queen).

KoB fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jul 29, 2014

Eternal Volfogg
Feb 13, 2012

BOMBER!!!!
Tengen Toppa Gurren lagann is soooooooo awesome :holy: please let us keep it Banpresto, please. The final fights in Z3.1 were some of the best in a while imho. That may just be because TTGL was such an amazing show though...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm sure we'll get it back (since they didn't kill Lord Genome and he can sacrifice himself to give it to us again) but probably not until the last stage or so again.

I'm wondering if we'll get to keep God Unicorn or if that'll also be a final-episode-only thing (or maybe an attack for Full Armor.)

KoB
May 1, 2009
While theyre fun I kind dont like Tengen Toppa/Chouginga because without the Tag system theyre way less useful than the other units. Being just a special event thing makes this less of a big deal since the shine doesnt have time to wear off.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

I'm sure we'll get it back (since they didn't kill Lord Genome and he can sacrifice himself to give it to us again) but probably not until the last stage or so again.

I'm wondering if we'll get to keep God Unicorn or if that'll also be a final-episode-only thing (or maybe an attack for Full Armor.)
Probably just be a final attack like they've been doing for years with the rest of the gundams I imagine.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
The GL fight was special from a plot and mechanical perspective and I will join the group that would like it to stay that way.

Besides, I'm going to be that guy and say that BEYOND THE TIME was a way better setpiece.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

My feeling is that Unicorn will be a big split depending on points/masteries/etc with exclusive secrets. One path nets you the novel ending with Double Last Shooting vs. Sinaju, and the other gets God Unicorn vs. Full Frontal's Bogus Newtype Acid Trip. Or as an off-site friend called it: "Fear and Loathing in La Place".

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Caphi posted:

The GL fight was special from a plot and mechanical perspective and I will join the group that would like it to stay that way.

Besides, I'm going to be that guy and say that BEYOND THE TIME was a way better setpiece.

I'll join in on being that guy. BEYOND THE TIME was my favorite lategame stage. Which isn't saying too much because it was in an SRW I found deeply unsatisfying on several levels, but I feel I'd have still been enamored as hell with it even if it was in a better game.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-bEB4PmyW0
New PV for Coffin of the End. Also, brace for incoming Engrish.

Seems Wendy is going the Rim route, swapping back and forth between each personality.

ShiunTouya
Feb 16, 2012

Use Orgonite Buster here!

KoB posted:

Char says that he became Char again just to defeat Gadlight and restore the world. I hope he returns to Quattro and Z3-2 gives us the G-Gen Char with Quattro sunglasses, the raddest of Chars.

e: this also makes it sound like the original Singularities are not just Kei and Orson, but also a third (totally Xine/Queen).

I've never seen this. Do you have a picture around?

I'm so happy we got this Char instead of the movie one. It was amazing when my expectations turned out right.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Rascyc posted:

Probably just be a final attack like they've been doing for years with the rest of the gundams I imagine.

Unicorn's finisher is almost guaranteed to be a "fire everything at once, spam shield funnels, run over and do a karate chop for the dynamic kill".

God Unicorn isn't even an attack. More likely to be an event.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

BlitzBlast posted:

Unicorn's finisher is almost guaranteed to be a "fire everything at once, spam shield funnels, run over and do a karate chop for the dynamic kill".

God Unicorn isn't even an attack. More likely to be an event.

Honestly, as long as the shield funnels have their own attack I'll be more than satisfied, since that was my favorite thing about Full Armor Unicorn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KoB
May 1, 2009

ShiunTouya posted:

I've never seen this. Do you have a picture around?

I'm so happy we got this Char instead of the movie one. It was amazing when my expectations turned out right.

I cant find one. I saw it on a DS game I think. I believe he showed up in a red Neo Neue Ziel or something and was the CCA Char with slicked back hair/Neo Zeon outfit but with :krad: shades.

• Locked thread