Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

AmiEsiM posted:

Thx man, much appreciated.

Out of curiosity, who was the other person you muted?

Man, I can't recall it was another shinobi/resurrection member though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011
I have been away for some time and missed the entire factions update. Having just finished catching up on the thread, how many goons still play this game?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ArdanSortek posted:

I have been away for some time and missed the entire factions update. Having just finished catching up on the thread, how many goons still play this game?

About 10 or so during US prime, otherwise it's usually just me online and maybe ICU (pubbie but chill as gently caress) idling.

Entire game took a hit when Swordsman came out and it's going to take another one Thursday when Archage goes open beta 7/17.

E: Also I kidnapped you the other day and it was kind of sad :smith:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

About 10 or so during US prime, otherwise it's usually just me online and maybe ICU (pubbie but chill as gently caress) idling.

Entire game took a hit when Swordsman came out and it's going to take another one Thursday when Archage goes open beta 7/17.

Speaking of pubbies, did phueng say anything to you about quitting i havent seen her in forever

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Natalie_Luna posted:

Speaking of pubbies, did phueng say anything to you about quitting i havent seen her in forever

She mentioned she was going on vacation a few weeks ago and I've not seen her since.

You TDH race traitor :frog:

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

She mentioned she was going on vacation a few weeks ago and I've not seen her since.

You TDH race traitor :frog:

Psh I was gonna join Huatah but Hejie was afraid I'd spy on his super secret plan of the game dying , and me finding his Goldpot, since I've figured out hes a green Lepricon, but the TDH guildchat was just too hilarious although half of it I didn't understand there was a lot of vietnamese in caps and FEEDZ, aparantly when I have a golden moment and don't suck its feedz playing on the account for me, who knew!

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 14, 2014

askas
Jun 17, 2013

In the latest Jianghu news Mutou disbanded the turtle raid seconds before it dies and snipes last hit.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Newsflash: Mutou's a shitler. I played Wushu for all of a week and figured that out.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

askas posted:

In the latest Jianghu news Mutou disbanded the turtle raid seconds before it dies and snipes last hit.

I love how loving idiots CONTINUE to put stock in that loving scum of the Earth when his attitude is literally this 24/7.

Everyone "respects" him because he's put the value of a small home into his loving character. Why would you ever respect somebody so loving awful with money.

E: This is time #2 he's mass hosed over people in the alliance. First time was feeding him and Intoxicate up to Sunflower 36 and then saying "gently caress you got mine" and making his poo poo little pay2win guild.

askas
Jun 17, 2013

Haquer posted:

I love how loving idiots CONTINUE to put stock in that loving scum of the Earth when his attitude is literally this 24/7.

Everyone "respects" him because he's put the value of a small home into his loving character. Why would you ever respect somebody so loving awful with money.

E: This is time #2 he's mass hosed over people in the alliance. First time was feeding him and Intoxicate up to Sunflower 36 and then saying "gently caress you got mine" and making his poo poo little pay2win guild.

Seems like a couple people were poo poo talking chaos so he didn't want them to get loot. Raid was reformed afterwards without those people and loot was distributed via random.org. Still a very childish way to handle poo poo.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/402

Feel like they are not even trying anymore.

"Just give us 650$ and you get a costume. lol." - AOW team.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

askas posted:

Seems like a couple people were poo poo talking chaos so he didn't want them to get loot. Raid was reformed afterwards without those people and loot was distributed via random.org. Still a very childish way to handle poo poo.

He also has oneshot (now EmporerDing) in his pocket since word is that he paid oneshot's snaildebt.

He has literally made raids with allies in them and mutou tells him chaos only so he boots everyone but chaos members. There's a reason I don't talk to our allied leaders anymore except about guild wars.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Someone on the game forums linked to previews of stuff we probably won't last to see.

1) http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/age-of-wushu-new-gameplay-features-detailed-for-jianghu-update/
The new areas added will have some sort of survival mode mechanics, and a harsher version of Big Jianghu. Also, traps.
(source and maps)

2) http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/age-of-wushu-first-look-at-the-game-engine-upgrade-due-next-month/
And a graphics engine upgrade of some sort along with that.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

askas posted:

"Is that correct?" :psyduck:

Is the next major patch class 06 gear or that xserver PvP tournament?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

FebrezeNinja posted:

Someone on the game forums linked to previews of stuff we probably won't last to see.

1) http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/age-of-wushu-new-gameplay-features-detailed-for-jianghu-update/
The new areas added will have some sort of survival mode mechanics, and a harsher version of Big Jianghu. Also, traps.
(source and maps)

2) http://mmoculture.com/2014/07/age-of-wushu-first-look-at-the-game-engine-upgrade-due-next-month/
And a graphics engine upgrade of some sort along with that.

I doubt wushu will live long enough for that to ever make it. Greatvisa and mutou's money only goes so far.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

randombattle posted:

I doubt wushu will live long enough for that to ever make it. Greatvisa and mutou's money only goes so far.

They were apparently on the edge of shutting the servers down before the Hua patch boom and there were still more people playing than now. Game's gonna be dead within two months.

Maybe if they'd launched with all the quality of life improvements in and a decent staff and also made a good game.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

They were apparently on the edge of shutting the servers down before the Hua patch boom and there were still more people playing than now. Game's gonna be dead within two months.

Maybe if they'd launched with all the quality of life improvements in and a decent staff and also made a good game.

Nah, it was before launching on steam. Steam brought in some new blood just before people fleeced snail in the comments due to their abhorrent customer support (or lack thereof).

ArdanSortek
Jun 19, 2011

Haquer posted:

Is downloading all the patches worth it to see the game just before it dies? Might also be funny to see if I got hacked or anything.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

ArdanSortek posted:

Is downloading all the patches worth it to see the game just before it dies? Might also be funny to see if I got hacked or anything.

If you want to check out the new content, go for it. Factions are pretty WoW-esque though.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

PassiveSentence posted:

"Is that correct?" :psyduck:

"So basicallry-y is what you're saying there's no priority, is based on how strong and how much [douchebaggery] you commit to the guil [arriance]."

quote:

Is the next major patch class 06 gear or that xserver PvP tournament?

Leffe and Delphy told me yes on both counts.

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

askas posted:

There was a dispute because Zortyslaps has been running around guildless, and it wasn't clear he was in the alliance (he temp joined a guild outside of the alliance). The Chaos folks weren't crazy to object--if Chaos had invited someone like CMK to a worldboss, I wouldn't be kind about it. Anyhow, because of this dispute, Lumi and Slaps laid into Tox and Chaos generally, some of which was fair, some of which wasn't. We lose the monkey, and people are pretty discouraged.

Turtle spawns. A new raid is formed. Lumi joins late, Mutou starts throwing a fit and demands lead, which he gets. I expected him to just kick Lumi but about 5 seconds before the boss goes down the raid is disbanded. Mutou says blahblah blame who invited Lumidas blahblah. In a PM, Mutou said he'd give the loot to Zov to stream a distribution but he had no reply when I asked whether he mustered the neurons required to take a screenshot of the raid. Shortly after that, a Chaos member tried to reform a raid for loot distribution purposes but I was too steamed to participate. I believe this person felt like what was done was wrong, but, you know. And that was that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:smith:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

I even talked to Askar and he's said it's been 10-20 for NoTrabbu which is one of the biggest non-terrorist guilds left. NBloc's leaders are supposedly leaving for ArchAge tomorrow as well so the terrorists are trying to round up all the bases because all their pay2wins still play due to sunk cost fallacy.

Meanwhile I just leave my client up while I play PSO2 :v:

E: I am one with my anime side

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/405

Maybe this time it won't take the whole day for GMs to finally decide to complete the chapter given our current population :allears:

quote:

Forbidden Instance Set

When players complete any forbidden instance except Twilight Village (Easy and Hard) and Green Cloud Castle (Easy), there is a chance for a Forbidden Instance set to appear among the rewards. Players have to roll a dice for it. A Forbidden Instance can also drop Gold and Jade equipment that have no set effects. These singular items will be bound upon equipping. Players can disassemble and refine these items, or reset their attributes.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Haquer posted:

Dead game, dead guild.

Third World Reggin posted:

Thriving bandit camp all happy harvesting tears, fighting the good fight against the Zhou oppressor.

B-But Wushu is the better game. P-People will come back, right ?

How can they not find the fun in doing 4 month of the same peach daily each day to graduate ?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

aleksendr posted:

B-But Wushu is the better game. P-People will come back, right ?

How can they not find the fun in doing 4 month of the same peach daily each day to graduate ?

Nobody ever uttered these words but keep fighting the good fight :thumbsup:

Even TDH now are spamming GM's demanding a server merge since everyone knows tomorrow is going to be the death knell for the US population.

E: Snail took down the servers at 5pm server time for updates. It's already went past script stealing and now into war times. TDH and Rebellion attacked 2 allied bases to try for more captures (it seems they're wanting to capture the entire map before the player population dies completely) and snail looks to be cock blocking them :v:

Haquer fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Jul 17, 2014

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

PassiveSentence posted:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/news/view/405

Maybe this time it won't take the whole day for GMs to finally decide to complete the chapter given our current population :allears:

:cripes:

askas
Jun 17, 2013

Haquer posted:

E: Snail took down the servers at 5pm server time for updates. It's already went past script stealing and now into war times. TDH and Rebellion attacked 2 allied bases to try for more captures (it seems they're wanting to capture the entire map before the player population dies completely) and snail looks to be cock blocking them :v:

Seeing as the forum announcement has been updated saying it was extended for an hour, it's looking like Rebellion are out ~12 ding with nothing to show for it. :smugdog:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

They failed yesterday's double-attack, too. I think Haq said they paid a lot for those.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

FebrezeNinja posted:

They failed yesterday's double-attack, too. I think Haq said they paid a lot for those.

Actually yesterday's were 301L and 300L for them. Last night's bidding cost them a whole lot more since Rebellion really wanted that Ressurection base that was up so they dropped 12D on the bid and snail hosed them :cawg:

E: And server is back up, just in time for wars to end. Well played snail!

Haquer fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 17, 2014

askas
Jun 17, 2013
Server is back up, went to the suzhou base and no war was happening. I guess if the server is down during the initial countdown the war never initiates.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
PigSlayer's valiant attempt in getting the active members of the server to spam GM tickets demanding a server merge is going to work so well :confuoot:

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I was checking my online market stall and saw a ton of lua error dialogs up (much like when school wars were won around Hua launched, it dumped a bunch of bugs on people).

And then everything got.... intense

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Haquer posted:

I was checking my online market stall and saw a ton of lua error dialogs up (much like when school wars were won around Hua launched, it dumped a bunch of bugs on people).

And then everything got.... intense

Maintenance is very hard!
Also the no allies could get into guildwar was funny as hell i was in chengdu picking flowers when tdh raged in guildchat that they cant cap the throne without culling xD

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
So there's a bug that I've been abusing lately after a few of us heard of it and figured it out. Basically if you get knocked down, you right click on the person's portrait and click Follow.

The game literally stands you back up from 99% of knockdowns (the only one it seems to not work with is the 9 Palaces knockdown but that knockdown has been weird since they introduced it).

Just set up a macro that does that for you and you're a loving god in pvp. Might as well let the few goons left playing know how to abuse it since the server is dead anyway.

E: I wrote this because Leonlai (he sold his account to somebody and he was already a disgusting pay2win, the new one is even worse and gets UPSET if you mention him buying the account) was trying to use RG chain against me and if you get pulled you can literally stand up and parry the entire spin. Then he was using ancient tai chi and you can use it against the knockback, including if you parry so you can goose away from the feint or rage.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013
Jayne's ping is truly low, you are all just jealous and making excuses as to why he dodges all ATC rages :negative:

-said some TDH at the end of last month's Hua

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Haquer your prayers have been answered.

Snail Games reveals King of Wushu MOBA based on Age of Wushu

Frank Horrigan
Jul 31, 2013

by Ralp
Against my better judgement, I decided to try this game out again. Phoenix Pledge, Wudang School. I did the tutorials and poo poo, did some missions around the wudang temple or whatever it is, then got sent back to my hometown where I did some other stuff, and now I'm out of quests and have no idea what to do. Also, how do I join a guild? :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

Jayne's ping is truly low, you are all just jealous and making excuses as to why he dodges all ATC rages :negative:

-said some TDH at the end of last month's Hua

I know for a fact I'm not the only person that knew about the bug and TDH most certainly does. Most of them just don't need it because when you have ancient sets you're more than likely going to win the fight anyway.

Oh god please no. Do they think they can compete with Dota and LoL though? (I don't even really play dota anymore please no more mobas)