Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

James T. Kirk was a great man, but that was another life.
Oddly specific request. I'm starting a D&D campaign with friends set in an archipelago, but with a Gothic Horror-ish feel to it. I need spooky castles and dark villages, preferably near the sea or on an island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Here's a few from my fantasy Pinterest board with varying degrees of Gothic dread and aquatic tie-in. There are probably more on there that fit your description too if you want to go take a look; these are the best, more recent ones.

E: \/\/\/ De nada!

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Jul 11, 2014

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

Here's a few from my fantasy Pinterest board with varying degrees of Gothic dread and aquatic tie-in. There are probably more on there that fit your description too if you want to go take a look; these are the best, more recent ones.

awesome pictures

You sir, are awesome. Perfect.

edit: you pinned several things by http://www.artstation.com/artist/TheBrave his art station has a ton of gloomy as gently caress stuff

treeboy fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 11, 2014

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Does anyone have any sci-fi Shamans or Witch Doctors? I'm working on a new Shadowrun character and have a visual idea in my head but wouldn't mind lifting ideas from elsewhere too.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

treeboy posted:

Oddly specific request. I'm starting a D&D campaign with friends set in an archipelago, but with a Gothic Horror-ish feel to it. I need spooky castles and dark villages, preferably near the sea or on an island.
Pretty much all the islands and a lot of the other lands in MTG's Innistrad block have art like this.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Flipswitch posted:

Does anyone have any sci-fi Shamans or Witch Doctors? I'm working on a new Shadowrun character and have a visual idea in my head but wouldn't mind lifting ideas from elsewhere too.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Flipswitch posted:

try shadowrun shaman images

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

Flipswitch posted:

e:

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

treeboy posted:

edit: you pinned several things by http://www.artstation.com/artist/TheBrave his art station has a ton of gloomy as gently caress stuff

Nice, thanks for that! I may have caught a few of those from a Kotaku post at some point but there's definitely several on there I haven't seen before. And now I can update the attributions too.

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
I'm looking for some pictures by a hispanic artist. It is (IIRC) a set of three images. They show a smoker, a fast food addict, and a soldier. Each one has the person dieing and surrounded by a swirl of objects (cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, fries, burgers, wrappers, bullets, etc.) that form into the shape of the grim reaper. They all spell out "la muerte" in the objects as well.

Tried tons of keywords on google to no avail. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

homerlaw
Sep 21, 2008

Plants are the best ergo Sylvari=Best

p-hop posted:

I'm looking for some pictures by a hispanic artist. It is (IIRC) a set of three images. They show a smoker, a fast food addict, and a soldier. Each one has the person dieing and surrounded by a swirl of objects (cigarettes, lighters, ashtrays, fries, burgers, wrappers, bullets, etc.) that form into the shape of the grim reaper. They all spell out "la muerte" in the objects as well.

Tried tons of keywords on google to no avail. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

http://lamuerta.mx/

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
A slightly odd request: fantasy characters (fighters in particular) in states of drunkenness or inebriation. GIS isn't giving me much.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 15, 2014

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Peas and Rice posted:

A slightly request: fantasy characters (fighters in particular) in states of drunkenness or inebriation. GIS isn't giving me much.

Go read Rat Queens right now.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Pope Guilty posted:

This. I don't think there's an issue of Rat Queens where there isn't a drunk/high character at one point.

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Pope Guilty posted:

Ha, how have I never heard of this? Fantastic. E: $8 on Amazon for the graphic novel with Prime shipping? DONE.

I'll still take any more traditional fantasy images, just with warriors / whatever good and tanked at the tavern.

Peas and Rice fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Jul 15, 2014

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

Ha, how have I never heard of this? Fantastic. E: $8 on Amazon for the graphic novel with Prime shipping? DONE.

I'll still take any more traditional fantasy images, just with warriors / whatever good and tanked at the tavern.

closest i could find is a couple tavern brawls and a drunk robot

http://imgur.com/a/OepNI

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy
I've googled as many permutations as I can think of looking for something like this with no luck, anybody got any pics of a fat orc witch doctor? I've found fat orcs and witch doctors, but no fat witch doctors, orcish or otherwise. Scars would be a bonus, and in a pinch a fat shaman would work too I guess. Thanks in advance!

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
You're probably looking for something a little more fetishy, but this dude immediately came to mind for me:

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

found a much larger, better quality, non-christmas (??) version of that viking tavern picture. More tavern brawls and a couple generic adventuring taverns. Finding any specific hero drunk is kinda hard...

http://imgur.com/a/3kZ6C

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.
Those are all fantastic, thanks!

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
I remember a post early in the first thread with what looked like an adventuring party or maybe a council of some kind arguing over plans of the Tomb of Horrors, possibly in a tavern. Does anyone else know what picture I'm talking about?

Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008

fishtobaskets posted:

I've googled as many permutations as I can think of looking for something like this with no luck, anybody got any pics of a fat orc witch doctor? I've found fat orcs and witch doctors, but no fat witch doctors, orcish or otherwise. Scars would be a bonus, and in a pinch a fat shaman would work too I guess. Thanks in advance!

This is the best I got:

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Searching for fat anything on DA is such a goddamn minefield...

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

treeboy posted:

Source

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

AXE COP posted:

I remember a post early in the first thread with what looked like an adventuring party or maybe a council of some kind arguing over plans of the Tomb of Horrors, possibly in a tavern. Does anyone else know what picture I'm talking about?

Would this happen to be it?

I thought I remembered seeing something like this in one of the 4e books, but a quick search didn't turn anything up. The elf in this one makes me think it's from a 3e book, but I can't help you on which one that'd be.

EDIT: There's also this, apparently from a Paizo product.

Auralsaurus Flex fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 16, 2014

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

Would this happen to be it?

I thought I remembered seeing something like this in one of the 4e books, but a quick search didn't turn anything up. The elf in this one makes me think it's from a 3e book, but I can't help you on which one that'd be.

It's in the 3/3.5 PHB if memory is serving me correctly.

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Auralsaurus Flex posted:

EDIT: There's also this, apparently from a Paizo product.

Actually that's from City of Stormreach, which is one of the 3.5-era Eberron books. Specifically it's a picture of a typical meeting of the ruling council.

At least, it was originally in City of Stormreach. Pathfinder might have acquired the rights for it somehow, I guess.

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Jul 16, 2014

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I know what picture he's referencing, it was a big bar scene with a bunch of different stuff happening, and one of the tables had a map of the Tomb on it. It may have been a Todd Lockwood drawing?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
Todd Lockwood is correct!

e: found a higher resolution

Majuju fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 16, 2014

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Is that Riddick with the drum fed crossbow?

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

That one caught my eye as well. Looks like a retro Shadowrunner.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm loving the bard in the top right who's toasting the fight, and probably composing a ballad about it at the same time.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Green Intern posted:

I'm loving the bard in the top right who's toasting the fight, and probably composing a ballad about it at the same time.

I'm a big fan of the monster table in top left, complete with beholder telekinetically (I think) lifting a mug and a mind flayer covetously caressing a brain. Seems like a pretty open-minded bar all told.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Flavivirus posted:

I'm a big fan of the monster table in top left, complete with beholder telekinetically (I think) lifting a mug and a mind flayer covetously caressing a brain. Seems like a pretty open-minded bar all told.

I hope that pun was intentional.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

God drat I am stupid, I didn't even think of googling for it. :negative:

Thanks for the replies everyone, super helpful!

treeboy
Nov 13, 2004

Peas and Rice posted:

Those are all fantastic, thanks!

Ahhh gently caress I can't believe I forgot/missed this one.

so great

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
Show me your best "Jungle Warriors" Go!

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

treeboy posted:

so great

Hoooly crap this cracks me up. I need to hear that story

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

treeboy posted:

so great

"So with the fighter distracting the dragon, I get my hand this far up its rear end..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reene
Aug 26, 2005

:justpost:

Apparently that's by the same dude that did the crotch-spider-pouch penguin-boot wizard vomiting into a skullstein picture from page 1.