Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Really disappointed to see Ribic leave. I'm not familiar with Russell Dauterman. How's his stuff on Cyclops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Who's the blue Wolverine with the glowing claws? (I dub him Tronverine.)

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Tony Stark should start watching his back. Someone's probably coming for his armor.

Monster w21 Faces
May 11, 2006

"What the fuck is that?"
"What the fuck is this?!"

Aphrodite posted:

I guess Tony Stark should start watching his back. Someone's probably coming for his armor.

Pepper has been Iron Man.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Endless Mike posted:

Guardians 3000

:hellyeah:

Axis sounds like it'll be grim grim grim all the way down, but maybe it'll surprise me. I want to see the X-Men and Avengers put their poo poo aside and remember they are both good guys.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Jul 15, 2014

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism

PantsOptional posted:

Who's the blue Wolverine with the glowing claws? (I dub him Tronverine.)

It's Daken in his current Horseman of Death look.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Really disappointed to see Ribic leave. I'm not familiar with Russell Dauterman. How's his stuff on Cyclops?

His art's really fun, and you should probably be reading Cyclops. He does some neat stuff with layouts and has cool action sequences. Nicely expressive characters.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

quote:

AVENGERS & X-MEN: AXIS #2 (OF 9)
RICK REMENDER (W) • ADAM KUBERT (A)
Cover by JIM CHEUNG
YOUNG GUNS VARIANT COVER BY MAHMUD ASRAR
INVERSION VARIANT COVER BY TBA
ACT I: THE RED SUPREMACY
• The heroes of the Marvel Universe storm the beaches of Red Skull’s Genoshian Reeducation camps. What they discover within will lead to a bleak new era.
• The revelation of Tony Stark’s dark secret promises to shatter the fragile alliance between A and X.
• The all-new Captain America pays a terrible price.
• Nova’s attempt at solving the crisis leads to disaster.
• Magneto betrays his alliance to join an army of evil.
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Hurray. A bleak new era.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The impression I'm getting from these AXIS solicits is that Marvel's planning to reset most of their universe to something approximating 2004. For example, from the information available, it looks as though this might be how they're going to make Magneto a supervillain again. Of course, I may well be misinterpreting it.

I quite like the look of the Guaridans 3000 one, since I'm quite keen on the Valentino Guardians and all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Aphrodite posted:

What's Thor's power level now without Mjolnir anyway? He's still supposed to be crazy strong for an Asgardian all on his own, right?

Probably Luke Cage level or so, if I had to estimate. He's always been a guy who pushes way past his already high limits, so it should be interesting to see him manage as just a tough guy.

Although, I mean, we already saw Young Thor kick some serious rear end in Aaron's stories, so I might be underestimating things.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Way above Luke Cage, surely. Dude can punch pretty hard.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Probably Luke Cage level or so, if I had to estimate. He's always been a guy who pushes way past his already high limits, so it should be interesting to see him manage as just a tough guy.

Although, I mean, we already saw Young Thor kick some serious rear end in Aaron's stories, so I might be underestimating things.

Yeah he was still the God of Thunder even before he had his hammer. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't get all of his powers from the hammer, but the hammer amplifies them. Probably can't fly without it though. Also you can look at the warriors three and probably take a couple steps up from them. Also, is it going to be his Celestial slaying axe?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Way above Luke Cage, surely. Dude can punch pretty hard.

Definitely below Hercules, surely?

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

Archyduke posted:

Hurray. A bleak new era.

I don't even want to know what Terrible Price the Falcon new Captain America's gonna end up paying.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

A Tin Of Beans posted:

I don't even want to know what Terrible Price the Falcon new Captain America's gonna end up paying.

Probably going to kill his pet Falcon.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Also, is it going to be his Celestial slaying axe?

Probably, but that's an alternate timeline. It's just a regular old unenchanted axe outside of Uncanny. A regular old still probably magic axe.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Ok, so last time I checked in Uncanny Avengers, the Earth exploded? Did this get reversed or something?

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Definitely below Hercules, surely?

Even without Mjolnir Thor's been shown duking it out with the Hulk, Thor's pretty strong. Thor without Mjolnir is just as physically strong as ever and still has his weather powers but he'll lack flight, a ranged weapon that always comes back and various energy powers.

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 15, 2014

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Senor Candle posted:

Ok, so last time I checked in Uncanny Avengers, the Earth exploded? Did this get reversed or something?

Yes.

(Time travel.)

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.

Blergh, I'd rather that Marvel keeps gender swapping for their own invented characters and not those that are based on other's mythology. I have the feeling that this would've never even been considered if Thor was based on an American mythological figure.

Batham fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 15, 2014

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Batham posted:

Blergh, I'd rather that Marvel keeps gender swapping for their own invented characters and not those that are based on other's mythology. I bet this would've never been even considered if Thor was based on an American mythological figure.

Are you the person that got mad when Hiemdall was black in Thor?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Batham posted:

Blergh, I'd rather that Marvel keeps gender swapping for their own invented characters and not those that are based on other's mythology. I have the feeling that this would've never even been considered if Thor was based on an American mythological figure.

Pauline Bunyon?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batham posted:

Like Batman or Superman?

I don't think Marvel can get those rights.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Batham posted:

There is literally a horse man Thor, I don't think this is what jumps the shark.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Batham posted:

What, like Paul Bunyun? George Washington?

CharlestheHammer posted:

There is literally a horse man Thor, I don't think this is what jumps the shark.

Don't forget Throg.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Batham posted:

Considering all the stupid poo poo in the original mythology, including Loki giving birth to some monsters by having sex while shapeshifted into female animals.... I had a point but I guess I'll just say you're stupid.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

WickedHate posted:

What, like Paul Bunyun? George Washington?

Don't forget Throg.

And didn't Loki turn Thor into a girl in the old issues and Earth X?

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
Even without the hammer Thor has a magical belt that gives him super strength for a god and a bunch of other artifacts that he only uses when he has to suit up big time.
There was an old story where a human got a hold of his stuff and had enough power to slap Thor down a few times.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Looks like they are giving Ms. Marvel a boost by doing a Spider-Man Team-Up™. It's also a double issue. I wonder if that will be enough to save the sales in that title. I've been enjoying it a bunch

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wow, all those AXIS books, all it makes me want to do is cancel my subscription to Uncanny Avengers. I've been enjoying it, but I'm not buying all those tie-ins.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
Exactly, the US doesn't really have mythological figures like that so you might not understand how weird it is to hear that the "god of thunder, Thor" that you've been told about since you were a child, is now a woman. It has nothing to do with Thor being a woman, but everything with Thor becoming a woman. It's like Hera (or Bruce Wayne) would suddenly and permanently become a man. And no, I'm not talking about Batman becoming Batwoman, I'm talking about Batman becoming a woman.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Batham posted:

Exactly, the US doesn't really have mythological figures like that so you might not understand how weird it is to hear that the "god of thunder, Thor" that you've been told about since you were a child, is now a woman. It has nothing to do with Thor being a woman, but everything with Thor becoming a woman. It's like Hera (or Bruce Wayne) would suddenly and permanently become a man. And no, I'm not talking about Batman becoming Batwoman, I'm talking about Batman becoming a woman.

we have Wendigos, Chupacabras, Bigfoot, and uhhh New York sewer alligators?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Batham posted:

No, you're talking about Bruce Wayne stepping down and someone else who happens to be female stepping into his role.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Batham posted:

No it's more like if there was a female superhero calling herself Batman but also Batman was still around being Batman.

Only she has his car now she he can only use the 900 other Batman things he has.

...So it's like Hawkeye I guess.

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

If Miles Morales can be Spider-Man, then girl Thor can be Thor. :colbert:

I think Thor's being used more as a title than a name ...? The old Thor is still around, he's just not Thor. But his name's still Thor. So :psypop:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
So you're reading Thor as a non-gender neutral name. You'd be fine if there was a female Captain America, but if there was a female Spider-Man she should be referred to as Spider-Woman to keep the correct gender signifier. Thor is the name of a man, therefore there should be a feminine name for a woman-Thor. Is that your argument?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Ther.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
There was a Thor-Girl when Dan Jurgens wrote Thor (I guess because Dan Jurgens is first and foremost a Superman writer) but I don't think she's been in the comics much for a while.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I think I saw a picture they released of the unworthy Thor but I can't find it again. It looks like he had a mechanical arm or something, kind of like King Thor did I think.
EDIT:

Senor Candle fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 15, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Metal Loaf posted:

There was a Thor-Girl when Dan Jurgens wrote Thor (I guess because Dan Jurgens is first and foremost a Superman writer) but I don't think she's been in the comics much for a while.

She left Earth during Fear Itself: Youth in Revolt. To paraphrase: "Y'all basic. I'm out."

• Locked thread