Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
yesss the dance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

:swoon: Müller :swoon:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Ugh Helene Fischer

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

At least the title of the song is appropriate

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Mario Götze just posted this photo of the German WAGs celebrating the players with a new dance:

Not sure how they had time to learn it all (the final was what, two days ago?) but the German WAGs definitely seem better organised and more committed to supporting their players then, say, their English counterparts.

e: please disregard this post, I've been fooled by a vicious joke. The picture is apparently from a different German celebration.

Xabi fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Jul 15, 2014

Maradonna Summer
Oct 22, 2005

Our love will last forever

TRP Post Of The Tournament Winner World Cup 2014
ah, das pitbüll

Vetitum
Feb 29, 2008

where is mutti?

Blackstone
Feb 13, 2012

Maradonna Summer posted:

ah, das pitbüll

Dackel.

xie
Jul 29, 2004

I GET UPSET WHEN PEOPLE SPEND THEIR MONEY ON WASTEFUL THINGS THAT I DONT APPROVE OF :capitalism:
congrats Germans I'm a filthy tourist who spent 2 summers in Germany eating tourist kebabs including euro 08 which was great fun until Spain poo poo up the tourney imo.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

xie posted:

congrats Germans I'm a filthy tourist who spent 2 summers in Germany eating tourist kebabs including euro 08 which was great fun until Spain poo poo up the tourney imo.

youre about on the same level as enigma89 do you have any college level german vocabulary you'd like to share

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Vetitum posted:

where is mutti?
I think I read somewhere while they were waiting for the team to arrive that in the background at the airport you could see her plane taking her to Dubrovnik, Croatia.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

xie posted:

How much did you pay for the Döners this is important

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I take back everything bad I said about Boateng. And Götze. ~* ~* ~* ~*

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
I'm thankful that the Italian cunts did not manage to get out of their group. It was clear that we were going to win the tournament after Italy went out.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Torrannor posted:

I'm thankful that the Italian cunts did not manage to get out of their group. It was clear that we were going to win the tournament after Italy went out.

Italian ref in the final so it was still close

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Torrannor posted:

You should be. See you in the Euros :henget:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Xabi posted:

Mario Götze just posted this photo of the German WAGs celebrating the players with a new dance:

Not sure how they had time to learn it all (the final was what, two days ago?) but the German WAGs definitely seem better organised and more committed to supporting their players then, say, their English counterparts.

e: please disregard this post, I've been fooled by a vicious joke. The picture is apparently from a different German celebration.

Lol

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

I think you'll find that Germany was not involved in WW2 so please stop shaming our young nation.

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003

Katana Gomai posted:

I think you'll find that Germany was not involved in WW2 so please stop shaming our young nation.

Whoa, the posts are coming from behind the iron curtain :aaa:

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

fat greasy puto posted:

youre about on the same level as enigma89 do you have any college level german vocabulary you'd like to share

schadenfraude

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Judakel posted:

schadenfraude

Wrong in two languages, should pass imo.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Healbot posted:

Wrong in two languages, should pass imo.

merkamplef

that is an embarrassing blunder

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

fat greasy puto posted:

I'm actually in Germany right this very moment, gathering data and compiling advanced stats so everyone can learn from Germany 's success

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Judakel posted:

schadenfraude

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGd56epac5c

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
gently caress yeah, Weltmeister! What a shame that I couldn't be in Germany, the celebrations looked mental. So amazing what happened this last week in the final and semi-final, I'm still on a complete high.

Hope Löw stays on for at least the next Euro, maybe get a co on that can then transition to take over after. I think now comes a period of making sure new players find their way into the squad and we don't stay stuck with ways that may be outdated in four years.

I barely remember the final '90, so for me the last two matches were basically the two biggest and most historic I've ever watched from our national team. Feels good man.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Fußballweltmeisterschaftsgewinnerdeutschlandflaggenschadenfreudenmischgetränk

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Soulex posted:

Fußballweltmeisterschaftsgewinnerdeutschlandflaggenschadenfreudenmischgetränk

Nope, that's not a real word. Even German has limits.

This was the most glorious WC for me too, in 1990 I was only a small kid and we were just getting used to glorious West Germany after escaping the hellhole that was the other Germany.

I'm really curious who Löw will take on as his new co-manager, Hansi Flick is going to be the new DFB Sportdirektor.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Torrannor posted:

Nope, that's not a real word. Even German has limits.

This was the most glorious WC for me too, in 1990 I was only a small kid and we were just getting used to glorious West Germany after escaping the hellhole that was the other Germany.

I'm really curious who Löw will take on as his new co-manager, Hansi Flick is going to be the new DFB Sportdirektor.

Ugh, ein Ossie.

I heard Tuchel might be the new co-manager.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!
But would that really make sense for Tuchel right now? I bet he could get a gig at a big club pretty soon. Maybe DFB open their checkbook really wide though?

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Lothar, just Lothar.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

As a trans-gaucho I'm heavily triggered by the shameful and highly problematic display of the German players during today's party. I mean, what the gently caress? Literally shaking right now.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

System Metternich posted:

As a trans-gaucho I'm heavily triggered by the shameful and highly problematic display of the German players during today's party. I mean, what the gently caress? Literally shaking right now.

haha Die Zeit had an even dumber headline: http://www.zeit.de/sport/2014-07/nationalmannschaft-berlin

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zV4CTHUFhig

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Die Zeit posted:

Selbst S-Bahnen und Schiffe auf der Spree unterbrachen ihre Fahrt für einen Blick auf das Weltmeister-Team.

That's what the Stadtbahn looks like every day. Steffen Simon was saying the same thing. If this becomes canon I will be very cross.

As for the gaucho thing: lol gently caress off.

Enigma89
Jan 2, 2007

by CVG

Lufthansa's Siegerflieger.

Boeing 747 not an Airbus 380. :sotw:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

hopterque posted:

We are!

It's tuesday morning and apparently the game actually did happen and we actually did win.

I'm still kind of hungover I think, poo poo.

I adopted Germany along time ago and I am still hungover in Oklahoma City. My gut still isn't right after the amount of alcohol I consumed Sunday.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

elbkaida posted:

But would that really make sense for Tuchel right now? I bet he could get a gig at a big club pretty soon.
I think Schalke is the only chance he has at getting a job at a big club right now. The problem is that Jens Keller has proven to be quite adept to avoid falling despite having the noose around his neck for >1 year now.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

elbkaida posted:

But would that really make sense for Tuchel right now? I bet he could get a gig at a big club pretty soon. Maybe DFB open their checkbook really wide though?

Getting to coach the national team is a pretty sweet gig though.

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
I cannot get my head around how Keller still had his job. He looks so completely out of his depth but gets juuuuuust the right results to not get fired. That in and of itself seems like the most obvious reason except that I've also never heard anyone not also express the same opinion about him being out of his depth. No one thinks he's competent. Oh well, not my problem because gently caress Schalke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teron D Amun
Oct 9, 2010

woke up and we are still world champions, feels good

• Locked thread