Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

AurumDude posted:

In a similar vein, what do people think about kitting a warboss with a Big Choppa over a Powerklaw? He'd be S7 AP4 into combat, rolling with enough nobs that you're gonna eventually roll that 1 or 2.

Wait, did something change about how strength is calculated? I thought a warboss with a huge choppa came to S8 on the charge. I've actually used one before, and while it was fun instakilling marine characters with him, he wasn't super reliable at doing that. He was mostly just a cheap HQ that could shoehorn a kombi-skorcha into a trukksquad of hard boyz. But now that's not really an issue anymore, is it?

Ignite Memories fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Don't they have some bad rear end Terminators with like Glaives or something? I thought I recalled seeing something like that.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Warboss with Big Choppa is Str 8 on the charge.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Phoenix Guard are Emperor's Children Terminators who get +1 I on the charge and can -1 I from the enemy they charge, and they have power lances or something, yeah.

Speaking of, look at the RoW in the order they're released and you can see fun pattern of going from 'not very restrictive for a neat bonus' to 'if you want this bonus you have like 2 choices in your list'.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just realized the Iron Warrior ROW lets you rapid fire plasma guns into a squad before charging in. Pretty cool for IW bikers or command squads.

Extra armour now negates 50% of the vehicle damaged table :psyduck:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

When's the next drat book coming out. Also from what I understand it's not going to introduce new legions because they want to catch up with themselves.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Hollismason posted:

Don't they have some bad rear end Terminators with like Glaives or something? I thought I recalled seeing something like that.

Dark Angels Death Wing Knights/inner circle/whatever.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Hollismason posted:

When's the next drat book coming out. Also from what I understand it's not going to introduce new legions because they want to catch up with themselves.

Sometime next year, I think. I'm pretty sure it's going to have new Legions, though. From what I understand they're pushing back Thousand Sons due to balancing difficulty but the next books are Calth I think so it sort of has to introduce the Ultramarines at least.

By the time the new book comes out it's a real possibility every Legion released thus far will have their unique models available (give me those loving Tyrant Siege Terminators).

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The new book will have new Legions and Imperial Army units. No confirmation on which ones.

It makes sense that they pushed back the thousands suns though. Imagine releasing them right before 7th edition hit.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Ignite Memories posted:

Wait, did something change about how strength is calculated? I thought a warboss with a huge choppa came to S8 on the charge. I've actually used one before, and while it was fun instakilling marine characters with him, he wasn't super reliable at doing that. He was mostly just a cheap HQ that could shoehorn a kombi-skorcha into a trukksquad of hard boyz. But now that's not really an issue anymore, is it?

He never said anything about Furious Charge. They still have it.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

BULBASAUR posted:

The new book will have new Legions and Imperial Army units. No confirmation on which ones.

It makes sense that they pushed back the thousands suns though. Imagine releasing them right before 7th edition hit.

It's a distinct possibility there's only two legions being touched on (Word Bearers again and Ultramarines), but depending on if the books are Calth alone or the Shadow War in Ultramar it could also involve World Eaters and Dark Angels.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I was like for sure positive that a developer for Forgeworld outright stated that there wouldn't be a huge number of new "units" in the new book as they needed to hold back in order to meet the requirement of putting out new models for the stuff they did have which makes perfect sense.

I'm waiting for that sweet sweet Dark Ad Mech so much. I mean the current Mechanicum looks amazing, I can't wait to see a corrupted version.

They're doing the whole Heresy so I guess in like 10 years we'll see them get to Mars right?

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Jul 16, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
It would make a lot more sense to just delay the book, then. It's not like the books are rapid-fire releases and they can't exactly start on any of the next major Heresy events without introducing stuff.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Wait what's the next major event after Istvaan? That's the Ultramarines getting their rear end kicked right?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Prospero is before Calth (I'll have you know the Ultramarines stomp the Word Bearer's collective dicks in) but I think Calth is next.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

When do the Alpha Legion then kick the poo poo out of the Ultramarines.

Oh poo poo yea, I completely forgot about Prospero. That is going to be some bad rear end poo poo right there. I hope it's just Space Wolves and Thousand Sons ( I think that's who was there).

No one I know plays 30k I got to play on Vassal, but that wasn't fun. I mean it was fun just not the same really , really want to play a game with all the models and such.

Hollismason fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Jul 16, 2014

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
An Alpha Legion kill-team comes pretty close to offing Guilliman but that's all I know about the Alpha Legion and Calth.

And yeah a huge part of why I'm enjoying 30k so much is just looking at the models.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Get some cool friends and play 30k in 40k?

It's a shame there are all these cool anti horde and AP5 options in the books, but almost nothing but power armor armies. They play differently enough, sure, but its way more interesting playing against Eldar or Necrons with all their 40k tricks.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

I think what impresses me most is that the Horus Heresy books are such a good deal, I mean you are basically getting 4 codexes in one book. I love that.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
You're really not. Book 3, for example, only contains the Mechanicum list in it's whole. It has 3 other Legions, yeah, but those are each 2 unique units and 3 HQs. Book 1 contains the Legiones Astartes generic list, without which you can't really use the other 2 books.

By the end of the Heresy I'm sure there will be more non-power armor armies, but the AP5 options etc are still good for forcing lots of saves against low-model-count squads.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Hey Pierre, your OP is wrong. SW can also run bikes and termies as troops :colbert:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i, too, want to pay 53 ppm for a naked biker

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

SUPER NEAT TOY posted:

i, too, want to pay 53 ppm for a naked biker

Hey man, I'd happily rent the services of a naked biker too, but I don't think it's appropriate for this thread.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Codex: Legion bundle is a fantastic deal though. For the cost of 2 GW codices you're getting 14 armies, not counting all the rites of war.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Post 9-11 User posted:

When did this become the H*istory Channel thread?

Have some more weird Tzeentch stuff:

*H is for Hitler, all day every day, Hitler, aliens, alien Hitlers.

Holy poo poo, this is all based on Grandia 2: all the disembodied parts of the evil god.

Ratflinger
Jul 1, 2010

mornhaven posted:

Is there a better way to put Necron Immortals together other than hoping that their arms happen to align properly? I'd like to finish the ones I have, but I'm terrible at getting the arms glued on properly.

Well, to begin with, make sure to note that certain left and right arms go together. I like to begin with fastening the right arm, as it has the lower part of the cable on it, and it is the trickiest part to get right. Before the glue has hardened, dab some glue where you will connect the left arm and on the cable. Proceed to attach the left arm. Adjust the parts before the glue dries. They are limited when it comes to posing, I think, so just make sure the parts connect smoothly.

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
Hey guys am I too late for the ork scratch build circle jerk? Just a quick update that my dollar store warbuggy experiement was a success. poo poo's slapped together and primed.

Just need to find a driver for the middle one. Three bucks + some plasticard and Dakkajet bitz ain't too bad.

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

Springfield Fatts posted:

Hey guys am I too late for the ork scratch build circle jerk? Just a quick update that my dollar store warbuggy experiement was a success. poo poo's slapped together and primed.

Just need to find a driver for the middle one. Three bucks + some plasticard and Dakkajet bitz ain't too bad.

Those look awesome! I'm especially loving the one on the far right.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Oh hell yes. This guy gets it.

Kustom Buggy High-Five! :hf:

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.

Which primer did you use?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
In the spirit of Orks, I figured that I would post this.

Apparently in Mexico they have a festival where they build real life tank hammers.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Proletariat Beowulf posted:

Holy poo poo, this is all based on Grandia 2: all the disembodied parts of the evil god.

Wait seriously? poo poo, I think you're right.

jadebullet posted:

In the spirit of Orks, I figured that I would post this.

Apparently in Mexico they have a festival where they build real life tank hammers.

There's an Ork version of that gif out there somewhere.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Probably, though I've only ever seen the dickbutt version.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

'ere we go.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

Got any in progress pics, Those look really great. I'd love to hear more how you built them and with what.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?220124-Eyes-of-Tzeentch-Daemon-Army-Complete

This poo poo is so wacky, I love it.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007

It reminds me of those old Twizzler commercials with the mouth.

AbusePuppy
Nov 1, 2012

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE!!!!!! so far.

BULBASAUR posted:

Just realized the Iron Warrior ROW lets you rapid fire plasma guns into a squad before charging in. Pretty cool for IW bikers or command squads.

Extra armour now negates 50% of the vehicle damaged table :psyduck:

Bikes are Relentless, so they could charge anyways. And extra armor only downgrades damage results, it doesn't actually negate them. Stunned is still just a single spot on the chart.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

Yeah, those own. I finally picked up some plasticard (yard signs); gently caress picking up deffkoptas to convert. Time for another trip to the dollar store, and I'm seconding the plans request.

edit: BOW BEFORE TZEENTCH

Proletariat Beowulf fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 16, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

DJ Dizzy posted:

Which primer did you use?

Army Painter, Dragon Red. Then a thinned coat of Mechrite Red (don't know what that's called now).

Hollismason posted:

Got any in progress pics, Those look really great. I'd love to hear more how you built them and with what.

Unfortunately no. These won't be the last I do though so I'll take some in progress ones next time. It's ridiculously easy to do. These aren't 100% exactly what I picked up, but could work just as well. I assume some variant could be found in any dollar store. After that a rough box is made for the cockpit, slap on your weapons, rivets, then call it a day. I did the same thing with some Revell truck kits for my trukks and a larger scale diecast one for my battlewagon because fuuuuck paying that much for poo poo that's going to blow up on turn two anyway :orks:

• Locked thread