Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

This is true, but it's very hard to make Joseph Joestar not entertaining. It's not as hard with the others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So, I just realized something amusing.

Polnareff's shtick is getting attacked in bathrooms, which I thought started with J. Geil and continued with Enya.

But in retrospect, it started with Ebony Devil, whose Stand user was attacking him from a bathroom.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So, I just realized something amusing.

Polnareff's shtick is getting attacked in bathrooms, which I thought started with J. Geil and continued with Enya.

But in retrospect, it started with Ebony Devil, whose Stand user was attacking him from a bathroom.

I just realized something amusing as well: Polnareff licked a toilet

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Joseph cracking up at literal toilet humor while Kakyoin just stands there was the highlight of the episode.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
I felt like this needed to be made:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
There is nothing boring about the english dub of the OVA:colbert:

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The OVA was awful in comparison to the source material. That said, the source material is on such a level of awesome, that even a terrible adaption of it is amazing.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I also loved how Enya had shoulderpads too.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.

Sekkira posted:

I also loved how Enya had shoulderpads too was into the cheese wheel-smuggling ring as well.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

I wonder if the cheese is from Tom and Jerry.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Renagado
Feb 21, 2014
Good God

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What an amazing man

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Are you loving new to the internet?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
That was amazing. I want next week to be here already :argh:

By the way, his original name is Steely Dan.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Next week is going to be amazing

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

They're back! :neckbeard:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

boredsatellite posted:

Are you loving new to the internet?

I think he was reacting to the awesome colored backgrounds :neckbeard:

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The Last Son of Dykton.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Second post updated

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Jojo is going to loving murder this guy so hard.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Renaming him Dan of Steel was a stroke of genius because Superman has had a long and proud history of being a dick.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
They kept haggling :allears:

There was a lot of neat stuff that added depth to the characters in this ep instead of just people punching eachother that I forgot happened.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I didn't enjoy this episode as much, to be honest. But I can definitely see I would have enjoyed it a lot more had I been watching this series next year in a giant block rather than week by week.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
OH!
MY!
GAAAAAH!

Jotaro is going to loving obliterate him.

Dessel
Feb 21, 2011

Not having been watching this thread, does anyone else feel weird that the scheming, genius hamon-wielding Joseph has been demoted to a mere chump in this one compared to the previous arc? gently caress, it took me way too long to realize it's the same Joseph from the previous arc. Yes, I know, I'm dumb. It's definitely good series, but I don't feel like the fights are as lively as in the previous arc.

Most of all though, I miss the absolutely stunning OST from Battle Tendency. :allears:

I mean, alone this series would absolutely be the number one recommended series (not necessarily my favourite) of the season, but previous arc was just that good.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Decades have gone by. Compare anyone at SC's Joseph with how they are at BT Joseph's age and there's bound to be differences.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Joseph has been out of practice for 50 years, what with no supervampires around to keep him in shape.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Joseph's not the main character anymore. It's that simple, ya nerd lords.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Can't wait to see Jotaro in his 60s get bailed out of dangerous situations by his disgustingly twee granddaughter.

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
What's Steely Dan's name in other translations? Dan of Steel isn't bad, I was actually kinda hoping for Bodhisattva.
Bye-bye thank you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

What's Steely Dan's name in other translations? Dan of Steel isn't bad, I was actually kinda hoping for Bodhisattva.
Bye-bye thank you

Rubber Soul (Viz Manga)
S-Terry Dan (Capcom Game)

Kermit The Grog
Mar 29, 2010
This translation clearly got the good end of the deal. Is Rubber Soul even somehow connected to Steely Dan?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, but since Rubber Soul is never actually named in the manga they took advantage of a name less likely to sue them.

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Dessel posted:

Not having been watching this thread, does anyone else feel weird that the scheming, genius hamon-wielding Joseph has been demoted to a mere chump in this one compared to the previous arc? gently caress, it took me way too long to realize it's the same Joseph from the previous arc. Yes, I know, I'm dumb. It's definitely good series, but I don't feel like the fights are as lively as in the previous arc.

Most of all though, I miss the absolutely stunning OST from Battle Tendency. :allears:

I mean, alone this series would absolutely be the number one recommended series (not necessarily my favourite) of the season, but previous arc was just that good.

Joseph's out of practice, lost his conditioning from fifty years as a real estate mogul, and most of the skills he had to begin with aren't really applicable to his Stand, which is pretty non-intuitive as far as combat applications, as compared to Star Platinum's obvious utility of "punch dudes"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm assuming that once the Standtastic Voyage crew gets rid of The Lovers, Joseph is just gonna use hamon to melt Dio's flesh bud from within himself and be cool that way.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

mr. stefan posted:

Joseph's out of practice, lost his conditioning from fifty years as a real estate mogul, and most of the skills he had to begin with aren't really applicable to his Stand, which is pretty non-intuitive as far as combat applications, as compared to Star Platinum's obvious utility of "punch dudes"
The saddest irony of his situation is that Hermit Purple would have been a godsend in his war against the Pillar Men. I think it's been covered in this thread before, but he basically would have had infinite rope to channel the Ripple through.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

mr. stefan posted:

He probably only kept up some real basic ripple exercises, since presumably there would be very few vampires kicking around any more. (Presumably there are also a few other hamon dudes from the place where Zeppeli got trained so it's not like he'd be totally abandoning anything.)

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Dessel posted:

Joseph could just Hamon the poo poo out of everything but he's letting his grandson feel like a badass. Joseph is just a big softie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Clockwork Rocktapus posted:

Is Rubber Soul even somehow connected to Steely Dan?

They have similar personalities.

• Locked thread