Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rush_shirt
Apr 24, 2007

I purchased some funds on my 3DS, not knowing that I needed to link my Nintendo IDs to share balances (I thought that I had done this when I had signed into my Club Nintendo account... stupid).

The funds aren't showing up in the Wii U store. Does it just take time to update or can I not use those credits across platforms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I assume it just takes time to connect, because you can definitely use funds across both platforms.

I've been using my Digital Deluxe credit on NES games on my 3DS, so it's definitely a thing that is possible and happens.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sorry if this has been run into the ground, but are we waiting on the announcement for the elite club Nintendo prizes any day now, or did I miss that or what? This is the first time I've qualified for the thing.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fix posted:

Sorry if this has been run into the ground, but are we waiting on the announcement for the elite club Nintendo prizes any day now, or did I miss that or what? This is the first time I've qualified for the thing.

They'd have posted it but Uncle Nintendo can't figure out how ever since his computer's modem updated itself to AOL 6.0 :corsair:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Fix posted:

Ta-dah. https://club.nintendo.com/elite-status-gifts.do

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Please don't fill this thread with bitching about whether the Club Nintendo rewards were/weren't worth the effort of hitting gold/platinum, thanks.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

You guys got me to check if the Australian club Nintendo has anything good in the star catalog yet..
I'm proud to announce I will be receiving a Yoshi egg backpack in 4-6 weeks.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Dude, the Mario hat is so much better. And the 3D world soundtrack we had a little while back was pretty great to.

And that Year of Luigi coin. I wanted it, but it was out of stock maybe 2 hours after it was put up on the store.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

.TakaM posted:

You guys got me to check if the Australian club Nintendo has anything good in the star catalog yet..
I'm proud to announce I will be receiving a Yoshi egg backpack in 4-6 weeks.

That actually doesn't sound terrible haha

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's probably eight inches in size.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

nah, they had the dimensions, standard size backpack

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
A little disappointed that its all downloadable games instead of any physical trinkets, but its not a bad selection.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

jivjov posted:

A little disappointed that its all downloadable games instead of any physical trinkets, but its not a bad selection.

Yeah, anything that gets me Donkey Kong Country Returns for free isn't a bad deal. Wish I had a Wii U though, Earthbound would have been nice to pick up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Kelp Plankton posted:

Yeah, anything that gets me Donkey Kong Country Returns for free isn't a bad deal. Wish I had a Wii U though, Earthbound would have been nice to pick up.

I'm at a tossup between that or Game and Wario

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I literally own every single game on that list except game and wario and Dr Luigi and Fluidity.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

greatn posted:

I literally own every single game on that list except game and wario and Dr Luigi and Fluidity.

How lucky you are to choose from 3 different free games!

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Don't pick Fluidity.

JumbocactuarX27
Jan 9, 2011

Blargh! I'm a space parasite!
I've heard Game & Wario is pretty disappointing. Would it be disappointing for the price of Free? Or just less disappointing?

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008
Holy poo poo I was going to buy Earthbound this week!

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

JumbocactuarX27 posted:

I've heard Game & Wario is pretty disappointing. Would it be disappointing for the price of Free? Or just less disappointing?
If you play with other people it's pretty good. Gamer is one of the best uses of the gamepad so far. If you're playing it exclusively by yourself you won't get as much out of it.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
All the good games are Platinum only. :smith:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Justin_Brett posted:

All the good games are Platinum only. :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

I just had to settle for Wario Land 2. That was fun way back in the day.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
As a Gold-level 3DS-only owner...:suicide:

(I've played all but Wario Land II, so that's my choice I guess.)

VVVVVV: Long? Hell yes, I take back my complaint!

AMISH FRIED PIES fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jul 16, 2014

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Suspicious Cook posted:

I just had to settle for Wario Land 2. That was fun way back in the day.

It still is. Best game of the era and probably the longest platformer ever made. That game is colossal.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Cool, DK Tropical Freeze got me in the mood for DKC, so I'm glad I get an excuse to replay DKCR without the awful Wiimote controls.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of July 10):

Is the date on the Inazuma Eleven sale wrong or something? It costs 17,99€ in the eShop at the moment.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Man choosing between a few mediocre games is harder than if I had to pick between a few really good ones. All 3 that I'm looking at (G&W, Dillon, and Fluidity) seem to have had very unenthusiastic reception. :geno:

Is there any chance that Kid Icarus is a hidden gem? I doubt it since I don't really like NES games in the first place.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The Orange Mage posted:

As a Gold-level 3DS-only owner...:suicide:

(I've played all but Wario Land II, so that's my choice I guess.)

VVVVVV: Long? Hell yes, I take back my complaint!

Wario Land II is a pretty unique platformer, lots of secret paths and treasures to collect.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Regy Rusty posted:

Man choosing between a few mediocre games is harder than if I had to pick between a few really good ones. All 3 that I'm looking at (G&W, Dillon, and Fluidity) seem to have had very unenthusiastic reception. :geno:

Is there any chance that Kid Icarus is a hidden gem? I doubt it since I don't really like NES games in the first place.

just get Game & Wario, it's really great. The single player has a lot of depth if you like trying for high scores in a bunch of different mini-games that all use the GamePad effectively. The multiplayer is hit-or-miss. I had tons of fun playing drunken Sketch with friends the other day, but the other games are kind of meh. The Miiverse Sketch thing is amazing though.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Man I already bought the good games for platinum. I guess either Dr Luigi or nes remix.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Dunban posted:

Is the date on the Inazuma Eleven sale wrong or something? It costs 17,99€ in the eShop at the moment.

Possibly, yeah. My bad.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D has been on my wish list for a while, super happy about finally getting to play it!

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yo EU dudes, you can now buy/gift eShop currency via Paypal!

UK: https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/nintendo-eshop-cards.html
DE (euro): https://www.paypal-gifts.com/de/marken/nintendo-eshop-cards.html

The eShop codes it gives you are credit-locked, just like regular eShop cards, so be sure to buy from the UK link if your NNID used GBP or the DE/EUR link if your NNID uses EUR.

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
I have such a hard time getting excited over virtual console titles. I guess DKCR and Game & Wario are my big choices here. I was a Nintendo dork as a kid, so all the old titles I either own or rented back when they were contemporary. Earthbound's awfully tempting, but I still have the cartridge from the original US release with the strategy guide and scratch & sniff cards.

Those cards, cripes. Earthbound may be the only game I remember by smell. I still can't think about that game without getting a faint whiff of those gross-rear end cards.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Eh, OK. I already own DKCR for Wii, but that seems like the best choice here.

That's like, what, 30 bucks? Not so bad.

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Jul 16, 2014

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Meldonox posted:

Earthbound's awfully tempting, but I still have the cartridge from the original US release with the strategy guide and scratch & sniff cards.

Those cards, cripes. Earthbound may be the only game I remember by smell. I still can't think about that game without getting a faint whiff of those gross-rear end cards.

That loving pizza smell is forever etched into my nose.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
There are a lot of great choices, unfortunately I own everything I would be interested in. Also kind of disappointed it's not a physical item of some sort, but not going to complain too much about a free game.

I would suggest that if you have a Wii U and haven't bought either of the Nes Remix games the first one is pretty great, more challenging than the second one which is either good or bad depending on how you want to look at it.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Why isn't Metroid Zero Mission (or in fact any GBA title) available as a download for 3DS yet? I'm glad I have Metroid Fusion on my 3DS from the Ambassador program thing, but I just love Zero Mission so much, it'd be great to have it on a modern system.

They should really be putting GBA games on this eShop thing. Seems weird that some GBA games are going onto Wii U instead.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

HJE-Cobra posted:

Why isn't Metroid Zero Mission (or in fact any GBA title) available as a download for 3DS yet? I'm glad I have Metroid Fusion on my 3DS from the Ambassador program thing, but I just love Zero Mission so much, it'd be great to have it on a modern system.

They should really be putting GBA games on this eShop thing. Seems weird that some GBA games are going onto Wii U instead.

The 3DS isn't powerful enough to handle a GBA emulator that Nintendo would approve of. Sure, it can play GBA games, but those are run in DS mode running GBA mode or something like that. They're playable, but that's about it; you wouldn't get suspend points or even sleep mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
They should have had like, I dunno, an unreleased game as a platinum reward or something. I already own most of the games they're offering because I'm the kind of person who spends enough on Nintendo stuff to get to platinum in the first place!

Oh well, not mad or anything I just think it's a wasted opportunity to give platinum members an actual 'special' reward to pick from. I'm more interested in different coin reward games and the physical stuff they stock on the site. Hopefully they add more cool stuff there in the future.