Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I'm out of town too but will be in town the entire 4th of July weekend. Looking to do some serious riding then.

Also ought ten, can't wait to hear some tales of the high seas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I have tales aplenty. Tales to make your blood run cold.

I could go out this Sunday. Saturday I have brunch with my sister's boyfriend's parents (??). I'm gone the 4th unfortunately to see an old friend. Also always down for weekday riding if you stiffs ever have a day off.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

ought ten posted:

I have tales aplenty. Tales to make your blood run cold.

I could go out this Sunday. Saturday I have brunch with my sister's boyfriend's parents (??). I'm gone the 4th unfortunately to see an old friend. Also always down for weekday riding if you stiffs ever have a day off.

Races on at Summit Point all this weekend, you guys should head up.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Looking to Buy a McLaren, Anyone Selling One .... Cheap?
I'm hoping to get all restrictions on my shoulder lifted next week by my doctor! Which means I need to fix my bike. All I need to do is replace handlebars, a mirror and some turn signals. Anyone up for a Goon Garage day? I've got July 3rd off if that works for anyone? (I'm looking at you HNasty, if you're over the whole missing the party thing that is)

McLarenF1 fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 27, 2014

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
I have to work on the 3rd but will ride over in the evening to hang out

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Randomly seen on instagram...#bikelife in the dmv

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

hot sauce posted:

Randomly seen on instagram...#bikelife in the dmv

That VA took me a few secs but it made me smile.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Video games are for children. Dr. Who, Sherlock and Community need to be canceled. Firefly sucked.

Everything you like is bad, everything I like is good and cool. I've had sex. I've stuck my big rod into a babe and it was good. There's proof I've had sex, where's yours ?

CheeseSpawn posted:

That VA took me a few secs but it made me smile.

I don't get it.

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

HNasty posted:

I don't get it.

"Warning: Speed limit enforced by aircraft" like they ever do it.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Who's riding this weekend? I'm gonna be on the bike tomorrow all day and Saturday noon - whenever I get tired. Down to meet up with anyone who wants to join.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

I'll be out and about really early friday and saturday to beat the heat, if anyone else is doing that

e: where do you guys usually do your group goon rides?

M42 fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 3, 2014

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
For big rides I've been on, we'll worm our way on the backroads through Virginia toward Harrisonburg. We'll get lunch there and cross into the mountains, then start making our way back. If we are tired we'll hop on 81 and 66 to get back quickly. Shorter rides we've done many diff places but try to stick with empty roads in VA and MD. Look through the thread, I think people have posted map routes before. Also, don't forget our track near RFK...I haven't been there with goons lately but would be willling this weekend.

Friday I'm thinking of doing the Shenandoah Valley area and if that's too crowded, popping down to some roads around Middleburg.

e: here is a random map from a ride last year. I think the GPS cut off at some point.

double edit: ok I just remembered that cars and coffee is amazing on 4th of July weekend. Does anyone know if that is tomorrow morning or Saturday morning? I'm definitely down for that as well.

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Jul 3, 2014

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

Good News Everybody! I got cleared by my doctor to start riding (and golfing) again! But I doubt I have the muscle strength to do an all day ride yet, not to mention I still need to replace my handlebars.

But I'm down to meet up for Cars and Coffee!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Hell yeah dude glad to hear it. Do you know if the big cars and coffee meet is tomorrow or sat?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Sat morning lets get a really early start, go to cars and coffee and then head out to the hills we can do 211 and all the usual back roads.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Sounds good. Bring ya gatorades! You wanna just meet there instead of Georgetown? For anyone who hasn't been, it's a Katie's coffee house in great falls VA

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Morning trip report: Joplin Rd down by dale city has some nice sweepers and a couple faster speed curves. Just a small bit of lovely patching by the i95 merge.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

M42 posted:

Morning trip report: Joplin Rd down by dale city has some nice sweepers and a couple faster speed curves. Just a small bit of lovely patching by the i95 merge.
Yup, Turn left on Aden, then left again on Fleetwood and it's some pretty nice riding behind Quantico.

Man, I haven't had time to ride in weeks. Hope you guys are getting some good miles. I might be able to join later in July.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

hot sauce posted:

Sounds good. Bring ya gatorades! You wanna just meet there instead of Georgetown? For anyone who hasn't been, it's a Katie's coffee house in great falls VA

nah I don't mind meeting at the station it's a nice ride up and back, but we need to get there early for tom, it's gonna be loving packed to the gills. Wanna meet there 6:30?

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Also rideapart did an article about cornerspin http://rideapart.com/2014/06/real-rider-cornerspin-riding-school-experience/

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

HNasty posted:

nah I don't mind meeting at the station it's a nice ride up and back, but we need to get there early for tom, it's gonna be loving packed to the gills. Wanna meet there 6:30?

Yeah, 6:30 at the Exxon sounds good.

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Man, I haven't had time to ride in weeks. Hope you guys are getting some good miles. I might be able to join later in July.

I just did a solid 200 today down in MD. The weather is surprisingly good for July. Coming back into the city was a little nerve wracking though, lots of out-of-towners who don't know where they are going today.

Koruthaiolos
Nov 21, 2002

I'll try to make it too. I had to work today and the beautiful weather was agonizing.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
That Cornerspin report was on the class I was in. One of the guys she refers to at the end who crashed playing at sumo drag racing was me. That girl rode there from Chicago on a Ninja 250. One of the guys she was with banged his knee up in class and had to go to the hospital. Couldn't ride home.

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

That Cornerspin report was on the class I was in. One of the guys she refers to at the end who crashed playing at sumo drag racing was me. That girl rode there from Chicago on a Ninja 250. One of the guys she was with banged his knee up in class and had to go to the hospital. Couldn't ride home.

LOL

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Ughhh, learned a harsh lesson today. If you "look fast", don't go at the speed of traffic on the beltway/dc highways with the 55 mph limit.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer

M42 posted:

Ughhh, learned a harsh lesson today. If you "look fast", don't go at the speed of traffic on the beltway/dc highways with the 55 mph limit.

Big ticket? Hopefully you were on the MD side and not VA...

M42
Nov 12, 2012

NoVA :sigh: my fault entirely. Ended up in a bubble of space for a few minutes, so my speed was pretty noticeable in contrast to being in a crowd of cars ahead/behind that were going just as fast. Babby's first ticket. At least he didn't add a "reckless driving" charge on top, I hear that happens with speeding around here sometimes.

M42
Nov 12, 2012

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Yup, Turn left on Aden, then left again on Fleetwood and it's some pretty nice riding behind Quantico.

Double pooooost. Thanks for the suggestion! I did this today and it was awesome. For anyone doing that route, a truck blew its coolant all over the road a few miles before the aden -> fleetwood intersection this morning. Keep an eye out if you're going.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

How was Cars and Coffee and the ride to 211 this weekend? I need trip reports so I can ride vicariously through you guys until I get my poo poo together.

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
It was a great day all around. We had to get up at the crack of rear end, but it was well worth it. We met up at the g town Exxon around 6:30 then headed to Great Falls.

Cars and coffee was fun. Lots of good stuff and more than average attendance. Saw a Noble (M12?) in real life for the first time. We did however get yelled at by this old lady for parking our bikes too close to her husband's Ferrari. She also informed us they had 20 more cars :waycool:

After that we headed to 211 taking the usual back roads. We couldn't have asked for better conditions on 211. Low traffic, no gravel, no cops. We spent about an hour just going back and forth on that road alone. After that we made our way over to pit stop BBQ and got some grub. Hopped onto the highway after that and got back to DC around 3 or 4. Overall a :krad: biek day.

edit: McLaren did you skip C&C because your shoulder hurt or because you were crazy hungover :v:

hot sauce fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Jul 7, 2014

HNasty
Jul 17, 2005

Since everyone was too lazy to ride on sunday again, I rode with my fellow euro bike owners and did 211 and the back country once again on sunday. Felt great, specially since I had actually slept on sat night.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
GSX-R's running, and first track day of the year is registered for this weekend with N2 at NCBIKE. Going Saturday/Sunday, camping out trackside Friday/Saturday night. Should be a lot of fun. :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hot sauce
Jan 13, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The blue looks great man.

McLarenF1
Jan 9, 2004

hot sauce posted:

McLaren did you skip C&C because your shoulder hurt or because you were crazy hungover :v:
My shoulder mostly because I was doing 16 oz curls all day long while watching the World Cup :cheers:

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

M42 posted:

Double pooooost. Thanks for the suggestion! I did this today and it was awesome. For anyone doing that route, a truck blew its coolant all over the road a few miles before the aden -> fleetwood intersection this morning. Keep an eye out if you're going.

Oh sweet good call, only 5 miles away from the start of that route, might have to check it out when I have a day off and it isnt raining :argh:.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!
Anyone else have a very wet ride home today?

I felt like this guy

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

That must have suuucked. I got caught down at the waterfront (not on my bike, but I almost took it) and that was some serious poo poo. A cop rode into the parking lot about ten minutes into the rain. He was drenched and riding with a half helmet couldn't have been much fun.

IndianaZoidberg
Aug 21, 2011

My name isnt slick, its Zoidberg. JOHN F***ING ZOIDBERG!

ought ten posted:

That must have suuucked. I got caught down at the waterfront (not on my bike, but I almost took it) and that was some serious poo poo. A cop rode into the parking lot about ten minutes into the rain. He was drenched and riding with a half helmet couldn't have been much fun.

It wasn't too bad. At least once I got my leather gloves and jacket dried out, everything is nice and snug and not loose anymore.

I got to say that my bike makes me feel better about riding in the rain. I feels like it's saying "Rain? Haha! That's cute." when it's a loving downpour.

Matthew Bueller
Aug 23, 2013

Anal sunshine when she's gone. It's not warm when she's away. Anal sunshine when she's gone. And she's always gone too long. Anytime she goes away.
Rode my buddy's "new" bike home for him from Winchester on Wednesday. Got a bit of wet road, rain, traffic, and heat.

1982 Honda GL500 SilverWing Interstate

Engine sounds great, needs a bit of work. Comes with all the modern convinces of 1982 including tape deck, AM/FM radio and some kind of COM system... minus the headsets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

M42 posted:

Just got back from a loop of this, pretty fun ride but I kept getting stuck behind a line of cars going super slow in the corners :argh:,

• Locked thread