Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Widestancer posted:

Did this really just happen

It was inevitable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

:magical:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
At least its better than all of those ME2 emoticons.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
I don't care one way or another.

suburban virgin
Jul 26, 2007
Highly qualified lurker.
Getting back into this after a break of a year or so, playing around with the last stable version of Masterwork and finding lots of cool poo poo. poo poo that will take me a while to get to at my current rate, as my most recent fortress got attacked by a motherfucking dragon in autumn of year two. A dragon. Fire and blood.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
I am the nemesis of :iit:, once revered by those who didn't know any better. Prepare to die.

What were we talking about again?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

my dad posted:

I am the nemesis of :iit:, once revered by those who didn't know any better. Prepare to die.

What were we talking about again?

Dwarf Therapist Optimization Plans?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Widestancer posted:

Did this really just happen

Did I make a mistake?

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Subjunctive posted:

Did I make a mistake?

You spent 50 dollars. Whether this is a mistake or not is entirely up to you.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

my dad posted:

$30?

And I do not believe it was a mistake.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
:iit:

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Adventurer mode questions again: How do I actually get into a Dark Fortress? According to the navigation thing I'm standing on one, but there's nothing here at all. Do I have to find a tunnel from a dwarven civ and get there that way or something?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Prism posted:

It was inevitable.

Now we just need :iwi: so this can just turn into pages of emotes back and forth

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Gus Hobbleton posted:

Adventurer mode questions again: How do I actually get into a Dark Fortress? According to the navigation thing I'm standing on one, but there's nothing here at all. Do I have to find a tunnel from a dwarven civ and get there that way or something?

Go to the site in the Q menu and look for the big O on the map. That's where the spire is. The "center" of the site and the actual location of the tower are often different.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Azhais posted:

Now we just need :iwi: so this can just turn into pages of emotes back and forth

Alternatively just play DF and get the exact same. :iit:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Even if that thing never gets used outside of DF threads, like half the forum is DF threads anyway so I don't see the problem.

Oh and are we going to have to wait for DFHack to be fixed every time there's a new update, or does it only get broken by major ones? It's been so long since we've had a new version I can't even remember.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

my dad posted:

$30, but I won't miss the money. I'll live with the risk of my SA legacy being a mediocre smiley addition.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Subjunctive posted:

$30, but I won't miss the money. I'll live with the risk of my SA legacy being a mediocre smiley addition.

Just not get banned three times and you basically broke even.

That is how it works :downs:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Zoe posted:

Even if that thing never gets used outside of DF threads, like half the forum is DF threads anyway so I don't see the problem.

Oh and are we going to have to wait for DFHack to be fixed every time there's a new update, or does it only get broken by major ones? It's been so long since we've had a new version I can't even remember.

Yeah, it does, but we only have to go over every goddamn inch of it with a fine-tooth comb just this once. The first go-over of 34.01-02 took just under two weeks from release, but the rest of the early 0.34 versions only took a few days to catch up.

At least it's over two thirds of the way done now.

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

GorfZaplen posted:

Go to the site in the Q menu and look for the big O on the map. That's where the spire is. The "center" of the site and the actual location of the tower are often different.

Kickass, thanks.

In other news:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Is there a way to micro-manage cooking a little better? I have lots of delicious syrup to go with those quarry bush leaves but my cook insists on making roasts with 4x bags of leaves.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

markus_cz posted:

Have you really...?

You have.

I must leave.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Is there a way to micro-manage cooking a little better? I have lots of delicious syrup to go with those quarry bush leaves but my cook insists on making roasts with 4x bags of leaves.

There's a setting in the 'O'rders menu that toggles between 'Mix food' and 'do not mix food'. It might be under Workshop Orders. I have no clue if that actually works but give it a try.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Elth posted:

There's a setting in the 'O'rders menu that toggles between 'Mix food' and 'do not mix food'. It might be under Workshop Orders. I have no clue if that actually works but give it a try.

Pretty sure that only works for mixing in barrels because you can't make a 4x syrup roast, there has to be 1 solid element. Although I did confirm that you can make a roast with 1x Sugar and 3x Syrup.

Dwarven Diabetus :iit:

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Pretty sure that only works for mixing in barrels because you can't make a 4x syrup roast, there has to be 1 solid element. Although I did confirm that you can make a roast with 1x Sugar and 3x Syrup.

Dwarven Diabetus :iit:

It's a little known fact that the dwarven pancreas is just as hardy as the liver.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
How does it work if you have a chair and throne in the same room, designate the chair as a study and the table as a dining room, and assign them both to 1 noble? Does the "value" of the room get divided or something?

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging

Salvor_Hardin posted:

How does it work if you have a chair and throne in the same room, designate the chair as a study and the table as a dining room, and assign them both to 1 noble? Does the "value" of the room get divided or something?

I think so. Incredibly fancy, multi-purpose megarooms used to be the go-to noble satisfaction tactic, but they got nerfed eventually. Now they need to be either ludicrously fancy, or multiple rooms.

Elth
Jul 28, 2011

Usually, putting a piece of artifact furniture in a room will make it so mindblowingly awesome that nobles won't mind bunking with the fort's entire noble class. Unless that was nerfed too.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
One of my dudes finished withdrawing from society (secretive mood) and created an artifact cloth thing but didn't get legendary status. Is this a new thing or a bug?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Salvor_Hardin posted:

One of my dudes finished withdrawing from society (secretive mood) and created an artifact cloth thing but didn't get legendary status. Is this a new thing or a bug?

Nope! Some moods don't get skill gains, been around forever.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Last I knew, having a room overlap with another room divided both rooms' value by four. It was divided by four no matter how many other rooms were intersected. So you could do it, but the room needed to be four times the target value.

This was several versions ago, though, so it might have changed.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

Elth posted:

Usually, putting a piece of artifact furniture in a room will make it so mindblowingly awesome that nobles won't mind bunking with the fort's entire noble class. Unless that was nerfed too.

Hahaha, the king's wife suspects an extramarital affair, but really he just has to see that masterwork slate chair in the commoner's burrow again.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Salvor_Hardin posted:

There's a way to do it with single-space stockpiles which have no barrels, specialized per ingredient, feeding the kitchen. I think maybe on the wiki? That's the gist of it anyway.

Does the ingredient mix affect quality?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

GreyPowerVan posted:

Mortal Terror, usually?

Nope, since the last release it also stands for dwarves overcome by terror.

pretty sure melancholy is a cyan blinking !

Clockwork Cupcake
Oct 31, 2010

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Nope! Some moods don't get skill gains, been around forever.

Shouldn't the withdraws-from-society one give skill gains, though? I thought it was just possession that didn't.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

There's a way to do it with single-space stockpiles which have no barrels, specialized per ingredient, feeding the kitchen. I think maybe on the wiki? That's the gist of it anyway.

Does the ingredient mix affect quality?

It affects total values since the sizzurp is one of the most valuable ingredients. I wonder though: does the value affect giving dwarves happy thoughts or just the quality? I primarily use processed food as trade goods but assume my dudes like it too.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
:iit:

what font did you use for :iit:, FutonForensic? Small Fonts isn't quite it.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Has there been any word on when Masterwork will update?

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Diogines posted:

Has there been any word on when Masterwork will update?

No, but it will be quite awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
I lost an entire year's progress to a crash today. I am well aware it is my own stupid fault, but I'm switching back to Masterwork for now. Autosave spoils me.

On a more hilarious note. I had to abandon and reclaim a fort because a ghost decided to manifest in the dining room and everyone was too busy panicking to engrave a stupid slab to get rid of it. Your dorfs won't bury dwarven invaders and they still rise as ghosts.

Also pet training doesn't work half the time.