Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

It appears the SAS wiki is no more and I sadly can't find the Jon Fitch page in google cache or archive.org.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!

Mr. Nice! posted:

It appears the SAS wiki is no more and I sadly can't find the Jon Fitch page in google cache or archive.org.

Awwww. Good job, good effort. Appreciated.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

God damnit Dunc write faster.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Jon Fitch was, and likely remains, an effective wrestler

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Fedor definitely deserves to be in the MMA HoF, if it were to exist
He's 4-3 in sanctioned competitions and his best win is over Tim Sylvia. Ain't poo poo, never was.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Please do not speak poorly of the Tim Sylvia. The fact that the dude even made it as far in MMA as he did is a testament to his pathological levels of stubbornness.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

coconono posted:

Please do not speak poorly of the Tim Sylvia. The fact that the dude even made it as far in MMA as he did is a testament to his pathological levels of stubbornness.

Beast mode!

Fedor's biggest win was Big Nog, who became UFC champ as soon as he entered the UFC.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

Ogantai posted:

He's 4-3 in sanctioned competitions and his best win is over Tim Sylvia. Ain't poo poo, never was.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Jon Fitch looked good in the Hallman fight but I'm still disappointed he wasn't able to get the finish even at a heavier catchweight against a man with a lot of miles on him.

Andrei Arlovski looked bad in WSOF and still got a UFC contract and what do you know his UFC return fight was trash too. All I'm saying is bring back Fitch.

Arlovski's WSOF run was better than Fitch's. Fitch looked like complete garbage in his second fight and lost his first in a minute. Andrei's only loss was to the P4P heaviest man on the planet.

Opal
May 10, 2005

some by their splendor rival the colors of the painters, others the flame of burning sulphur or of fire quickened by oil.

Ogantai posted:

I don't know

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Why hasn't Aoki ever made his was over to the UFC to get wrestled?

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Didn't he do an interview once where it was heavily implied that the Yakuza wouldn't allow it or something?

Anyways it would've been funny to see him get wrestled by someone lovely like Clay Guida in 2010.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Is Aoki's money still managed by his parents? I like to think of him as a man child whose doled out an allowance to break peoples limbs.

The short, vaguely racist answer is the Aoki is in pretty deep with the most silly insular Japanese parts of MMA.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

omg chael crash posted:

the short answer is he'd be there if he didn't have a kid and the long answer is one fc give him really good money and opportunities outside the ring training people in a gym made entirely out of solid gold. competition is kind of secondary to that

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
also the ability to hang out in singapore and constantly try to molest and gently caress people other than his wife is probably a big draw for him. he's a huge creep

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Triticum Guzzler posted:

also the ability to hang out in singapore and constantly try to molest and gently caress people other than his wife is probably a big draw for him. he's a huge creep

No wonder Michael Schiavello loves that guy.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

what? i'm not doubting you or anything, but, what?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Marching Powder posted:

the sex trade in singapore is thriving.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

aoki constantly and aggressively pestered and got handsy with female journalists, photographers, translators, anybody sort of vaguely involved in the fight business or press events. some people thought he'd stop once they found out he had a kid but he just kept on rolling

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

david carmichael posted:

the sex trade in singapore is thriving.

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/event/1/Pictures-Aoki-and-Imanari-the-Odd-Couple-16454

(apologies for a Sherdog link)

Food Court Druid
Jul 17, 2007

Boredom is always counter-revolutionary. Always.
I got around to watching the ONE FC card from last weekend, and let me say that Cheng vs. Hassan was the most trashweight fight I've ever seen. It now fills me with joy that we may see a former Euroleague basketball player face a former CFL player for the One FC heavyweight title.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

omg chael crash posted:

Did he not fight in Strike force, or maybe EliteXC in the US? Got squashed by Melendez, I remember that. But so do most fighters.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Alvarez also killed him in Bellator.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
he did beat alvarez via the dreaded crab walk to heel hook or whatever back when Dream was still a thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

wooger posted:

Did he not fight in Strike force, or maybe EliteXC in the US? Got squashed by Melendez, I remember that. But so do most fighters.

it was Strikeforce and Gilbear made him look like an absolute chump.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
The best thing about Aoki in the past few years has been the FakeShinyaAoki twitter account.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm thinking Aoki won't fight in the US because they won't let him wear his cool pants.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

coconono posted:

it was Strikeforce and Gilbear made him look like an absolute chump.

greatest card of all times.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

TheReverend posted:

I'm thinking Aoki won't fight in the US because they won't let him wear his cool pants.

He has basically said that foreigners have more sweat, so he needs pants to grapple with them.

I guess he could do that thing where someone wears ankle wraps, knee sleeves and compression shorts to simulate grapple-pants

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

TheReverend posted:

He has fought three times in the US.

Imanari on the other hand can't get through customs due to being insane. I imagine his interviews with customs involve him going berserk when he finds out they have legs.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

LobsterMobster posted:

He has basically said that foreigners have more sweat, so he needs pants to grapple with them.

I guess he could do that thing where someone wears ankle wraps, knee sleeves and compression shorts to simulate grapple-pants

I'm sure he can go down to thailand or wherever and wrestle greased pigs.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Why the hell would Aoki want to come over here to lose fights for probably less pay?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Why the hell would Aoki want to come over here to lose fights for probably less pay?

Like Aoki even knows what he makes in Japan.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Yuriry is absolutely right Leonard Garcia is entertaining.

Here is some proof.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
Entertaining in wins and defeats

Dang though :(

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
Wow. 1:32 into the first.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Damon Jackson is a beast

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Damon Jackson is a beast

Dude won't even take a day off, he was right back in the gym this morning. Hell he was already there working with Matt Hobar when I got there at 9:30 this morning.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
There's more post-UFC MMA tonight but it's Brazilian so meh: Jungle Fights @ 8 PM EDT - http://tv-aovivo.nl/lutashd.html

http://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/25003-jungle-fight-71

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Phil Baroni fights next week. God bless