Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

I Am Crake posted:

I would commit murder for the privilege of having a store like that in my street.

You'd commit murder to get a 7/11 opened up on your street?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I Am Crake posted:

I would commit murder for the privilege of having a store like that in my street.

Take one of mine. There are so loving many near me and I'm not even in a city.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Roy
Sep 24, 2007

WebDog posted:

The latest Assassin's Creed game got flack for not including any female playable characters as Ubisoft said the development time of doing a whole new set of animations and costumes would just burn up too much development time.
Then they got lambasted by the industry where sources commented that many games get around that issue by sharing animation assets and that Ubisoft had done exactly the same thing with previous games. They also claimed it would take a few days to create such a character.

Just label one of the characters as a FtM transethnic otherkin. Problem solved, if any critics raise their voice about wanting more feminine characters ubisoft can just accuse them of transphobia.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Top joke, bro

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Mulefisk posted:

Just label one of the characters as a FtM transethnic otherkin. Problem solved, if any critics raise their voice about wanting more feminine characters ubisoft can just accuse them of transphobia.

Epic win! :thumbsup:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Mulefisk posted:

For the record, FtM people aren't female. That's kind of the whole point, brocipher.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Kajeesus posted:

For the record, FtM people aren't female. That's kind of the whole point, brocipher.

How dare you. What if she wants to be identified as a transgender woman? I'm being triggered so badly right now.

(It was a typo, you putz.)

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

What the hell is going on with her legs?

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
She has yet to receive her bacon.

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.

CaptBushido posted:

You'd commit murder to get a 7/11 opened up on your street?

Yeah I guess. For some reason convenience stores aren't really a thing here. Everything closes at 9pm which is horse poo poo and the only store that's opened until 11pm is at the train station and like twice as expensive as a regular supermarket.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
That's really about the same as the convience store experience.

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I Am Crake posted:

Yeah I guess. For some reason convenience stores aren't really a thing here. Everything closes at 9pm which is horse poo poo and the only store that's opened until 11pm is at the train station and like twice as expensive as a regular supermarket.

Move to a city. At 4am I can walk half a mile and buy shampoo, a slice of pizza, swing into the 5am bar, and then walk into the urgent care after inevitably being stabbed.

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

I Am Crake posted:

Convenience stores are more expensive than supermarkets. You pay more money in exchange for the convenience of going out at 3am and buying a soda, motor oil, jerkey, and cheese-stuffed doritos.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

veedubfreak posted:

What the hell is going on with her legs?

It looks like maybe someone needed to lengthen the sign when they shopped it, and stretched the entire bottom half of the image?

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

cobalt impurity posted:

Convenience stores are more expensive than supermarkets. You pay more money in exchange for the convenience of going out at 3am and buying a soda, motor oil, jerkey, and cheese-stuffed doritos.

Wal-Mart is open 24/7. And it's really loving convenient at 3am since no one else is there.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This is adorable but honestly gently caress that guy for reckless driving.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah gently caress that dude. And his little dog, too.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Yeah gently caress that dude. And his little dog, too.

:golfclap:

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

veedubfreak posted:

Wal-Mart is open 24/7. And it's really loving convenient at 3am since no one else is there.

There are still places on this earth where walmarts are thin on the ground, and in those areas they tend to close like regular stores.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

veedubfreak posted:

Hahah what kind of big new york style city are yall from? My wal mart closes at 9pm and opens at 8am. Everything else in town closes down at 7-8. Two gas stations close at 10 and Allsups is open 24/7. There is nothing better then a Allsups chimichanga at 3 in the morning.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Darth Freddy posted:

Hahah what kind of big new york style city are yall from? My wal mart closes at 9pm and opens at 8am. Everything else in town closes down at 7-8. Two gas stations close at 10 and Allsups is open 24/7. There is nothing better then a Allsups chimichanga at 3 in the morning.

Denver? Hell, even the Wal-Mart in the podunk shithole of Huntsville, TX that I lived in before escaping TX was open 24/7. I just thought that's what they did.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

veedubfreak posted:

Denver? Hell, even the Wal-Mart in the podunk shithole of Huntsville, TX that I lived in before escaping TX was open 24/7. I just thought that's what they did.

It depends on the Wal-Mart (they aren't all super centers), and also on local culture. In Miami, the closest 24-hour Wal-Mart was over 20 minutes away from my home. Here in Vegas, I don't think it's possible to be more than ten minutes from a 24-hour Wal-Mart.

Edit: vv It isn't so much that everything is open 24 hours per day, here. It's more that there's at least one place open all night for almost anything you want to do. 24-hour grocery shopping? Smiths or Wal-Mart. 24-hour pharmacy? Walgreens. 24-hour bingo? Arizona Charlie's. 24-hour sit-down restaurants? All over the place. 24-hour movie theater? You're hosed.

Centripetal Horse has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Jul 17, 2014

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Centripetal Horse posted:

It depends on the Wal-Mart (they aren't all super centers), and also on local culture. In Miami, the closest 24-hour Wal-Mart was over 20 minutes away from my home. Here in Vegas, I don't think it's possible to be more than ten minutes from a 24-hour Wal-Mart.

A roommate of mine from Vegas said that basically everything was 24 hours. One night at 3 AM he was amazed and confused when we told him stuff was closed.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I live in the Bermuda rectangle of Wal-marts and they are trying to build two more.

All are open 24 hours a day and no one can figure out how they are still making money.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

VendaGoat posted:

I live in the Bermuda rectangle of Wal-marts and they are trying to build two more.

All are open 24 hours a day and no one can figure out how they are still making money.

Reminds me of starbucks in the seattle area. In federal way you could stand in one starbucks and have line of sight to two others, and that's a relatively smaller suburb compared to the main bulk of downtown.

nocal
Mar 7, 2007
Did you ever notice how a Starbucks Wal-Mart Target? Costco or Sam's Club, but often a Target. McDonald's was once, but beyond a Borders (LOL), every night a retail.
Personal take on the Starbucks: a very

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

nocal posted:

Did you ever notice how a Starbucks Wal-Mart Target? Costco or Sam's Club, but often a Target. McDonald's was once, but beyond a Borders (LOL), every night a retail.

I did not notice.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

nocal posted:

I was very sorry to hear about your massive stroke, but it's good to see you've retained some few motor skills at least.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's admirable he can post at all really.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

It's admirable he can post at all really.

He's trying to update his Facebook and wondering why it's not working.

karl fungus
May 6, 2011

Baeume sind auch Freunde

nocal posted:

Yes.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

nocal posted:

How long have you been a Wal-mart Greeter?

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

nocal posted:

The best thing I've read all day.

Jon Zyetta has a new favorite as of 01:28 on Jul 17, 2014

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) >PYF Walmart Hours

My local Walmart super center is only open 24 hours a day in december.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Falcon2001 posted:

Reminds me of starbucks in the seattle area. In federal way you could stand in one starbucks and have line of sight to two others, and that's a relatively smaller suburb compared to the main bulk of downtown.

In Vegas we have Terrible's Chevrons. You can be standing at the intersection of two major roads, and three out of four corners will have Terrible's gas stations/convenience marts on them.

nocal posted:

Have you really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

nocal posted:

A winner is you.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

nocal posted:

So the big part of why is that they're always trying to be proving unlikely theories about the fact that for some reason they had no idea what to do next.

And that's why they're here.

Spoken like a true scientist. Or politician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Kheldarn posted:

A winner is you.

ok maybe I'm dumb but is the joke here that tan lines exist?

• Locked thread