Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Sagan is a loving retard, what a failed tactic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011

TraderStav posted:

Really hoping Gallopin takes the stage. Really want to see more of his wife.

Hard to lose now, when Sagan et al didn't work together

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Gallopin' owns

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Hegay posted:

Sagan is a loving retard, what a failed tactic.

He is, that's the second stage he could have won comfortably.

Gallopin loving owns

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

He is, that's the second stage he could have won comfortably.

Gallopin loving owns

Lol he just threw his bike the gently caress away

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

I always get a little mad when chasing groups sit up like a bunch of quitters, but on the other hand I'm happy for Gallopin.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I give him 37 minutes.

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
Also Sagan finished like 9th, would have been surely top 4 if he wanted to.

Then again, I guess he's pretty safe in green.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Smart and strong move by Gallopin, he never give up.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Talansky is a little bit of a turd isn't he

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Greg Lemond is incredible on TV he's like a 15 year old calling to ask a girl out and her dad answers the phone, its so awkward, makes me feel bad

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Lol if Sagan doesn't win a stage this TDF. I'm hoping this will happen, Cycling news comments section about him is getting funny.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
-32'05 should be fast enough for Talansky to stay on the tour. Just.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

InRng said he finished before the cutoff. AFWIW; I'm reading that Garmin management asked him if he wanted to drop out but he wouldn't. And that he didn't want any teammates to come back for him. Pride.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Pocket posted:

Lol if Sagan doesn't win a stage this TDF. I'm hoping this will happen, Cycling news comments section about him is getting funny.

I'm thinking Sagan peaked in 2012.

Knitting Beetles
Feb 4, 2006

Fallen Rib

dema posted:

InRng said he finished before the cutoff. AFWIW; I'm reading that Garmin management asked him if he wanted to drop out but he wouldn't. And that he didn't want any teammates to come back for him. Pride.

Even though the fall that caused all this was completely retarded, good to see him finish. Hope he doesn't crack on Friday.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Stage 11 Besançon / Oyonnax

EN - Summary - Stage 11 (Besançon > Oyonnax)
EN - Hot news of the day - Stage 11

Stage 12 Bourg-en-Bresse / Saint-Étienne 185.5km

Stage Analysis

Mountain passes & hills

Km 58.5 - Col de Brouilly 1.7 km at 5.1% - category 4
Km 83.0 - Côte du Saule-d'Oingt 3.8 km at 4.5% - category 3
Km 138.0 - Col des Brosses1 5.3 km at 3.3% - category 3
Km 164.0 - Côte de Grammond 9.8 km at 2.9% - category 4

Intermediate sprint & Finish

Weather
Hot day tomorrow, 33°C (91°F) wind 20km/h

Stage 12 winner odds

Time schedule

Start 13h05
Finish 17h18 (44 km/h) 17h30 (40 km/h) 17h43 (38 km/h)

accipter
Sep 12, 2003
And another of Marion Rousse.

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Sagan to win green without a stage win, that would be awesome. I was rooting for Gallopin today, what a great win.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

I think Sagan knows exactly where he sits and what he's capable of.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

2nd place

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Pocket posted:

2nd place

Yeah i have to say it irks me slightly the green jersey is sort of 'most average rider' now

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

That is partly why I hope he does not win a stage this year. I hope it would force ASO's hand in reworking it towards being an actual sprinters jersey rather than a "snatch up the most intermediate sprints and sometimes finish in the top 10" jersey.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

What happened to Sagan is basically exactly how he dropped the earlier stage to Nibali. He just sort of stood there arguing with the break while somebody else went for it. Welp, he's guaranteed green jersey so I guess that's decent?

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

He was interviewed afterwards and was pretty upfront about it. He's comfortable wearing green (which was his goal from the beginning) and if he has to do all the work at every stage only to be slipstreamed and possibly one-upped at the line it's not worth it so I can see his frustration. It's not like he didn't think he could win and was just lazy.

And yes winning green and no stages would be a funny finger to the rules.

Box Hill Strangler
Jun 27, 2007

Frozen peas are on special at Woolies! Bargain!
Sagan is a chump.

Gallopin is a lucky man.

Nibali will crash and break his arm on stage 15.

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Love this.

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

You should try it, it's a real buzz.

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Yeah i have to say it irks me slightly the green jersey is sort of 'most average rider' now

well, the mountains classification is pretty much the breakaway jersey.

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

At least I've never respected the green/polka jersey for being a competition for "best mountaineer" or "best sprinter". They are little side competitions to create some quasi interest for those stages that have no relevant activities during the first 150 km. They are ok as such, but there might be potential to create something a bit more interesting.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

IndustrialApe posted:

well, the mountains classification is pretty much the breakaway jersey.

Yeah I always think maybe the the polka dot jersey should be awarded based on the lowest cumulative time up all the climbs that way you have the climbers riding their own race up the big climbs rather then trying to get in a break or following the GC guys but I guess actually the yellow jersey would win that too.

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
I think it came when they increased the number of intermediate sprints or something.

Didn't the Giro have an extra points competition (not to be confused with the combination) which was basically based on stage finishes only or something? (It doesn't anymore as far as I know.)

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

The Deadly Hume posted:

Didn't the Giro have an extra points competition (not to be confused with the combination) which was basically based on stage finishes only or something? (It doesn't anymore as far as I know.)

Man, there were so many weird jerseys in the history of the sport, I remember a red jersey for the best intermediate sprinter for instance.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Sagan has basically locked up the sprint jersey until someone can contest the intermediates with him. The proper sprinters just cant stick with him on the climbs enough to compete.

They either need to cut the points intermediates offer, or make stage wins worth more.

Mr.Nice
Apr 28, 2006
Andrew Talansky didn't start today.
Rast, Clarke, Langeveld, Vachon, De la Cruz in the breakaway with 4'40" over the peloton.

Broadcasts at 14h15
First climb around 16h00
Finish around 17h30

http://www.letour.com/le-tour/2014/us/live/aso/

http://www.cyclingfans.com/tour-de-france/live
http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#live
http://www.procyclinglive.com/livestream/

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

It's happened, cbf to turn the Tour on today, whole thing's gone to poo poo.

Edit: okay I tuned in but yawn.

Pocket fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jul 17, 2014

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Netapp guy broke his collarbone, you can tell

DONT TOUCH THE PC
Jul 15, 2001

They're gonna pass Andrei Kivilev's former home today isn't it? The true winner of the tour in 2001 (haha) and the fatality that got the UCI to finally make helmets mandatory.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Tours turned into a real bore now.

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

serious gaylord posted:

Tours turned into a real bore now.

Stages like this were never going to be some amazing spectacle were they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Legendary Ptarmigan