Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!
I wasn't even alive when AD&D 2e came out. Eat it you old farts!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Asymmetrikon posted:

Git off mah lawn.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.

Asymmetrikon posted:

I'm imagining this in Kristen Schaal's voice and it is wonderful.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I was born in the early nineties. I was 7 at the turn of the millennium.

Don't worry, though, with my horrible health, you'll all outlive me.

Asymmetrikon
Oct 30, 2009

I believe you're a big dork!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I'm imagining this in Kristen Schaal's voice and it is wonderful.

This is really how you should read everything I post, and ideally, anything anyone says ever.

Forums Terrorist
Dec 8, 2011

Covok posted:

I was born in the early nineties. I was 7 at the turn of the millennium.

Don't worry, though, with my horrible health, you'll all outlive me.

I was 9, and I can still remember the millenium clock and fireworks display they had along Parnell Place. :allears:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Asymmetrikon posted:

This is really how you should read everything I post, and ideally, anything anyone says ever.

exception
<---

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I don't think you understand, Gau.

Asymmetrikon posted:

Good news for you, I always imagine your posts as Mabel. We have Gruncle Winson, too!

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree

zachol posted:

I was born in '89 but spent the majority of school years until I was 12 or so living in Mexico. The original Dragon Ball was a massive cultural touchstone among my friends. Most days were spent wandering around a beach and/or jungle. The village only ran the generator for power in the evenings.
In the summer I lived thirty miles into a fuckoff massive forest and spent my days watching the Discovery Channel, wandering around the forest, or playing with my all of one friend who lived thirty miles further in. We spent most of our time hitting each other with sticks.
So I guess what I'm saying is the 90's were pretty cool.

I was born in '89 and I didn't get any of this cool poo poo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm turning 21 in less than half a month

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Apparently Mike Mearls believes there is a massive SA conspiracy to use gender and race issues to slander zak.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
So Mearls has decided that SA is persona non grata when it comes to claims made against contributors of D&D next.

Edit: Damnit. I loving wish there was at this point though.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jul 17, 2014

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Then I suppose Mr. Mearls products will be persona non grata at my gaming table, too. It can be mutual!

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Someone get him an account, see if he can last longer than Zak without flaming out spectacularlydisappointingly

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Apparently Mike Mearls believes there is a massive SA conspiracy to use gender and race issues to slander zak.

Well than its official for me. gently caress Dungeons and Dragons 5E.

Kill all Elfgames. Let Storygames rule the earth.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Der Waffle Mous posted:

Now where did he say this?

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
He prefers the folks who hang out on such refined internet gatherings as the RPGsite I guess.

Darwinism
Jan 6, 2008

Saguaro PI posted:

He prefers the folks who hang out on such refined internet gatherings like the RPGsite I guess.

Well at least he isn't one of the swine

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Well than its official for me. gently caress Dungeons and Dragons 5E.

Kill all Elfgames. Let Storygames rule the earth.

I mean it's basically 3.5 but with a few minor changes, which is not anything I'd ever be looking to play again anyway. It's just all this shittiness makes the decision to avoid it even easier.

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

DalaranJ posted:

Also interested in this, because I just sent him my Zak S experience.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

From some of their tweets I've read I'm pretty sure they're pals after working together, so I have to assume there was a less than 0 chance anything would happen on the credited consultants front unless Zak was literally going to jail.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

Forums Terrorist posted:

I was 9, and I can still remember the millenium clock and fireworks display they had along Parnell Place. :allears:

If you didn't party like it was 1999 on the last night of 1998 I don't even know you.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Apparently Mearls assumes that all of SA is FYAD or possibly 4chan or something, because he seems to be under the impression that we do nothing but post violent hate screeds non-stop all day every day, twice on weekends.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Having FYAD and GBS as the first two forums displayed when you discover SA, kind of sets a tone.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
no, you see, all 190K registered users on this forums site are identical

Saguaro PI
Mar 11, 2013

Totally legit tree
Now let's be fair, the guy who cyberstalks and harasses individuals who upset him or tries to organise Google bombing campaigns when forums won't put up with his bullshit can probably recognise harassment campaigns when he sees them, he is an expert consultant after all.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain posted:

no, you see, all 190K registered users on this forums site are identical

That's more people than live in the capital city of my country and almost more than the total of all its surrounding districts.

For perspective.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Fuego Fish posted:

Apparently Mearls assumes that all of SA is FYAD or possibly 4chan or something, because he seems to be under the impression that we do nothing but post violent hate screeds non-stop all day every day, twice on weekends.

Maybe he plays EVE. :laugh:

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Fuego Fish posted:

Now all we need is for Lowtax to unban Aatrek and say he's a Rudyard Kipling fan and Mike might hire goons.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Maybe he plays EVE. :laugh:

Impossible, playing EVE requires you to enjoy how math works.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Ettin posted:

Now all we need is for Lowtax to unban Aatrek and say he's a Rudyard Kipling fan and Mike might hire goons.

Fuego Fish posted:

Impossible, playing EVE requires you to enjoy how math works.

:vince:

Gau
Nov 18, 2003

I dunno, their Math Guy sounds like a lovely EVE pubbie.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Ettin posted:

:eyepop:

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

DalaranJ posted:

Yeah, do we have a source on this Mearls business?

I mean, I believe it, I'd just be a happier man if it wasn't true.

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010

Carteret posted:

Having FYAD and GBS as the first two forums displayed when you discover SA, kind of sets a tone.

Just want to be clear while I'm back: This is about how I feel about this. Also the word filter. I keep having weird conversations with RPGnet people who like my posts but want to know if there's a way around it because it's loving weird.

So I can see where he is coming from, but man, who hires Pundit and then worries about forums? :v:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
So Mearls is basically willing to judge everyone who got harassed by Zak S and Tarnowski on the content of other people's posts, but won't judge Zak S and Tarnowski on the content of their own posts?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Fuego Fish posted:

So Mearls is basically willing to judge everyone who got harassed by Zak S and Tarnowski on the content of other people's posts, but won't judge Zak S and Tarnowski on the content of their own posts?

A standard so good, you gotta make it a double! :haw:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is pretty unprofessional :)

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Ettin posted:

So I can see where he is coming from, but man, who hires Pundit and then worries about forums? :v:

This is really the crux of the matter right here. Like, I can kinda sorta see how someone might go "Zak S harasses people? Really?" because I repeatedly moderated the guy and only after he got permabanned did I find out about the harassment and the lists and poo poo.

But the Pundit? Really? That guy is open with his shitheadedness. That's all he's got, there's no way to mistake him for anything but an rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fuego Fish posted:

Well, apparently he's willing to share the details of the emails he got with Zak and/or Pundit (can't remember which said that Mearls told him he was A-OK and received no proof of harassment) but gets upset when people in correspondence with him tell others what he said, so this isn't exactly surprising.

But yeah Mearls is an appalling human being.

• Locked thread