Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He caused the entire Earth to be destroyed but that was okay with the hammer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mecca-Benghazi
Mar 31, 2012

Ms. Marvel was great. I don't know a thing about Wolverine besides what I remember from one of the older X-men movies, but his interactions with Kamala were hilarious. If only it could be weekly. :)

Also, I have no idea what's going on in Elektra but the art is still really drat pretty.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Mecca-Benghazi posted:

Also, I have no idea what's going on in Elektra but the art is still really drat pretty.

The end of the last issue was...weird. Otherwise, Elektra has been fantastic.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Quesada just confirmed Falcon as the new Cap on Colbert, if anyone was still not convinced.

Tavarin
May 10, 2003

I am definitely a madman with a box

Aphrodite posted:

Quesada just confirmed Falcon as the new Cap on Colbert, if anyone was still not convinced.

The real news is that Colbert is the new Falcon.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Shame Sam Wilson is taking the full name of Captain American, I would loved it if he only just added the Captain to his name and became Captain Falcon.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

EW has also talked about some new titles coming under the banner AVENGERS NOW!

This image shows hracters that will all be of importance in the coming year, so we can expect several of them to have new solo books. Dr. Strange and Ant-Man are assumed as movie tie-ins, Winter Soldier and Dethlok have been announced, Angela is rumored for SDCC. Lady Thor and Captain Falcon are both getting new #1's, Iron Man will too under the title Superior Iron Man which presumably means he'll yell out "THE DIE IS CAST" while making every new armor.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/marvels-avengers-now-captain-america-is-black-thor-is-female-iron-man-has-a-new-suit/

Dacap fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 17, 2014

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

That Captain Falcon looks incredibly stupid

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

That Captain Falcon looks incredibly stupid

The Design is way to busy. They tried to shove the chest design from the Secret Avengers/Cap 2/Nick Fury Jr. suit onto Cap's regular costume and it looks crowded. It only worked in the first place because it was the only real design on any otherwise blank navy canvas. The belt and side ridges are pretty ugly too, but I dig the goggles.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Angela's costume is still the worst.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So I guess Falcon's redesigning his wings to be fold-out or does being Captain America just mean that you're not allowed to fly anymore?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

TwoPair posted:

So I guess Falcon's redesigning his wings to be fold-out or does being Captain America just mean that you're not allowed to fly anymore?

Bullcrap.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
So is this the part where I sell my soul so that the new Ant-man solo is written by Mark Waid and gets a decent artist?

Also, i'm disappointed we're going from All-New Marvel NOW! to Avengers NOW!, I was hoping it'd just get longer or something "Uncanny All-New Marvel NOW!" or something.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012
That new Iron Man armor is ugly and it's color scheme is boring as hell. Also I'm betting it's Arno in there and not Tony.

TwoPair posted:

Maybe he's going to bring back the hard-light wings he used to have.

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Jul 17, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

TwoPair posted:

He's still got them.

Costume looks fine to me.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

So he's always going to be veering off to the side he carries the Shield, right?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

They have to replace Iron Man at this point with Arno. They just have to.

radlum
May 13, 2013
The costume in the group picture looks odd; that pic of just Captain Falcon is way better.

Also, who is the red guy in the group pic?

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Dacap posted:

Iron Man will too under the title Superior Iron Man

The Goon posted:

They have to replace Iron Man at this point with Arno. They just have to.

Hmmmmm.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's obviously going to be Doc Ock in Arno's body.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

radlum posted:

The costume in the group picture looks odd; that pic of just Captain Falcon is way better.

Jim Hammond, maybe?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hey, did anybody get all flustered and pissed off about Tony Stark being revealed as having been adopted and how that's pandering to orphans or some poo poo?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Dante from the Inhumans I think. Also that article makes it sound like it's still Tony as Iron Man but he moves to San Fran and does things differently.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

PantsOptional posted:

Jim Hammond, maybe?

I thought he was busy being in Invaders?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Deadpool posted:

Also that article makes it sound like it's still Tony as Iron Man but he moves to San Fran and does things differently.

Cant wait for a storyline where a StarkSpecs wearer is punched in the head.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

First Bass posted:

I thought he was busy being in Invaders?

He's a SHIELD agent now, so I can see him being in the Avengers.

(alternate answer: tell that to wolverine)

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

radlum posted:

Inferno from the Inhumans series.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Rhyno posted:

It's obviously going to be Doc Ock in Arno's body.

Octavius in Tony's body, masterminded by Arno written by Matt Fraction.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Dacap posted:

EW has also talked about some new titles coming under the banner AVENGERS NOW!

This image shows hracters that will all be of importance in the coming year, so we can expect several of them to have new solo books. Dr. Strange and Ant-Man are assumed as movie tie-ins, Winter Soldier and Dethlok have been announced, Angela is rumored for SDCC. Lady Thor and Captain Falcon are both getting new #1's, Iron Man will too under the title Superior Iron Man which presumably means he'll yell out "THE DIE IS CAST" while making every new armor.

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/07/16/marvels-avengers-now-captain-america-is-black-thor-is-female-iron-man-has-a-new-suit/

The mask and the diamond makes him look like Vision but it's okay cos I'm sure there's no way Vision or Ultron would end up being connected to Iron Man.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Rhyno posted:

Hey, did anybody get all flustered and pissed off about Tony Stark being revealed as having been adopted and how that's pandering to orphans or some poo poo?

No, mostly that it was just a stupid reveal and was purely for shock value. And look, that what it ended up being.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Arno? Is that the blonde-dyed scum brother from Ultimate Iron Man? Is he also a character in regular Marvel?

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Arno? Is that the blonde-dyed scum brother from Ultimate Iron Man? Is he also a character in regular Marvel?

No, the Ultimate brother was Gregory, there are two Arnos in the MU. The first Arno is Iron Man 2020 (introduced back when that was way in the future) and Tony's evil second cousin from an alternate future. He's currently showing up in Uncanny Avengers as part of Kang's crew. He has cogs on his armor.

The other Arno is Tony's recently introduced secret brother and the actual biological child of Howard and Maria Stark, Tony was actually adopted as a way for the Starks to trick an alien robot while they stuck Arno in an iron lung and hid him in a hospice his entire life. Oh and Arno was modified while in the womb so that he would one day uplift humanity or something. The story was pretty dumb.

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Jul 17, 2014

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

fatherboxx posted:

I had to go look this up as well. Apparently there's a 616 version kicking around now, and he and Tony are out doing stuff together. I haven't read an Iron Man book since before he ran off into space so I guess this is a thing now and they're going with it as opposed to a single arc. I guess after Gillen wrote a fairly forgettable run of X-Men and a footnote run of Journey into Mystery, he's aiming to leave a more permanent mark on the universe by creating a brother for Tony Stark?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The silver coloring and wider hips make that Iron Man look like kinda feminine.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

More on Iron Man, Marvel is still saying it's Tony but this sounds a lot like something Arno would do

quote:

Beginning in November, Superior Iron Man will take the place of Marvel's Iron Man comic book for an indefinite run, with Stark relocating to the City by the Bay. The storyline has Stark releasing a mobile app — a version of his Extremis tech that was largely the basis of the film Iron Man 2 — which offers users the promise of beauty, perfection ... and possibly immortality. Those things will, of course, come at a terrible price — and throw Stark's status as one of the good guys into question. In fact, Stark's mad-genius move will pit him against Daredevil, also a recent transplant to San Francisco, as the "Man Without Fear" won't take kindly to Stark's vision.

Read more at http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=103773#gM671sHI3ioq82sW.99

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Dacap posted:

More on Iron Man, Marvel is still saying it's Tony but this sounds a lot like something Arno would do

It's "Stark", so it's probably Arno.

e: nvm, didn't read the full article with the literal quote of "Yes, it is Tony" :suicide:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Rhyno posted:

Bullcrap.

I can't see this without imagining Cap flapping his arms.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
Maybe people will shut the hell up about thinking Angela is going to be the new Thor now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Senor Candle posted:

Maybe people will shut the hell up about thinking Angela is going to be the new Thor now.
It's wishful thinking, even though she's just been introduced back into the Marvel Universe. Because the alternative is a brand-new character no one's heard of being used as publicity aimed at people who don't, and probably won't, but comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Flameingblack posted:

It's wishful thinking, even though she's just been introduced back into the Marvel Universe. Because the alternative is a brand-new character no one's heard of being used as publicity aimed at people who don't, and probably won't, but comics.

Yep that's literally the only alternative!

• Locked thread