Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

zen death robot posted:

They didn't have missiles with that kind of range though. The plane was 36,000 feet up, so it would have had to be a more advanced SAM.

They also dont have tanks or grad systems or anything else provided by russia.

oh wait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OppyDoppyDopp
Feb 17, 2012

zen death robot posted:

They didn't have missiles with that kind of range though. The plane was 36,000 feet up, so it would have had to be a more advanced SAM.
maybe the pilot was buzzing the tower like in top gun and brought his plane into range

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Ninja fetus posted:

Ha. They've removed it. For those interested. Malaysia Airlines posted a picture of a cute teddybear in a pilotseat. The picture was followed up by a tweet about the crashed plane in Ukraine.

edit:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/malaysia-airlines-deletes-teddy-bear-tweet-following-plane-crash/
Tweets below the picture (before it was removed) were still things like "Screw your bear, go look for your drat plane" from days ago

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

zen death robot posted:

The Pentagon just said that the cargo plane that was shot down Monday was taken down by a SAM from the Russian side of the border. So again, it's a bit soon to say it was Ukranian separatists, if it was even shot down.

I'm sure those pesky Ukrainian separatists just happened to sneak over to Russia, shoot down the plane, and then sneak back in to Ukraine.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Guys, its......gently caress this one is right there burning isnt it?

Oh dear.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
They got to get money back gaurantee on those faulty 777s.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

whatever7 posted:

They got to get money back gaurantee on those faulty 777s.

Or install countermeasures in their planes. At least chaff and flares.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I look forward to the fair and balanced coverage from RT.com

And I look forward to another month of CNN talking about every conceivable thing about it

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
First one disappears on 7- March number 370
Now 7-17 flight 17
Are the Separatist Muslim?

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN
well gently caress guys we're 1 for 2 on the downed MH planes this year. Chinatown, thoughts?

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
This is loving horrible and terrifying. Those poor people, Jesus.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

And the Russian separatists stole the black box.

Slapdash
Mar 30, 2010

7thBatallion posted:

Or install countermeasures in their planes. At least chaff and flares.

That's assuming the pilots know about the missile launch in time to do something about it.

*E: nevermind. you were making a joke.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Slapdash posted:

That's assuming the pilots know about the missile launch in time to do something about it.

Then we need to equip them with military grade radar.

McDeth
Jan 12, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Pretty sure it was a BUK Missile System on loan from Russia that brought it down

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

McDeth posted:

Pretty sure it was a BUK Missile System on loan from Russia that brought it down

what happens when you lend a ragtag group of untrained people professional military gear? this.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

mstrkrft posted:

what happens when you lend a ragtag group of untrained people professional military gear? this.

Randandal
Feb 26, 2009

what the gently caress

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Those sneaky loving Russians.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

They're getting the buk out of town.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiI9s-zWLs4

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

I pretty much approve the destruction of Russia

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BOAT SHOWBOAT posted:

Reminder their animal of a govt. minister said "is finding out who shot down this plane, going to make you feel better?"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

well that totally excuses this shootdown, then

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

well that totally excuses this shootdown, then

What on earth are you blathering about?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

davecrazy posted:

What on earth are you blathering about?

isn't that the USN ship that shot down the Iranian passenger jet?

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

Can't wait 'til the 2018 World Cup!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Nonsense posted:

yes it is in fact the Vincennes

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.
Last flight diverted for use in this false flag operation for causus belli of a UN invasion of the sovereign nation of Russia.

No Dutch flight exists.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Nonsense posted:

Yup

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

lol

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

Nonsense posted:

I pretty much approve the destruction of Russia

of course you do you armchair general. I propose we go to war with Russia and reinstate the draft, you're going first line infantry.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
It would've been kind of funny if MH370 was the plane that was shot down today #xfiles #webelieve #makesuthink #kylecaused9/11

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
also, this was the plot for season 9 of 24. who got the override device?

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

mstrkrft posted:

of course you do you armchair general. I propose we go to war with Russia and reinstate the draft, you're going first line infantry.

Like a goon wouldn't be 4-F

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Translation:
"If it disappears, this is what it looks like."

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Slapdash posted:

jokes?! in this thread?!

suztan
Jul 4, 2012

gnarlyhotep posted:

jokes?! in this thread?!

hosed up if true

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

suztan posted:

hosed up if true

exactly, a 777 airliner that may possibly have crashed and killed lots of people is no joking matter

I'm still waiting for the official report, as are we all

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

zen death robot posted:

The Pentagon just said that the cargo plane that was shot down Monday was taken down by a SAM from the Russian side of the border. So again, it's a bit soon to say it was Ukranian separatists, if it was even shot down.

the separatists have had covert, non-uniformed Russian soldiers leading them and fighting with them since literally day 1

so when you see separatists in a news report, just assume it means Russian soldiers

also they've captured plenty of military hardware from Ukraine since the start of the conflict, and Ukraine is an operator of the Buk family of missiles (SA-11 etc), and also S-200 and S-300 surface to air missile launchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

VikingSkull posted:

the separatists have had covert, non-uniformed Russian soldiers leading them and fighting with them since literally day 1

so when you see separatists in a news report, just assume it means Russian soldiers

also they've captured plenty of military hardware from Ukraine since the start of the conflict, and Ukraine is an operator of the Buk family of missiles (SA-11 etc), and also S-200 and S-300 surface to air missile launchers

Why would professional russian soldiers want to shoot down a passenger plane? How would that help russian interests at all? It doesn't help separatists' interests either, but but professionals should know better than random surly rebels.

• Locked thread