Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vulich the Subtle
Nov 25, 2012

Paul is unimpressed by the glories of the Host.

D&D is a honeypot used to ruin good Games posters who have bad opinions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007

Australia.jpg

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
I assume they're already calling it Krizzo's or something similar.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy

XyloJW posted:

Australia.jpg

The closest Krispy Kreme to my home town is as of writing exactly 1,337 miles. :negative:

They're opening several over the course of the next three years though, probably as part of the same initiative that is turning the north end into a box store/strip mall hellscape, so I may yet get the chance to heckle and mock at a Krispy Kreme grand opening!

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

XyloJW posted:

Australia.jpg
Further proof that South Australia is a decade behind. I remember people talking about when the first one opened in Sydney ages ago, but given they're stunningly mediocre donuts I don't get why it was a thing.

XyloJW
Jul 23, 2007
I wonder if the second floor of the Krispy Kreme has a visible layer of aerosolized grease in the air.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
Krispy Kremes are only good when the spring school fundraiser comes around and you get a leftover box from what wasn't sold.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

SedanChair posted:

That's Jackhammer Jesus. (Or the Baby Jesus buttplug.)

http://divine-interventions.com/religioustoys.php

But,

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014
It was a big deal when they opened a Krispy Kreme in my town. Either that or it was another chic-fil-a, I can't remember anymore. Might have been both.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro
Bangkok.jpg by the way:

The grand opening of the first Krispy Kreme a few years ago. That's the line outside the giant luxury mall. The mob inside was about half as big again. Anytime an international food brand opens here people go nuts.

My favorite part about it was that all the way across town at Bang Sue MRT (Subway) station, some lady was selling box after box of that poo poo that she'd been going to buy every morning downtown. I should've told her about EVE online. She'd love it.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Tokyo

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

XyloJW posted:

Australia.jpg

That's not fair man. It's South Australia.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
Speaking of donuts I wish we had more Dunkin' around here. They're way better than Krispy Kreme.

ReindeerF
Apr 20, 2002

Rubber Dinghy Rapids Bro

IronicBeetCriminal posted:

That's not fair man. It's South Australia.
You think they dip them in their wine down there or just grill them?

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

Speaking of donuts I wish we had more Dunkin' around here. They're way better than Krispy Kreme.

Their coffee's certainly better than Starbucks these days.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
If Krispy Kreme has that effect, I shudder to think what kind of havoc a Cookout opening would wreak.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

XyloJW posted:

Australia.jpg

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Krispy Kreme tried to gain a foothold in Canada but was repelled by the indomitable Timbit. :canada:

I think they have a few stores but everyone fuckin loves Tim Horton's

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Dreylad posted:

Krispy Kreme tried to gain a foothold in Canada but was repelled by the indomitable Timbit. :canada:

Americans love it too.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yesterday was the 112th birthday of the world's oldest cured ham.

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

Joementum posted:

So you're saying it's a slow news day.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Dreylad posted:

One of the few things I loved about going to college in NW PA is that I discovered Tim Horton's.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I've been a fan of dutch bros coffee lately. Stuff is mighty delicious.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
A Malaysian airlines flight has crashed in eastern Ukraine. So all of the news stories I hated in march are finally intersecting

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
A Krispy Kreme opened up in New Castle, DE on the first of this month.

A group was there picketing the chain's use of palm oil, cultivation of which sometimes involves some pretty bad deforestation.

Cercadelmar
Jan 4, 2014

Jagchosis posted:

A Malaysian airlines flight has crashed in eastern Ukraine. So all of the news stories I hated in march are finally intersecting

Maybe Benghazi?

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Joementum posted:

I thought Alex Jones was barely 40?

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Is it any coincidence that the same national airline has crashed one passenger craft in a war zone and another into the ocean over the course of a few months?

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Peta posted:

Is it any coincidence that the same national airline has crashed one passenger craft in a war zone and another into the ocean over the course of a few months?

I'm sure cured hamAlex Jones will be on the case in a jiffy!

I'm speculating that in both cases this has to do with poor aircraft maintenance.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
It might have been a tiny black hole. I mean, I know that sounds crazy, but is it crazy?

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm speculating that in both cases this has to do with poor aircraft maintenance.

Nope, Putin's not-Putin army was trying to shoot down 300 some Ukrainians and accidentally shot down 300 some non-Ukrainians instead so it's cool.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm sure cured hamAlex Jones will be on the case in a jiffy!

The initial InfoWars write-up is pretty tame, which just a hint of FALSE FLAG(!!!) at the end.

But the comments.... oh, the sweet, sweet comments.

quote:

dufusamarkanish • 2 minutes ago

Who knows what the planes actual mission was, and the real payload. Plus what was that plane doing in a NO fly zone...a known war zone.......something is not adding up.

catsarecool • 4 minutes ago

Either NATO did this as an excuse to go in, or this was intended as a "9/11" type of operation against Moscow and the Russkies were not putting up with it..

parrots_abound • 8 minutes ago

Strange numbers here:

1) Boeing 777
2) Flight number MH-17
3) Crashed on the 17th day, of the 7th month, in 20(14) 2 times SEVEN
4) Passengers dead 295. 2+9+5 = 16 = Seven

It was also from Malaysia moths after a Malaysian flight went missing.

Sorry, that's just weird.

truth • 10 minutes ago

Israel was in possession of an airliner exactly like the Malaysian 370 disappearing plane at the time of that incident. Why would they have a plane which had "Malaysian markings on it at all? This reeks of a False Flag.
Also, who in their right mind would be flying a passenger jet over a known "war zone". BTW the BRICS countries are quickly moving forward to circumvent the "Rothschild Central bank scheme. Cuba is on board to be the next member. This poses a direct threat to Jewish Hegemony in the world of finance- INTEREST FREE MONEY!

And so on.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sorry commenter you were one seven short of hitting the lucky seven jackpot for 7,777,777,777.77. Instead you win this roll of tin foil.

Tercio
Jan 30, 2003

Joementum posted:

dufusamarkanish • 2 minutes ago

Who knows what the planes actual mission was, and the real payload. Plus what was that plane doing in a NO fly zone...a known war zone.......something is not adding up.

something's not adding up alright

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Dreylad posted:

They have them in NYC now but if there's one thing I have actual fond memories of from living in New England as a kid it's Dunkin and my inner five-year-old will not be swayed from his arbitrary brand loyalty.

If there's two things then the second is Italian Ice.

Antwan3K
Mar 8, 2013
It's like the people in Belgium that were getting hyped when they announced a Burger King was going to open.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Joementum posted:

And so on.

I like the last guy who considers El Al flying the 777-200 as some kind of dire, sinister revelation. Rather than, you know, several hundred "exact copies" of the MH370 jetliner in service all over the world.

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

Antwan3K posted:

It's like the people in Belgium that were getting hyped when they announced a Burger King was going to open.
or starbucks

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Antwan3K posted:

See, this even seems worse to me because at least you could argue that Krispy Kreme is a novelty for Oceania or SE Asia, but what can BK possibly offer Belgium? They already do fries with mayo. It's their thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Chantilly Say posted:

See, this even seems worse to me because at least you could argue that Krispy Kreme is a novelty for Oceania or SE Asia, but what can BK possibly offer Belgium? They already do fries with mayo. It's their thing.

Great, now I want fries with mayo. What have you done?

• Locked thread