Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thumbtacks posted:

I highly doubt this, but are there any mods that change khajit into bears?

I just want to stuff a bear into a suit of armor and make him run around decapitating people.

I doubt it, but now I want every game to be like that. New Vegas? Bear decked out in chains, trash can lids and a tiny football helmet, of course wielding the Bear Trap Fist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

SplitSoul posted:

I doubt it, but now I want every game to be like that. New Vegas? Bear decked out in chains, trash can lids and a tiny football helmet, of course wielding the Bear Trap Fist.

Skyrim has the advantage of having bears already in the game, I suppose.

I know zero things about mods but I assume having an existing model would make replacing one race with another one much easier.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thumbtacks posted:

Skyrim has the advantage of having bears already in the game, I suppose.

Yao guai, dude.

Edit: Also this: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/49707/

SplitSoul fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jul 16, 2014

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I mean I can try to just make it myself, I guess. I'll either get this to work or I'll totally give up in like fifteen minutes. We'll see.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008
Well, there's the Dovahbear Companion mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30638/

He can't wear full armor, but he does get a helmet.

There's also Oslo, the polar bear: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8323/

I think there are also mods that let you turn werewolves into werebears, but I don't know the exact names. I don't think there's anything that makes bears a playable race that can use weapons and stuff, though.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Praetorian Mage posted:

Well, there's the Dovahbear Companion mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/30638/

He can't wear full armor, but he does get a helmet.

There's also Oslo, the polar bear: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/8323/

I think there are also mods that let you turn werewolves into werebears, but I don't know the exact names. I don't think there's anything that makes bears a playable race that can use weapons and stuff, though.

You didn't link the Bear Musician. This crime shall never be forgiven. :colbert:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=92471077

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in the thread, but how do people feel about Morrowloot? It sounds awesome but also seems like the kind of thing that could be really annoying if done poorly, with all loot dictated by the whims of some random modder. Would it be fine for a first playthrough of dawnguard/dragonborn?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Tender Bender posted:

I'm sure this has been addressed somewhere in the thread, but how do people feel about Morrowloot? It sounds awesome but also seems like the kind of thing that could be really annoying if done poorly, with all loot dictated by the whims of some random modder. Would it be fine for a first playthrough of dawnguard/dragonborn?

Morrowloot is actually pretty well done. Of course, there's idiots on the Nexus crying out for all the high tier poo poo to be craftable because ~*lore reasons*~ .

Overall, it's a good mod, but if you want crafting available, there's also the 4E edition that includes crafting under specific circumstances.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Morrowloot 4E also has patches for Heavy Armory and Lore Weapons Expansion, which is sweet.

Also want to take the time to point out some sweet mods I've been trying, mainly the location enhancing ones in "A real explorers guide to skyrim", mainly the sewers it adds. On that page, there are a few merged/cleaned/bugfixed ESP files for the city overhaul mods, which is nice.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jul 16, 2014

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyshall posted:

Morrowloot 4E also has patches for Heavy Armory and Lore Weapons Expansion, which is sweet.

Also want to take the time to point out some sweet mods I've been trying, mainly the location enhancing ones in "A real explorers guide to skyrim", mainly the sewers it adds. On that page, there are a few merged/cleaned/bugfixed ESP files for the city overhaul mods, which is nice.

Yeah I'm using quite a few off that list, although I didn't use that page to get to them since I mostly accumulated them gradually looking for immersion fixes/improvements. I like mods that just add more "stuff" like people and buildings and random junk so the world looks more lived-in.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

My one complaint about Morrowloot is that it's incredibly easy to find the Daedric armor and know exactly how to get it as soon as you see it, and turns it into kind of a Chekhov's Gun thing. But that's a pretty whiny complaint, other than that I love it, and it really adds to the feeling of accomplishment to have EARNED that rare piece of armor that doesn't end up on every bandit in the game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I actually don't bother much for Daedric stuff but instead use Morrowloot to find the artifacts.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.

Ms. Chanandler Bong posted:

I'm getting a constant double mouse cursor which I just can't get rid of. I used to get this bug, but alt-tabbing would usually get rid of it. Now I always have the windows mouse cursor there, which means it's pretty much unplayable....any ideas? I've tried most of the standard things recommended.
Sounds weird but do you use Raptr? I had to turn off its in-game overlay or close it completely to get my game to stop this.

Al Baron fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 16, 2014

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Scyantific posted:

I actually don't bother much for Daedric stuff but instead use Morrowloot to find the artifacts.

This. Always Be Lootin' Artifacts

e: Seriously, hand placed loot owns.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.

Crappy Jack posted:

My one complaint about Morrowloot is that it's incredibly easy to find the Daedric armor and know exactly how to get it as soon as you see it, and turns it into kind of a Chekhov's Gun thing. But that's a pretty whiny complaint, other than that I love it, and it really adds to the feeling of accomplishment to have EARNED that rare piece of armor that doesn't end up on every bandit in the game.

That may in fact be by design. Since in Morrowind it was really really easy to get ridiculously overpowered poo poo at level fuckall that honestly, in my opinion, the game had no business having a loot system in the first place

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Gyshall posted:

This. Always Be Lootin' Artifacts

e: Seriously, hand placed loot owns.

In the 200+ hours I've put into Skyrim WITH Morrowloot installed I don't think I've found all the artifacts trainwiz hand-placed throughout the world. Come to think of it, I've never found complete sets of Ebony or Daedric armor either.

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

LtSmash posted:

Do you have both a bashed patch and a tesedit merged patch? If so did you remove the leveled lists from the merged patch? Also make sure you have the right bash tags on Morrowloot, it should have delev and probably relev. Its also possible that another mod added weapons to the lists as well and bash is including them. Try opening your whole load order in tesedit and looking at the leveled lists in morrowloot and see what other mods modify the same ones.

No merged patch as I don't use too terribly many mods and didn't know that was really A Thing until you got close to the limit, but I'll try the bash tags, as well as trying to learn TESEdit, and report back in.

I think the main culprit is probably OBIS because it completely changes bandits, so I'll start there.

MadJackMcJack
Jun 10, 2009
Since there seems to be two load order optimisers out there now (BOSS and LOOT), does anyone know which is better?

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

MadJackMcJack posted:

Since there seems to be two load order optimisers out there now (BOSS and LOOT), does anyone know which is better?

LOOT is the newer version of BOSS.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Heavy Lobster posted:

No merged patch as I don't use too terribly many mods and didn't know that was really A Thing until you got close to the limit, but I'll try the bash tags, as well as trying to learn TESEdit, and report back in.

I think the main culprit is probably OBIS because it completely changes bandits, so I'll start there.

Ahh yeah OBIS bandits probably don't use the vanilla leveled lists so they probably get fancy junk even if everything is working.

There are two kinds of things people call merged patches. One is the menu option that is like a bashed patch but works for stuff besides leveled lists. The other is mashing together the contents of different plugins so you can have more than 254 mods at the same time and is a bad idea.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Came upon a full scale battle last night doing my College quests. I'm assuming it's due to the patrols mod I installed. It started with lightning in the distance. A fire bolt flow by into the side of a hill. As I approached through a valley, deer fled past me to escape the carnage. Soon they were followed by a crippled imperial soldier, begging for mercy. He was cut down by a stormcloak axe from behind. As I crested the small rise, I saw chaos. Fire bolts, sparks and frost spells accompanied the clash of iron and steel. An Imperial patrol was being routed, Twice the size of what I'd become accustomed to. 10 men, fighting to the death. The stormcloaks were even more impressive. Led by a bear of a man with a nordic double axe, there were at least 15 of them still standing by the end of it.

The band of stormcloaks charged into the keep I was going to attack, slaughtering the few mages guarding the outside and demanding to know just who the hell I was, and what I wanted. Repeatedly. The fort it would seem (the outside at least), was theirs for the time being.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Public Service Announcement: Anum-La is probably the best Interesting NPC.

ASIS question. How do the phrases for NPCMaxSpawnSettings work? I basically want to limit hostile wildlife spawns to no more than 2 extra per spawn point. I assume I can use "wolf=2", "bear=2", "sabre=2", and "frostbite=2". Will these work? These are the four animals I'd prefer to see less of.

Also, is there any way to stop ASIS and Dual Sheath Redux from running BOSS when patching? I'm using LOOT, so it messes up my load order.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 16, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alasyre posted:

ASIS question. How do the phrases for NPCMaxSpawnSettings work? I basically want to limit hostile wildlife spawns to no more than 2 extra per spawn point. I assume I can use "wolf=2", "bear=2", "sabre=2", and "frostbite=2". Will these work? These are the four animals I'd prefer to see less of.

Also, is there any way to stop ASIS and Dual Sheath Redux from running BOSS when patching? I'm using LOOT, so it messes up my load order.

If you're using loot uninstall boss, just hit cancel on the file dialog where it asks you to run boss. Also, upgrade ASIS, that part should be gone in the new version.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Talmonis posted:

Came upon a full scale battle last night doing my College quests. I'm assuming it's due to the patrols mod I installed. It started with lightning in the distance. A fire bolt flow by into the side of a hill. As I approached through a valley, deer fled past me to escape the carnage. Soon they were followed by a crippled imperial soldier, begging for mercy. He was cut down by a stormcloak axe from behind. As I crested the small rise, I saw chaos. Fire bolts, sparks and frost spells accompanied the clash of iron and steel. An Imperial patrol was being routed, Twice the size of what I'd become accustomed to. 10 men, fighting to the death. The stormcloaks were even more impressive. Led by a bear of a man with a nordic double axe, there were at least 15 of them still standing by the end of it.

The band of stormcloaks charged into the keep I was going to attack, slaughtering the few mages guarding the outside and demanding to know just who the hell I was, and what I wanted. Repeatedly. The fort it would seem (the outside at least), was theirs for the time being.

Yuuuup. I tend to find major skirmishes in progress whenever I take the mountain pass route from Riverwood to Ivarstadt. Another good place to check is the Weynon Stones, where I keep finding Thalmor/Stormcloak fights, with occasional Imperial participation.

Wait until you're wandering down the road, and... uhm. Mighty nice giant you recruited, Ulfric. :catstare:

Heavy Lobster
Oct 24, 2010

:gowron::m10:

LtSmash posted:

Ahh yeah OBIS bandits probably don't use the vanilla leveled lists so they probably get fancy junk even if everything is working.

I figured as much, but I'm willing to deal with that for the time being. That being said, I think Immersive Armors might also screw with the lists since now Dwemer stuff is showing up in stores as well, and I saw a one-off enchanted glass helm too. Great. :v: Should I mess with the IA tags at all to get things right? I don't know what the different between Delev and Relev are, nor do I really have any idea what they do in the first place, so I don't wanna mess around with that, but I don't know how to keep IA stuff on enemy loot tables while keeping it out of the stores so that it doesn't drag in other stuff in its tier.

Also, after my last file size scare I've been checking compulsively after every session - 8.3MB is about right for a 16-hours-played character, right?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Agents are GO! posted:

If you're using loot uninstall boss, just hit cancel on the file dialog where it asks you to run boss. Also, upgrade ASIS, that part should be gone in the new version.

Thanks!

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Alasyre posted:

NPCMaxSpawnSettings mean anything with an EditorId that contains the left side will get at most the right side number of spawns. So that would reduce anything with wolf, bear, sabre, or frostbite in its editor ID to at most 2 extra spawns per starting npc. Which might be more than you want since that means a vanilla group of 3 could turn out to be 9 after ASIS.

There is also NPCReducedSpawnSettings which makes anything that contains the left to have all its non-zero spawn chances divided by the right side value. So if you had spawn weights of 100 for none, 100 for 1, and 50 for 2 and NPCReducedSpawnSettings boss=5 you would end up with bosses having 100/130 chance of no extra spawns, 20/130 chance for 1 extra spawn, and 10/100 chance of 2 extra spawns.

As for BOSS any skyproc patcher can be given the -NOBOSS command line argument to skip BOSS, or as agents said uninstall BOSS. My next skyproc library update is also disabling it by default so anyone who updates their patcher will have it changed (please tell authors to update patchers from time to time. Especially if you use SkyRe's reproccer that thing is old as poo poo).

Heavy Lobster posted:

I figured as much, but I'm willing to deal with that for the time being. That being said, I think Immersive Armors might also screw with the lists since now Dwemer stuff is showing up in stores as well, and I saw a one-off enchanted glass helm too. Great. :v: Should I mess with the IA tags at all to get things right? I don't know what the different between Delev and Relev are, nor do I really have any idea what they do in the first place, so I don't wanna mess around with that, but I don't know how to keep IA stuff on enemy loot tables while keeping it out of the stores so that it doesn't drag in other stuff in its tier.

Also, after my last file size scare I've been checking compulsively after every session - 8.3MB is about right for a 16-hours-played character, right?

IA7 uses scripts to distribute items so check its MCM to see if what the options are.

DeLev means the plugin removes entrys from its masters' leveled lists and that is an intentional change that should be included in the Bashed Patch. ReLev means it intentionally adjusts the levels of existing entries in its masters' leveled lists. This means if a mod comes later than it that simply adds additional options to the same list WB knows that those vanilla items should be modified to match the tagged mods. BOSS (and probably LOOT?) generally add the correct tags.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

If you are bored and have a lot of time to kill, the Skywind Development Team is looking for people to go through all of the voice acting files and filter out the good from the bad.

300-400 hours of voice acting to filter through. Oh, and they're looking for anyone who can imitate Dunmer voices as well.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Where is the Asis ini file located? It's not in my MO overwrite folder with the rest of the ASIS stuff. Getting sick of all these dumb skyrim staves popups, wish I had never even installed the mod.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Mustang posted:

Where is the Asis ini file located? It's not in my MO overwrite folder with the rest of the ASIS stuff. Getting sick of all these dumb skyrim staves popups, wish I had never even installed the mod.

Should be in the ASIS install since it comes with them and the patcher doesn't modify them so they don't get moved by MO. Unless you added Agent's inis as another mod then its that one.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Thanks, found it. It had been a while since I had last messed with any of my mods.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

LtSmash posted:

NPCMaxSpawnSettings mean anything with an EditorId that contains the left side will get at most the right side number of spawns. So that would reduce anything with wolf, bear, sabre, or frostbite in its editor ID to at most 2 extra spawns per starting npc. Which might be more than you want since that means a vanilla group of 3 could turn out to be 9 after ASIS.

There is also NPCReducedSpawnSettings which makes anything that contains the left to have all its non-zero spawn chances divided by the right side value. So if you had spawn weights of 100 for none, 100 for 1, and 50 for 2 and NPCReducedSpawnSettings boss=5 you would end up with bosses having 100/130 chance of no extra spawns, 20/130 chance for 1 extra spawn, and 10/100 chance of 2 extra spawns.

As for BOSS any skyproc patcher can be given the -NOBOSS command line argument to skip BOSS, or as agents said uninstall BOSS. My next skyproc library update is also disabling it by default so anyone who updates their patcher will have it changed (please tell authors to update patchers from time to time. Especially if you use SkyRe's reproccer that thing is old as poo poo).

As it stands I already face about a dozen hostile animals every 100 yards or so. Maybe I'll set them to 1 instead.

So setting NPCMaxSpawnSettings to contain "dragon=1" will ensure that each dragon spawn point can spawn no more than 1 extra dragon, right? My plan for that is to set Deadly Dragon's assault spawner to 3 dragons, which would mean between 3 and 6 dragons per assault, correct? Despite that some of my coolest Skyrim memories were facing down anywhere between 3 and 27 dragons, it gets a bit daunting and I'd rather keep the number low while keeping the chance for some epic dragon assaults.

I apologize if all this is documented somewhere; the ASIS readme on dropbox seems a bit out of date and doesn't contain some of the new settings. I know it was put together by the original author and you probably haven't gotten around to putting another one together since you're maintaining one of the best mods for Skyrim.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Agents are GO!, do your INI files affect Ancestral Ghosts at all? Lately whenever someone summons one I end up with a ton of them running around.

Alasyre fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jul 16, 2014

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Alasyre posted:

As it stands I already face about a dozen hostile animals every 100 yards or so. Maybe I'll set them to 1 instead.

So setting NPCMaxSpawnSettings to contain "dragon=1" will ensure that each dragon spawn point can spawn no more than 1 extra dragon, right? My plan for that is to set Deadly Dragon's assault spawner to 3 dragons, which would mean between 3 and 6 dragons per assault, correct? Despite that some of my coolest Skyrim memories were facing down anywhere between 3 and 27 dragons, it gets a bit daunting and I'd rather keep the number low while keeping the chance for some epic dragon assaults.

I apologize if all this is documented somewhere; the ASIS readme on dropbox seems a bit out of date and doesn't contain some of the new settings. I know it was put together by the original author and you probably haven't gotten around to putting another one together since you're maintaining one of the best mods for Skyrim.

Thanks for the help!

Edit: Agents are GO!, do your INI files affect Ancestral Ghosts at all? Lately whenever someone summons one I end up with a ton of them running around.

They shouldn't.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
Are there any good perk reset mods that work with custom perks? I'm using Syynx's Perky and it's a bit annoying that at the end of Dragonborn it only resets vanilla perks in exchange for a dragon soul, leaving any of the stuff added in the mod intact. I know I can go through and remove them one by one with the console but I'm hoping theres something a bit better out there. Even looking through the nexus I've not really seen much.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Tracula posted:

Are there any good perk reset mods that work with custom perks? I'm using Syynx's Perky and it's a bit annoying that at the end of Dragonborn it only resets vanilla perks in exchange for a dragon soul, leaving any of the stuff added in the mod intact. I know I can go through and remove them one by one with the console but I'm hoping theres something a bit better out there. Even looking through the nexus I've not really seen much.

Probably not, it's really the prerogative of the perk mod creator.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Tracula posted:

Are there any good perk reset mods that work with custom perks? I'm using and Syynx's Perky it's a bit annoying that at the end of Dragonborn it only resets vanilla perks in exchange for a dragon soul, leaving any of the stuff added in the mod intact.
Looking at the script that handles Dragonborn's perk-reset, it should be pretty simple to make that mod compatible with it. If you're willing to spend a few moments with TES5Edit.
The script checks a formlist to see which perks it should remove. Add Syynx' new perks to the apropriate formlist and it should work. There's one formlist for each skill:
code:
DLC2PerksAlchemy (xx01FE87)
DLC2PerksAlteration (xx01FEA8)
DLC2PerksArchery (xx01FEAF)
DLC2PerksBlock (xx01FEAC)
DLC2PerksConjuration (xx01FE95)
DLC2PerksDestruction (xx01FEA6)
DLC2PerksEnchanting (xx01FEA9)
DLC2PerksHeavyArmor (xx01FEAB)
DLC2PerksIllusion (xx01FE94)
DLC2PerksLightArmor (xx01FEB0)
DLC2PerksLockpicking (xx01FEB2)
DLC2PerksOneHanded (xx01FEAE)
DLC2PerksPickpocket (xx01FEB3)
DLC2PerksRestoration (xx01FEA7)
DLC2PerksSmithing (xx01FEAA)
DLC2PerksSneak (xx01FEB1)
DLC2PerksSpeech (xx01FEB4)
DLC2PerksTwoHanded (xx01FEAD)

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Dwemertech, a quest based remake of Dwemerverse, has been released.

Hell yes!

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I loving love EnaiSiaion.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Agents are GO! posted:

Dwemertech, a quest based remake of Dwemerverse, has been released.

Hell yes!

Oh awesome, I just hit my 40's in Alteration and Destruction. If I can get this going I'll be a happy camper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Is there a way to make sure that Morrowloot is working? I can't really tell what hand-placed loot is in because of the mod and what was in the vanilla game. I think I might have installed Morrowloot after I started a new game, if that could be the problem.

• Locked thread