Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE

beep by grandpa posted:

Have they every done a non-local coop game before? No local coop for PW could be an issue for them if they haven't done it before (but drat I hope they try).

Also, PW is very, very grindy which could work against their style...

They did that Anarchy Reigns video where each of them were on a separate console since that game doesn't have local multiplayer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Somehow I have a feeling that Pat won't be getting an account. :v:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

I wish the whole NARC video had just been the NES version, game was so awesome. Glad to see it shown at least for a bit though.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The real reason the crime time videos are spaced so far apart is because the intro is too hype, isn't it?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

gently caress trophy 2k14 posted:

The real reason the crime time videos are spaced so far apart is because the intro is too hype, isn't it?

I thought it was so Woolie could be nursed back to health.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Also narc looks like the greatest game of all time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

What I'm getting from this video is that Zach is the co-owner of Super Best Friends.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Rhonne posted:

What I'm getting from this video is that Zach is the co-owner of Super Best Friends.

Well yea, what, you think they let PAT hold the money?!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Well yea, what, you think they let PAT hold the money?!

What else is he supposed to do with all those big rubber fists?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Haha holy poo poo Plague needs a raise

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.
Hope you guys enjoyed all the videos today! The website was alot of work over the last few months, but there's still kinks to be ironed out. If you see anything wrong, or want to make suggestions, just let me know! I'll see what I can do.

Right now, we are still working on:

Making it so people can opt for email updates when the site has a new video.

Having playlists with some sort of autoplay button (might take some time)

And some other stuff!

Stuff I cannot help with:

"Are you working on an App? I want an App!"

Right now, no. The site is optimized to display on phones really well through your mobile internet browser, I'm not sure why you need more than that. You dang kids and your tablets.

"The video player does not work, or there are problems with it! FIX IT!"

This unfortunately, comes down to the user. The video player has been optimized and tested thoroughly, and has been used on many other similar sites. Try another browser?

"I have a weird setup, where I tether my phone from 2006 off of the wifi from my sisters tablet, and I use IE and your site does not work! FIX IT!"

gently caress you.

TheRealestMatt fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 17, 2014

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

TheRealestMatt posted:

"I have a weird setup, where I tether my phone from 2006 off of the wifi from my sisters tablet, and I use IE and your site does not work! FIX IT!"

gently caress you.

Hahaha, how many inquiries like this have you received? Congratulations to all of you for the website too; looks pretty good so far. Making videos and building a fanbase to the point where you don't have to put up with YouTube's fuckery anymore is The Dream to us content creators.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Ruggington posted:

Haha holy poo poo Plague needs a raise

I said god drat.

They only thing i've seen with the site that was off, and this is the smallest losery gripe in the world, is if you hover over the different tabs and then start to go down the list the list disappears unless you jerk the cursor down.

quote:

gently caress you.

Yeah can you fix the site so it works with my Prodigy web setup from 1992? Thanks in advance.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 17, 2014

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Commissar Ken posted:

They only thing i've seen with the site that was off, and this is the smallest losery gripe in the world, is if you hover over the different tabs and then start to go down the list the list disappears unless you jerk the cursor down.

I second this, that menu is a bit janky.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

They probably yucked up a storm while filming these

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Is Woolie busting out Karate moves after spilling tupperware?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TUS posted:

Is Woolie busting out Karate moves after spilling tupperware?

Not like he's gonna back down.

But yea for real Matt the site is great and I can't find any problems on it after killing most of my day yesterday on it watching old poo poo (I forgot how amazing the Man vs Wild playthrough was), good job.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Woolie gives no fucks about Tupperware. Also yeah congrats on the new website.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Pat almost killed himself with that plastic wrap.

Also, Rodyle should probably add the website to the OP.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Depths posted:

That whole section should just have a banner underneath that says "Thanks Obama!" scrolling over and over.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Nah, more like YOU DIED. :v:

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I was sick today and read around 250 first chapters of Jojo. It was pretty great, thanks for hyping this up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Rhonne posted:

Pat almost killed himself with that plastic wrap.

Also, Rodyle should probably add the website to the OP.

I am dumb and you are right.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Depths posted:

These are fantastic, though Pat is my favorite. Man, I hate that plastic wrap so I know how he feels.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

Was Pat trying to completely wrap himself up in clingfilm?

Because if that's his goal he was wasn't too far off.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Y'know what Matt, gently caress you. gently caress you twice. Because now I will never not want a Bryan Cranston rendition of The Mountie. Also you can tell this is better than Superman 64 because you didn't get a mission that was like "Use your heat vision" and then had to go gently caress off and FIND YOUR HEAT VISION ICON HIDDEN IN SATAN'S rear end in a top hat SOMEWHERE AROUND THE MAP. Man Superman 64 is garbage. Good box though.

Also Brave and the Bold has a Superdickery episode where I poo poo you not Superman wears the pope hat and burns Jimmy's gift and sleeps around on Lois. It's pretty great.

Commissar Ken fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 18, 2014

GameSaver
Feb 18, 2013
Truly the only good part of Superman: Man of Steel is that Superman is voiced by everybody's favorite FBI Special Agent, Francis York Morgan.

Was there ever a good Superman game at all? It seems that they just can't capture the right stuff to make one all for as many as they put out there.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

GameSaver posted:

Truly the only good part of Superman: Man of Steel is that Superman is voiced by everybody's favorite FBI Special Agent, Francis York Morgan.

I was going to say you're wrong and the best FBI agent is Dale Cooper, but then I remembered they're the same guy.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GameSaver posted:

Was there ever a good Superman game at all? It seems that they just can't capture the right stuff to make one all for as many as they put out there.

They make the point in the video that you can't really make a good Superman game and I agree. The dude's so strong that any real gameplay limitations feel like bullshit, but doing away with them and turning the world into a giant rescue mission(while truest to the character) is even worse from a gameplay perspective.

The only game I've really seen use him well is Lego Batman 2 where he's Batman's super-cheerful friend(who Batman hates) who turns the game briefly into an episode of Inspector Gadget where he has to build elaborate bridges for Batman because Batman refuses to be helped directly. He puts up with this bullshit because he's Superman.

Enjoying the site a lot so far. My only super-minor complaint is most of the video descriptions are cut off in the thumbnails and this upsets me on a deeply aspergers level. Otherwise I've been digging through the videos and coming back with gold.

Sad Mammal
Feb 5, 2008

You see me laughin
The Death and Return of Superman is perfectly good beat-em-up fare.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Sad Mammal posted:

As far as games predominately starring Superman that I've played, this would be my pick.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Matt, you have good movie taste. So, when's Super Best Friends play Good Burger?
Also how the hell did FRIENDS last for so many years?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ronans bullet wounds look like kenshiros scars.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Sad Mammal posted:

Yeah, its not really a good SUPERMAN game but it's a good game featuring Superman if that makes any sense. Also there was at least one more Superman: The Animated Series game that came out during the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox era that i've seen a friend play. It doesn't look like a great game but it sure as poo poo doesn't look as awful as Man of Steel and Superman 64.

Also Wolverine's Revenge has loving Colossus giving you the fastball special on Juggernaut. Worth the price of admission alone.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

There are a lot more Punisher games out there than I expected.

Hey Matt, I heard Liam mention on the podcast that he was watching Ping Pong The Animation and I was wondering if he checked out the latest episode of Space Dandy since it was also directed by Yuasa.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

Murdered: Soul Suspect seems like a game full of baffling design decisions.

Why is no one questioning why there's the ghost of a crow in the church? What unfinished business could a crow have?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Roach Warehouse posted:

Why is no one questioning why there's the ghost of a crow in the church? What unfinished business could a crow have?
It had yet to regurgitate its lunch into the open mouths of its young.

...crows do that, right?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Roach Warehouse posted:

It's probably looking for its own murder.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

ApeHawk posted:

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

ApeHawk posted:

:vince: