Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
If Fez doesn't like him he's immediately one of my favorite people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I just got douche chills watching that.

talktapes
Apr 14, 2007

You ever hear of the neutron bomb?

A Keg posted:

Rename the show Morning Juice with O&J and hire a woman to read local traffic and weather

This is a great title. Almost as good as "The Morning Jam with Jim and Sam."

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I don't see the AC show catching on.

Paul Kersey
Oct 28, 2004

I thought it was funny.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006

shyduck posted:

I don't see the AC show catching on.
Ironically, I think his show would be more successful in a trainwreck fashion if it failed for a good spell and he totally left planet Earth as his money ran out.

Less Claypool
Apr 16, 2009

More Primus For Fucks Sake.

Yeah, but what about this?
http://youtu.be/6W8UiuGBBdU

Less Claypool fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Jul 18, 2014

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

1500quidporsche posted:

I just got douche chills watching that.
:thejoke:

I suppose it would have helped comprehension if he also did a Chip impression?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

It would have been funnier if half of the video wasn't focused on the HILARIOUS reveal, but, he's not exactly known for his sketch humor so I'll give him some slack here. I still don't see this show being a success beyond it's first few months.

Fair to Midland
Jan 13, 2010

by Cowcaster

Can't wait to download it for free.

NarkyBark
Dec 7, 2003

one funky chicken
Holy poo poo, Pete Rose is hilarious. I had no idea.

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
I'm having trouble finding a clip. It's the bit where O&A listen to Larry King interviewing a rape victim and asking what the rapist did with the food. I've found a couple clips where they talk about it again, but not the original. Lemme know if you can help me out.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

therealjon_ posted:

I liked it.

That is a gorgeous cat too.

It almost looks like an ocelot or something. Great cat. :thumbsup:

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I find it weird it took Anthony like 7 years to get a cat after his ex left with their old one. He is so obsessed now and he used to talk about little "Jack Jack" a lot.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the ant video is funny

Dip Facial
Feb 29, 2004
Unhealthy Harlequin
Norton is on the latest Rogan podcast. Not really any new info, but they talk quite a bit about the Anthony situation.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I am all in on The Anthony Cumia show if Beavis is the co host.

Just Ant sitting there every day ranting and cursing to his cat about the daily topics while it licks itself.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

I'm hoping that Ants show turns out to be good but I not sure about it at all.

Directionless Ant, who has just been fired for a racist thing with no other guests that 18 year old girls and his brother sounds like a disaster. He need a producer or something to steer the ship and provide show prep etc.

A lot of recent decent stuff on O&A was brought to the show by Sam and whoever playing clips of stuff they found. I don't see Ant putting that much effort in himself meaning he'll really need to hire someone.

Plus, how many comedians will risk pissing off Sirius to appear on his fledgling Internet talkshow thing?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

spudsbuckley posted:

Plus, how many comedians will risk pissing off Sirius to appear on his fledgling Internet talkshow thing?

Do you think many comedians are afraid of Sirius getting mad at them? They don't have that kind of pull, do they?

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Well, there might be a risk if a comedian is on the show while ant goes on an anti Sirius rant. I could MAYBE see them blacklisting comedians, but not very likely that anyone will really be paying attention to ants show. The bigger hurdle is getting people to come to Long Island.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I'm willing to bet he runs into more trouble trying to get them out to Long Island than he would from having Sirius conflicts.

Stotty
Apr 5, 2004
I would have thought he would be more likely to struggle attracting guests due to his location. Both in terms of it not being in the city and because he's broadcasting from the basement of his house.

Edit: Apparently I took too long to post that.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

therealjon_ posted:

I'm willing to bet he runs into more trouble trying to get them out to Long Island than he would from having Sirius conflicts.

Yeah, I think Opie & Jim would go bananas if Sirius tried to throw around their weight like that.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

T Bowl posted:

I find it weird it took Anthony like 7 years to get a cat after his ex left with their old one. He is so obsessed now and he used to talk about little "Jack Jack" a lot.

Little known fact about Jack Jack: he was given to Ant by none other than Steve from Bayshore.

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

Call Me Charlie posted:

Yeah, I think Opie & Jim would go bananas if Sirius tried to throw around their weight like that.

But they'd ultimately do nothing about it and just carry on.

I can see comedians having to make the choice between potentially being black balled by Sirius and locked out of a couple of million potential listeners hearing their plugs or going on Ants thing where maybe a few thousand people hear them.

Then again, there's nothing to say that his show will be about having a "guest comedian of the day" on.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

mousetrench posted:

I'm having trouble finding a clip. It's the bit where O&A listen to Larry King interviewing a rape victim and asking what the rapist did with the food. I've found a couple clips where they talk about it again, but not the original. Lemme know if you can help me out.

This is them going over when they first heard it, with Patrice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ATSFPb4nf8

There seems to be the original moment called "Rape makes larry king hungry" or some such but it's really low quality.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Anthony's funny in short bits, like that video. It's his hour-long rants about the issues that are boring.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Hopefully Anthony can maybe do two podcasts. One where he reads dumb poo poo off Niggermania into a void and the other where he just makes silly jokes about youtube clips and doesn't say anything political at all.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Gonzo McFee posted:

Hopefully Anthony can maybe do two podcasts. One where he reads dumb poo poo off Niggermania into a void and the other where he just makes silly jokes about youtube clips and doesn't say anything political at all.

Just because his selected videos might not be on Worldstar, doesn't mean he won't yell worldstar

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

spudsbuckley posted:

a couple of million potential listeners hearing their plugs or going on Ants thing and seeing his plugs

fixed

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

This is nothing new for Opie, but it annoys me so much how he had that (admittedly excellent) line about "still calling it Ron & Fez" at the start of this week, and he's done nothing but unfunnily repeat it all week to a tepid response.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Ant's video was pretty slick looking but I still have no interest in his vision of NRA shock jockery, much less paying for it. I hope it's more than that

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

I assume that the now-"uncensored" stuff that would irritate management is exactly his racist, over the top right-wing, hyper-pro-gun selectively informed bullshit that I specifically don't want to hear. I'd be about as interested in listening to Ann Coulter as Anthony Cumia when it comes to most of that.

I enjoyed Soder and Florentine on the new show, even if it seemed a little forced sometimes.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

The more I think about it, the more I think this show is going to flame out quickly. Really though, what is he going to do for guests? He can't just riff the entire time, and forget it if we're left with Brother Joe or Fred from Brooklyn and the other ball washing hangers-on.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

shyduck posted:

The more I think about it, the more I think this show is going to flame out quickly. Really though, what is he going to do for guests? He can't just riff the entire time, and forget it if we're left with Brother Joe or Fred from Brooklyn and the other ball washing hangers-on.

He is going to fill time I bet by using more visual aids like videos where he picture-in-pictures himself with it and slowly comments and lets the video do most of the work. That's the way to do it when you have video and it's a one man show.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
"Hey guys, I'm Anthony Cumia and today we're gonna play Amnesia the Dark Descent."

*holds ocelot up in front of face cam feed.*

"I hope our little furry friend doesn't get spoooooked out! Later in the show we'll be bringing on special guest Deceased Crab and then, uhhhh, we'll do call-ins."

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

BottledBodhisvata posted:

special guest Deceased Crab
drat, now that's dated.

Probably also part of the joke. :shrug:

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
I could really only see Colin making the trip out to Long Island to do a show for free and that's only because he's a freak for that trashy Long Island poo poo.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

His studio equipment is likely more modern than what they are using at Sirius from the looks of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Niwrad posted:

His studio equipment is likely more modern than what they are using at Sirius from the looks of it.

It's probably much newer but I guarantee it's mostly consumer grade vs the real stuff that Sirius likely has. But I guess for what he's doing (talk) it doesn't matter too much.

• Locked thread