Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Wii U is a disaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Mu Zeta posted:

Wii U is a disaster

You mean that new controller for the Wii?

e: vvvvvv settle down, Beavis.

IRQ fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jul 17, 2014

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

IRQ posted:

Are you saying Y2K happened?

:confused:

are we still in the 1900s you stupid piece of poo poo

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The ball drops on December 31, 1999, and then everyone finds themselves waking up on the floor where they were just partying and its January 1, 2001. Boom, that's a TV show right there.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lycus posted:

The ball drops on December 31, 1999, and then everyone finds themselves waking up on the floor where they were just partying and its January 1, 2001. Boom, that's a TV show right there.
It happens to exactly 2,000 people across the world, and you call the show Why?2K. The opening theme is Willenium.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bown posted:

He's right, in a way. And Mario Kart 8 is the game of the year so far.

Yeah but that year is 1997.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah but that year is 1997.

Actually, it's every year between 1997 and 2014, except for the year that Pikmin 2 came out, because that poo poo owns. Nintendowns.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

scary ghost dog posted:

are we still in the 1900s you stupid piece of poo poo

The real disaster is that Chris Jericho kept that goddamned "Y2J" gimmick going for so long.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yoshifan823 posted:

Actually, it's every year between 1997 and 2014, except for the year that Pikmin 2 came out, because that poo poo owns. Nintendowns.

Crash Team Racing is better than Mario Kart and always has been.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Lycus posted:

FactsAreUseless posted:

It happens to exactly 2,000 people across the world, and you call the show Why?2K. The opening theme is Willenium.

Protagonist walks out the door, "Who's the President?" Random passerby: "we still don't know."

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Maxwell Lord posted:

Protagonist walks out the door, "Who's the President?" Random passerby: "we still don't know."
A county where time doesn't pass. A county where nobody knows who the President is. A county forever trapped in a world... that never was. Coming in 2017: DADE.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

MrAristocrates posted:

Crash Team Racing is better than Mario Kart and always has been.

True facts right here. Did they ever make another one after Crash Nitro Kart? Because that one was not quite as good if I recall.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

raditts posted:

True facts right here. Did they ever make another one after Crash Nitro Kart? Because that one was not quite as good if I recall.

The whole series suffered as soon as Naughty Dog left.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.
Oh snap, why wasn't I told that Rush was from the same guy who did 50/50 and Warm Bodies? Watching the hell out of that repeat.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001
What the hell thread did I wander into?

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

OldSenileGuy posted:

What the hell thread did I wander into?

Submitted for your approval: OldSenileGuy, a moderator of an area of the Something Awful Forums known as "The TV IV." Though often derided for its peculiar fixations, it's one of the better, more civil places to talk about television within the lawless internet. Senile's job is easy enough that he can stay in the background and advise his two proteges as they do most of the heavy lifting. Indeed, he only stops to chat once or twice a month. This month, however, he will not be chatting with TV IV. This month, he'll be chatting in...The Nintendo Zone.

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

DivisionPost posted:

it's one of the better, more civil places to talk about television within the lawless internet
ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Except he's 100% right.

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

E PLURIBUS ANUS posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahaAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Instead of watching season 1 of LMS, you should be forced to maintain your current posting rate on the IMDB forums.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Two and a Half Men is taking the "insensitivity crown" away from Last Man Standing with a Fake Gay Marriage.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DivisionPost posted:

Oh snap, why wasn't I told that Rush was from the same guy who did 50/50 and Warm Bodies? Watching the hell out of that repeat.

I was just about to say "um it was directed by Ron Howard mate" until I decided to wiki it. Let us know how it goes!

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
There have been updates.

Ms. Jana Mashonee should probably look into a restraining order.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.
I wasn't totally sold on Rush, but I really enjoyed the Satisfaction premiere.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

There's a trailer for 12 Monkeys

- It's Vancouver as gently caress and has a bunch of the people from Nikita
- It's on Syfy
- But it also has Zeljko Ivanek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNHIz1-8aM

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

There's a trailer for 12 Monkeys

- It's Vancouver as gently caress and has a bunch of the people from Nikita
- It's on Syfy
- But it also has Zeljko Ivanek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPNHIz1-8aM

Written by Nikita writers and chock full of Nikita actors. I'll be there!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jack Donaghy's mom died.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
Elaine Stritch is more famous than some bit character on 30 Rock, ya nerd :colbert:

Understudied for human airhorn, Ethel Merman. Gotta love a gal with pipes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo7hAnJPemo

Still singing into her drat 60s.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRUVl7u8Wm4

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yes but in the context of a TV forum it was her most notable role for our generation. Context and audience, Joe, context and audience.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Not Colleen!!!!!

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
Her IMDB is a mile long, but I'll always remember her as Colleen Donaghy.

"Tell him his mother's here. An' she loves him. But not in a queer way. "

"What are my chums at the Death Shore Retirement communnity gonna say when I tell them that my unmarried son has knocked up a prostetant?"

"...numbers, unlike children, don't lie!"

The Nastier Nate fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Jul 18, 2014

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

She was basically T. Herman Zweibel.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

zoux posted:

Yes but in the context of a TV forum it was her most notable role for our generation. Context and audience, Joe, context and audience.

But you forget, we are the generation of Glee. We should all have at least some appreciation of classic Broadway.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Not me I'm Gen X.

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux posted:

Not me I'm Gen X.

I'm going to guess that somebody on Glee did a terrible Nirvana cover at some point so you're sucked into it too!

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

hcreight posted:

I'm going to guess that somebody on Glee did a terrible Nirvana cover at some point so you're sucked into it too!

I don't know if they have but Defiance sure did and it was rotten.

Just in your Nirvana covers on tv shows news.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Irish Joe posted:

But you forget, we are the generation of Glee. We should all have at least some appreciation of classic Broadway.

I've avoided Glee at all costs but the commercials all gave me the impression that it was all lovely covers of current pop music that were barely a few steps above Kidz Bop.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I have seen the pilot episode of Glee and I'm assuming that's accurate. The show is awful.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

hcreight posted:

Not Nirvana, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzO9S8tkSG4

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

raditts posted:

I've avoided Glee at all costs but the commercials all gave me the impression that it was all lovely covers of current pop music that were barely a few steps above Kidz Bop.

When it premiered, Glee was about a bunch of theater nerds and their 30 year old teacher. Song selection reflected that, featuring a lot of Broadway showtunes and standards from the 80s and 90s. It wasn't until they started chasing iTunes sales in the second and third seasons that it became a top 40s shitfest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Irish Joe posted:

When it premiered, Glee was about a bunch of theater nerds and their 30 year old teacher. Song selection reflected that, featuring a lot of Broadway showtunes and standards from the 80s and 90s. It wasn't until they started chasing iTunes sales in the second and third seasons that it became a top 40s shitfest.

There were some pop songs in the first season, but not nearly as many as later. Remember, the fourth episode had a football team dancing to Single Ladies to distract their opponents long enough for Kurt to kick the game winning field goal.

• Locked thread