Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which version ya gettin?
This poll is closed.
Duck Hunt Dog 412 18.24%
Duck Hunt Dog 226 10.00%
Duck Hunt Dog 433 19.17%
Waluigi 1188 52.59%
Total: 2259 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

If Snake is in the game I bet he's going to be announced last, just so they can use that line again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!

mabels big day posted:

You may not know this, but Jigglypuff is actually the villain of the Pokemon series.

Confirming this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

No, it's going to be the 1993 version. He'll be upgraded to the 2004 version in Smash 5 and will have blue flames now.

Fair enough. I'll contact the Dropkick Murphies about the soundrack and record a few Boston accent voice samples for Super Smash Brothers 20th Anniversary.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Golden Goat posted:

Don't characters have to appear on a Nintendo console to be a viable choice? So either someone from twin snakes or MGS 3 would probably be their choice.

It would be pretty funny if we got the old snake

JENSEN.

Mennonites Revenge
Feb 13, 2012

Lack of electricity... is my destiny...

BIG BOSS
IS THE MAN NOW, DOG

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

DrPaper posted:

I work at Konami, but their gambling production division in Las Vegas and I can tell you I have no idea if Snake is in Smash Bros.

But I can tell you he's not going to be in our next wave of slots.

Well why the hell not!?

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

Well why the hell not!?

We don't use any of the Konammi IPs in the machines, we have our own cool IPs such as Norse Warrior, Forbidden Dragon and Jumping Jalapeno!

Not ruling Jalapeno Jorge out for an appearance though.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
Makes me read it with a hard "J" like one of the Trailer Park Boys.

"Jumpin' Jalapenos!"

or it could be like "Humpin' halapenos!"

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DrPaper posted:

We don't use any of the Konami IPs in the machines,

Well, why not?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DrPaper posted:

We don't use any of the Konammi IPs in the machines, we have our own cool IPs such as Norse Warrior, Forbidden Dragon and Jumping Jalapeno!

Not ruling Jalapeno Jorge out for an appearance though.

Mariachi Raiden confirmed.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are all twelve of the free games Guns of the Patriots? That'd suck.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Jumpin jah-lah-pen-ohss

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I could have sworn I lost a dollar to a Castlevania slot machine last time I was in Vegas.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

I could have sworn I lost a dollar to a Castlevania slot machine last time I was in Vegas.

We only have 2 Castlevania machines for the US but they're kind of old, but they do exist. We also had a really old "Frogger" machine. Konami IP's are used in Pachinko & Pachinko Slot machines, but those are all for Japan.

Anatharon posted:

Well, why not?

Not popular with Vegas slots audience. Majority of reoccurring slot usage is by old people, so things like Metal Gear wouldn't really draw them in and therefore not really enough reason to coordinate and get approval for the machine. There are alot of "horror" themed slots, not just from Konami, but every slot vendor, so Castlevania is able to break that mold. People are more interested in movie themed machines. For example, not one of Konami's machines, but one of the most popular new machines in Vegas right now is a slot based on the film "Bridesmaids".

DrPaper fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 18, 2014

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

DrPaper posted:

We also had a really old "Frogger" machine.

This reminds me. In a perfect world where Smash was represented by even more iconic characters from different generations of gaming, Frogger would be a perfect representative for the old Arcade days, like Pac-Man is.

Frogger for Sm4sh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Is Pong the only old-school environmental hazard/assist trophy we know of?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Plasbad posted:

This reminds me. In a perfect world where Smash was represented by even more iconic characters from different generations of gaming, Frogger would be a perfect representative for the old Arcade days, like Pac-Man is.

Frogger for Sm4sh.

Yeah the main difference being that pac is still semi-relevant. I'm sure with third party characters there is a lot of money on the line so it isn't really worth it for characters that don't benefit from the exposure.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

PantsBandit posted:

Yeah the main difference being that pac is still semi-relevant. I'm sure with third party characters there is a lot of money on the line so it isn't really worth it for characters that don't benefit from the exposure.

Oh yeah, I know he doesn't have a chance at all to get in because kids these days don't care about Frogger much. But it's still fun to think about how he might play, and see him up there with other iconic characters from the era.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

mind the walrus posted:

Is Pong the only old-school environmental hazard/assist trophy we know of?

It's not Pong, it's COLOR TV GAME 15!

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Plasbad posted:

Oh yeah, I know he doesn't have a chance at all to get in because kids these days don't care about Frogger much. But it's still fun to think about how he might play, and see him up there with other iconic characters from the era.

My dream of dreams is an assist trophy of Glover smacking:
1)The bouncy ball to knock One player in the air
2)The bowling ball to KO a second player
3)The metal ball to disorient a third player
4)The crystal ball on the ground like a fool and making the scream he does when that happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYkRDHpcNrk&t=874s

RIP Hasbro Interactive

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

DrPaper posted:

We only have 2 Castlevania machines for the US but they're kind of old, but they do exist. We also had a really old "Frogger" machine. Konami IP's are used in Pachinko & Pachinko Slot machines, but those are all for Japan.

Not popular with Vegas slots audience. Majority of reoccurring slot usage is by old people, so things like Metal Gear wouldn't really draw them in and therefore not really enough reason to coordinate and get approval for the machine. There are alot of "horror" themed slots, not just from Konami, but every slot vendor, so Castlevania is able to break that mold. People are more interested in movie themed machines. For example, not one of Konami's machines, but one of the most popular new machines in Vegas right now is a slot based on the film "Bridesmaids".

Ah, that makes sense. I went to a place in Japan that had all kinds of video game themed slots and whatnot. There was a Sonic one that I couldn't figure out even after using it. :v:

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

So is Game & watch :aaaaa:

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Yestermoment posted:

My dream of dreams is an assist trophy of Glover smacking:
1)The bouncy ball to knock One player in the air
2)The bowling ball to KO a second player
3)The metal ball to disorient a third player
4)The crystal ball on the ground like a fool and making the scream he does when that happens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYkRDHpcNrk&t=874s

RIP Hasbro Interactive

I had forgotten about Glover! It was such a weird but awesome game. He'd make a great Assist Trophy.

Jazama
Oct 5, 2013

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Those might be my favorite parts of Smash. Like fatalities in Mortal Kombat. :allears:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Guys when are they going to announce Don Quixote as a character he was my favourite character from Cervantes I speculate him because Mario is going through the same futile journeys he did but retold in a different manner.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

minusX posted:

So is a random animal crossing raccoon.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Slur posted:

Guys when are they going to announce Don Quixote as a character he was my favourite character from Cervantes I speculate him because Mario is going through the same futile journeys he did but retold in a different manner.

It's actually going to be Cervantes from Soul Calibur

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!

Endorph posted:

So is a random animal crossing raccoon.

Well yeah, they confirmed Pikachu a while ago.

BattleCake
Mar 12, 2012

minusX posted:

G&M was (sort of, though not in combat) shown at the end of the Pac-Man reveal trailer too. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he'll be back for smash 4.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Even without those two things, I'd say he's a safe bet - he's a unique character with a big part in Nintendo's history.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
If I'm reading that right, Star KOs stop happening towards the time limit of a match... that sounds like a change from the Invitational build--there were at least two matches of the invitational saw that went into Sudden Death because a Star KO didn't finish before the timer.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's a good change, for both aesthetics AND function. It means last-minute KOs have more visual impact, and it prevents you from getting screwed out of a KO you earned by the timer.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

BattleCake posted:

G&M was (sort of, though not in combat) shown at the end of the Pac-Man reveal trailer too. I'd say it's a pretty safe bet he'll be back for smash 4.
Yes, but there's been nothing else said about him (including a character page) so people (in this thread) were asking where it was. There's like...no point for there to be a G&W outside of smash is what I meant (and I didn't catch it the first time.)

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
My guess is that they just weren't done developing G&W by the Pac-Man reveal so they didn't bother doing a full announcement of his return until he shows up in another reveal trailer later.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I would assume the entire roster has been in a presentable state for a good long while at this point. If just a few months away from release there were a character too unfinished for even a few short clips and screenshots, I think that'd be a really bad sign.

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

G&W is probably unlockable like he has been in Melee and Brawl, so they don't want to officially announce him

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix

Check out how bored Villager appears after having just killed two men :stare:

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Koyaanisgoatse posted:

G&W is probably unlockable like he has been in Melee and Brawl, so they don't want to officially announce him

This hasn't really stopped them from showing off other characters who have been unlockable in the past though (Luigi, Falcon, Marth, Lucario)

There's no way they'd axe G&W but it's super weird to me that they haven't given him a page yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
I'm still hoping Game & Watch moves in a more frame-by-frame manner, as in for each stage he has set locations he can be in and shifts between them, so it's more like controlling an actual G&W game. It'd be kinda weird and probably full of :effort: but I mean it's not like he's a very resource intensive character, he's probably literally made by converting LCD images into Adobe Illustrator.

• Locked thread